PDA

View Full Version : Pre-final Shandies

Franck Le God
10-05-2013, 06:35 PM
There might already be a thread on this but I was wondering if there is a planned venue for the Hibees to amass before the final?

cwilliamson85
10-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Am I right in thinking somebody was talking about a club opening there doors to hibs fans per match (possibly the shed)?

A reminder to all people having a drink on the day don't get to pissed that you are so drunk that you run the risk of being turned away at the turnstile, ruin the game or people around ou or not being able to remember the day at all.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Thanks Dad!

southfieldhibby
11-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Am I right in thinking somebody was talking about a club opening there doors to hibs fans per match (possibly the shed)?

A reminder to all people having a drink on the day don't get to pissed that you are so drunk that you run the risk of being turned away at the turnstile, ruin the game or people around ou or not being able to remember the day at all.

Aye, cheers for that.

vercol36
11-05-2013, 11:40 AM
So anyone know any places which will likely be Hibs pubs? At last years final, me and a few mates drank in the city centre, but it was all mixed fans and thus very little atmosphere. We finally stumbled upon the Star Bar out at the Gorbals, which was hosting the Fife Hibs club, I think. It was ok, but we got on a bus after which led to the jambo side of the stadium.

Although, am I right in saying that the jambo side last year is our side this year?

cwilliamson85
11-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Church on the hill or clockworks are good sized pubs and are on the correct side of Hampden.

Hibernia Na Eir
11-05-2013, 12:53 PM
anyone know decent hotel does High Tea, cakes and sandwiches?

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2013, 01:05 PM

Anywhere near the bus shelter, they also do the odd jumble sale too.

vercol36
11-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Church on the hill or clockworks are good sized pubs and are on the correct side of Hampden.

Cheers! From the website, Clockworks seems to be a micro-brewery pub. Might be a good shout!

danhibees1875
11-05-2013, 01:20 PM
So anyone know any places which will likely be Hibs pubs? At last years final, me and a few mates drank in the city centre, but it was all mixed fans and thus very little atmosphere. We finally stumbled upon the Star Bar out at the Gorbals, which was hosting the Fife Hibs club, I think. It was ok, but we got on a bus after which led to the jambo side of the stadium.

Although, am I right in saying that the jambo side last year is our side this year?

It was indeed, with a few random Jambos in the back rooms I think. 3 'courses' for £2.50 in the Star Bar too! :greengrin

Franck Le God
11-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Just booked 25 of us in to the Langside, boy says there's a few Hibs buses booked in.

0141 649 7031 for anyone who's interested:flag:

Green Man
11-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Cheers! From the website, Clockworks seems to be a micro-brewery pub. Might be a good shout!

I was in the Clockwork before the semi final, it was a cracking pub. Good selection of beers, loads of room inside and a beer garden.

Sweet Left Peg
11-05-2013, 11:21 PM

Shall I bring the Mah Jong?

DH1875
11-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Think the shed is ticket only and has plenty of buses already booked in. I went city centre last year and ended up in a music bar full of hibs fans next to central station. The staff were terrible as kept telling folk to cover their colours and seen them refuse one bird in a hibs top as she didn't have a jacket to cover up. Atmosphere was crap to start off as every time a song was struck up the staff were trying to put an end to it. They gave up eventually after a few hours as plenty of drink had been drunk by then but by then it was time to go get the train up to Hampden. In short it wasn't very good and this year I'm looking for a pre-booked venue with plenty of hibs fans looking for a party and sing song.

cwilliamson85
12-05-2013, 08:18 PM
5 buses from oxgangs booked into the Factory west end night club (byres road,partick) apparently £2.50 a pint
:thumbsup:

Factory (used to be PJ Champs) is VERY cheap for drinks and does food to.

DH1875
12-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Factory (used to be PJ Champs) is VERY cheap for drinks and does food to.

Spent many a Superbowl in PJ's. Hadn't realized it had changed it's name. Very cheap for food and drink with plenty of pool tables (well did have). **** knows where your buses are gonna park before you head off to the game though :confused:. In fact, if it's the same layout as PJ's, **** knows how you'll all fit in :greengrin. Their function room holds 30 people max.

Spender
21-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Spent many a Superbowl in PJ's. Hadn't realized it had changed it's name. Very cheap for food and drink with plenty of pool tables (well did have). **** knows where your buses are gonna park before you head off to the game though :confused:. In fact, if it's the same layout as PJ's, **** knows how you'll all fit in :greengrin. Their function room holds 30 people max.

apparently totally gutted earlier this year, hope am right!

hibs4thecup1988
21-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Going by car...parking in the queens park recreational...anyone know of any pubs from there to the ground?

cwilliamson85
21-05-2013, 08:54 PM
apparently totally gutted earlier this year, hope am right!

