PDA

View Full Version : fenlons team choice

jimmyboco1875
11-05-2013, 04:56 PM
i know we have cup final coming up but we really need our best team out there tomorrow, not understanding why folk are saying rest players..... its hearts were playing we need to beat them

Mikey
11-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Franck Sauzee.

marinello59
11-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Franck Sauzee.

:agree:
It's time to protect our best players for the final. I still expect us to win on Sunday though. And we will.

Steve20
11-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Griffiths should not play tomorrow.

Pretty Boy
11-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Franck Sauzee.

Yep. Mentioned that the other day.

We need to start protecting key players. It's tha simple.

jimmyboco1875
11-05-2013, 05:58 PM
so what yous are saying is come tomorrow at 2 yous will be happy if we are walking out tynecastle beating aslong as all our players have been untouched.........................

danhibees1875
11-05-2013, 06:19 PM
so what yous are saying is come tomorrow at 2 yous will be happy if we are walking out tynecastle beating aslong as all our players have been untouched.........................

Noone is saying that.

Baring in mind that the only time we've beaten Hearts this season the winning goal was scored without Griffiths on the pitch. I want Hibs to beat Hearts without Griffiths and Harris. :greengrin

jimmyboco1875
11-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Noone is saying that.

Baring in mind that the only time we've beaten Hearts this season the winning goal was scored without Griffiths on the pitch. I want Hibs to beat Hearts without Griffiths and Harris. :greengrin

we need both them on the pitch tomorrow and hope fenlon is sensible and tries to win this for the hibs fans and doesnt disrespect the derby and what it would mean to us

danhibees1875
11-05-2013, 06:29 PM
we need both them on the pitch tomorrow and hope fenlon is sensible and tries to win this for the hibs fans and doesnt disrespect the derby and what it would mean to us

TBH, I think that's how things will work out. They'll play. I just don't think they should.

They MUST play on the 26th.

Franck is God
11-05-2013, 06:31 PM
There is an argument to back up playing the youngsters and leaving out the first team regulars. Our under 20's have a great record against Hearts over the last couple of seasons. Ross Caldwell has a point, take Webster out of the equations and the likes of him, Handling, Harris and the others have all played against the majority of the Hearts first team and have a consistent record of beating them

I personally prefer a mix of experience and youthful exuberance. As long as we match their desire and effort then we hopefully will have enough to get a good result.

Wotherspiniesta
11-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Just wanted to mention this...

Man City rested all of their big players midweek so as to keep them fit for the final v Wigan.

8 changes made today, all the big guns back and their play was slow and disjointed.

I understand wanting to protect players, but there's a fine line between that and players being sharp.

Griffiths is fit. He's in good form. He'll want to play. I'd start him.

marinello59
11-05-2013, 06:41 PM

Certainly not what I said in my post.

TAHibby
11-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Caldwell should start, seems to be right up for it. If we could beat them without Griffiths...

Springbank
11-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Put it another way...

Hearts biggest game of the season is this 10th place decider (altogether now, wooooooooh!)

It's not even the biggest game of the week for us.

Don't give their cart horse defenders the chance to do damage. Rest the lot!

Jim44
11-05-2013, 07:17 PM
A fit Griffiths is vital if we are to have any chance of beating Celtic. Beating Celtic is vastly more important than beating Hearts. I would give Griffiths a day off tomorrow and put him on the bench against Dundee. If he trains well over the next couple of weeks, he'll be fine for the final.

Aldo
11-05-2013, 07:35 PM
A fit Griffiths is vital if we are to have any chance of beating Celtic. Beating Celtic is vastly more important than beating Hearts. I would give Griffiths a day off tomorrow and put him on the bench against Dundee. If he trains well over the next couple of weeks, he'll be fine for the final.

Keep him hungry... Final 20 the morn. A half against the Dee and he'll be as fresh as a daisy for the 26th.

Up The Bracket
11-05-2013, 09:25 PM

Man City rested all of their big players midweek so as to keep them fit for the final v Wigan.

8 changes made today, all the big guns back and their play was slow and disjointed.

I understand wanting to protect players, but there's a fine line between that and players being sharp.

Well said Spoony :thumbsup:

danhibees1875
11-05-2013, 09:31 PM

That's the midweek prior to the final at Home V WBA.

I'd rather they played against Dundee than Hearts. I'm not saying they'll be out to deliberatly get Griffiths - I don't think that's how footballers operate - even Jambos - but just the general nature of the derby leaves players more prone to injury. There have been a few examples this season already of that. :agree:

DH1875
11-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Rest them tomorrow and play the cup side against Dundee. Their relegated with nothing to play for, away from home in the last game of their season. We'll have 11 players gunning for a cup final spot and wanting to win. If we don't beat Dundee by at least 2 then I'll feel even worse about our chances in the Final. As for the yams, duck em. Imagine what it'll be like next season when they've been docked 18 points, are facing relegation with a team full of kids and we've won the Scottish cup. I can see past this game as their time will come.

Brooster
12-05-2013, 12:56 AM
I think Jordan forster will make his debut.

calumhibee1
12-05-2013, 08:01 AM
I hope we put out a full team and beat them.