PDA

View Full Version : Media BT Sport free with their broadband service

Just Alf
09-05-2013, 10:42 AM
BT Sports package just been announced to industry.

3 channels (Sports 1,2 & ESPN) free if you have BT Broadband
add £3 and you get them in HD.

Also available via Sky but @ £15 per month.

Also mentioned they're undercutting Sky's pub package by 80%

GoldenEagle
09-05-2013, 10:44 AM

On Virgin cable?

Just Alf
09-05-2013, 11:08 AM
On Virgin cable?

that bit wasn't mentioned :-(

it's BT Broadband, Sky or on your Laptop/Tablet/Smartphone....

JeMeSouviens
09-05-2013, 11:18 AM

HD is free for a year if you order before August 1st.

Beefster
09-05-2013, 11:32 AM
£15 for Sky customers is a tad steep.

Just Alf
09-05-2013, 11:37 AM

True.... mind you, Sky charge £20 quid to watch sky sports 1 & 2 via BT vision

Bristolhibby
09-05-2013, 11:39 AM
So do you get Sky Sports 1, 2 and ESPN for £15? Or is that BT Sports 1 & 2?

Just Alf
09-05-2013, 11:45 AM
So do you get Sky Sports 1, 2 and ESPN for £15? Or is that BT Sports 1 & 2?

it's BT Sports 1,2 and whatever ESPN becomes for £15. So if you've already got Sky Sports that fills back in all the bigger games Sky lost out on...... wall to wall footy :agree:

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2013, 11:47 AM

I have BT broadband, but don't have BT Vision. Do you need to buy BT Vision before you get BT Sports? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Another nail in the coffin of Scottish football. :rolleyes:

Dalkeith
09-05-2013, 12:05 PM
I have BT broadband, but don't have BT Vision. Do you need to buy BT Vision before you get BT Sports? :confused: I've just signed up, as a bt broadband customer and as I have sky hd I got the bt sport 1,2 and espn for £0.00 for the year, the only catch and there is always one is I had to commit to a new year long broadband contract

JeMeSouviens
09-05-2013, 12:10 PM
I have BT broadband, but don't have BT Vision. Do you need to buy BT Vision before you get BT Sports? :confused:

No, it's available in 3 ways:

- via Sky (Satellite), free to BT broadband customers or else £15 activation then £12/month
- via BT Vision, free
- via internet streaming (including phone/tablet app), free to BT bb customers, don't think anyone else can get it?

hibs0666
09-05-2013, 12:15 PM
On Virgin cable?

I'm sure it will come but BT will probably want a time window in order that they can sign up as many punters as possible.

Brightside
09-05-2013, 12:42 PM
BT Vision is utter *****..do not sign up. They do not provide HD as the current boxes dont support it, and the telephone cables cant support it in most areas.

Just Alf
09-05-2013, 12:51 PM
http://www.bt.com/sport/?s_cid=con_social_buysport.... spotted details here.... including the HD bit :greengrin

(I'm guessing you must have one of the older boxes if you've no HD?... they might upgrade you for free??)

Lang Toun Hibs
09-05-2013, 12:53 PM
BT Vision is utter *****..do not sign up. They do not provide HD as the current boxes dont support it, and the telephone cables cant support it in most areas.

I've got bt vision and actually think its pretty good! Looking forward to my additional free sports channels and a reduction in cost - currently pay £10 per month extra for espn.

KeithTheHibby
09-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Think I will just watch most games via a stream, I already give sky close to a ton each month and nobody is getting a penny more.

lord bunberry
09-05-2013, 01:20 PM
I won't be paying for it that's for sure, all they have got is the crap games that were on espn. The spl should have just ripped up the contract when espn pulled out. And while were on the subject I think all the games should be shown by one broadcaster to avoid having to pay 2 subscriptions

Golden Bear
09-05-2013, 01:26 PM
I'd guess that Sky Sports will now choose to show a lot of the bigger sporting events /football matches on Sky Sports 3 & 4.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Just got all my sports packages taken out.

English football just bores me, i'm usually either at the Hibs game or watching on the pub, I never seem to be in to watch ther German or Spanish football and most of the decent boxing has shifted to boxnation or can be found online.

No way will Sky, BT or whoever be getting any more cash from me.

down-the-slope
09-05-2013, 01:35 PM
I'd guess that Sky Sports will now choose to show a lot of the bigger sporting events /football matches on Sky Sports 3 & 4.

Why?

Golden Bear
09-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Why?

It pays to read the whole thread and from what I've now read it looks as though BT are doing their own broadcasts and not merely using their own equipment to show Sky Sports 1 & 2. BT should had come up with more imaginative names that Sports Channels 1 & 2 as they're normally associated with Sky.

I think!

Bristolhibby
09-05-2013, 05:25 PM
I won't be paying for it that's for sure, all they have got is the crap games that were on espn. The spl should have just ripped up the contract when espn pulled out. And while were on the subject I think all the games should be shown by one broadcaster to avoid having to pay 2 subscriptions

I read that BT get first dibs on 12 weekends a season regarding the game that they show, so expect some biggies (Agree ESPN always had the dross, or a big team v a small team).

Can anyone confirm that BT have all the SPL fixtures, or is it on a shared basis (like it is at the moment with ESPN)?

J

Sir David Gray
09-05-2013, 05:28 PM

It's not too bad if I've understood it correctly.

At the moment ESPN is £10 per month for Sky customers. If I've got it right, ESPN is remaining as a channel but it is being bought by BT and in addition to that, BT are introducing two new channels where the majority of their sports coverage will be aired.

For those two new channels, plus ESPN, you are getting it for just £5 more than what you're paying at present.

I've maybe picked it up wrong though.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2013, 05:31 PM
I read that BT get first dibs on 12 weekends a season regarding the game that they show, so expect some biggies (Agree ESPN always had the dross, or a big team v a small team).

Can anyone confirm that BT have all the SPL fixtures, or is it on a shared basis (like it is at the moment with ESPN)?

J

Sky Sports still has a deal with the SPL as well.

That won't change with BT coming in.

Winston Ingram
09-05-2013, 05:47 PM
As long as they don't employ Craig Burley, I'll be subscribing

marinello59
09-05-2013, 05:50 PM
It looks like they are letting ESPN America die. Gutted at that as it was the only reason I subscribed to ESPN. Anybody know if there will be another dedicated American sports channel?

Treadstone
09-05-2013, 06:40 PM
It looks like they are letting ESPN America die. Gutted at that as it was the only reason I subscribed to ESPN. Anybody know if there will be another dedicated American sports channel?

I seen a tweet recently from the ESPN America team and pretty much said a 'business as usual' sort of thing. I will try and find it and check that i haven't got the wrong end of the stick.

Beefster
09-05-2013, 06:45 PM
It's not too bad if I've understood it correctly.

At the moment ESPN is £10 per month for Sky customers. If I've got it right, ESPN is remaining as a channel but it is being bought by BT and in addition to that, BT are introducing two new channels where the majority of their sports coverage will be aired.

For those two new channels, plus ESPN, you are getting it for just £5 more than what you're paying at present.

I've maybe picked it up wrong though.

I don't subscribe to ESPN because I think £10 a month is a rip-off for what you get so paying £5 a month more for some extra sports that I won't watch on some extra channels I won't watch seems worse!

Gatecrasher
09-05-2013, 06:54 PM
I wont be buying into this either, it's getting pretty stupid having to subscribe to different companies just to watch some scottish football. Sky sports is gone in my house also. Internet or pub for me next season. I only really subbed to ESPN for ESPN America also but now getting a college pass on espn.com to get my fix.

SteveHFC
09-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Luckily I'll get BT Vision free for the year ;)

Heedersnvolleys
09-05-2013, 07:00 PM

To get the HD you need BT Infinity. Which should be in most city centre exchanges before the start of the season! It is not the telephone cables that provide the the tv signal it is still your TV ariel but you do need to be able to get more than 3MB from your router for the downloadable stuff to work.

Just Alf
09-05-2013, 07:04 PM

Not sure, but when I read the bumf on the BT sport web site it looks like they have a lot of American sports, so maybe ESPN America stuff is being spread across the 3 channels?