I have yet to be in (even though I do stay round he corner) but I did go past and on the board outside on Thursday night is stated £2 pints and 89p vodka mixer. Not sure if that is all time prices or for a new student night they are trying to launch.

I have heard it is pretty cheap though.

G15 Hibs
21-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Going by car...parking in the queens park recreational...anyone know of any pubs from there to the ground?

Could try the Langside on Battlefield Road, probably the closest the the rec ground, other than heading to Vicky Road.

Aaron
22-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Anyone know what time the pubs around Hampden open?

Potty78
22-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Anyone know what time the pubs around Hampden open?

Boswell hotels opens 11am. Ten min walk to hampden)

hibs4thecup1988
22-05-2013, 10:38 AM

Where is that about? Will I get in with a kid?

Aaron
22-05-2013, 10:43 AM

Lol.... Last time I was there was for the 2001 cup final against Celtic.

Are there buses booked in there? Want somewhere busy.

Potty78
22-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Where is that about? Will I get in with a kid?

Mansionhouse rd.langside. Kids will be fine. No sure how many booked in but 40 of us going. Bell them 01416329812)

hibsforeurope
22-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Lol.... Last time I was there was for the 2001 cup final against Celtic.

Are there buses booked in there? Want somewhere busy.

I had a call from the manager of the Boswell today to confirm opening times and he said there was around 200 booked in already and there are expecting more to arrive on the day. If you book in they will reserve seating for your group.

Wellbankhibby
22-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Can Any Fellow Hibees tell me where the best place to get a few drinks before the game. Last year I couldn't get a drink as Pubs were all booked and you had to have a voucher to get in. All I'm looking for are a few post drinks before cheering the Hibees on to victory. GGTTH :flag:

MacBean
22-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Can Any Fellow Hibees tell me where the best place to get a few drinks before the game. Last year I couldn't get a drink as Pubs were all booked and you had to have a voucher to get in. All I'm looking for are a few post drinks before cheering the Hibees on to victory. GGTTH :flag:

Two threads on this already? Have a wee peak down the list. Can't post links as on me phone :aok:

Wellbankhibby
22-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Two threads on this already? Have a wee peak down the list. Can't post links as on me phone :aok: Thanks mate my big problem is the pubs are usually booked by coaches from Edinburgh I'm coming from Dundee by City Link coach.

DH1875
22-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Thanks mate my big problem is the pubs are usually booked by coaches from Edinburgh I'm coming from Dundee by City Link coach.

Best bet is to meet up with others in Glasgow city centre and go for a few there. Hampden is only 5 mins away on the train from Central so head down that way and you'll find some fans somewhere. Sure there's a thread going about somewhere saying where :greengrin.

If you your citylinking back to Dundee and having to wait about after the game you are welcome to join me and a few others for a pint :aok:.

Wellbankhibby
22-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Best bet is to meet up with others in Glasgow city centre and go for a few there. Hampden is only 5 mins away on the train from Central so head down that way and you'll find some fans somewhere. Sure there's a thread going about somewhere saying where :greengrin.

If you your citylinking back to Dundee and having to wait about after the game you are welcome to join me and a few others for a pint :aok:.
Appreciate your help mate and your Offer. Thanks again. Bill ( Near Dundee) GGTTH

IanM
22-05-2013, 01:16 PM

I have a spare ticket for the shed in Hampden if you're interested? There was 8 of us going but one of the lads pulled out so I have a spare ticket.

Doors open at 12, drink from 12.30 but it's vouchers only but for Hibs only

If you're interested, PM me

DH1875
22-05-2013, 01:19 PM
I have a spare ticket for the shed in Hampden if you're interested? There was 8 of us going but one of the lads pulled out so I have a spare ticket.

Doors open at 12, drink from 12.30 but it's vouchers only but for Hibs only

If you're interested, PM me

Has that been confirmed?

southsider
22-05-2013, 01:21 PM

Try the Horseshoe Bar, pretty central and good few Hibs people are going there. Cheers

DH1875
22-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Appreciate your help mate and your Offer. Thanks again. Bill ( Near Dundee) GGTTH

No worries. If you fancy a pint after the game just add your name here :aok:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?264816-West-coast-Hi-bees&p=3615073#post3615073

HH81
22-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Has that been confirmed?

Yes.

DH1875
22-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Yes.

OK must have missed it as was sure the doors were opening 11 and not 12 :greengrin.

HH81
22-05-2013, 01:33 PM
OK must have missed it as was sure the doors were opening 11 and not 12 :greengrin.

See other thread mate :aok:

hibsforeurope
22-05-2013, 01:37 PM
The Boswell Hotel on Masionhouse Road, 10 minute walk from Hampden, is open from 11. There are a few buses booked in but they are keeping spaces for people walking in off the street, so no need to book if you are on your own.

southfieldhibby
22-05-2013, 01:51 PM
I had a call from the manager of the Boswell today to confirm opening times and he said there was around 200 booked in already and there are expecting more to arrive on the day. If you book in they will reserve seating for your group.

you running a bus thru to the boswell mate?your initials AB by any chance?

what time you expecting to be there?

Potty78
22-05-2013, 02:28 PM
you running a bus thru to the boswell mate?your initials AB by any chance?

what time you expecting to be there?
Leaving Peebles 9am, Boswell for opening:flag:

cwilliamson85
22-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Go to love The Counting House. It opens at 8am on a Sunday and I am pretty sure you can get a pint if a breakfast is ordered.

HibbyKeith
22-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Tamsons Bar on easter road has a 10am licence and the bus doesn't leave until 11am. so a pre glasgow dram will be available to anyone in or around easter road on Sunday morning.

glory glory

Big_Franck
22-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Go to love The Counting House. It opens at 8am on a Sunday and I am pretty sure you can get a pint if a breakfast is ordered.

I'd give the counting house a miss. We went there before the semi and it was a farce. You could only order a drink before 11 if you ordered what they called "a substantial breakfast" so you can't just order a bacon roll or that, you have to order a proper breakfast, and that was for every drink you bought. They wouldn't let you then just go to the bar for a drink after you'd had your breakfast (we tried with a few different bar staff), they were saying again that you would have to buy a breakfast to get another drink before 11.

God Petrie
22-05-2013, 07:08 PM
What are the licensing laws? Presumably the majority of boozers don't open until half 12?

HibbyKeith
22-05-2013, 09:46 PM
What are the licensing laws? Presumably the majority of boozers don't open until half 12?

yeah, pretty sure the vast majority are 12:30 on a Sunday mate.

Gmack7
23-05-2013, 06:19 AM
Do shetlleston junios have an early license?

cwilliamson85
23-05-2013, 08:10 AM
I'd give the counting house a miss. We went there before the semi and it was a farce. You could only order a drink before 11 if you ordered what they called "a substantial breakfast" so you can't just order a bacon roll or that, you have to order a proper breakfast, and that was for every drink you bought. They wouldn't let you then just go to the bar for a drink after you'd had your breakfast (we tried with a few different bar staff), they were saying again that you would have to buy a breakfast to get another drink before 11.

Our plan is to go there for 9:30/10. Get a breakfast then head over to the shed for the 12 o’clock opening time.

DH1875
23-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Our plan is to go there for 9:30/10. Get a breakfast then head over to the shed for the 12 o’clock opening time.

I'm sure the Wetherspoons at central station does the early breakfast/drink on a Sunday. I'd double check though.

Seven Zero
23-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Do shetlleston junios have an early license?

I beleive they are open at 11am. About 500 Hibbys booked into there this year :)

1875HFC
23-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Hi folks, i will be parking in the Queens park bit near hampden on sunday. There will be 4 of us, one under 18, does anyone know of anywhere we could go before the game near here as I personally do not know the are well! Will be wanting to arrive at the car parking place early so can take in the atmosphere but really stuck as to what we can do beforehand.

Any help would be appreciated! :flag:

Keith_M
23-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Hi folks, i will be parking in the Queens park bit near hampden on sunday. There will be 4 of us, one under 18, does anyone know of anywhere we could go before the game near here as I personally do not know the are well! Will be wanting to arrive at the car parking place early so can take in the atmosphere but really stuck as to what we can do beforehand.

Any help would be appreciated! :flag:

That depends, are you looking for somewhere to drink or eat?

1875HFC
23-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Sorry that is true, em would just be anywhere that is a casual pub style place with food and drink, i reckon most places will have a good atmosphere?

Keith_M
23-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Sorry that is true, em would just be anywhere that is a casual pub style place with food and drink, i reckon most places will have a good atmosphere?

TBH, I think anywhere you go will have a good atmosphere.

The nearest street to the Car Park with a number of pubs is Victoria Road, which I sometimes recommend. However, they are ALL Celtic pubs, which any day except Sunday wouldn't matter but....

What you could try is the Number 10 Hotel (http://www.10hotel.co.uk/) on Queens Drive (runs adjacent to the Car Park). They cater to visitors but they might have buses booked in there already. The next bet would be the Church on the Hil (http://www.churchonthehill.co.uk/)l, which is a great atmosphere but you'd need to get their early. Does really good food as well as drink and no problems with kids.

1875HFC
23-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Thats brilliant appreciate the help there. Dont want to really be walking any great distance away not sure of any of the areas so the church on the hill looks promising, i will give them a buzz see when they open etc.

Thanks again mate :aok:

DH1875
23-05-2013, 08:08 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?265061-Pre-match-festivities

Albanian Hibs
23-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Thats brilliant appreciate the help there. Dont want to really be walking any great distance away not sure of any of the areas so the church on the hill looks promising, i will give them a buzz see when they open etc.

Thanks again mate :aok:

There are quite a few buses booked in to church on the hill so I would phone them first.