PDA

View Full Version : Hibs linked with English striker

hibs0666
10-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Lee Novak - any good? (http://bit.ly/Yytoh8)

Just_Jimmy
10-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Ex huddersfield? Yeah I'd take him

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2013, 09:39 AM
He would do a good job in the SPL, I doubt he'll have much bother finding a bigger wage than we can give him in The Championship.

Broken Gnome
10-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Given we tend to bugger up the decent target man option that other SPL teams do well in, hard to say. If Higdon et al. can score up here, Novak 's got a good enough record to be a success.

Him and Griffiths up front would be great on paper.

hibby rae
10-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Doesn't seem to bang in the goals though. Perhaps it would be better to give Caldwell a proper chance?

bingo70
10-05-2013, 09:43 AM
It's a pretty mingin scoring record for a striker but that's not something I'd get too hung up on, I think there is more to forward play than scoring goals themselves and if he helps other people score then its job done.

I can't remember the last good striker that hearts had that scored 20+ goals in a season but they consistently finish above us.

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2013, 09:52 AM
It's a pretty mingin scoring record for a striker but that's not something I'd get too hung up on, I think there is more to forward play than scoring goals themselves and if he helps other people score then its job done.

I can't remember the last good striker that hearts had that scored 20+ goals in a season but they consistently finish above us.

Would agree if we had goals regularly coming from midfield and other strikers that score regularly, if we lose Griffiths we can't say that and would definitely need someone capable of a better strike ratio. Having said that he might get a bucketful in the SPL who knows.

Treadstone
10-05-2013, 09:55 AM

No even this guy ?:cb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGC6IYLy99M

Andy74
10-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Would agree if we had goals regularly coming from midfield and other strikers that score regularly, if we lose Griffiths we can't say that and would definitely need someone capable of a better strike ratio. Having said that he might get a bucketful in the SPL who knows.

That's true but I also think that we don't get enough goals from elsewhere because we don't have a striker that can hold it up and bring others into play. We tend to get the ball to Leigh who either scores or he doesn't just now. A different style, or someone like that with Leigh and we could see others getting more involved further up the pitch.

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2013, 09:58 AM
That's true but I also think that we don't get enough goals from elsewhere because we don't have a striker that can hold it up and bring others into play. We tend to get the ball to Leigh who either scores or he doesn't just now. A different style, or someone like that with Leigh and we could see others getting more involved further up the pitch.

Agree, I thought that would have been the Kuqi role when we signed him.

hibby rae
10-05-2013, 10:00 AM

I see he played for Gretna in the First Division and only scored 5 in 35.

Don Giovanni
10-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Moved to Huddersfield from Gateshead so seen him quite a lot (although a few years ago at Conference North level).

Had / has good pace, strength and was decent in the air. Had a canny knack of scoring goals at that level, although I see his record at League 1 & Championship is not so impressive (unsurprisingly).

Think he would do well in the SPL, better option than Doyle IMO.

He's a Geordie lad so maybe someone can convince him that Brum is too far from home & East Mains is just a handy wee jaunt up the road.
:greengrin

Bad Habits
10-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Obviously he's a striker and is expected to score goals, but at Huddersfield where most of the team would have been set up to provide Jordan Rhodes with chances he may have found some hard to come by. In the same way I think Doyle has suffered by being put next to Griffiths

NOLA
10-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Lee Novak - any good? (http://bit.ly/Yytoh8)

If he was any good we wouldn't have a chance

frazeHFC
10-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Would be a nice signing. Huddersfield fans seem to rate him.

Sergio sledge
10-05-2013, 10:22 AM

That's the spirit!

Stevie Reid
10-05-2013, 10:24 AM

Was only 17 at the time though - must have been alright to have played 35 times for Gretna at that age at a time when they were outspending all of their First Division rivals.

hibs0666
10-05-2013, 10:27 AM

Lee Griffiths.