Treadstone
09-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Not sure, but when I read the bumf on the BT sport web site it looks like they have a lot of American sports, so maybe ESPN America stuff is being spread across the 3 channels?

http://www.espnamerica.com/gb/f1/help-feedback/faq/

BT Group and ESPN announced in February an agreement for BT to acquire ESPN’s UK and Ireland TV channels business.

Following the agreement with BT, and after further review and consultation, ESPN has decided to cease broadcasting the ESPN America channel across Europe and the Middle East (except the UK and Ireland), and ESPN Classic channels across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The date that the channels go off air will be different across different markets, based upon distribution agreements. However, in most markets, both channels will continue exactly as they are, unchanged, until 31 July, 2013 (30th June 2013 in the Middle East) and you will continue to get the exact same sports content and coverage until that time.

SetonClapper
09-05-2013, 07:20 PM
You can still get BT Sport in HD through your Sky box without having Infinity.

DH1875
09-05-2013, 07:37 PM

I've never really understand why we can't get the ESPN America they get all across the rest of Europe. It's really good and better than ESPN America here.

I wont be buying into this either, it's getting pretty stupid having to subscribe to different companies just to watch some scottish football. Sky sports is gone in my house also. Internet or pub for me next season. I only really subbed to ESPN for ESPN America also but now getting a college pass on espn.com to get my fix.

Can you get college pass here? I looked into it a few years ago but you needed an American IP. Thought it was strange cause never had a problem with game pass.

http://www.espnamerica.com/gb/f1/help-feedback/faq/

So looking at that ESPN American is getting canned. I'll miss it for my college ball and the odd baseball fix but it's not been the same since they lost the NHL and there is nowhere near enough NFL stuff on it.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2013, 07:38 PM
I don't subscribe to ESPN because I think £10 a month is a rip-off for what you get so paying £5 a month more for some extra sports that I won't watch on some extra channels I won't watch seems worse!

Fair enough, I was just comparing it solely on how much it costs for ESPN.

Of course if you think that £10 per month for ESPN is a rip off then I understand if you don't think too highly of this package!

Gatecrasher
09-05-2013, 07:44 PM
I've never really understand why we can't get the ESPN America they get all across the rest of Europe. It's really good and better than ESPN America here.

Can you get college pass here? I looked into it a few years ago but you needed an American IP. Thought it was strange cause never had a problem with game pass.

So looking at that ESPN American is getting canned. I'll miss it for my college ball and the odd baseball fix but it's not been the same since they lost the NHL and there is nowhere near enough NFL stuff on it.
https://www.espnplayer.com/espnplayer/secure/registerform?product=ESPN_COLLEGE_PASS

i havent purchased it yet as I'm waiting for college football to start but the app is already on my iPad.

LaMotta
09-05-2013, 07:58 PM
To get the HD you need BT Infinity. Which should be in most city centre exchanges before the start of the season! It is not the telephone cables that provide the the tv signal it is still your TV ariel but you do need to be able to get more than 3MB from your router for the downloadable stuff to work.

BT infinity not available in my area, and anyway BT's customer service is SHOCKING. Wouldn't ever give BT a penny ever again:grr:

Bishop Hibee
09-05-2013, 08:11 PM
I've got phone, internet and TV with Virgin Media. Upgraded to the package including ESPN recently for £8 a month more plus Tivo and HD box and doubling broadband speed. Disappointing if I can't get BT Sport but assume they will have to do a deal with Virgin eventually.

As a football addict I'll watch anything but draw the line at paying for Sky.

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Well as a BT broadband subscriber with Sky HD, I'm delighted with the news. BT Sport 1 & 2 and ESPN, for free for a year. Happy days! :aok:

JMac
09-05-2013, 09:10 PM
My dad works at BT, the broadband gives 3 channels, sport 1, sport 2 and espn. They're making it very cheap to try and tempt people away from sky to reduce their power. BT Sport get 38 premier league games for the next 3 years, they get to pick them, and the ones they pick, sky can't show. No news on scottish football

Onion
10-05-2013, 05:21 AM
Well as a BT broadband subscriber with Sky HD, I'm delighted with the news. BT Sport 1 & 2 and ESPN, for free for a year. Happy days! :aok:

:thumbsup: Me too. We dropped Sky about a year ago and moved to FreeSat from Sky (using our SkyHD Box). Have just gone into our BT Broadband account and signed up for BT Sports and it worked a treat. Just had to input our Sky Viewing Card number.

So thanks to Hibs.net we get FREE footie on the telly from August in HD :banana:

Moulin Yarns
10-05-2013, 12:47 PM
:thumbsup: Me too. We dropped Sky about a year ago and moved to FreeSat from Sky (using our SkyHD Box). Have just gone into our BT Broadband account and signed up for BT Sports and it worked a treat. Just had to input our Sky Viewing Card number.

So thanks to Hibs.net we get FREE footie on the telly from August in HD :banana:

Thanks for the info, I'll set it up at the weekend.

Dalkeith
10-05-2013, 01:30 PM
No news on scottish football pretty sure they are taking over from espn, the promos are on sky 445 & 446 and james mcpake is in one of them for a few secs

JeMeSouviens
10-05-2013, 01:57 PM
pretty sure they are taking over from espn, the promos are on sky 445 & 446 and james mcpake is in one of them for a few secs

Yep. 30 SPL + 10 riveting NewHuns games from SFL2.

Brightside
10-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Its £15 a month through a SKY box. No Inifinity in Porty... The deal they are offering is basically just using football to try and get people hooked into the BT Broadband solution. I was with BT in the past and they are utter ****. They are showing the womans football tho!

Hamish
10-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Apparently any live Scottish football will kick off at 3.19 am on a Thursday morning.

green&left
11-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Not available in Craigintinny with BT which is a shame. Would've saved 15quid a month and got the sports channels for free too.

Golden Bear
11-05-2013, 09:44 AM
BT infinity punters ken whit's gaun on.

Excellent from BT, absolutely excellent.

:aok:

Hiber-nation
11-05-2013, 09:57 AM

:agree:

Barry.

DH1875
11-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Any word what's happening with Virgin as you currently get all the ESPN channels for free on their XL package. Can't see BT letting them do that.

down-the-slope
22-06-2013, 08:13 AM
What a superb offer this is - how can they offer it free for a year (im already a BT Broadband customer and have a the lowest SKY package possible).....

http://www.bt.com/sport/

Will receive via SKY and can use app and online all for nothing as I already had the requirements..

I assume they are using it as a loss leader to get more broadband customers signed up...will be good if they have ESPN SPFL rights then might get a few Hibs matches to Boot.....

down-the-slope
22-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Just Checked 30 live SFPL & 38 EPL

and all 3 channels in HD Free for the year as well :not worth

KdyHby
22-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Remember to sign up via a cash back website eg Quidco. Got c£50 cash back 18 months ago

jgl07
22-06-2013, 12:58 PM
I will not be subscribing unless it is bundled free with my Virgin Media package. Setanta Sports and ESPN both were so I will wait and see.

Nuitdelune
13-07-2013, 06:16 PM
I have read the stuff but I still don't understand fully. If you subscribe to ESPN (through Sky) now and you are not a BT Broadband customer, what happens? Does your subscription stop automatically on 1st August or does it transfer to BT Sport and they take £15 instead of £10? In other words if you want it do you have to be active or are ESPN going to continue to take your tenner for nothing to see or see only the other ESPN channels and you lose your 'ESPN' EPL and SPL games. I should phone them of course....

Billy Whizz
13-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Sky wrote to me advising me that my ESPN subscription would cease on 31st July. As a BT broadband subscriber, I've set this up on line for one years free subscription. I'm still waiting on them putting the app on though

matty_f
13-07-2013, 07:17 PM
I have read the stuff but I still don't understand fully. If you subscribe to ESPN (through Sky) now and you are not a BT Broadband customer, what happens? Does your subscription stop automatically on 1st August or does it transfer to BT Sport and they take £15 instead of £10? In other words if you want it do you have to be active or are ESPN going to continue to take your tenner for nothing to see or see only the other ESPN channels and you lose your 'ESPN' EPL and SPL games. I should phone them of course....
Your espn will finish and that's it. You'll need to contact bt if you want their sports channels through your sky box. Bt Sports looks like espn anyway going by the fixtures they're showing.

Seanair
13-07-2013, 07:24 PM

Wouldn't go to BT even if they paid me. Incompetent bunch of crooks outsourcing much of their call centre work to India when people HERE need jobs. Got fed up arguing with people in Mumbai who hadn't a scoobie and didn't know where Scotland is.

Sir David Gray
13-07-2013, 07:27 PM

It stops automatically and you'll only pay for your normal Sky subscription after that, unless you are proactive and actually sign up to BT Sport.

Danderhall Hibs
13-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Your espn will finish and that's it. You'll need to contact bt if you want their sports channels through your sky box. Bt Sports looks like espn anyway going by the fixtures they're showing.

They've got first dibs on something like 17 weekends so they've got a few decent games, ESPN just got whatever sky left them.

Nuitdelune
13-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Your espn will finish and that's it. You'll need to contact bt if you want their sports channels through your sky box. Bt Sports looks like espn anyway going by the fixtures they're showing.In the intervening period I chatted online with Swahli ( in India I assume--see post above re BT having call centre in India) and she said it was automatic. As I don't want to switch to BT Broadband, I think I will see what happens on 1st August! Thanks

Sir David Gray
13-07-2013, 07:43 PM
In the intervening period I chatted online with Swahli ( in India I assume--see post above re BT having call centre in India) and she said it was automatic. As I don't want to switch to BT Broadband, I think I will see what happens on 1st August! Thanks

Trust me, if you are with Sky your ESPN subscription finishes on 31st July and you'll no longer pay for it. You will NOT be automatically transferred over to BT Sport on 1st August.

I work for Sky and I also have Sky myself and I've read all the correspondence that I've been sent on this.

If you go to your interactive services on your TV and check your latest bill, there's a notification on there with regards to what's happening with ESPN.

Nuitdelune
13-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Trust me, if you are with Sky your ESPN subscription finishes on 31st July and you'll no longer pay for it. You will NOT be automatically transferred over to BT Sport on 1st August.

I work for Sky and I also have Sky myself and I've read all the correspondence that I've been sent on this.

If you go to your interactive services on your TV and check your latest bill, there's a notification on there with regards to what's happening with ESPN.Thanks, I will trust you!

matty_f
13-07-2013, 07:45 PM
They've got first dibs on something like 17 weekends so they've got a few decent games, ESPN just got whatever sky left them.

I'm sure I read that all BT's picks were shown on espn last season.

Danderhall Hibs
13-07-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm sure I read that all BT's picks were shown on espn last season.

They're advertising some decent matches on the radio and saying they have 1st dibs on so many weekends?

LaMotta
13-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Wouldn't go to BT even if they paid me. Incompetent bunch of crooks outsourcing much of their call centre work to India when people HERE need jobs. Got fed up arguing with people in Mumbai who hadn't a scoobie and didn't know where Scotland is.

Couldnt agree more mate ......terrible customer service wouldn't give them another penny!

Jack Hackett
13-07-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm a BT customer, mainly because they promised I'd get Infinity (fibre optic) last January. This never happened, so I'm stuck with piss poor adsl. My mate who lives 200yds away gets 15 times faster speeds than me for the same money, which totally grinds my gears.

... Anyway, I have BT Vision through a YouView box, which is great, but what I don't understand is that even though I get HD channels through the box, they won't give me the sport channel on my TV, never mind in HD, unless I have Infinity.

Total bunch of hertz... Can't wait for my contract to end

matty_f
13-07-2013, 08:13 PM
They're advertising some decent matches on the radio and saying they have 1st dibs on so many weekends?

Espn had a few decent games too.

leithsansiro
13-07-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm a BT customer, mainly because they promised I'd get Infinity (fibre optic) last January. This never happened, so I'm stuck with piss poor adsl. My mate who lives 200yds away gets 15 times faster speeds than me for the same money, which totally grinds my gears.

... Anyway, I have BT Vision through a YouView box, which is great, but what I don't understand is that even though I get HD channels through the box, they won't give me the sport channel on my TV, never mind in HD, unless I have Infinity.

Don't we critisise footballers for those kind of post-Bosman statements...:wink:

Jack Hackett
13-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Don't we critisise footballers for those kind of post-Bosman statements...:wink:

Only if they play for the greater greens :greengrin

Heedersnvolleys
13-07-2013, 08:34 PM

Jack, what sport channels are you meaning?

Kaff
13-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Havent seen them posted anywhere but these are the fixtures afaik. Lifted from another teams forum

17 Aug 13
12:45
Sat
Liverpool
Stoke

24 Aug 13
Sat
Fulham
Arsenal

31 Aug 13
Sat
Man City
Hull City

14 Sep 13
Sat
Man Utd
Crystal Palace

21 Sep 13
Sat
Norwich
Aston Villa

28 Sep 13
Sat
Tottenham
Chelsea

05 Oct 13
Sat
Man City
Everton

19 Oct 13
Sat
Newcastle
Liverpool

26 Oct 13
Sat
Crystal Palace
Arsenal

02 Nov 13
Sat
Newcastle
Chelsea

23 Nov 13
Sat
Everton
Liverpool

30 Nov 13
Sat
Tottenham
Man Utd

HH81
14-07-2013, 06:48 AM
I am with sky, how do i get Bt? Got ESPN at moment but want to switch it over?

brian6-2
14-07-2013, 07:13 AM
A bit gutted with this to be honest, always stuck by sky as they tend to give a good service.

Wonder if anyone can clear this up, i know BT now will be showing premiership, SPL, bundesliga and french ligue 1. Sky showed this last season (apart from french ligue 1) so am i right in saying all sky will be showing is the premiership?. I went to renew my ESPN on sky the other day and was told i couldnt as its only available to BT customers from next month?

Jim44
14-07-2013, 07:18 AM
I am presently a BT broadband and Sky TV customer and signed up for BT Sport. However I am about to pack up Sky and get a Freesat box ( my Sky box is going on the blink). What will my options be then for receiving BT Sport without a Sky account?

brian6-2
14-07-2013, 07:36 AM
I am presently a BT broadband and Sky TV customer and signed up for BT Sport. However I am about to pack up Sky and get a Freesat box ( my Sky box is going on the blink). What will my options be then for receiving BT Sport without a Sky account?

its all a bit confusing mate, im trying to get some sense out of the site. ive got sky tv, sky broadband and phoneline can i still get bt sports? as well as sky? its not very well explained on the site.

i think im right in saying regardless of what tv you have and who its with if you have bt broadband you can get it, so i think you will be fine with freesat.

greenlad
14-07-2013, 08:09 AM

My understanding would be that you would be fine if you take the specific FREESAT FROM SKY option (where you have the Sky box but with no pay channels or contract with Sky), but not standard FREESAT.

McD
14-07-2013, 08:17 AM
A bit gutted with this to be honest, always stuck by sky as they tend to give a good service.

Wonder if anyone can clear this up, i know BT now will be showing premiership, SPL, bundesliga and french ligue 1. Sky showed this last season (apart from french ligue 1) so am i right in saying all sky will be showing is the premiership?. I went to renew my ESPN on sky the other day and was told i couldnt as its only available to BT customers from next month?

Sky have the same coverage they had last season, BT have what ESPN had last season.

its all a bit confusing mate, im trying to get some sense out of the site. ive got sky tv, sky broadband and phoneline can i still get bt sports? as well as sky? its not very well explained on the site.

i think im right in saying regardless of what tv you have and who its with if you have bt broadband you can get it, so i think you will be fine with freesat.

Sky customers can get BT sports, but you need to contact BT to get it switched on (similar to setanta).

if you go down this route, there is no 12/18 month contract, however there is an activation fee, which needs to be paid each time you cancel then re-add BT sports.

brian6-2
14-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Sky have the same coverage they had last season, BT have what ESPN had last season.

Sky customers can get BT sports, but you need to contact BT to get it switched on (similar to setanta).

if you go down this route, there is no 12/18 month contract, however there is an activation fee, which needs to be paid each time you cancel then re-add BT sports.

cheers pal :thumbsup:

any idea on the cost? am i right in saying its 15 quid to get switched on and 12 quid a month?

McD
14-07-2013, 08:26 AM
cheers pal :thumbsup:

any idea on the cost? am i right in saying its 15 quid to get switched on and 12 quid a month?

Any time :greengrin

yeah £15 activation fee (it's this that needs to be paid again if you cancel then re-add).

£12 for standard definition per month, £15 for HD, although I think if you order before 1st of August you get the HD free, so £12.

edit: no I don't work for BT, which I'm quite happy about ;-)

Just Alf
14-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Re the Sky and BT/ESPN coverage.... It's not the same as last year.

BT sports bought over the ESPN rights so those will be incorporated into the their new sports channels.

Re the EPL, the premiership bigwigs broke up their rights into 5 separate packages.. 1st pick, 2nd Pick etc etc. Sky have something like 1st, 3rd and 5th.. With BT the other 2.
Disclaimer... I'm not totally sure of the specific share of the picks but the principle is the same..... I did remember seeing sky had one and bt the other of the 1st 2 picks....

Hope that makes sense!

brian6-2
14-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Any time :greengrin

yeah £15 activation fee (it's this that needs to be paid again if you cancel then re-add).

£12 for standard definition per month, £15 for HD, although I think if you order before 1st of August you get the HD free, so £12.

edit: no I don't work for BT, which I'm quite happy about ;-)

haha cheers again mate, top stuff :aok:

it generally seems like a good deal, i'll give it a go for a few months. you get more tennis and stuff as well so thats a bonus. mrs wont be happy.

cheers again :thumbsup:

Bristolhibby
14-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Havent seen them posted anywhere but these are the fixtures afaik. Lifted from another teams forum

17 Aug 13
Sat
Liverpool
Stoke

24 Aug 13
Sat
Fulham
Arsenal

31 Aug 13
Sat
Man City
Hull City

14 Sep 13
Sat
Man Utd
Crystal Palace

21 Sep 13
Sat
Norwich
Aston Villa

28 Sep 13
Sat
Tottenham
Chelsea

05 Oct 13
Sat
Man City
Everton

19 Oct 13
Sat
Newcastle
Liverpool

26 Oct 13
Sat
Crystal Palace
Arsenal

02 Nov 13
Sat
Newcastle
Chelsea

23 Nov 13
Sat
Everton
Liverpool

30 Nov 13
Sat
Tottenham
Man Utd

Recon there's only about 3 or 4 first picks in there.

J

Just Alf
14-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Ps

Disclaimer 2... I do work for BT :-/

Although nothing to do with consumer lines, broadband or sports!

Pps.. I know what some are saying re call centres abroad, my part of the business only have UK based ones :D .... That said, I'm sure I've read that the BT sports call centre is in Newcastle

ahibby
14-07-2013, 11:04 AM

My understanding is that if you don't have a card with your free sat box then you won't get it on telly. You need a card from BT to watch it on telly even if you have BT Vision. There is a one off small payment for the card. I havent decided yet whether to watch it on telly (buy a card) or just project it from my laptop for free.

Jack Hackett
15-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Jack, what sport channels are you meaning?
Sorry for the delay, I have limited wifi access here.

BT Sports Channels, which I presume will be made available to BT customers via BT Vision

Coco Bryce
15-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Is there not something that if you have unlimited broadband with BT you can watch BT Sport on your PC and tablets etc FOC just using an app?

down-the-slope
15-07-2013, 08:38 PM

Live stream on PC / mobile device with app is one way for defo

The Harp Awakes
15-07-2013, 09:55 PM
My understanding is that if you don't have a card with your free sat box then you won't get it on telly. You need a card from BT to watch it on telly even if you have BT Vision. There is a one off small payment for the card. I havent decided yet whether to watch it on telly (buy a card) or just project it from my laptop for free.

Looked into this before switching to bt for broadband. Kept sky tv but cancelled sky sports.

All you need to get bt sport with their broadband is a sky box and viewing card - doesn't matter if you are no longer a sky tv customer. Bt just need a viewing card number to activate.

Went for bt fibre by the way and the speed for us is awesome:aok:

brian6-2
17-07-2013, 09:45 AM
just seen the people who will be on the panel/commentating at the games, michael owen, steve mcmanaman, owen hargreaves and RIO FERDINAND!! nightmare, the mans a complete toss pot.

neville AND carragher on sky as well my mute button will take another battering this season :(