PDA

View Full Version : Leigh's Going Back To Wolves Tomorrow.........

Mikey
08-05-2013, 09:10 PM
One of the revelations from the sponsor's evening tonight was that Leigh left early as he's going back to Wolves tomorrow, hopefully to finalise his departure. To be closely followed by him signing for us.

This isn't speculation btw, he stood out front and told everyone present.

SteveHFC
08-05-2013, 09:11 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

neilmartinrocks
08-05-2013, 09:13 PM
One of the revelations from the sponsor's evening tonight was that Leigh left early as he's going back to Wolves tomorrow, hopefully to finalise his departure. To be closely followed by him signing for us.

Heres hoping thats what happens.

Leighonel
08-05-2013, 09:15 PM

Buzzing.

We love leigh. Leigh loves hibs.

SaulGoodman
08-05-2013, 09:16 PM
:DaffyDuckGif:

Where's Steve?

Glory Lurker
08-05-2013, 09:16 PM
:flag::flag::flag:
:partyhibb:partyhibb:partyhibb:hyper::hyper::hyper ::hyper:

HH81
08-05-2013, 09:18 PM
:DaffyDuckGif:

Where's Steve?

Don't you be getting him in trouble :greengrin

PatHead
08-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Great news. Now for the cup win.

NOLA
08-05-2013, 09:21 PM
any odds on him adding to his brood while he's down there :greengrin

Heisenberg
08-05-2013, 09:23 PM
I won't be getting too excited till he's 100% signed on as a hibs player for next season. Would love it to happen as he's the best player we've had for years.

Jonnyboy
08-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Surely this cannae be right??? A good news story that everyone agrees with :greengrin

IWasThere2016
08-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Being saying it for some time - Leigh will be at Hibs next season :thumbsup:

:pfgwa

Pretty Boy
08-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Always thought he's a bit over rated. We should be looking at better imo.

Vault Boy
08-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Almost too perfect. :pray:

To stand up and say it just shows his love for the club, and for the fans. One of our own indeed. :top marks

.Sean.
08-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Myself and a few others have been maintaining for weeks there was a huge chance he'd be signing - It's not news!

Up The Bracket
08-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Always thought he's a bit over rated. We should be looking at better imo.

Not Hibs Class :agree:

Seveno
08-05-2013, 09:42 PM
It would be wonderful if true.

First thing we do for the lad is to get him a vasectomy.

WestEndHibee
08-05-2013, 09:46 PM
:top marks:flag::flag:

Wembley67
He'll get McPakeitis and his form will drop drastically, not worth the risk.

Hibby Kay-Yay
Is that getting faster

Can you blame him? :wink:

.Sean.

:agree:

danhibees1875
08-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Is that getting faster

You don't want to see what he has in store for it finally being confirmed. :lips seal

WestEndHibee
It would be wonderful if true.

First thing we do for the lad is to get him a vasectomy.

No way. Think of all the wee Griffiths' that will be just as mental about Hibs when they become football superstars. :greengrin

SteveHFC
You don't want to see what he has in store for it finally being confirmed. :lips seal

;)

Hibbyradge
08-05-2013, 09:49 PM
How did Steve HFC get the credit for the gif anyway?

It's been doing the rounds for years.

Sorry Steve :wink:

SteveHFC
08-05-2013, 09:49 PM

:( you have ruined my life :greengrin

Hibby Kay-Yay
08-05-2013, 09:50 PM

I hope it involves a gif with an umbrella underneath daffy

hibeesboii
08-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Will this get confirmed by hibs??

Twiglet
08-05-2013, 10:03 PM

Sorry to veer off topic a bit, but what did Kevin Thomson say? I missed the start of the last thing he said.

frazeHFC
08-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Myself and a few others have been maintaining for weeks there was a huge chance he'd be signing - It's not news!

God to admit had my doubts but looks as if you're spot on! :thumbsup:

Leigh loves us, we love Leigh, absolutely delighted! :woohoo:

ano hibby
08-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Wisdom of this news, great as it potentially is, being posted on a public forum...? I know it comes from Leigh's mouth but if word reaches Wolves on his 'negotiating stance' it can only antagonise them I'd have thought..?
Nobody be more delighted than me if this happens but surely he should keep his counsel & we should suppress this (as best these things can be) until sorted..?

IWasThere2016
08-05-2013, 10:14 PM

Yup. Living the dream .. And happy!

Sir David Gray
08-05-2013, 10:14 PM
This would be an outstanding piece of news if it happens. :pray:

IWasThere2016
08-05-2013, 10:16 PM

That's been doing the rounds for years too (c) Mrs Radge :greengrin

chrisski33
08-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I will believe it when Hibs confirm the news

GGTTH07
08-05-2013, 10:25 PM
:agree:
Me too lads. Sparky told me a while ago he was intent on staying, just said the contract thing with wolves was a massove stumbling block.

SaulGoodman
08-05-2013, 10:29 PM
I am 204mb over my Internet on the phone this month..

I blame gif.net :wink:

Purehibee_MYB
08-05-2013, 10:31 PM
I am 204mb over my Internet on the phone this month..

I blame gif.net :wink:

:cb

Hibbylad86
08-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Sorry to veer off topic a bit, but what did Kevin Thomson say? I missed the start of the last thing he said.

Thomson said and this is rough quotes 'hopefully I show enough to the manager for him to offer me a new deal'

Stringer
08-05-2013, 10:42 PM
I will believe it when Hibs confirm the news

This. I won't believe it until he has the hibs scarf hoisted above his head.

SteveHFC
08-05-2013, 10:45 PM

Hibercelona is currently working on it. The gif will only be posted if we win the cup :thumbsup::greengrin

woodyhfc4892
08-05-2013, 10:52 PM
It's pretty hard not to love Leigh these days! He loves hibs just as much as we do! He's definitely living the dream

hibeesboii
08-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Will this get confirmed by hibs??

neilmartinrocks
08-05-2013, 11:06 PM
party time if true.

Hibbyradge
08-05-2013, 11:06 PM
How do you post GIFs?

Check your PMs

MacBean
08-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Check your PMs

Cheers radge

frazeHFC
08-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Once the mods come back they're gonna go crazy

Mikey's compiling the biggest ever multi-ban in internet history right this second. :agree: :greengrin

Up The Bracket
08-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Mikey's compiling the biggest ever multi-ban in internet history right this second. :agree: :greengrin

This thread has suddenly shrunk :greengrin

R'Albin
08-05-2013, 11:16 PM

I can just picture Steve's heartbroken face as he read that :hilarious

Not allowing myself to get over excited until everything is finalised, but this would be absolute fantastic news :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
08-05-2013, 11:18 PM
I can just picture Steve's heartbroken face as he read that :hilarious

Not allowing myself to get over excited until everything is finalised, but this would be absolute fantastic news :thumbsup:

:greengrin

Hibbyradge
08-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Are GIFs not allowed?

I didn't know. Why is that?

Up The Bracket
08-05-2013, 11:26 PM
I blame James McPake and Alan Maybury for this

tamig
08-05-2013, 11:27 PM
LG said at the weekend that he was meeting Saunders on Thursday. That was before Saunders got booted. I wonder who he's meeting from Wolves. Would be surprised if any decisions were made on contracts while they'remanagerless.

Aldo
09-05-2013, 05:18 AM
Thomson said and this is rough quotes 'hopefully I show enough to the manager for him to offer me a new deal'

This for me anyway is also very good news. (If true and I really do hope it is). Fingers crossed.

Ps well chuffed bout LG as well (everything crossed there)

RIP
09-05-2013, 06:07 AM
Leigh is a young father who loves his kids. Are all these bairns in Scotland?

Hard enough asking a wife to move wi a bairn but how would he go about asking 3 lassies to move?

Shirley he can cite 'family reasons'?

tamig
09-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Leigh is a young father who loves his kids. Are all these bairns in Scotland?

Hard enough asking a wife to move wi a bairn but how would he go about asking 3 lassies to move?

Shirley he can cite 'family reasons'?

Aye, theyre always in the fancy seats behind the dugouts making a right racket.

Leishy1995
09-05-2013, 07:33 AM

Hope you don't seriously complain about noise at a football match

Viva_Palmeiras
09-05-2013, 07:36 AM

Fwiw They weren't making a racket when i was there.

From a wider perspective The time I sat there (Aberdeen cup) looked like a lovely bunch of well loved kids. I don't want to turn this into a thread about his kids btw just what's reported in the press gives a different impression. I don't have idols but I think if I met Leigh I might just be a bit lost for words.

PeeJay
09-05-2013, 07:37 AM
If true, this would be great news for the club - Wasn't too impressed with him when he started with us - he had obvious talent, but his attitude seemed a major problem - now he seems to have all that under control and he has simply been a revelation this season. Is this really on...?

lord bunberry
09-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Please let this be true. I didn't think we had any chance of keeping him

Viva_Palmeiras
09-05-2013, 07:46 AM
If true, this would be great news for the club - Wasn't too impressed with him when he started with us - he had obvious talent, but his attitude seemed a major problem - now he seems to have all that under control and he has simply been a revelation this season. Is this really on...?

I got the impression he was trying too hard and getting disillusioned and put off his game when things didn't work out.

greenpaper55
09-05-2013, 07:47 AM
What an opportunity for Hibs to tie up a player who will be worth many times his present value, remember he is still young and the best is yet to come.

GreenPJ
09-05-2013, 07:49 AM
IF true Hibs won't make any announcement until post derby. Always want to keep some news in the pocket if a bad derby result.

#FromTheCapital
09-05-2013, 07:54 AM
Absolutely delighted if he signs. Scaary to think where we'd be without his goals this season. Depending on length of contract we could get a very decent return if a bigger team comes in for him.

green glory
09-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Brilliant if it comes to pass. Kind of had a feeling this wound happen. KT would be the icing on the cake.

I think it'll be Griffiths and Caldwell up front next season.

Twiglet
09-05-2013, 08:13 AM

I thought it was something like that. I heard "to get a new contract" and thought it was maybe wishful thinking that he was possibly staying.

Stevie Reid
09-05-2013, 08:28 AM
If we start next season with Griffiths and Thomson as permanent members of the squad, as well as Liam Craig coming in, it will be the best transfer window ever.

hibee92
09-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Are GIFs not allowed?

I didn't know. Why is that?

This. Did I miss something? :confused:

Coco Bryce
09-05-2013, 08:34 AM
I remember talking to Leigh a few weeks back and he told me he really wanted to stay, wages were not an issue, but thought his salary should be at least the same or even more than McPake is on. Seems pretty reasonable to me :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
09-05-2013, 08:35 AM
If we start next season with Griffiths and Thomson as permanent members of the squad, as well as Liam Craig coming in, it will be the best transfer window ever.

and with Harris in the team, Handling & Caldwell pushing for games, we all of a sudden look like we could be fairly exciting next season - Taiwo IMHO is very decent too, so Craig/Taiwo and either KT or Claros, is a really good midfield for the SPL. We need to get someone for the RM / RW position, but I am not concerned about adding a couple of half decent players to the team if we already have Sparky, KT etc.

then again, if we win on May 26th, we'll all die happy lol,

Fingers and Toes crossed we can sign Sparky and just over a year from now, sell him for 5M :-)

NOLA
09-05-2013, 08:36 AM

Talking bout the birds no the bairns ;)

Stevie Reid
09-05-2013, 08:43 AM
and with Harris in the team, Handling & Caldwell pushing for games, we all of a sudden look like we could be fairly exciting next season - Taiwo IMHO is very decent too, so Craig/Taiwo and either KT or Claros, is a really good midfield for the SPL. We need to get someone for the RM / RW position, but I am not concerned about adding a couple of half decent players to the team if we already have Sparky, KT etc.

then again, if we win on May 26th, we'll all die happy lol,

Fingers and Toes crossed we can sign Sparky and just over a year from now, sell him for 5M :-)

Totally agree re: youngsters and Taiwo too, was just talking about permanent new additions. Lots to get excited about though, even more so if players of the quality of LG and KT want to commit to Hibs for a number of years.

As always, ST was bought for next season a long time ago, but with the emergence of Harris and Liam Craig to arrive, along with the possibility of Leigh and KT, it's looking like it could be a very good purchase!

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2013, 08:56 AM
I remember talking to Leigh a few weeks back and he told me he really wanted to stay, wages were not an issue, but thought his salary should be at least the same or even more than McPake is on. Seems pretty reasonable to me :agree:

Jeezus christ i'd hope so, he should be on much more than McPake?

SonOfDavidFrancey
09-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Not Hibs Class :agree:

Took the words right out of my mouth

Coco Bryce
09-05-2013, 09:08 AM

He isn't. That was the problem.

Hibs broke the bank for McPake.

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2013, 09:24 AM

I really cant blame the club for that, he virtually kept us up on his own, and 99% of us wanted him to sign, and the club to show some ambition.

J-C
09-05-2013, 09:27 AM

Surely what Leigh is being paid is a percentage of his wage from Wolves, which will probably be less than Mcpake is on. Once they make him their own player his wage will increase to the key player he is.

scoopyboy
09-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Surely what Leigh is being paid is a percentage of his wage from Wolves, which will probably be less than Mcpake is on. Once they make him their own player his wage will increase to the key player he is.

Exactly.

Speedway
At Hibs we have a good few players to be excited about:

Williams, Thomson, Taiwo, Calros, Harris, Griffiths, Craig.

We just need to sort the joke of a defence out and I wouldn't be in a hurry to keep any of them at the moment, including McGivern.

Sean1875
Stick him at the top of the wage pile with as long a contract as possible. Serious injury aside, he is almost guaranteed to make us a transfer profit in years to come, as well as being one of the best goal scorers weve had for years, you know it makes sense Petrie :aok:

hibsmad
09-05-2013, 09:33 AM

No player, in the near future, will ever be on much more than McPake. Hibs splashed out on him.

If Leigh is willing to sign a contract for the same wage that McPake is on then I will be absolutely delighted.

Kojock
09-05-2013, 09:35 AM

We just need to sort the joke of a defence out and I wouldn't be in a hurry to keep any of them at the moment, including McGivern.

McGivern was saying last night that his injury was not as bad as it looked on the TV and he hopes to be fit for Sunday.

J-C
09-05-2013, 09:36 AM

:agree: We need some pace at the back, we must be the slowest defence in the league.

Speedway
09-05-2013, 09:36 AM
McGivern was saying last night that his injury was not as bad as it looked on the TV and he hopes to be fit for Sunday.

How would people feel about nicking Berra from Wolves while we're at it?

J-C
09-05-2013, 09:40 AM

Apart from his connections, he would be better than we have but it aint gonna happen.

Mikey
09-05-2013, 09:43 AM

I sense a fishing expedition :greengrin

Speedway
09-05-2013, 09:46 AM
I sense a fishing expedition :greengrin

Not at all, I would've welcomed Webster and the same with Berra. Some of our number rule out players who are better than ours because of their past.

I see an opportunity to nick a decent defender who would walk into our side, perhaps a lot cheaper than would normally be the case.

hibby rae
09-05-2013, 09:52 AM

I'm led to believe he is/was a Hibby growing up.

calumhibee1
09-05-2013, 10:05 AM

I'd be delighted to take Berra. Is he out of contract? If he requires a fee then there's no chance and if he's out of contract then there's next to no chance.

Steve-O
09-05-2013, 10:09 AM
I would probably take the big eared galoot. He's even scored for us in a derby!

kentao
09-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Seen Leigh this morning jogging up the stairs at the Waverley to get on the train at 6:52am. Didn't get a chance to say anything as he was cutting it abit neat but hope the talks go well and we can get him signed up.

cam75
09-05-2013, 10:59 AM
With wolves relegated rules for the division are no more than60 percent of income to be spent on wages could see a few players getting released and cuts within the club,out of interest what level are we at
percentage of income?

R'Albin
09-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Seen Leigh this morning jogging up the stairs at the Waverley to get on the train at 6:52am. Didn't get a chance to say anything as he was cutting it abit neat but hope the talks go well and we can get him signed up.

What was he wearing? :love ya!:

danhibees1875
09-05-2013, 11:33 AM
With wolves relegated rules for the division are no more than60 percent of income to be spent on wages could see a few players getting released and cuts within the club,out of interest what level are we at
percentage of income?

Last season was 60%. Down from 69% in the prior year. :aok:

hibee_girl
09-05-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm led to believe he is/was a Hibby growing up.

He wasn't, he supported Celtic.

Kenny1875
09-05-2013, 11:57 AM

Celtic are our big brother so he should have no issue playing here. We're no doubt his second favourite team.

Purehibee_MYB
09-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Celtic are our big brother so he should have no issue playing here. We're no doubt his second favourite team.

Need to be born first to be a big brother :aok:

Lago
09-05-2013, 12:16 PM

This so reminds me of the days when we had the Deek posts, will he wont he resign. What happened he didnt dispite all the people in the know saying he would. I'll wait for the official announcements.

Hibbyradge
09-05-2013, 12:18 PM

That's so wrong and on so many levels.

green glory
09-05-2013, 12:22 PM

Those weegie ****s are **** all to do with Hibs.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2013, 12:24 PM

I'd heard from a reliable source that he's been offered contracts at Celtic and a Turkish club.

KeithTheHibby
09-05-2013, 12:58 PM
I'd heard from a reliable source that he's been offered contracts at Celtic and a Turkish club.

Leigh cannot be offered anything unless clubs mentioned have agreed a fee with Wolves.

Given a matter of a week ago Saunders was still in charge and claiming Leigh was going to part of the squad next year I doubt very much what you state has happened.

Leishy1995
09-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Leigh cannot be offered anything unless clubs mentioned have agreed a fee with Wolves.

Given a matter of a week ago Saunders was still in charge and claiming Leigh was going to part of the squad next year I doubt very much what you state has happened.

Think he meant berra

QMU-1875
09-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Leigh is a boyhood hibs fan, he's said so several times

adhibs
09-05-2013, 01:02 PM
That's so wrong and on so many levels.

Those weegie ****s are **** all to do with Hibs.

think it might've been a joke...

Leishy1995
09-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Leigh is a boyhood hibs fan, he's said so several times

Most are talking about Berra being a Celtic fan

Hibbyradge
09-05-2013, 01:08 PM
think it might've been a joke...

It crossed my mind, but those words should never occur in that order whether they're written or said.

Gives me the shivers...

Onion
09-05-2013, 01:11 PM

What a friggin surprise, speculation that the OF are after our best player just 2 weeks before we're due to play them in the SCF :blah:

If there is any truth in this (and there may be) it shows just what a wee, parochial team Celtic are. They have earned £10s millions from Europe this season, beat Barcelona, get 50,000 fans every second week, guaranteed to play in the CL each year, and could probably afford and attract some top-drawer European class strikers.... but no, they're after an English Div1/Champ player with baggage who is on loan to the mighty Hibs. I hope he sticks a hat-trick past that horrible bunch on the 26th :greengrin

Ok..... might have been Berra you were talking about but give it a week and the first will happen, and the second para applies equally to Berra (other than the top striker bit :)

paul_hfc3
09-05-2013, 01:11 PM

Yes he is a Hibs fan. There is video evidence of him being in the Famous Five as a younger laddy on YouTube

brog
09-05-2013, 01:12 PM
What a friggin surprise, speculation that the OF are after our best player just 2 weeks before we're due to play them in the SCF :blah:

If there is any truth in this (and there may be) it shows just what a wee, parochial team Celtic are. They have earned £10s millions from Europe this season, beat Barcelona, get 50,000 fans every second week, guaranteed to play in the CL each year, and could probably afford and attract some top-drawer European class strikers.... but no, they're after an English Div1/Champ player with baggage who is on loan to the mighty Hibs. I hope he sticks a hat-trick past that horrible bunch on the 26th :greengrin
The quote was about Berra, chill!!

Judas Iscariot
09-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Several serious "Whoooooosh" moments in this thread

Onion
09-05-2013, 01:19 PM
The quote was about Berra, chill!!

Wasn't the only one :greengrin Thought it was an LG thread and seen this movie before :cb

East Coast Hibe
09-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Berra was a cetic supporter - as is his old man

LG is and has always been a Hibby

Both did play for Edina Hibs though !

green glory
09-05-2013, 01:34 PM
It crossed my mind, but those words should never occur in that order whether they're written or said.

Gives me the shivers...

Correct. Imagine someone said "Hearts are our friends"?

Hibbyradge
09-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Correct. Imagine someone said "Hearts are our friends"?

Oh please.

Delete your post immediately.

SaulGoodman
09-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Hey guys I don't think Leigh will sign for Celtic, or some Turkish team.

I'm sure he's a hibby too?

:duck:

hibee_girl
09-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Yes he is a Hibs fan. There is video evidence of him being in the Famous Five as a younger laddy on YouTube

I meant Berra, not Griffiths!

.Sean.
09-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Up the stairs? He was going the wrong way then, hope he caught the train :greengrin

NOLA
09-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Need to be born first to be a big brother :aok:

Big wee brother :)

Northernhibee
09-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Really think that Leigh to Hibs would be what Larsson was to Celtic - a player who could play at a much, much higher level than the SPL but chooses to be at a club that he loves and will score an absolute lorryful of goals.

Would be as significant a signing as Sauzee if he stays with us, the boy could become an all time club legend. Clearly way more talented than SPL level and only going to improve.

Please let it be true :flag:

Bad Habits
09-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Someone has popped up on my face book suggesting that a reliable source from east mains has told him that wolves have told Leigh they will not be taking up his year extension and that we have tabled a 2 year deal? Obviously could be complete baws but has anyone else heard similar? :thumbsup:

JMac
09-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Would love it to be true, but until he actually signs, I won't get carried away

Northernhibee
09-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Someone has popped up on my face book suggesting that a reliable source from east mains has told him that wolves have told Leigh they will not be taking up his year extension and that we have tabled a 2 year deal? Obviously could be complete baws but has anyone else heard similar? :thumbsup:

Would like a longer deal than two years if true.

Hibee Ryan
09-05-2013, 03:44 PM

I was told last week it was a 3 year deal but he's deffo signing!

goosefat
09-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Nothing about this on Sky Sports News just now.....just coverage of a no-mark being appointed by some team in the North West of Ingurlund.

They need to get their priorities right.

Kojock
09-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Didn't post this before as I wasn't 100% sure what Sparky said but I have now had it confirmed by two different people in attendance last night.

At the end of his interview with Stotty, Sparky let slip that Hibs had made Wolves an offer that he hoped they would accept. :thumbsup:

hibby rae
09-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Up the stairs? He was going the wrong way then, hope he caught the train :greengrin

Maybe he was getting a bit of exercise and comes from the JC school on fitness. I remember Gareth Evans saying that JC used to always do press ups during the adverts when he was watching the telly. I imagine Sparky does something similiar but it's more of a group activity!

silverhibee
09-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Didn't post this before as I wasn't 100% sure what Sparky said but I have now had it confirmed by two different people in attendance last night.

At the end of his interview with Stotty, Sparky let slip that Hibs had made Wolves an offer that he hoped they would accept. :thumbsup:

So Wolves must have activated the extra year on his contract.

Gmack7
09-05-2013, 05:16 PM
So Wolves must have activated the extra year on his contract.
maybe activate,sell to us for a pittance with a large % of any future transfer fee:dunno:

Viva_Palmeiras
09-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Really think that Leigh to Hibs would be what Larsson was to Celtic - a player who could play at a much, much higher level than the SPL but chooses to be at a club that he loves and will score an absolute lorryful of goals.

Would be as significant a signing as Sauzee if he stays with us, the boy could become an all time club legend. Clearly way more talented than SPL level and only going to improve.

Please let it be true :flag:

IIRC was this not the Larsson who demanded that a testimonial be written into his final contract where I believe he picked up a cool million if not more whilst money to charity amount was questioned (ie there was rumoured to be none?)
Larsson was more than well recompensed for his troubles I'm sure. A quality player none the less. But I think his testimonial even caused a hoo-hah of some of the tic support?

Pat 0-7
09-05-2013, 05:35 PM
I was told last week it was a 3 year deal but he's deffo signing!

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

:scarf:

patch1875
09-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Surely they will take up the option,why would you let a very sellable player walk away:crazy:

Pat 0-7
09-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Maybe he was getting a bit of exercise and comes from the JC school on fitness. I remember Gareth Evans saying that JC used to always do press ups during the adverts when he was watching the telly. I imagine Sparky does something similiar but it's more of a group activity!

:eek: What, he got all they lassies up the Duff at the same time???? :hug: http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

tamig
09-05-2013, 08:07 PM

Get a grip. One of the games i was at they were with their mums and one of their grans. They were in the row behind me and spent the whole time larking about. Just kids being kids but I really dont understand why folk have to take really young bairns to games.

SaulGoodman
09-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Get a grip. One of the games i was at they were with their mums and one of their grans. They were in the row behind me and spent the whole time larking about. Just kids being kids but I really dont understand why folk have to take really young bairns to games.

To give them a day out, get closer to them, get a bond with them, more supporters for the club in the future?

Would you rather have an age limit for football games? Maybe it's you that should 'get a grip'

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2013, 08:14 PM

No was going the right way to catch the 6.52 up the stairs it is.

NOLA
09-05-2013, 08:26 PM
To give them a day out, get closer to them, get a bond with them, more supporters for the club in the future?

Would you rather have an age limit for football games? Maybe it's you that should 'get a grip'
personally i wouldnt have kids under 5 at the fitba, but thats for another thread :wink:

GordonHFC
09-05-2013, 08:31 PM
No was going the right way to catch the 6.52 up the stairs it is.

Ah the good old 6.52 to Birmingham from platform 8. I Know it so well.

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Ah the good old 6.52 to Birmingham from platform 8. I Know it so well.

Me too I'm on it that often.

...WentToMowAnSPL
09-05-2013, 08:38 PM
I come on here for an update only to find we are reciting the train timetable !

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2013, 08:42 PM
I come on here for an update only to find we are reciting the train timetable !

Apologies we have gone off the rails a bit, I'll leave you to get this thread back on track.

Leishy1995
09-05-2013, 08:44 PM

Calm down mate don't have to much fun

patch1875
09-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Think this thread has hit the buffers.

robinp
09-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Apologies we have gone off the rails a bit, I'll leave you to get this thread back on track.

Its just a signal of what's to come, far too many people with too many points and a platform with which to spout pish.

Fergus52
10-05-2013, 12:10 AM

Most .netters must not post on many other forums

The Green Goblin
10-05-2013, 12:49 AM
Think this thread has hit the buffers.

At least if there are any electrical problems, we will have a Sparky who can fix them...

spike220
10-05-2013, 01:22 AM
At least if there are any electrical problems, we will have a Sparky who can fix them...

I think this thread is running out of steam now.

kevo1875
10-05-2013, 02:23 AM
Hope it gets fast tracked through quickly

Seveno
10-05-2013, 07:04 AM
I was going to add to the puns but I have lost my train of thought.

WestEndHibee
10-05-2013, 07:47 AM
I was going to add to the puns but I have lost my train of thought.

Same I was chooing over whether to reply or not but I think aisle leave it there.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-05-2013, 08:20 AM
This thread has ideas above its' station. Better to find another platform for some or the comments.

Mr White
10-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Hope we can bridge the gap in leighs wages, watching him cutting in from the wing has shown some light at the end of the tunnel from the darkness of the last few years. He's definitely a football special.

NOLA
10-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Hope we can bridge the gap in leighs wages, watching him cutting in from the wing has shown some light at the end of the tunnel from the darkness of the last few years. He's definitely a football special.

Football special :)

#FromTheCapital
10-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Hopefully the fat controller mr Petrie gets him signed on a long contract, then he can start to train properly for the final without delay under the guidance of Pat Fenlon who imo is a first class coach

Hibbyradge
10-05-2013, 09:17 AM
This thread has ideas above its' station. Better to find another platform for some or the comments.

How did you gauge that?

Derek Dougan
10-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Read all about it in The Express.

Aubenas
10-05-2013, 10:00 AM
And one for the oldie steam fans:

We should put his contract out to tender.........:offski::offski:

silverhibee
10-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Read all about it in The Express.

Do you have a link, tried looking but couldn't find anything. :aok:

SaulGoodman
10-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Do you have a link, tried looking but couldn't find anything. :aok:

Not sure if I should be going 'whooooooosh'

Or if I'm have a whoosh moment myself :greengrin

Seveno
10-05-2013, 12:03 PM
I'm told he prefers East Coast as he has lost his Virgin pass.

Ross4356
10-05-2013, 12:12 PM

I got ya but I wasn't 100% sure tbh

worcesterhibby
10-05-2013, 12:58 PM
The lot of you have gone Loco !

silverhibee
10-05-2013, 01:00 PM

:doh: :greengrin

Time For Heroes
10-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Wasn't this thread supposed to be about who Leigh would choo choose?

.Sean.
10-05-2013, 01:14 PM
We're certainly his First choice :agree:

He could easily go elsewhere but his career could be derailed by a bad move.

robinp
10-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Wasn't this thread supposed to be about who Leigh would choo choose?

If he signs Hibs would be a great PLATFORM where he could flourish and get that big move down south in the future. His ARRIVAL would also be a SIGNAL of intent from the board and a DEPARTURE from the seemingly tightness of the board!

J-C
10-05-2013, 01:46 PM
If he signs it would be 1st Class and lets hope he doesn't go off the rails.

stokesmessiah
10-05-2013, 01:53 PM
This thread is fast becoming boring...so much so i need a sleeper.

BOO ME.

Time For Heroes
10-05-2013, 02:07 PM
If he signs Hibs would be a great PLATFORM where he could flourish and get that big move down south in the future. His ARRIVAL would also be a SIGNAL of intent from the board and a DEPARTURE from the seemingly tightness of the board!

That all depends on how hard he trains...
I heard he's going east, lokomotiv Moscow apparently....

robinp
10-05-2013, 02:17 PM
That all depends on how hard he trains...
I heard he's going east, lokomotiv Moscow apparently....

More chance of him signing for Inverurie Locos.

Juice-Terry
10-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Puns: :grr:

Derek Dougan
10-05-2013, 02:21 PM
:doh: :greengrin

:greengrin :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
10-05-2013, 02:21 PM
What do you call a black man flying a plane?

A pilot, you f***ing racist.

Derek Dougan
10-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Obviously doesn't get off at Haymarket :cb

Off the bar
10-05-2013, 02:36 PM

:faf:

Pete
10-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Puns: :grr:

Enough is enough, eh?

One or two is alright but this is a VERY important matter it's getting ridiculous. People are looking for updates!

You'll toil to find a thread nowadays that doesn't contain puns or ducks.

Time For Heroes
10-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Enough is enough, eh?

One or two is alright but this is a VERY important matter it's getting ridiculous. People are looking for updates!

Calm down mate, just having a bit of a giggle. I get what you are saying but you don't have to be a Thomas The Tank about it ;0)

hibby rae
10-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Calm down mate, just having a bit of a giggle. I get what you are saying but you don't have to be a Thomas The Tank about it ;0)

I'm SIDING with him, CONDUCT yourselves properly. :devil:

#FromTheCapital
10-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Enough is enough, eh?

Thats a quacking post mate. Puns get on my ducking nerves, everyone just needs to shut their beaks.

Sorry couldn't resist :greengrin

LioNeilMessi
10-05-2013, 03:45 PM

Maybe he should start :greengrin

Tricla
10-05-2013, 04:46 PM

:greengrin

tamig
10-05-2013, 04:55 PM
personally i wouldnt have kids under 5 at the fitba, but thats for another thread :wink:

Agreed.

SaulGoodman
10-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Agreed.

So parents aren't allowed to take their sons/daughters to Hibs games anymore?

Bizarre.

silverhibee
10-05-2013, 05:50 PM
:greengrin :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

patch1875
10-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Did he come back on the mallard?

robinp
10-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Did he come back on the mallard?

I see what you did there! But as far as puns go, that's pretty fowl!

patch1875
10-05-2013, 06:17 PM
If he goes I hope he comes back for a final swan song

ekhibee
10-05-2013, 06:20 PM
IIRC was this not the Larsson who demanded that a testimonial be written into his final contract where I believe he picked up a cool million if not more whilst money to charity amount was questioned (ie there was rumoured to be none?)
Larsson was more than well recompensed for his troubles I'm sure. A quality player none the less. But I think his testimonial even caused a hoo-hah of some of the tic support?

You should also remember that Celtic got Larsson on the cheap from Feyenoord, and didn't boost his wages till well into his third season at Parkhead. He wasn't earning anything like the silly money that Rangers were forking out to their players, none of whom, with the exception of Laudrop, came anywhere near the ability that Larsson had. As far as the news/speculation about Griffiths goes, it would be absolutely brilliant news if it turns out to be true, and we could have a really good team next season with him at the front of it. Just hoping it is true and he is prepared to sign.

johnrebus
10-05-2013, 06:32 PM
I heard that he wanted to go Birmingham but has been told to go to Crewe.

West hamBERNIAN
10-05-2013, 06:55 PM
I heard that he wanted to go Birmingham but has been told to go to Crewe.

Is your source a jambo? Crewe. No.

patch1875
10-05-2013, 07:02 PM
:tumble:

tamig
10-05-2013, 07:14 PM
So parents aren't allowed to take their sons/daughters to Hibs games anymore?

Bizarre.

Bizarre?I took my daughter to her first game at 4. She was too young to appreciate it. I took her back two years later and it was much better. I took my son to his first game at 6 and at that age he was just about old enough to appreciate it. All about opimions though eh? Bizarre - I hardly think so.
One of my mates took his 3 year old to a game a couple of years ago and I dont think my mate saw more than 10 mins of the game trying to keep the wee man occupied.
Folk can do as they please. I just think kids can be too young to go to a game.
You ok with that boss?

Hibby_G
11-05-2013, 10:18 AM
i heard he might stay at hibs

ruthven_raiders
11-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Bizarre?I took my daughter to her first game at 4. She was too young to appreciate it. I took her back two years later and it was much better. I took my son to his first game at 6 and at that age he was just about old enough to appreciate it. All about opimions though eh? Bizarre - I hardly think so.
One of my mates took his 3 year old to a game a couple of years ago and I dont think my mate saw more than 10 mins of the game trying to keep the wee man occupied.
Folk can do as they please. I just think kids can be too young to go to a game.
You ok with that boss?

And some people have no choice as we don't have many babysitting options, so rather see 10mins of a live game rather than not being there ;o)