Aldo
10-05-2013, 10:28 AM
I watch a lot of the Football league in England and tbh he was instrumental when Rhodes banged in all those goals.

I would have him in a heart beat. Exactly what out front line has been missing since Mixu IMHO.

We shall see.

green glory
10-05-2013, 10:30 AM
if he was any good we wouldn't have a chance

ffs.

LioNeilMessi
10-05-2013, 10:32 AM

He was only 17/18 at the time in all fairness. If he's done well recently in the Championship, as some have said, I would be delighted if we signed him.

JimBHibees
10-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Lee Griffiths.

Any relation to Leigh? :greengrin

hibby rae
10-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Any relation to Leigh? :greengrin

He's twice the player Leigh is. That's why we had no chance of getting him.

AngusHibby
10-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Leigh and Lee up front next season :wink:

LancashireHibby
10-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Would hope we can snap him up, definitely worth a go :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
10-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Moved to Huddersfield from Gateshead so seen him quite a lot (although a few years ago at Conference North level).

Had / has good pace, strength and was decent in the air. Had a canny knack of scoring goals at that level, although I see his record at League 1 & Championship is not so impressive (unsurprisingly).

Think he would do well in the SPL, better option than Doyle IMO.

He's a Geordie lad so maybe someone can convince him that Brum is too far from home & East Mains is just a handy wee jaunt up the road.
Airey the fairy came from and returned to Gateashead did he not (after breaking his arm sharpening a pencil and missing his mums cooking..?)

LancashireHibby
10-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Airey the fairy came from and returned to Gateashead did he not (after breaking his arm sharpening a pencil and missing his mums cooking..?)
He joined Blyth Spartans after he left us, though I'm not sure whether or not that was via Gateshead.

Centre Hawf
10-05-2013, 11:43 AM
He joined Blyth Spartans after he left us, though I'm not sure whether or not that was via Gateshead.

Phil Airey is from a farm in the Gateshead area, doesn't like to go to far from home hence why he didn't last long up here.

NOLA
10-05-2013, 11:47 AM
That's the spirit!
anytime :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
10-05-2013, 11:54 AM

Sniff sniff

LeighLoyal
10-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Udderfield want to kep him so I don't see him coming up ere.

Speedway
10-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Got a blocked nose FH?

JeMeSouviens
10-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Leigh and Lee up front next season :wink:

We could dig up the song from the old macaroon bar ad, "Lees, Leighs, score if you please".

Don Giovanni
10-05-2013, 12:20 PM

We had him on loan from Newcastle. Think he later had a very short stint at Gateshead before ending up at Blyth Spartans. What a chump.

Frankly, the less said about the **** Calderwood's time at ER the better
(i even hope Norwich go down because of that useless prick!)

Bobo
10-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Got a blocked nose FH?

Green Fish
10-05-2013, 12:26 PM
I wasn't at the pre season game v huddersfield but am sure this was the guy thst really impressed my mate.

TomoHFC
10-05-2013, 01:31 PM
I would take him he scored a lot of goals at huddersfield

Vault Boy
10-05-2013, 04:58 PM
I wasn't at the pre season game v huddersfield but am sure this was the guy thst really impressed my mate.

Scannell was also playing upfront and he is a very talented player, might it have been him?

(Not saying Novak isn't a good player by the way :greengrin)

JohnStephens91
10-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Don't think there is anything here at all folks. Much ado about nothing. Caldwell is the better option. Can't wait for his goal on Sunday.

...WentToMowAnSPL
10-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Don't think there is anything here at all folks. Much ado about nothing. Caldwell is the better option. Can't wait for his goal on Sunday.

I agree now is the Sunday of their discontent .....

SMAXXA
10-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Scannell was also playing upfront and he is a very talented player, might it have been him?

(Not saying Novak isn't a good player by the way :greengrin)

He was class :agree:, emailed my boss today whos a Town fan and he said he would do alright up here but he said 'ahh hes alright, will score a few goals but hes no Leigh Griffiths'