PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon to Wolves?

AngusHibby
11-05-2013, 01:28 AM
Was reading through the Wolves forums and there is talk of him being one of the candidates for their managerial vacancy. Probably nonsense tbh

AngusHibby
11-05-2013, 01:33 AM
http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?21361-The-new-manager-thread-wild-speculation-here!/page15

lord bunberry
11-05-2013, 03:52 AM
Maybe were going to offer fenlon in exchange for griffiths

HH81
11-05-2013, 04:27 AM
Maybe were going to offer fenlon in exchange for griffiths

:greengrin

3pm
11-05-2013, 05:51 AM
No chance.

bingo70
11-05-2013, 06:01 AM
Can't see it and hope not, fenlon had a massive job to do when he took over changing the culture at the club and he's only part of the way through it now, if he was to leave now he'd still have a lot of doubters questioning if he did a good job or not, imo if he was to wait 2/3 years his stock will be a lot higher than a league 1 club.

SMAXXA
11-05-2013, 07:37 AM
I thought this was another Fenlon bashing thread, feed Fenlon to a pack of Wolves :greengrin

Hibby Bairn
11-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Fenlon out. Hughes in.

Jones28
11-05-2013, 08:49 AM
No way.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Fenlon out, Fergie in

Golden Bear
11-05-2013, 09:03 AM
I wouldn't shed any tears but let's not go there right now.

Heisenberg
11-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Absolutely no chance.

stu in nottingham
11-05-2013, 09:08 AM
The words 'snowball' and 'hell' come to mind.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-05-2013, 09:12 AM
He might have other bags of sweets to choose from. Very much doubt it though. The rumour stems from wiki after all.

Purehibee_MYB
11-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Fenlon out, Williamson in

Vault Boy
11-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Can't see it and hope not, fenlon had a massive job to do when he took over changing the culture at the club and he's only part of the way through it now, if he was to leave now he'd still have a lot of doubters questioning if he did a good job or not, imo if he was to wait 2/3 years his stock will be a lot higher than a league 1 club.

:agree: Fenlon's job has a long way to go, and I think he can do it given some time. I don't think there's anything in this story though.

WestEndHibee
11-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Fenlon out, Williamson in

Back to the glory days. The man had vision. Had he been allowed to sign bobby Mann as an exchange for those nobodies Whittaker and riordan, we would be talking champions league. :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
11-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Greg Abbot for wolves.

G15 Hibs
11-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Sweet mother of Jesus please.

SMAXXA
11-05-2013, 11:30 AM

Na shes in for the Everton job mate no the Wolves one

WestEndHibee
11-05-2013, 11:30 AM

Is tgis a suggestion for fenlon's replacement? :greengrin
A female manager would be an interesting turn of events for sure. We are a club of firsts...

WestEndHibee
11-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Na shes in for the Everton job mate no the Wolves one

Damn, you got in first.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2013, 11:44 AM
http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?21361-The-new-manager-thread-wild-speculation-here!/page15

Maybe I'm missing something here so please enlighten.
did you or anyone on this thread read the post? Referred to Wikipedia (never wrong for long)
and We go on about sloppy journalism....!

Come on folks with the Derby and Final coming up we need to be a bit smarter than biting at this....

The Gorf
11-05-2013, 12:33 PM
did you or anyone on this thread read the post? Referred to Wikipedia (never wrong for long)

Come on folks with the Derby and Final coming up we need to be a bit smarter than biting at this....

Agreed, same as the thread about dropping McPake. Lets leave comments like this till after the final.
:pfgwa

SaulGoodman
11-05-2013, 12:47 PM
No idea why he'd want to go to a league 1 team, never mind a **** league one team :greengrin

AngusHibby
11-05-2013, 01:13 PM

Just thought it was worth mentioning. I doubt a gossip threads going to ruin our chances in the cup final...

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Just thought it was worth mentioning. I doubt a gossip threads going to ruin our chances in the cup final...

