PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell to Start?

rcarter1
11-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Just reading Evening News, and Caldwell seems well keen and confident.

"It's not daunting, it's just another game and I think that they have so many players I have already played against makes it easier. I know I'm more than capable of playing against them (He has scored 7 goals in 7 starts vs them at youth level), because I've done it before".

I also like the bit where he says hes not jealous of the Hearts youngsters for getting their first team chance..

"that is because of a financial crisis. It's been forced on them."

JohnStephens91
11-05-2013, 12:40 PM
He also said he would love to score the winner. I'd start Caldwell, he'll batter and pester their defence.

Heisenberg
11-05-2013, 12:42 PM
He also said he would love to score the winner. I'd start Caldwell, he'll batter and pester their defence.

He'd definitely do a better job of it than Doyle IMO.

rcarter1
11-05-2013, 01:16 PM
He'd definitely do a better job of it than Doyle IMO.

Dunno, Doyles a trier, and perhaps starting these Caldwell and Doyle with Griffiths held back for 2nd half.

Pretty Boy
11-05-2013, 01:23 PM
I think he deserves a go. Scored a good goal the other week an whilst I haven't been hugely impressed when he comes off the bench he was more than decent in the ICT gane when he started.

Northernhibee
11-05-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Caldwell next season, he's had enough game time to learn lessons from and with a good pre season under his belt I could see him having a good season next year. If you'd told me at the winter break last season that Sparky would be staring down the barrel of a thirty goal season I wouldn't believe you. I don't think Caldwell is at that level but could see fifteen goals or so next time around.

His finish against St Mirren shows a cool, collected head on his shoulders.

Speedy
11-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Had to read it twice before I worked out it wasn't about Gary Caldwell.

DAVE1875
12-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Proclaiming my man-love for Caldwell now :hug:

:giruy:

chrisski33
12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Hopefully he can predict that he will score the winning goal v celtic on 26th may! what a goal today!

JohnStephens91
12-05-2013, 08:40 PM

Looks like the lad got his wish! :thumbsup:

:jmcp: