PDA

View Full Version : Silly money

DH1875
11-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Just been offered £150 for my cup final ticket. And that was from a celtic fan. Anyone else been offered silly money for their ticket?

And before anyone asks, My answer was NO chance.

Scouse Hibee
11-05-2013, 02:54 PM
I wouldn't sell unless offered £500 each, would sell both of them no problem for that price.

Onion
11-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Just been offered £150 for my cup final ticket. And that was from a celtic fan. Anyone else been offered silly money for their ticket?

Why don't they just wait for the general sale like everyone else :cb

DH1875
11-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Why don't they just wait for the general sale like everyone else :cb

Their a celtic fan :wink:.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Sell them. You'll get another couple in the public sale...

iwasthere1972
11-05-2013, 05:14 PM

Did you get his phone number. :tin hat:

3pm
11-05-2013, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't sell unless offered £500 each, would sell both of them no problem for that price.

I still wouldnae!!

Jones28
12-05-2013, 08:55 AM
No danger. Imagine you missed it because you decided to sell your ticket to a Celtic fan (who can/has see his team win so many trophies that it has become a formality) and missed us winning the cup.

Scouse Hibee
12-05-2013, 09:18 AM
I still wouldnae!!

I still would, there is one stipulation though.................the buyer has to be over 80 years of age and accompanied by both parents during the transaction.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Can i have his number, i have a few spare.

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2013, 09:21 AM
I would sell it. It will be great for Hibs to have more opposition fans in the ground, after all we are massive favourites to win so I suppose a few more celtic fans at Hampden wont make much difference.

Anyway ... selling a chance to be there when Hibs finally win the cup after 111 years of trying and 10 losing finals. Who wouldnt do that for £500?

Well done for turning it down ... lets hope we can all change our usernames to Iwasthere after the 26th :greengrin

iwasthere1972
12-05-2013, 09:47 AM
I would sell it. It will be great for Hibs to have more opposition fans in the ground, after all we are massive favourites to win so I suppose a few more celtic fans at Hampden wont make much difference.

Anyway ... selling a chance to be there when Hibs finally win the cup after 111 years of trying and 10 losing finals. Who wouldnt do that for £500?

Well done for turning it down ... lets hope we can all change our usernames to Iwasthere after the 26th :greengrin

I'm hoping to change mine to iwasthere2013 but don't tell anybody. :aok:

DH1875
16-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Want a laugh, twat has just been on the phone. Turns out he got a ticket for our end in the end. He's now however got a ticket for their end is trying to flog me the ticket for our end. Total muppet :greengrin.

green.and.white
16-05-2013, 10:40 PM

Why would a Celtic fan pay £150?? If they win they won't even care that much :confused: winning this means hee haw to them essentially cos it's just 'hey ho another trophy'...

Sir David Gray
16-05-2013, 10:55 PM
My ticket is not for sale at any price.

You cannot put a price on seeing Hibs winning the Scottish Cup for the first time in over 100 years.

Absolutely no danger I'm missing this match.

Vini1875
17-05-2013, 12:54 AM
A bit daft since for £100 you can get very good odds at getting the chance to buy two tickets when in the ballot for the dundee game.

1875Hibees
17-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Why would a Celtic fan pay £150?? If they win they won't even care that much :confused: winning this means hee haw to them essentially cos it's just 'hey ho another trophy'...
They dont see it like that. And why should they?

Pete
17-05-2013, 01:51 AM
They dont see it like that. And why should they?

Because domestic trophies come around every season for the likes of Celtic. Where are the street parties and parades when they win any of the three major trophies?

Saying that, there definitely is a higher demand from them to be there so on some level they must appreciate it. It's just different to our sort of appreciation and desire to win or be there.

For them it's just about getting another notch closer to sevco and willy-waving at their fellow season ticket holders.

Holmesdale Hibs
17-05-2013, 08:50 AM

Definitely the correct answer and sure you won't regret it when watching us lift the cup.

SlickShoes
17-05-2013, 08:53 AM

This baffles me too, I live in Glasgow and every Celtc fan I speak to isn't even going to the game, they think it'd be nice to do the double but "it's just another Scottish Cup" so they aren't too fussed, it's on telly anyway.

This makes me livid, especially if they win the cup, knowing what it means to me that it means so little to them, soul destroying.