I'm sure you'll appreciate this comes with the territory. :wink:
For the record the wiki entry has been removed - if it was even there in the first place.
I'm just finding it hard to fathom how folks could take that without questioning - "boca oberto" as they'd say in Brazil.

yekimevol
11-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Ive got nothing against pat, he has the hardest job in scottish football. Dealing with us, our expectations (Not saying our expectations are wrong we are a big club in scotland, but the squad will take time to rebuild not over night) and the state of the club. He is not a manager i would have chosen, he seems to be able to motivate the lads and half the time pick a player, but i think his tactics are rotten and in some games seems to forget he has subs or form a plan b.

This is my manager (i.e. the man i want as the next hibs gaffer) - IAN MURRAY - the man knows us and from every article i read seems to know the game and how it should be played.

Great bit from this one -
He stops short of accusing some of the Hibs loan players of not trying but adds: “I don’t think they realised the importance of that final, which is incredible, really.” If he was manager – maybe stop reading now, Pat – he’d have gone for a different build-up. “I thought what we did, getting out of Edinburgh and everything, was too low-key. I’d have made it massive, opened up training to the fans with a gala night at Easter Road on the Thursday night and on the day of the final got the team to leave from the ground so the players would see the punters on the street-corners and be in no doubt who and what they were playing for.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/ian-murray-thriving-in-father-and-sons-role-1-2926231
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/ex-hibs-man-ian-murray-s-coaching-career-takes-off-1-2800289
http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport/football/rock-solid-ian-murray-is-on-a-roll-at-dumbarton-1-2734789
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/the-waiting-game-proves-miserable-for-dumbarton-manager-ian-murray-1-2681985

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-05-2013, 08:21 PM

See my 2nd post on this thread.

Andy74
11-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Ive got nothing against pat, he has the hardest job in scottish football. Dealing with us, our expectations (Not saying our expectations are wrong we are a big club in scotland, but the squad will take time to rebuild not over night) and the state of the club. He is not a manager i would have chosen, he seems to be able to motivate the lads and half the time pick a player, but i think his tactics are rotten and in some games seems to forget he has subs or form a plan b.

This is my manager (i.e. the man i want as the next hibs gaffer) - IAN MURRAY - the man knows us and from every article i read seems to know the game and how it should be played.

Great bit from this one -
He stops short of accusing some of the Hibs loan players of not trying but adds: “I don’t think they realised the importance of that final, which is incredible, really.” If he was manager – maybe stop reading now, Pat – he’d have gone for a different build-up. “I thought what we did, getting out of Edinburgh and everything, was too low-key. I’d have made it massive, opened up training to the fans with a gala night at Easter Road on the Thursday night and on the day of the final got the team to leave from the ground so the players would see the punters on the street-corners and be in no doubt who and what they were playing for.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/ian-murray-thriving-in-father-and-sons-role-1-2926231
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/ex-hibs-man-ian-murray-s-coaching-career-takes-off-1-2800289
http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport/football/rock-solid-ian-murray-is-on-a-roll-at-dumbarton-1-2734789
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/the-waiting-game-proves-miserable-for-dumbarton-manager-ian-murray-1-2681985

There's a whole other thread on this but this is crazy. Like Pat or not talking about Murray as better due to pointing out some obvious things is daft. Murray will find out that things aren't quite as easy as they seem when you are having to make the decisions at a big club. Taking part time training twice a week then the game isn't quite the same and things won't always go quite as well as they are now. Pat's record at previous clubs beats anything Murray can think about right now.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2013, 08:36 PM
See my 2nd post on this thread.
Ok well at least two of us ;)
what a pile of 5h***€

The Sea-gull
11-05-2013, 08:43 PM
There's a whole other thread on this but this is crazy. Like Pat or not talking about Murray as better due to pointing out some obvious things is daft. Murray will find out that things aren't quite as easy as they seem when you are having to make the decisions at a big club. Taking part time training twice a week then the game isn't quite the same and things won't always go quite as well as they are now. Pat's record at previous clubs beats anything Murray can think about right now.
Find it crazy that folk are touting Murray as a future hibs manager on the basis of a good 6 months at a part time div 1 club. Murray has done a great job so far but should be analysed as a candidate for the hibs job once we have seen how he has done after 6 years as a manager when, all going well for him, he will have managed at a higher level than Dumbarton. Not sure pat has the credentials for the hibs job given the level he has managed at but that is another story. The jury is still out on him.