PDA

View Full Version : Sad to see Dundee relegated

GreenArmyyy!
08-05-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure how everyone else feels but I for one am disappointed to see Dundee relegated as I think they have been a breath of fresh air to the SPL this season. When we went up to Dens Park earlier this season I thought it was the best away ground atmosphere outside of the so called 'big games' as far as I can remember. I would much prefer that than a place like Paisley, Perth, Inverness etc, where you can hear a pin drop. What's everyone's thoughts?

Glory Lurker
08-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Started supporting Hibs in 79/80 season and have had a soft spot for Dundee ever since as they got relegated along with us! I even had a Dundee poster on the wall in among all my Hibs bumph when I was a young lad. 1986 was just a bonus!

Always disappointed to see them go down, although there is a diet-sevco element among the support that's sadly becoming more and more prominent and I have no sympathy for them.

Nakedmanoncrack
08-05-2013, 09:17 PM
No ill will for the club if it weren't for the utterly detestable John Brown.

monktonharp
08-05-2013, 09:22 PM
diluted diet huns, with a full blown hun at the helm

MrSmith
08-05-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm a bit sad too! One of our bigger clubs who brought a support! Will be missed unless ... :) MIKEY!

IWasThere2016
08-05-2013, 09:24 PM

I know many Catholic Dundee fans.

Agree with the OP as I have a soft spot for the Dees - always have had.

truehibernian
08-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Have to say I've always disliked Dundee since the Simon Stainrod era - then having the likes of Bonetti, the Marrs and Melville at the helm just strengthened my dislike. Horrible pokey ground, horrible street it's in, and they've mismanaged themselves badly and in turn affected countless people not once but twice. And they have a disrespectful idiot as a manager.

Albert Kidd aside I've nae time for them. Give me Firhill for thrills rather than Doomdee anyday of the week.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2013, 09:31 PM
I have liked Dundee ever since 1986, but i hate that knuckle dragging fully fledged bigot they have as a manager. If it was not the case i have a bet on the gimps to be relegated, i'd want them down too.

Spike Mandela
09-05-2013, 06:27 AM
They aren't down yet, not till the 20th anyway. :cb

Gatecrasher
09-05-2013, 06:50 AM
It's sad as they never really had a chance IMO and they ended up doing a lot better than I thought. But Don't forget, Partick are coming up next season and they are a good club as well and a good day out in Glasgow.

Sylar
09-05-2013, 07:14 AM
It's a shame for the city to be losing the Dundee derby again as the atmosphere around the place for the 4 meetings (including the Cup tie) this year was excellent (and certainly far from poisonous).

They also fought well considering they weren't equipped for life in the SPL in terms of players or finances so kudos to them.

However, it's one club I've absolutely zero love for and I'm glad to see them back where they belong.

Keith_M
09-05-2013, 07:31 AM
'we hate Jam Tarts,
and we hate Dundee'

Always thought that was a bit strange, to pick them out. I think the only reason is that it rhymes with FC. Though I do remember having a fair few scraps with them in the early 80's, so that might have influenced the words of the song.

NOLA
09-05-2013, 08:29 AM
No love for dundee, city of discovery, get there and discover its sh#t. Don't like the pehs either.

GreenArmyyy!
09-05-2013, 08:45 AM
I am not a fan of the club itself either. I just thought that the atmosphere was good compared to some of the SPL's seasoned pros.

Squealing pig
09-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Liked ravanelli at Dundee that was cool. That's about it bye bye

adhibs
09-05-2013, 08:56 AM

Exactly. Will be a loss in the sense therir far better supported than some clubs but no sympathy for them at all

Pretty Boy
09-05-2013, 10:25 AM
I'd have Partick over them any day.

weecounty hibby
09-05-2013, 08:35 PM
For some reason i'll miss the Dundee v Hearts match, brings back some happy memories. Would be happy to miss it if in fact the puddle drinkers were relegated though

Thecat23
09-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Anyone who stops Hearts winning the league on the last day of the season and causing them such grief, will forever have a place in my heart, no matter who's in charge of them.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Gonna miss the Dundee in the SPL. Was a game near to home and that's always good.

CalgaryHibs
10-05-2013, 01:33 AM
I'm not sure how everyone else feels but I for one am disappointed to see Dundee relegated as I think they have been a breath of fresh air to the SPL this season. When we went up to Dens Park earlier this season I thought it was the best away ground atmosphere outside of the so called 'big games' as far as I can remember. I would much prefer that than a place like Paisley, Perth, Inverness etc, where you can hear a pin drop. What's everyone's thoughts?

Well I"m glad to the back them, Hibs struggled against them plus they were not a premiership team.

Hibernia Na Eir
10-05-2013, 06:12 AM
nah, yer all right. I well remember their devious little support one day at our patch in late 80s/early 90s with their loyalist regalia and their sing songs.
Cheerio Dundee.

Hibernia Na Eir
10-05-2013, 06:13 AM

100% agree. see my post above.

Phil MaGlass
10-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Well I"m glad to the back them, Hibs struggled against them plus they were not a premiership team.

is there anyone we havent struggled against?

JohnStephens91
10-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Never sad to see a team relegated unless it is us. Dens Park is a decent away trip, close to Edinburgh etc etc but couldn't really care less if I'm honest.