DH1875
17-05-2013, 12:28 PM

To be fair, he is a celtic die hard and is quite high up to do with their support as he's been on TV and in the papers and stuff so winning might mean something to him. Anyhow, even at that he's minted and think the £150 was just a gesture to me and he didn't pay that for the ticket he ended up with as he's offered me it for what he paid (a lot less but not face value). I said no as I'm sorted for tickets so he's gonna try sell it to someone else. Just hope it's not to one of his celtic mates :brickwall.

DH1875
17-05-2013, 12:40 PM
This baffles me too, I live in Glasgow and every Celtc fan I speak to isn't even going to the game, they think it'd be nice to do the double but "it's just another Scottish Cup" so they aren't too fussed, it's on telly anyway.

This makes me livid, especially if they win the cup, knowing what it means to me that it means so little to them, soul destroying.

While it'll never mean as much to them as it will me I know a few Celtic fans who are very fussed and want to win.
The thing about living in Glasgow is that about 90% of the celtic/rangers fans you meet will tell you their supporters but don't even go to games and don't have a clue. My daughter had her communion a couple of weeks ago and I was talking to some celtic fans who even wanted us to win :confused:. Best of all was my brother in law (who actually goes to games) came out and said he hopes it's a draw. I had to explain to him it's a final and doesn't quite work like that :faf:. My two uncles (one of whom has the ticket) on the other hand are celtic crazy and both go home and away every week. They hope they win and their supporters bus is having a do that night where they hope to celebrate winning the cup, which is fair enough. Cheeky sod's have even asked if I want to go with them.

weecounty hibby
17-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Last final they beat us in I ended up falling out with a die hard Celtic fan in the pub back in Alloa. He never misses a game home/away/Europe but after the final it was back to Alloa into the Royal Oak couple of beers and no big deal. I told him then that they would never truly understand how good it will feel for us to win it as it was just another run of the mill game to them. When we do win it, and I hope to god that I am alive to see it, I know I and my fellow Hibbies will party like it's 1999, or 1902!!

Aaron
17-05-2013, 06:42 PM
I was offered £1,500 (or was it euros??) for my £35 official Scotland end ticket for the opening world cup game against Brazil in 1998 outside the ground- told the tout to bold. Sometimes money can't beat the experience.

weecounty hibby
17-05-2013, 07:03 PM
I was offered £1,500 (or was it euros??) for my £35 official Scotland end ticket for the opening world cup game against Brazil in 1998 outside the ground- told the tout to bold. Sometimes money can't beat the experience.
I managed to get a pair for that game through a friend who had a French husband and was offered £4,000 for the pair! I turned the tout down and gave one to my mate for nothing more than the face value. As you say, that was a money can't buy experience that day. Scotland V Brazil world Cup opening ceremony could only be bettered by Hibs winning the Scottish cup.

Capt Mainwaring
17-05-2013, 07:16 PM

Same here. Was offered £1200 each for our 2 tickets on the morning of the Scotland Brazil game in Paris 98. Tempted to sell the wife's, and give her a few hundred to go shopping and I'd meet up after the game!

Didn't sell as the experience of us both seeing Scotland in the Stade de France on the opening game of the World Cup against Brazil would never be repeated.

Seeing Hibs win the Scottish Cup - Priceless

Green Man
17-05-2013, 07:21 PM
I ended up in the very fortunate position of having extra tickets for the final which I'm sure I could have flogged. Instead I've passed them on to a couple of mates, one who had missed out in the public sale this year and last year, one who's made a late decision to come up from London, as well as my brother who got let down for a ticket on the day last year and my dad who started me off on this road all those years ago. The feeling that those guys will be at the final is better than any amount of money.

weecounty hibby
17-05-2013, 07:23 PM
I ended up in the very fortunate position of having extra tickets for the final which I'm sure I could have flogged. Instead I've passed them on to a couple of mates, one who had missed out in the public sale this year and last year, one who's made a late decision to come up from London, as well as my brother who got let down for a ticket on the day last year and my dad who started me off on this road all those years ago. The feeling that those guys will be at the final is better than any amount of money.
:thumbsup::top marks.

Hermit Crab
18-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Ads on gumtree from people looking for tickets. Willing to pay £100 per ticket.

nonshinyfinish
18-05-2013, 11:00 AM

If you were offered euros in 1998 then either the tout worked for the European Central Bank, or they would have been drawn in crayon.