PDA

View Full Version : Derby in Birmingham.

jarre1875
10-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Hi. Gonna be in Birmingham on Sunday. Does anyone know of a pub showing the game anywhere the town centre. Cheers

persevere1875
10-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi. Gonna be in Birmingham on Sunday. Does anyone know of a pub showing the game anywhere the town centre. Cheers

There used to be a pub called the Hibernian, dont know if its still open, was on the pershore Rd, failing that the irish club near the Bull ring is bound to be showing it and a cracking pint of Guinness too :wink:

Brummie_Hibs
10-05-2013, 10:55 AM
The Hibernian closed a very long time ago.

The Dubliner down in Digbeth (near the Bullring) is the one that persevere1875 is talking about. It'll probably be on there - but you can guess the clientèle. There is also an Irish centre near by.

There are no pubs in the city centre that will show it - well not that I can think of, but then again I did leave Birmingham 8 years ago. However, there used to be a couple of sports bars up Broad Street.

persevere1875
10-05-2013, 10:58 AM
The Hibernian closed a very long time ago.

The Dubliner down in Digbeth (near the Bullring) is the one that persevere1875 is talking about. It'll probably be on there - but you can guess the clientèle. There is also an Irish centre near by.

There are no pubs in the city centre that will show it - well not that I can think of, but then again I did leave Birmingham 8 years ago. However, there used to be a couple of sports bars up Broad Street.

Bugger me (no dont) has it been closed that long, always used to drive past and think about having that pub just for the name alone

Brummie_Hibs
10-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Bugger me (no dont) has it been closed that long, always used to drive past and think about having that pub just for the name alone

I arrived in Birmingham in Jan 1998, and I believe it was closed even then. I used to stay in Selly Park which was close by to the pub.

However, a quick internet search shows that it may have reopened - but I very much doubt they would show the Hibs game there. I used to watch the games in The Prince of Wales in Moseley, as there was a couple of local Scots that would drink in there and the landlord would show Scottish football if it didn't clash with other stuff.