PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Cup Final General Sale

Pages : [1] 2 3

oramhibee
09-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Anyone know when tickets for the final go on general sale, or are they already?

TamHibs
09-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Apparently there aren't many tickets left just singles scattered around the West. North & South sold out. Not sure if this is true though.

Hermit Crab
09-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Apparently there aren't many tickets left just singles scattered around the West. North & South sold out. Not sure if this is true though.

E ticketing will only allow you to buy tickets in the west I think. Rest appear to be gone.

iwasthere1972
09-05-2013, 08:41 PM

I would guess that they will go on general sale sometime early next week. Season tickets holders have until 5pm this Saturday to collect theirs.

Good luck. :aok:

clerriehibs
09-05-2013, 08:53 PM

It's not true. Try & buy 20 in the west in online buying, (even tho ultimately, you get rejected because it's too much), and you'll get offered 20 seats next to each other.

Ringothedog
10-05-2013, 06:46 AM

There are still at least 4000 tickets left. We still have all of B1 and B2 to sell and at least half of B3 and B4. The General sale will probably start early next week

Since90+2
10-05-2013, 07:07 AM
I would guess that they will go on general sale sometime early next week. Season tickets holders have until 5pm this Saturday to collect theirs.

Collecting 4 today do I need the email confirmation to collect them or is ID all thats needed?

SteveHFC
10-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Collecting 4 today do I need the email confirmation to collect them or is ID all thats needed?
collect from hibs shop, just give name and address

EH6 Hibby
10-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Have Hibs actually said there will be a general sale? I'm sure I read there would be another ballot instead.

Leighonel
10-05-2013, 07:35 AM

Do you mean the priority window closes at 5pm tomorrow? Or the tickets which have been ordered must be collected by 5pm?

I did check the website but just want to make sure I havent missed anything

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Do you mean the priority window closes at 5pm tomorrow? Or the tickets which have been ordered must be collected by 5pm?

I did check the website but just want to make sure I havent missed anything

Priority window.

lyonhibs
10-05-2013, 12:20 PM

I can't help but thinking that had the PS already begun, there might have been the odd thread - or 20 - about it on here :greengrin

Next week should be fun. Just hope Hibs have the infrastructure in place to stop it descending into a farce.

Beefster
10-05-2013, 12:24 PM
I hope it's soon. One of my grannie's pals has offered to supply gourmet scotch eggs for the cup final picnic, if I can get her and her sisters tickets.

LancashireHibby
10-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Would think they will go on general sale on Monday, just hope they're available online as I need 12 tickets!

clerriehibs
10-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Would think they will go on general sale on Monday, just hope they're available online as I need 12 tickets!

IF a general sale happens, and it's on the same basis as last year .... you'll need 6 client refs for that, none of whom already have a ticket.

Hibby70
10-05-2013, 12:38 PM
I hope it's soon. One of my grannie's pals has offered to supply gourmet scotch eggs for the cup final picnic, if I can get her and her sisters tickets.
Hope I'm not sitting next to you. Be like getting interviewed by Alan Partridge.

Hermit Crab
10-05-2013, 12:40 PM

Not asking for much then.......

Hermit Crab
10-05-2013, 12:40 PM
IF a general sale happens, and it's on the same basis as last year .... you'll need 6 client refs for that, none of whom already have a ticket.

Agree.

Brooster
10-05-2013, 12:46 PM
I hope Hibs do some sort of deal whereby you have to buy a ticket for the Dundee game to be in with a chance of getting a cup final ticket. At least that way the club would make some money out of the day trippers.

Moulin Yarns
10-05-2013, 12:49 PM
I hope Hibs do some sort of deal whereby you have to buy a ticket for the Dundee game to be in with a chance of getting a cup final ticket. At least that way the club would make some money out of the day trippers.

As an out of town fan, I'd be happy with that, thinking of heading to the shop anyway.

.Sean.
10-05-2013, 12:54 PM

Same day trippers that couldn't be arsed with the Aberdeen or St Mirren games?

**** the part-timers mate, they've already had 2 chances.

MacBean
10-05-2013, 12:56 PM

It's better than just a free for all where said part-timers can just purchase a ticket for the game. Better that they pay for a home game first :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2013, 12:57 PM

Uberest of ubers!

Cabbage East
10-05-2013, 01:06 PM
We should have had a loyalty system in place anyway to stop glory hunters getting tickets ahead of the folk who go reguarly but for whatever reason don't have season tickets. But that's a different argument altogether...

.Sean.
10-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Uberest of ubers!
It's nothing to do with 'uber fan' nonsense.

It's simple, if you can't be arsed going to Easter road you don't deserve a cup final ticket. Can you really argue with that?

lyonhibs
10-05-2013, 01:13 PM

:faf::faf:

You crack me up. Who do you think a lot of ST "+1" tickets have gone to? By definition, not other ST holders.

And as, I assume, anyone - regardless of their reasons for not having one - who does not have a ST is a part timer, that means there are already a fair few thousand "part timers" attending the Cup final, myself included.

Would it be better if we just take the 8-9,000 st holders to Hampden and gave the other 40,000 to the Smellies.

After all, they have around about that many ST holders, if not more.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2013, 01:17 PM

It's simple, if you can't be arsed going to Easter road you don't deserve a cup final ticket. Can you really argue with that?

I'm not arguing with it. You go to all the games, you make that patently obvious on here, I used to go week in week out too, I just didnae feel the need to constantly dig at folk that didnae. Maybe social media is to blame.

.Sean.
10-05-2013, 01:23 PM

You crack me up. Who do you think a lot of ST "+1" tickets have gone to? By definition, not other ST holders.

And as, I assume, anyone - regardless of their reasons for not having one - who does not have a ST is a part timer, that means there are already a fair few thousand "part timers" attending the Cup final, myself included.

Would it be better if we just take the 8-9,000 st holders to Hampden and gave the other 40,000 to the Smellies.

Everyone I know who has given away a '+1' has given it to somebody who attends when they can. For instance, i've given mine to a mate who goes every weekend he's not working.

I'm no ****ing moaning about folk that cannae go because they're skint, no working, have bairns, other commitments etc. A part-timer's someone that can go but can't be arsed, we all know plenty of them. Have a word FFS.

persevere1875
10-05-2013, 01:26 PM

So Sean, what about those Hibs fans who live out of town or indeed out of the country, does there loyalty when they were in Edinburgh count for nothing ? does the mere fact that they had to move away for whatever reason make them any less loyal than those who can still attend every week, dont you ever consider that if some of them still lived in Leith that they'd still be there every week and the fact that they dont doesnt stop them spreading the gospel of Hibs at every given opportunity ?

Beefster
I'm not arguing with it. You go to all the games, you make that patently obvious on here, I used to go week in week out too, I just didnae feel the need to constantly dig at folk that didnae. Maybe social media is to blame.

Rather than social media, I think it's more about the amount of folk who exercise their right to not attend games regularly but think that they're absolutely entitled to a cup final ticket that rubs some folk up the wrong way.

squire

You might not be able to see me from your high horse but not every walk up who went to the Aberdeen & St Mirren games were lucky enough to be drawn in the ballot. I hope you have the intelligence to understand that.

We'll just forget about a public sale then Sean?

.Sean.
10-05-2013, 01:27 PM
So Sean, what about those Hibs fans who live out of town or indeed out of the country, does there loyalty when they were in Edinburgh count for nothing ? does the mere fact that they had to move away for whatever reason make them any less loyal than those who can still attend every week, dont you ever consider that if some of them still lived in Leith that they'd still be there every week and the fact that they dont doesnt stop them spreading the gospel of Hibs at every given opportunity ?
'CAN'T BE ARSED' I said.

Where did I mention overseas fans? I applaud anyone coming back for the final. Indeed my pals old man is coming over from Chicago.

Do some of you struggle with reading or something?

Pete
10-05-2013, 01:30 PM
I trust a ST holder with a +1 more than I would a walk-up who gets one in the general sale.

The bizarre thing is that you don't get this privilege if you are a current ST. You don't get it if you have bought one for next year. You have to have committed twice to be allowed a spare that doesn't need a client ref.

If you get lucky in the general sale however, you are automatically entitled to two, one of which you can do what you wish with??

It should be one per client ref in the sale. Watch this space as that might happen.

higgy0418
10-05-2013, 01:31 PM
We should have had a loyalty system in place anyway to stop glory hunters getting tickets ahead of the folk who go regularly but for whatever reason don't have season tickets. But that's a different argument altogether...
its an argument that should be made. i might not have a season ticket but i would have plenty of loyalty points if they existed. instead im going to be queuing from early morning on the first day of general sale

JimBHibees
10-05-2013, 01:32 PM

I am pretty sure that he isnt considering people like yourself in that bracket as obviously there are more important things than football. Would imagine he is more thinking about people locally based who have taken a conscious choice not to attend games yet feel they should get an entitlement to a ticket for the big games. Maybe if some of these people (we had 18k at the semi) attended more regularly then these big games would come around more often

SunshineOnLeith
10-05-2013, 01:38 PM
'CAN'T BE ARSED' I said.

Where did I mention overseas fans? I applaud anyone coming back for the final. Indeed my pals old man is coming over from Chicago.

Do some of you struggle with reading or something?

What about the walk up fans who go every week? Nah, **** them, leave more tickets for Sean's specially selected 'worthy fans'.

I think Hibs should just have given you all the tickets to distribute as you seem fit, in your ambassadorial role as Uberest of the Ubers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Rather than social media, I think it's more about the amount of folk who exercise their right to not attend games regularly but think that they're absolutely entitled to a cup final ticket that rubs some folk up the wrong way.

Anybody in that position that feels they are entitled to a ticket is obviously wrong.

I'm not entitled to one at the moment, of that I'm fully aware.

Anybody got a spare? ;-)

.Sean.
10-05-2013, 01:40 PM
What about the walk up fans who go every week? Nah, **** them, leave more tickets for Sean's specially selected 'worthy fans'.

I think Hibs should just have given you all the tickets to distribute as you seem fit, in your ambassadorial role as Uberest of the Ubers.

:hilarious

You another one that just reads one or two posts and dives straight for the keyboard aye?

If you're a walk-up fan that goes every week then you obviously can be arsed, so **** knows what point you're trying to argue with me.

Speedy
10-05-2013, 01:42 PM
I am pretty sure that he isnt considering people like yourself in that bracket as obviously there are more important things than football. Would imagine he is more thinking about people locally based who have taken a conscious choice not to attend games yet feel they should get an entitlement to a ticket for the big games. Maybe if some of these people (we had 18k at the semi) attended more regularly then these big games would come around more often

To be fair though, if you go every week it's not that same unique enjoyable experience as when you turn up once a year for the final.

It's a bit like when you wear your jacket inside, you don't get the same benefit when you eventually go outside.

Of course I'm taking the piss, but I don't understand why ST holders who have a ticket for the final would spend all their time whinging rather than looking forward to final. GGTTH!

jonny
10-05-2013, 01:45 PM
its an argument that should be made. i might not have a season ticket but i would have plenty of loyalty points if they existed. instead im going to be queuing from early morning on the first day of general sale

I'd imagine that it'll be the same as last year - all done on the phone and internet.

SunshineOnLeith
10-05-2013, 01:47 PM
:hilarious

You another one that just reads one or two posts and dives straight for the keyboard aye?

If you're a walk-up fan that goes every week then you obviously can be arsed, so **** knows what point you're trying to argue with me.

So on what basis do you object to another ballot being held then?

JimBHibees
10-05-2013, 01:48 PM
To be fair though, if you go every week it's not that same unique enjoyable experience as when you turn up once a year for the final.

It's a bit like when you wear your jacket inside, you don't get the same benefit when you eventually go outside.

Of course I'm taking the piss, but I don't understand why ST holders who have a ticket for the final would spend all their time whinging rather than looking forward to final. GGTTH!

Like the last final we were in. :greengrin Was unique right enough.

.Sean.
10-05-2013, 01:51 PM
So on what basis do you object to another ballot being held then?
There's already been 2 ballots and these games where hardly better attended where they? So why should folk that couldn't be bothered going along and being in with the chance of winning CF tickets be given another shot?

SunshineOnLeith
10-05-2013, 01:56 PM
There's already been 2 ballots and these games where hardly better attended where they? So why should folk that couldn't be bothered going along and being in with the chance of winning CF tickets be given another shot?

What difference does it make? They've got the same chance in a public sale, along with all the people who've been to one game in their life, and any Celtic fans, who are on the database.

The ballots weren't to win a cup final ticket. They were to win the right to buy a cup final ticket.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2013, 01:57 PM
The title of the thread is "Cup Final General Sale" which could just as easily say "Cup Final Part Timers Ticket Sale", so, posting **** the part-timers maybe wasnae the way forward. Anyway, back to the op, when does the General Sale commence?

DaveF
10-05-2013, 02:02 PM
I'm no ****ing moaning about folk that cannae go because they're skint, no working, have bairns, other commitments etc. A part-timer's someone that can go but can't be arsed, we all know plenty of them. Have a word FFS.

To be honest Sean, the bits highlighted above will cover a large number of those fans you are slating. I'm certainly in 2 of those categories nowadays :greengrin

I can understand your frustrations, but cup finals bring out this this problem in every club.

Gmack7
10-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Will a season ticket holder who already has a ticket be able to buy another 1 when they go on sale

clerriehibs
10-05-2013, 02:09 PM

Certainly not all, but a high percentage of fans who "have had to move away" will have done so through choice, and will generally have done so for personal betterment. In those cases, buying 2x£75 kicks for kids isn't an awful lot, contributes to Hibs, makes a less well off Hibs kid a wee bit happier, and sorts out the problem of how to ensure a ticket for the big games.

clerriehibs
10-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Will a season ticket holder who already has a ticket be able to buy another 1 when they go on sale

Couldn't last year.

LancashireHibby
10-05-2013, 02:15 PM
No problem, I've got client references for 9 of us with the other 3 being my mate's family.

Not asking for much then.......
Don't have much of a choice! Will just be happy to get tickets personally (last year I had a membership so didn't have a problem) and just get odd groups of us sat together rather than all 12. I consider it a Hibs victory to manage to get half a dozen Leigh lads to have such an active Hibs interest!

HFC93
10-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Another tedious discussion on 'part-timers'. Move on.

TrinityHibs
10-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Just been told there are no seats in the north and limited availability in the west (100). How can this be

Moulin Yarns
10-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Just been told there are no seats in the north and limited availability in the west (100). How can this be

Leigh needed so many tickets for his family :greengrin

andrew70
10-05-2013, 02:42 PM

It can't be, coz it ain't true. The North is sold out. The South has limited availability but the West has about 4k left. We may also receive more in the South depending on Debenture uptake.

DaveF
10-05-2013, 02:45 PM

I don't believe that to be true unless the definition of 'limited' has been given some licence.

We got 22,000.

All ST holders take 2, then that's around 16,000.

Say 1,000 for others (kicks for kids, Hibernians and such like)

2,000 for corporate guests, players, hangers on.

That still leaves 3000 ish for general sale.

Of course, my figures could be a load of pish :agree:

Hermit Crab

Who by?

lyonhibs
Everyone I know who has given away a '+1' has given it to somebody who attends when they can. For instance, i've given mine to a mate who goes every weekend he's not working.

I see. Might have served you well to specify what a "part-timer" was in your mind then, 1st time around. Sometimes it comes across as if some folk think it's just anyone that goes less often than them, regardless of circumstances.

Yes, if folk live nearby, have the money and time yet still don't attend ER as often as they can, then they should be at the bottom of the bottom of the pile for big games.

Sadly, Hibs total lack of any sort of loyalty scheme or system more imaginative than "ST" or "Half ST" ("Kicks for Kids" and "The Hibernians" should be much better publicised IMO) mean that for any general sale, Auntie Ethel who goes once every 5 years has as much chance as someone who is a frequent walk-up throughout the season but can't justify a ST and isn't a "+1" for a ST holder, which is the only reason I'm not joining the mad scramble if one should occur.

Phil MaGlass
10-05-2013, 02:47 PM
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH, ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THREADS.
EVERY AND I MEAN EVERY ****ING YEAR ITS THE SAME. CAN WE JUST NOT MERGE THIS WITH THE OTHER 20 OR SO THREADS ON THIS SUBJECT.:agree:

Speedy
10-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Like the last final we were in. :greengrin Was unique right enough.

I certainly hope so.

Beefster
10-05-2013, 02:49 PM
I see. Might have served you well to specify what a "part-timer" was in your mind then, 1st time around. Sometimes it comes across as if some folk think it's just anyone that goes less often than them, regardless of circumstances.

Yes, if folk live nearby, have the money and time yet still don't attend ER as often as they can, then they should be at the bottom of the bottom of the pile for big games.

Sadly, Hibs total lack of any sort of loyalty scheme or system more imaginative than "ST" or "Half ST" ("Kicks for Kids" and "The Hibernians" should be much better publicised IMO) mean that for any general sale, Auntie Ethel who goes once every 5 years has as much chance as someone who is a frequent walk-up throughout the season but can't justify a ST and isn't a "+1" for a ST holder, which is the only reason I'm not joining the mad scramble if one should occur.

A loyalty scheme may lead to a drop in ST sales which may explain the club's reluctance. I buy a ST despite missing around 6 games a season - I'd be tempted to just PATG if I was getting credit for it, seeing as I'd be guaranteed a cup final ticket.

For the number of times it would be needed (the last two years have been an anomaly), a loyalty scheme just might not be worth the expense and effort either.

lucky
10-05-2013, 02:54 PM

100% correct. I'm sick of fellow ST holders having a go at other Hibs fans because they are not ST holders. FFS if we don't have walk up fans/ causal attenders/ day trippers we would be taking 8000 to the final. time for uber fans to give it a rest.

clerriehibs
10-05-2013, 02:55 PM

Yesterday, you were planning to ...

Yes, there should be a loyalty scheme (and which is a bit more clever than spent £xyz).

Yes, current schemes such as Kicks for Kids should be better publicised.

No, I don't see why living nearby but choosing not to go to ER as often as possible puts someone in a "lesser supporter" category ("bottom of the bottom of the pile") than, for example, choosing to live far away and not going to ER as often as possible.

TrinityHibs
10-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Who by?

The ticket office. I have 3 in the North and wanted a 4th. She said there were none in the north and only limited availabilty 100 in the west. She said nothing about the south.

WHUHibs
10-05-2013, 03:02 PM
A loyalty scheme may lead to a drop in ST sales which may explain the club's reluctance. I buy a ST despite missing around 6 games a season - I'd be tempted to just PATG if I was getting credit for it, seeing as I'd be guaranteed a cup final ticket.

For the number of times it would be needed (the last two years have been an anomaly), a loyalty scheme just might not be worth the expense and effort either.

I buy 2 season tickets and its a lottery to ones I can attend as my boy plays Saturday and that means midweek, Friday or Sunday only unless his games cancelled. It's a big investment but its one I do,,no way around it!

Loyalty points are a good idea which can be set aside for those who cannot afford or choose not to buy season tickets and they should /could get priority if the club had an IT system that could do that. At present they haven't but I'm sure it's on a list of things to do as Hibs develop. A radical idea would be to have a membership system similar to Norwich where being a member entitles you to a seat at games..I'm sure the club want to get an income generator that becomes institutionalised in hibs make up and protect future revenue!

TrinityHibs
10-05-2013, 03:06 PM
It can't be, coz it ain't true. The North is sold out. The South has limited availability but the West has about 4k left. We may also receive more in the South depending on Debenture uptake.

Who told you there was 4K in the west? I accept the debenture lottery point but why would Hibs say there are only 100 tickets left if there are 4000?

HFC 0-7
10-05-2013, 03:07 PM

You mention in an earlier post that these people had their chance for the ballots in previous matches. What if they couldnt attend because they were working? We dont have enough 'non part timers' to sell our allocation out! Our average attendance is 10,500!!!

Having another ballot gives the 'part timers' a chance to get their tickets at the same time as boosting numbers for the Dundee games which is only good for Hibs.

re the part in bold, sweeping assumption then in an earlier post that anyone looking to get a ticket should a ballot be on offer isnt part of the group in bold and is instead someone that cant be arsed!

Part timers or not, folk that cant be arsed etc etc, hibs need them to sell out our allocation.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2013, 03:18 PM
If it wasn't for the glory holders who buy a cup final ticket then there's no way that we would ever sell out our allocation. That goes for most clubs outwith Man U, Arsenal, Celtic and Rangers etc.

Get over it.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2013, 03:24 PM
You mention in an earlier post that these people had their chance for the ballots in previous matches. What if they couldnt attend because they were working? We dont have enough 'non part timers' to sell our allocation out! Our average attendance is 10,500!!!

Having another ballot gives the 'part timers' a chance to get their tickets at the same time as boosting numbers for the Dundee games which is only good for Hibs.

re the part in bold, sweeping assumption then in an earlier post that anyone looking to get a ticket should a ballot be on offer isnt part of the group in bold and is instead someone that cant be arsed!

Part timers or not, folk that cant be arsed etc etc, hibs need them to sell out our allocation.

:agree:
Maybe we should just have taken 10k and given the rest to Celtic, that would have kept the part timers away from Hampden and made some folk a little happier. :rolleyes:

Scottie
10-05-2013, 03:29 PM
100% correct. I'm sick of fellow ST holders having a go at other Hibs fans because they are not ST holders. FFS if we don't have walk up fans/ causal attenders/ day trippers we would be taking 8000 to the final. time for uber fans to give it a rest.

As a fellow ST holder your Spot on Lucky.

Not everyone is in the position to purchase a ST due to different reasons (every situation is personal) we have left our plus 1's for the public sale because we know how desperate fellow fans are to see us lift the cup at last.

I for one want as many Hibees as possible at the final regardless of who or what or where you come from.

Time to UNITE as 1 and get right behind the lads :flag::flag::flag:

IanM
10-05-2013, 03:32 PM
what i reckon Hibs should do is go old school.. never mind this interweb or phoning for a ticket..

Hibs should anounce when the remaining tickets go on sale and the first 4000 (or how many tickets are left) will be first come first served. open to ST, uber fans and part timers

i remember in the days the queue used to strecth for milleeeeeeeeeeesss..

good monday morning sing song, bacon roll, flask with tea and a 4 hour wait

Hibs could even give a ticket to the best dressed hibs fan and pluck 10 fans from the queue for a penalty shoot out , winner gets a pair of tickets..

I'd like to add, I don't work in marketing

:taxi

Bobby's Cinema
10-05-2013, 03:32 PM

I think most reasonable people would agree. It's just the occasional dafty that causes these rifts

andrew70
10-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Who told you there was 4K in the west? I accept the debenture lottery point but why would Hibs say there are only 100 tickets left if there are 4000?

That figure was told me yesterday by a club official. I think the girl may have got mixed up between the west and the south.

Its virtually impossible, barring remarkable season ticket sales, for us to be able to sell out + 21k tickets before a public sale!

lyonhibs
10-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Yesterday, you were planning to ...

Yes, there should be a loyalty scheme (and which is a bit more clever than spent £xyz).

Yes, current schemes such as Kicks for Kids should be better publicised.

No, I don't see why living nearby but choosing not to go to ER as often as possible puts someone in a "lesser supporter" category ("bottom of the bottom of the pile") than, for example, choosing to live far away and not going to ER as often as possible.

This is true. I meant I won't be frantically scrambling for me, I'll be trying my damnedest to waste time at work to get online and buy a couple for the many people who will miss out due to bad luck, ****ty i-net connection and so on and so on.

I'm not overly sure what your last sentence is getting at. Anyone that claims to have feeling for Hibs and has time, money and location in their favour should get along to ER as often as possible, no? Irrespective of cup final ballots or anything else.

oramhibee
10-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Wow, so I ask a question and get three pages of people arguing with each other! :confused:

Cheers to the folk who actually answered my question.

Iwasthere1972, I've already got my ticket, was just wondering about the general sale for anyone who didn't have one yet.

Baldy Foghorn
10-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Wow, so I ask a question and get three pages of people arguing with each other! :confused:

Iwasthere1972, I've already got my ticket, was just wondering about the general sale for anyone who didn't have one yet.

Bet you wish you hadn't asked:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
10-05-2013, 04:33 PM
My own thoughts regarding sale date, is the priority window closes on Saturday at 5pm. By the time the Staff assess what is left, I think a sale would commence on the Wednesday/Thursday of next week, and whether they do another ballot for Dundee match, remains to be seen.

JeMeSouviens
10-05-2013, 04:33 PM
This is true. I meant I won't be frantically scrambling for me, I'll be trying my damnedest to waste time at work to get online and buy a couple for the many people who will miss out due to bad luck, ****ty i-net connection and so on and so on.

I'm not overly sure what your last sentence is getting at. Anyone that claims to have feeling for Hibs and has time, money and location in their favour should get along to ER as often as possible, no? Irrespective of cup final ballots or anything else.

What about the ones who'll miss out because someone who already has a ticket is buying ones he doesn't need for folk who'll miss out? :rolleyes:

NOLA
10-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Has the loyalty card system been brought up at the last AGMs? What is the drawbacks to having it in place?

NOLA
10-05-2013, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=oramhibee;3594531]Wow, so I ask a question and get three pages of people arguing with each other! :confused:

Welcome to hibs.net ;)

hibeenicol
10-05-2013, 05:32 PM

I was allowed to buy extra last year even though I'd used my season ticket to buy my first lot

At The Edge
10-05-2013, 06:05 PM
what i reckon Hibs should do is go old school.. never mind this interweb or phoning for a ticket..

Hibs should anounce when the remaining tickets go on sale and the first 4000 (or how many tickets are left) will be first come first served. open to ST, uber fans and part timers

Hibs could even give a ticket to the best dressed hibs fan and pluck 10 fans from the queue for a penalty shoot out , winner gets a pair of tickets..

Reminds me of queuing for gig tickets at the Playhouse when the playhouse was the place to play for touring bands, :thumbsup:

HibeeHendo
10-05-2013, 06:41 PM
I can't get a season ticket any more because unfortunately I work Saturdays. I've been to every game on a Sunday and every time I've had a rare Saturday off on holiday I've gone to the game.

I totally agree that season ticket holders should get priority over everyone else, I just wish there was some other method put in place for people who have been to quite a few games this season and supported the club financially whenever possible. Maybe something like loyalty points etc.

It annoys me when season ticket holders are calling people like me a 'part time' supporter when it can't be helped due to work, especially when I've been a season ticket holder in previous years when work wasn't an issue.

lord bunberry
10-05-2013, 06:46 PM
I can't get a season ticket any more because unfortunately I work Saturdays. I've been to every game on a Sunday and every time I've had a rare Saturday off on holiday I've gone to the game.

I totally agree that season ticket holders should get priority over everyone else, I just wish there was some other method put in place for people who have been to quite a few games this season and supported the club financially whenever possible. Maybe something like loyalty points etc.

It annoys me when season ticket holders are calling people like me a 'part time' supporter when it can't be helped due to work, especially when I've been a season ticket holder in previous years when work wasn't an issue.

I don't think anyone is calling people like you part time supporters it was more directed to people who have the opportunity to go but decide to do something else

lyonhibs
10-05-2013, 08:58 PM
What about the ones who'll miss out because someone who already has a ticket is buying ones he doesn't need for folk who'll miss out? :rolleyes:

Good question. You'll have to ask the 2 people who failed - despite their best efforts - to get a ticket last year that I passed on tickets too.

Me buying 2 tickets that I "don't need" - which may not even happen this year I hasten to add - will hardly be the single decisive factor in someone else missing out. There are about 100 variables that come into play before what I do when I ought to be working makes a real difference.

clerriehibs
10-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Good question. You'll have to ask the 2 people who failed - despite their best efforts - to get a ticket last year that I passed on tickets too.

Me buying 2 tickets that I "don't need" - which may not even happen this year I hasten to add - will hardly be the single decisive factor in someone else missing out. There are about 100 variables that come into play before what I do when I ought to be working makes a real difference.

Eh, no. Cumulative effect.
No-one votes labour because of their principles, and then gets p!ssed off if they get into office because they don't really like them after all.
Or maybe they do; I voted lib-dem last time round ... boy, was I angry when they jumped into bed with the tories.

clerriehibs
10-05-2013, 09:33 PM
I was allowed to buy extra last year even though I'd used my season ticket to buy my first lot

I definitely wasn't allowed to via on-line.

clerriehibs
10-05-2013, 09:37 PM

No; location is irrelevant. All things being the same, a further qualification of choosing to live away doesn't make you any more or less deserving of priority.

monktonharp
10-05-2013, 09:48 PM
I was allowed to buy extra last year even though I'd used my season ticket to buy my first lot you have a PM,nowt to do with final tickets btw:wink:

DH1875
11-05-2013, 02:23 AM
I don't believe that to be true unless the definition of 'limited' has been given some licence.

We got 22,000.

All ST holders take 2, then that's around 16,000.

Say 1,000 for others (kicks for kids, Hibernians and such like)

2,000 for corporate guests, players, hangers on.

That still leaves 3000 ish for general sale.

Of course, my figures could be a load of pish :agree:

Not saying there a load of pish but I thought we only got 20k not 22k. If that's the case then there's only around 1k for the public sale not 3k. Quite a difference if your needing a ticket.

Has the loyalty card system been brought up at the last AGMs? What is the drawbacks to having it in place?

Biggest drawback would be that people will tend to buy the £30 membership and pick and chose their games instead of forking out on season tickets.

marinello59
11-05-2013, 04:02 AM
Playing devils advocate here.
1.It would cost money to run in the form of new software/staff costs.
2. Setting the point at which loyalty is rewarded so as not to affect ST sales may mean that the amount of people qualifying in the first priority band may be minimal. ( Say for instance that 75% attendance was deemed enough to guarantee tickets for any finals etc. Why would keep paying for a whole season up front?)
3. Given our attendances this season just how many fans would actually benefit? I know there will be plenty of individuals here who will say that they PATG for every game but the figures would suggest otherwise. Anybody going to that many games would surely have opted for the instalment plan anyway?
4. Apart from cup finals when is there ever a risk of anybody who wants a ticket for a match not getting one?

Sweet Left Peg
11-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Hope I'm not sitting next to you. Be like getting interviewed by Alan Partridge.

Can anyone smell gas?

Onion
11-05-2013, 07:30 AM
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH, ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THREADS.
EVERY AND I MEAN EVERY ****ING YEAR ITS THE SAME. CAN WE JUST NOT MERGE THIS WITH THE OTHER 20 OR SO THREADS ON THIS SUBJECT.:agree:

Nope. Now a vital part of the tradition of Hibs making SCF. So the more the merrier. This is nothing compared to the problems they had in 1902!

McHibby
12-05-2013, 07:51 AM

I mind queing for (I think) CIS cup tickets, but I was so hungover I could barely stand. In the end I had to beg my boyfriend to come and stand in my place for me so I could quietly suffer at home.

Drinking-tequilla-shots-when-you're-already-wasted folk ken whits going on.

My tuppence worth is if Hibs didn't do a general sale then I wouldn't be able to go. I live in England now and still manage about 7/8 games a season. But as mentioned before there's no loyalty scheme so ST priority then general sale is probably the best way. I came up for Hearts cup match, QF, SF (and stayed!!) and am desparate for a ticket. However if I dinnae get one I shall still be coming North of Border to watch it in the Harp and hopefully be part of the biggest party Leith has ever seen :D There's no' need for any of us to be arguing among ourselves.

NOLA
12-05-2013, 08:30 AM
2. Setting the point at which loyalty is rewarded so as not to affect ST sales may mean that the amount of people qualifying in the first priority band may be minimal. ( Say for instance that 75% attendance was deemed enough to guarantee tickets for any finals etc. Why would keep paying for a whole season up front?)
3. Given our attendances this season just how many fans would actually benefit? I know there will be plenty of individuals here who will say that they PATG for every game but the figures would suggest otherwise. Anybody going to that many games would surely have opted for the instalment plan anyway?
4. Apart from cup finals when is there ever a risk of anybody who wants a ticket for a match not getting one?

Cheers, I've always thought the loyalty system sounded good without actually knowing the ins and outs properly, ooh matron ;)

Bristolhibby
12-05-2013, 08:36 AM

Surely then just have the Membership scheme from last season? But hike the price to say £50. And toss in a couple of free games.

People can either choose, or not choose. Then if we make a third Cup Final in a row, there can be no complaints.

£50 and a couple of free games ain't going to put ST sales off.

J

Jones28
12-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Would a loyalty card be like a tesco club card or something? As in every time you make a purchase from Hibs (in the shop, tickets, season tickets, pies at half time) you get points which entitle you to tickets for games like this?

MassHibsteria
12-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Would a loyalty card be like a tesco club card or something? As in every time you make a purchase from Hibs (in the shop, tickets, season tickets, pies at half time) you get points which entitle you to tickets for games like this?

Tesco clubcard is actually a really good example of a loyalty system for a whole bunch of reasons.

Tesco were one of the first companies to make the maximum use of 'big data' to the extent that they can pretty much work out how many arse wipes occur within a given postcode area, or even house for that matter. Multiply that by every other product they sell, and it's a huge earner on so many levels. The good? They give you something back for the privilege of knowing that. The bad? It's an invasion of privacy for very little reward.

In a football context, Hibs will know all about fans' ticket spending habits through the data they collect via Ticketmaster, so in that regard are the same as Tesco data wise. The difference is non-ST fans who spend lots of money on walk ups don't get any preference over the occasional fan. I call that missing a trick.

iwasthere1972
12-05-2013, 09:35 AM

What do pies make? Points.

Hard enough getting your change without confusing the kids with loyality cards. Too much multi tasking involved.

hibIBZ
13-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Just heard from my uncle that ticketmaster made a mistake and released tickets online this morning. Personnaly i couldnt find anything online and think he is talking tam kite, but was on my online account and it would let me buy any, saying members only. option for final tickets has now disappeared, ticketmaster up to their usual crap

RSS Bot
13-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Midday Tuesday 14 May

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130513/scottish-cup-final-general-sale_2262950_3177325)

Saorsa
13-05-2013, 12:32 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130513/scottish-cup-final-general-sale_2262950_3177325

PJ IronHIbee
13-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Just heard from my uncle that ticketmaster made a mistake and released tickets online this morning. Personnaly i couldnt find anything online and think he is talking tam kite, but was on my online account and it would let me buy any, saying members only. option for final tickets has now disappeared, ticketmaster up to their usual crap
General sale 12:00 tomorrow

Woody70x2
13-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Midday tomorrow... That's not enough notice!!!!

****... Might as well moan at that too!

hibIBZ
13-05-2013, 12:39 PM
just saw that, looking forward to the scramble

JimBHibees
13-05-2013, 12:40 PM
So only online and on the phone should be interesting.

hibsforeurope
13-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Is it only 2 ticket per purchase or could I buy 4 with 2 client refs? It's not that clear on official site.

Pete
13-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Why does one client ref number need two tickets?

hibIBZ
13-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Is it only 2 ticket per purchase or could I buy 4 with 2 client refs? It's not that clear on official site.

was wondering the same as it doesn't say. Heres hoping also not sure how to do that online having only ever bought for myself before

hibsforeurope
13-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Why does one client ref number need two tickets?

What I should have asked was: can more that 2 tickets be bought in the 1 transaction? I'm trying to buy for myself and friends, who all have their own client refs from attending games.

Pete
13-05-2013, 01:22 PM
What I should have asked was: can more that 2 tickets be bought in the 1 transaction? I'm trying to buy for myself and friends, who all have their own client refs from attending games.

It wasn't really a reply to your post, it was more a general observation.

If it was one per client ref then every ticket sold from Tuesday onwards would be traceable.

Edit: I suppose they are traceable anyway but now Joe bloggs has one for himself and one for ebay!

down-the-slope
13-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Tesco clubcard is actually a really good example of a loyalty system for a whole bunch of reasons.

Tesco were one of the first companies to make the maximum use of 'big data' to the extent that they can pretty much work out how many arse wipes occur within a given postcode area, or even house for that matter. Multiply that by every other product they sell, and it's a huge earner on so many levels. The good? They give you something back for the privilege of knowing that. The bad? It's an invasion of privacy for very little reward.

In a football context, Hibs will know all about fans' ticket spending habits through the data they collect via Ticketmaster, so in that regard are the same as Tesco data wise. The difference is non-ST fans who spend lots of money on walk ups don't get any preference over the occasional fan. I call that missing a trick.

Its not...its missing a fully joined up information management system

Bristolhibby
13-05-2013, 01:24 PM

Dont see why not, if you have your friends contained in your network then two client ref numbers will entitle you to 4 tickets.

Lets hope the system, doesent force you to register these people before purchase.

J

SteveHFC
13-05-2013, 01:40 PM
So i can buy two more tickets :jmcp:

Billy Whizz
13-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Surprised that they didn't do anything around Saturday's match, or they have only a put a limited amount on public sale, and more for Saturday's game?

madabouthibs
13-05-2013, 02:00 PM
They'll probably keep 100 or so back for a Dundee game ballot.

LancashireHibby
13-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Dont see why not, if you have your friends contained in your network then two client ref numbers will entitle you to 4 tickets.

Lets hope the system, doesent force you to register these people before purchase.

J
Would be well advised to register beforehand, I'd say. I'll be looking for 12 tickets but have got 9 of us already registered so all should be ok hopefully. Have stuck on a ton of reminders and post it notes around my desk at work to make sure I'm sat pressing refresh from 11.30 onwards :greengrin

hibIBZ
13-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Am i right in saying that last year people who had signed in online before they went on sale all got timed out when the tickets went online?

PerfectlyFranck
13-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Would be well advised to register beforehand, I'd say. I'll be looking for 12 tickets but have got 9 of us already registered so all should be ok hopefully. Have stuck on a ton of reminders and post it notes around my desk at work to make sure I'm sat pressing refresh from 11.30 onwards :greengrin

Have my season tickets' seats if you want!

According to some last year, they weren't entitled to anymore after their priority tickets.

It'd be daft and insane to prevent people purchasing again as ST holders - I think this was just ticketmaster employees being hopeless though.

down-the-slope
13-05-2013, 02:09 PM
They'll probably keep 100 or so back for a Dundee game ballot.

Some of those on sale (although much less than last year) will be debenture tickets not taken up...also last year a small number extra appeared very close to game (maybe sponsors / other SFA clubs returning)

Am i right in saying that last year people who had signed in online before they went on sale all got timed out when the tickets went online?

:agree: certainly a lot saying that happened to them at the time

Pete
13-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Hang on....

...so season ticket holders can purchase more even if they have already bought during the priority window?

down-the-slope
13-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Hang on....

...so season ticket holders can purchase more even if they have already bought during the priority window?

Yup ... same as last year...

1875Hibees
13-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Hang on....

Thats a joke TBH. It may stop many people who are wanting tickets getting them.

Stewboy
13-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Any ideas as to how many are left for this sale?

down-the-slope
13-05-2013, 03:09 PM

:confused: by that logic you getting a ticket will prevent someone else who wants a ticket getting one

Sean1875
13-05-2013, 03:09 PM

Completely ridiculous. In fact I hope all Hibernian supporters think long and hard about whether they want to continue to support this sort of regime. Maybe keep thinking about it till around 12:15 tomorrow? :cb

Waxy
13-05-2013, 03:13 PM
so season ticket holders can get another two tickets? is this right?
Sure this didnt happen last year.
Also why are they asking people to register on the database if they want tickets? I thought you had to buy tickets for a B cat match first?
If you can just register today for final tickets i can see alot of smeltic fans joining up.

1875Hibees
13-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Also why are they asking people to register on the database if they want tickets? I thought you had to buy tickets for a B cat match first?
If you can just register today for final tickets i can see alot of smeltic fans joining up.
Then a lot of Hibbies would do the same for the Celtic tickets.

MacBean
13-05-2013, 03:19 PM

And? if the ST holders want them, then they have as much of a right as any other punter.

down-the-slope
13-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Sure this didnt happen last year. It Did
Also why are they asking people to register on the database if they want tickets? Register for e-ticketing (for which you need to ALREADY be on database )I thought you had to buy tickets for a B cat match first?
If you can just register today for final tickets i can see alot of smeltic fans joining up. Different things...see above

See above

LancashireHibby
13-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Not sure Celtc's tickets will go on general sale in the same manner though. Must admit I'm a little surprised that they haven't been restricted to people with Cat B games only, or maybe they will be by the time they go on general sale?

Sean1875
13-05-2013, 03:28 PM

IIRC Celtic are selling them based on a loyalty point system with the number of away game matches attended being used to determine your priority. Assuming they will have enough season ticket holders to snap up their batch.

marinello59
13-05-2013, 03:28 PM

You can't just register to buy tickets, you have to be on the database already. If you are not on it already you ain't going to be sold a ticket.

marinello59
13-05-2013, 03:30 PM

That's those selfish evil season ticket holding *******s for you. They're killing this club. :grr:

down-the-slope
13-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Not sure Celtc's tickets will go on general sale in the same manner though. Must admit I'm a little surprised that they haven't been restricted to people with Cat B games only, or maybe they will be by the time they go on general sale?

Have .net users lost the power of comprehension ... so many questions asked that are needless :wink:

You must ALREADY be on database...but ALSO registered for e-ticketing (this takes time / needs you to input info / get activation password etc - so get it done NOW...not at 12.01pm Tuesday :rolleyes:)

All current or new Season Ticket Members
All supporters who are registered on the Hibernian ticketing database

Purchasing Online
To purchase online supporters must have an active registered account on e-ticketing. For those supporters who do not have an online account but would like to register please extract the digit and do it now

Andy74
13-05-2013, 03:32 PM
That's those selfish evil season ticket holding *******s for you. They're killing this club. :grr:

I'm going to get another couple just cos I can. I will leave them empty so it feels more like my usual seat.

LancashireHibby
13-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Have .net users lost the power of comprehension ... so many questions asked that are needless :wink:

You must ALREADY be on database...but ALSO registered for e-ticketing (this takes time / needs you to input info / get activation password etc - so get it done NOW...not at 12.01pm Tuesday :rolleyes:)

All current or new Season Ticket Members
All supporters who are registered on the Hibernian ticketing database

Purchasing Online
To purchase online supporters must have an active registered account on e-ticketing. For those supporters who do not have an online account but would like to register please extract the digit and do it now

Exactly, nothing there about having to have actually attended a previous game, and therefore nothing preventing Celtc fans registering and buying tickets :rolleyes:

Waxy
13-05-2013, 03:34 PM
You can't just register to buy tickets, you have to be on the database already. If you are not on it already you ain't going to be sold a ticket.i'm already on the database.I was only wondering why they are asking people to join the database when surely if you do it now it's too late to get final tickets.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm going too get another couple just cos I can. I will leave em empty so it feels more like my usual seat.

:faf::faf::top marks

down-the-slope
13-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Exactly, nothing there about having to have actually attended a previous game, and therefore nothing preventing Celtc fans registering and buying tickets :rolleyes:

:confused: are you fishing? how can you be on Database ALREADY if you have not been to a game

down-the-slope
13-05-2013, 03:40 PM
i'm already on the database.I was only wondering why they are asking people to join the database when surely if you do it now it's too late to get final tickets.

There are not asking you to join database...they are suggesting that you should register for e-ticketing if you ARE on database and want opportunity to try and buy tickets online (it may be hard to buy online....if you can't get online :rolleyes:)

LancashireHibby
13-05-2013, 03:40 PM
:confused: are you fishing? how can you be on Database ALREADY if you have not been to a game

You go straight on to E-Ticketing, click on Sign In/Register and then Create New Account. Hey presto, you're on the database.

Kenny1875
13-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Can't wait to buy a couple of extra tickets for eBay purposes.

down-the-slope
13-05-2013, 04:13 PM
You go straight on to E-Ticketing, click on Sign In/Register and then Create New Account. Hey presto, you're on the database.

either you did not complete full process / or there is a flaw that should not be there.

you can create new account BUT only for buying Cat B matches (final is Cat A which requires previous purchase / being Already on database)

If you have already used this service to register an account
You just need to enter the E-mail address and Password you registered with us. If you have forgotten your password, you can use the Forgot Password link to the left
If you are a Season Ticket Member and haven't activated your account to be used online
You will need your Client Ref which can be found on your Season Card, and then simply use the "Activate my Account" link to the left.
If you have purchased a ticket, Season Ticket or Membership with us in the last 2 years
And you have your client reference number, you will be able to use the "Activate my Account" button to activate your existing account. If you do not have your client reference number, please contact the Ticket Office on 0844 844 1875 Option 2 during office hours and they will be able help you
I have never purchased a ticket before
For Cat B games you will need to register an account with us. You can do this by clicking "Create Account" below
For Cat A games, it is not possible to purchase a ticket before you have bought and attended a Cat B home fixture, please contact the Ticket Office during office hours on 0844 844 1875 option 2

clerriehibs
13-05-2013, 04:26 PM

I was in the on-line shop, and got turfed out at the time of the start of the sale; my daughter was in the queue to get into the on-line shop, and didn't seem to lose her place.

hibs4thecup1988
13-05-2013, 04:29 PM

I'm sure you need a client I'd tho

Beefster
13-05-2013, 04:32 PM

That doesn't even make sense. Presumably, ST holders would be buying extra tickets for people who are wanting tickets.

clerriehibs
13-05-2013, 04:36 PM
That doesn't even make sense. Presumably, ST holders would be buying extra tickets for people who are wanting tickets.

There's a hard-core on here that think the shady ST holders will be out to buy what they can, and flog on to celtc supporters :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
13-05-2013, 04:46 PM
So does that mean as a st holder I could actually buy more tomorrow even though I have mine already?

LancashireHibby
13-05-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm sure you need a client I'd tho
Going through said process creates a client ID. Now whether Hibs apply restrictions so that only those with a previous booking history can buy (the game will say 'CT' if so) remains to be seen, but there's no mention of that.

Makes no difference to me as I've got plenty of booking history for those who are coming with me, but I've just spent the last month at work trying to ensure segregation at a cup final while using a Ticketmaster system so I know what to look out for and also the tricks that the Celtc fans will try a s pull!

JennaFletcher
13-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Sounds fine to me! Any overseas Hibs fans wanting a ticket that will struggle with this method?

lord bunberry
13-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Going through said process creates a client ID. Now whether Hibs apply restrictions so that only those with a previous booking history can buy (the game will say 'CT' if so) remains to be seen, but there's no mention of that.

Makes no difference to me as I've got plenty of booking history for those who are coming with me, but I've just spent the last month at work trying to ensure segregation at a cup final while using a Ticketmaster system so I know what to look out for and also the tricks that the Celtc fans will try a s pull!

Creating an online account doesn't get you on the database it only allows you to buy a cat b ticket online, once you have bought a cat b ticket you are then on the database

Baldy Foghorn
13-05-2013, 05:18 PM
So does that mean as a st holder I could actually buy more tomorrow even though I have mine already?

Correct

Hermit Crab
13-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Correct

Something not right there mate.

HibbyAl
13-05-2013, 05:26 PM

They wouldn't allow me to last year as they said I'd already bought 2.

Billy Whizz
13-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Something not right there mate.

Why not. Say I wanted to buy tickets for my 2 kids, but we can only get 2 in the priority period. Does this mean that I can't buy one for my 2nd kid?

down-the-slope
13-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Creating an online account doesn't get you on the database it only allows you to buy a cat b ticket online, once you have bought a cat b ticket you are then on the database

:agree:

That does not rule out Ticket Master being totally useless and someone 'pressing the wrong button' and letting mutants over the barricades though :wink:

Wotherspiniesta
13-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Can't wait to buy a couple of extra tickets for eBay purposes.

:tsk tsk:

LancashireHibby
13-05-2013, 06:38 PM

Trust me, creating an account puts you on the database.

Hibby70
13-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Does anyone know how many are left for the general sale.?

SwanseaHibs
13-05-2013, 06:52 PM

Correct. You must first, however, buy a ticket for a Category B game before being allowed to buy a Category A ticket.
not sure what the Cup Final is classed as. It is against a team deemed Cat A when at home.

Col2
13-05-2013, 07:15 PM

Yup 100% correctamoundo.

Billy Whizz
13-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Yup 100% correctamoundo.

And I think we have something like 60,000 on our database

Billychaotic182
13-05-2013, 07:27 PM
How do I find out my client ref number?

clerriehibs
13-05-2013, 07:39 PM

Any ticket you've bought in the past from the TO shows it.

Billy Whizz
13-05-2013, 07:41 PM

Call the TO in the morning

down-the-slope
13-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Call the TO in the morning you have your tongue in your cheek right :confused:

They will be bombarded with people turning up / people looking for tickets purchased / clients refs. etc...they are not a call centre - slim chance of getting through

Billy Whizz
13-05-2013, 07:49 PM
you have your tongue in your cheek right :confused:

They will be bombarded with people turning up / people looking for tickets purchased / clients refs. etc...they are not a call centre - slim chance of getting through
I was just trying to give a poster some friendly advice, how do you expect them to get it, if they don't have it?

Leithenhibby
13-05-2013, 07:58 PM
you have your tongue in your cheek right :confused:

I was just trying to give a poster some friendly advice, how do you expect them to get it, if they don't have it?

Am I not right in saying that when you sign in you have a number after your name in brackets!!........

SwanseaHibs
13-05-2013, 07:58 PM

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/default.aspx

Go here and put in your email address and password. You'll see your client ref on the top right of the page.

Billychaotic182
13-05-2013, 07:59 PM
I have about four tickets from games at the mrs flat. Will see if its on any off them thanks

down-the-slope
13-05-2013, 08:15 PM
I have about four tickets from games at the mrs flat. Will see if its on any off them thanks

the receipt stub (printed on what looks like a ticket) will have it on :aok:

DH1875
13-05-2013, 09:56 PM

So does anyone actually know how many we've got? Think I'll try for a few tomorrow. Don't get how anyone can complain about ST holders being able to buy extra tickets. If I get the extra tickets they'll be offered to family and friends, and why not? Are the non ST holders who get through tomorrow only going to buy one ticket? nah, their going to buy two and give one to their mate so sorry, my mate is entitled to a ticket just as much as the next person.

GreenCastle
14-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Don't forget to be ready for buying tickets today at noon!

Good luck everyone who hasn't got one yet !

Waxy
14-05-2013, 08:54 AM
But should we have the page set up ready to go before 12. OR set it up right on 12? It's the dilemma of the day.

JeMeSouviens
14-05-2013, 08:58 AM
But should we have the page set up ready to go before 12. OR set it up right on 12? It's the dilemma of the day.

Last year there were some reports of people already logged in being kicked off but people in the queue before the start time kept their places. So I would go for a 3 browser approach*.

1. log in now if you can get in, keep active
2. start about 11ish, with luck you should be getting near the front by 12
3. start very close to 12, hopefully just a fall back

*this year I bought STs to avoid the stress, so I'm off now to fondle the tickets ... :wink:

Moulin Yarns
14-05-2013, 09:14 AM

It appears when you log into e-ticketing

Moulin Yarns
14-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Last year there were some reports of people already logged in being kicked off but people in the queue before the start time kept their places. So I would go for a 3 browser approach*.

1. log in now if you can get in, keep active
2. start about 11ish, with luck you should be getting near the front by 12
3. start very close to 12, hopefully just a fall back

*this year I bought STs to avoid the stress, so I'm off now to fondle the tickets ... :wink:

What about us that have to be in meetings between 11 and 12 :confused:

GreenCastle
14-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Did people not have issues last year with the Internet browser they used?

I think Hibs will sell out these tickets then leave a final batch for fans who attend the Dundee game as a final chance to get ticket.

Liam89
14-05-2013, 09:22 AM
I'd suggest for people to avoid using google chrome as I remember last year I and many others made it to the final hurdle and it didn't let us click to buy the tickets.

Hibby Gav
14-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Did people not have issues last year with the Internet browser they used?

I think Hibs will sell out these tickets then leave a final batch for fans who attend the Dundee game as a final chance to get ticket.

Surely if enough people turn up in the public sale they have to sell them ?...they haven't (as far as I am aware) put a out number that is available today, just that there is a public sale. If people were turned away and then there was a ballot without knowing that in advance it would be a bit naughty...but then it's our Rod isn't it :-)

Broken Gnome
14-05-2013, 09:35 AM
I assume the collection period for priority tickets runs right up to next weekend?

Waxy
14-05-2013, 09:43 AM
I assume the collection period for priority tickets runs right up to next weekend?No.any tickets not picked up are put into the public sale today.money refunded

Hermit Crab
14-05-2013, 09:43 AM
What about us that have to be in meetings between 11 and 12 :confused:

Nae luck eh

Saorsa
14-05-2013, 09:47 AM
No.any tickets not picked up are put into the public sale today.money refundedwhere did you get that from?

Waxy
14-05-2013, 09:49 AM
where did you get that from?My box of bad jokes.

Saorsa
14-05-2013, 09:50 AM
My box of bad jokes.maybe should have left it there :wink:

HH81
14-05-2013, 09:52 AM
My box of bad jokes.

:greengrin It made me laugh :aok:

Waxy
14-05-2013, 09:53 AM
maybe should have left it there :wink:Yes.I should have.

Saorsa
14-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Yes.I should have.Better still, get a new box label it absolutely ***** jokes and make that the first one in it. :aok:

kentao
14-05-2013, 09:58 AM
When you log into your ticketmaster account does the cup final tickets appear for sale at this moment in time. All i am getting is options to buy the dundee tickets but last week i had the option to buy the Hearts , Dundee and cup final tickets.

Strange

Saorsa
14-05-2013, 09:58 AM
:greengrin It made me laugh :aok:easily amused :wink: must be all the pop. :agree:

Sean1875
14-05-2013, 10:00 AM
When you log into your ticketmaster account does the cup final tickets appear for sale at this moment in time. All i am getting is options to buy the dundee tickets but last week i had the option to buy the Hearts , Dundee and cup final tickets.

Strange

Not appearing fom me. Theyll probably stick it back on at 12 at the same time as they turf all of us out of the system :greengrin

mmmmhibby
14-05-2013, 10:01 AM

Strange

log in about 11.59am and at bang on noon i'd expect the tickets for the cup final to appear.

Green Man
14-05-2013, 10:01 AM

Strange

Last week, final tickets were available to ST holders so they were shown as available to buy for members. They're not showing just now as no-one can currently buy them.

Hovehibby
14-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Is everyone ready to start pressing F5 repeatedly???

kentao
14-05-2013, 10:04 AM
That`s perfect guys thanks. Thought i was going mad as i was positive i seen them last week. Good luck to everyone and hopefully theirs enough to go around.

GGTTH

Broken Gnome
14-05-2013, 10:05 AM
My box of bad jokes.

I knew you were lying.

I still **** myself and phoned.

Waxy
14-05-2013, 10:09 AM
I knew you were lying.

I still **** myself and phoned.oops sorry.I'm a bad man haha

Broken Gnome
14-05-2013, 10:13 AM
oops sorry.I'm a bad man haha

Git :greengrin

Waxy
14-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Git :greengrinAt least you have a ticket.i'm jumping onto scrambleheap at 12.

hibIBZ
14-05-2013, 10:16 AM
signing in to online account first time still. by this time last year was already a huge que, seems their is not as much panic at the moment

Gatecrasher
14-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Is everyone ready to start pressing F5 repeatedly???

worst tactic ever.

Good luck to everyone looking for tickets

Waxy
14-05-2013, 10:21 AM
I've been timed out once already :dummytit:

Waxy
14-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Anyone bored till 12? aerobics oz style is on SS3

Hermit Crab
14-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Everyone who's online will get kicked off just before 12 to make it fair for everyone. ;)

Green Man
14-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Everyone who's online will get kicked off just before 12 to make it fair for everyone. ;)

I fully expect this. I've been getting time outs at random intervals this morning.

Just got a meeting invite for 12, that was swiftly declined :greengrin

GreenCastle
14-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Anyone bored till 12? aerobics oz style is on SS3

Best advice on this whole thread :greengrin

HibeeMG
14-05-2013, 10:39 AM

Not unless you know the right page to be on. :wink:

shezer
14-05-2013, 10:40 AM
How long does it take before you get timed out?

Hermit Crab
14-05-2013, 10:41 AM
How long does it take before you get timed out?

I think it depends how active you are on the site.

Sean1875
14-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Been in the system for an hour, just got timed out there, magic :rolleyes:

Hibby Gav
14-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Been in the system for an hour, just got timed out there, magic :rolleyes:
think they are getting ready for show time...been a while waiting to get back in now

DH1875
14-05-2013, 10:49 AM
So do we actually know how many there are yet? 5K then no worries, 1k and I'm heading to the final on my own :boo hoo:.

Waxy
14-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Timed out again.was keeping active too

AJWisme
14-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Looks like this is the start....good luck everyone! :agree:

SlickShoes
14-05-2013, 10:52 AM
That's me now in the online queue, good luck everyone.

Sean1875
14-05-2013, 10:52 AM
think they are getting ready for show time...been a while waiting to get back in now

:agree: the wee green bar was going at a decent rate when I got timed out just then and it has slowed down to a sluggish pace just now, not even half way along the line yet :panic:

Sean1875
14-05-2013, 10:54 AM
All the best to all the Hibs.net team trying to get tickets today, wishing you luck and hopefully we'll all be amongst a sea of green and white in Hampden a week on Sunday! :flag::pfgwa:thumbsup::hnet:

LancashireHibby
Been logged in for ages, click on the Dundee game just to make sure I'm still active and now I'm queued! Best get a few other office computers on the job! :thumbsup:

Waxy
Im away down the bottom.and ive been logged in all morning too.how do they chose who gets in first?

Hibee-Bongo
14-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Hurray up ya wee green bar bassa!

easty
14-05-2013, 10:55 AM
wonder if Option 3 works on the phone this year....:greengrin

I've already got my ticket but going to try and get a couple more for my dad and brother, they arent really football fans but they fancy a day out. :cb

Sean1875
14-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Just remembered id had a second browser opened to join the queue and the bars almost full on that one, thank god :thumbsup:

HH81
14-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Im away down the bottom.and ive been logged in all morning too.how do they chose who gets in first?

They let people from Yorkshire in first. :agree:

Waxy
14-05-2013, 10:57 AM
It says below is an estimate of how long i'll have to wait to be admitted.
at this rate we'll be in next years cup final by the time im in.

zlatan
14-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Nowt added yet

SlickShoes
My second browser I opened later has now overtaken the first browser which was open 5 minutes earlier!

Also my progress bar just went backwards, it was beyond half way and now its back to about 1/3!

DH1875
I need the toilet :brickwall.

mmmmhibby
14-05-2013, 11:00 AM
green bar halfway now, if a get timed out all not be happy!!!!!!

Cabbage East
14-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Tickets arent there ffs

SlickShoes
14-05-2013, 11:01 AM
This thing keeps going backwards!

Pretty Boy
14-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Good luck to all those trying for tickets today.

shezer
14-05-2013, 11:02 AM
One 20th of the bar highlighted....I'll have to put this bar down after the race

dp00
Phoning is a waste b of time. ... dont even q just getting disconnected

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hermit Crab
Green bar is full. It looks like its trying let me in by automatically refreshing.

Lester B
14-05-2013, 11:03 AM
:rolleyes:That line wee line is moving slower than Nade carrying some heavy shopping.

Waxy
14-05-2013, 11:04 AM
why did the bar jump backwards?
dont like that green bar.

Willis1875
Green bar is full. It looks like its trying let me in by automatically refreshing.

Could be your choice of browser,I'm sure that happened last year aswell.

Hibee-Bongo
Bar keeps going faster then jumping back. :grr:

easty
:rolleyes:That line wee line is moving slower than Nade carrying some heavy shopping.

you wouldnt say that if he was white...racist.:wink:

Cabbage East
14-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Kicked me out when I was putting my card details in ffs!

hibIBZ
anybody getting offered anything other than row A or B

JoeT
That's me sorted for 2 tickets from the online system. Good luck to those not quite there yet.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2013, 11:06 AM

Edit. I'm in no bother. Looks to be plenty tickets available.

hibsforeurope
Has anyone managed to get through on the phone line?

TheEastTerrace
Seems I'm one of the first lucky ones - I got logged in after two attempts and tickets available.

Good luck everyone else.

Was using IE for anyone worried about browsers

DBHibs
Got three different browsers going - Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari (on my phone).

All moving at a snails pace though!:grr:

Spike Mandela
nae queues at the ticket office whatsoever.

Take it its online only. why?

zlatan
4 tickets in the north sorted, piece of piss.

Green Man
2 tickets acquired :flag:

I was given row A, hesitated over giving them up and trying for better seats but just went for it so at least I'll be there!

Good luck everyone else :aok: