PDA

View Full Version : Question Neil Lennon for the Everton job? (merged)

Hibby cal
08-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Talk sport saying new manager in the frame for Everton job could be
Neil Lennon or maybe Martinez.
hope it's Lennon and the paper talk upsets his plans for sc final.

jgl07
08-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Roberto Martinez without doubt.

Bishop Hibee
08-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Be better going for Michael Laudrup. That's the preferred choice of a toffees supporting mate.

Off the bar
08-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Moyes out. Fenlon in.

Bostonhibby
08-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Moyes out. Fenlon in.
Potter and Fester dream team?

CallumLaidlaw
08-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Lennon? Dear god no. Might have to drop Everton as my English side if that was the case.

Eyrie
08-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Lennon would get found out pretty quickly in the EPL.

But whoever gets the Everton job will regret it. Moyes has had them overachieving for years on a relatively meagre budget and it will be very difficult for the new man to keep them in the top half of the table.

lord bunberry
08-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Lennon would get found out pretty quickly in the EPL.

But whoever gets the Everton job will regret it. Moyes has had them overachieving for years on a relatively meagre budget and it will be very difficult for the new man to keep them in the top half of the table.

Why is it that everton spend so little they have always been a big club

Hibernia Na Eir
08-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Talk sport saying new manager in the frame for Everton job could be
Neil Lennon or maybe Martinez.
hope it's Lennon and the paper talk upsets his plans for sc final.

still think Jose will get Man U job.

weecounty hibby
08-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Please don't let it be lennon. Not sure who id want but not that classless wee fud. Good luck (in small doses) to moyes if indeed he does go to man utd, has done a great job for a great club.

Brizo
08-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Heard the Lennon to Everton rumour a while back after Moyes started to play cagey about his future. Wouldnt surprise me alhough as someone who has a soft spot for the toffees cant think of much worse. Celtc stumbled over the finishing line in a one horse race and Lennon would be found out big time down south. What price MON back to Celtc ?

If Lennons last game at Celtc was to be on the receiving end of a beating from the first to wear the green... if Carlsberg made fitba results

FromTheCapital
08-05-2013, 07:46 PM
I think Jurgen Klopp will get the Utd job. Hope not though as City are my English team and Dortmund are my German team... :rolleyes:

jonty
08-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Swally McMoist and Walter Smith

cam75
08-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Be better going for Michael Laudrup. That's the preferred choice of a toffees supporting mate.

That's what was said in talk sport good bet I think!

lyonhibs
08-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Neil Lennon???

A Premiership level manager on a relatively restricted budget??

No. Just, no.

:hilarious:hilarious

NOLA
08-05-2013, 09:11 PM
martinez is the smart choice, lennon i would imagine knows himself hes not good enough yet for a top job in england

The Harp
08-05-2013, 10:47 PM
If Lennon being tipped for the Toffees job unsettles the lesser greens in the run up to the Final then bring it on.
I hope the Goodison job won't be available though. Would love Moyes to stay put, hopefully with a bigger player budget than he's had in the past.

bathhibby
09-05-2013, 06:21 AM
All over the Radio but is it good for us ?
Unsettle Smeltik ?
Thoughts

CorrieHibs
09-05-2013, 06:25 AM
Hopefully I'm a Liverpool fan. Would love to see them weakened lol

I can see Roberto Martinez going there tbh

Vault Boy
09-05-2013, 06:32 AM
If it's all over the local media then that could effect him alone, even if it's not true. Although, I'm not sure it will have a large baring on any upcoming games.

3pm
09-05-2013, 06:40 AM
I want to win the cup as much as the next person. However, we need to - IMO - stop over analysing every little bit of info that might give us an edge.

Last year proved you can be as clever as you want (resting a team, going to Dublin) in the run up to it but if the team is not prepared properly, we'll get a hiding.

We'd be better forgetting Neil Lennon and Willie Collum and getting stuck in for the 90 mins and seeing where that takes us.

#FromTheCapital
09-05-2013, 06:52 AM
Going from David Moyes to Neil Lennon would be disastrous for Everton imo, they should be looking for better than Lennon.

Sylar
09-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Would be absolutely delighted to see Lennon leaving Scottish football. He's a toxic, bigoted little troll who continually portrays the victim at every juncture.

Jelavic and Naismith will certainly be hoping it's not true!

iwasthere1972
09-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Imagine that he'll expect a slight name change to the airport if he got them into the Champions League.

Onion
09-05-2013, 07:24 AM
I want to win the cup as much as the next person. However, we need to - IMO - stop over analysing every little bit of info that might give us an edge.

Last year proved you can be as clever as you want (resting a team, going to Dublin) in the run up to it but if the team is not prepared properly, we'll get a hiding.

We'd be better forgetting Neil Lennon and Willie Collum and getting stuck in for the 90 mins and seeing where that takes us.

Agree with this in the main, but any club unexpectedly losing their manager just before a cup final is a major development. Reasonable to ask how people think it will affect the players. IMHO any disruption to Celtics preparations is more than likely to improve Hibs chances. Just think back to when the Yams beat the Huns in the SCF. Smith's decision to leave had a huge impact on that game.

Then again, if Lennon doesn't go, it could have the opposite effect and raise Celtic's game even more :(

Liams
09-05-2013, 07:33 AM
This is a hard one for everton cause theres actually no decent standard of manager around that is a proven top 8 finisher.. Maybe the swansea manger, however i feel lennon or martinez is a huge drop! Maybe waltersmith could do a job.. I feel this will effect everton greatly regardles of who they get..

DanHFC1875
09-05-2013, 08:16 AM
This is a hard one for everton cause theres actually no decent standard of manager around that is a proven top 8 finisher.. Maybe the swansea manger, however i feel lennon or martinez is a huge drop! Maybe waltersmith could do a job.. I feel this will effect everton greatly regardles of who they get..I'm not sure why Martinez is held in such high regard. Wigan are in the bottom 3 of the Prem. Hopefully Everton take Lennonn tired of his pish.

Milandinho
09-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Imho Lennon is a poor manager who'd get found out very quickly in the EPL. Although no doubt it would be someone/everyone else's fault if he did fail.

Squealing pig
09-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Harry rednapp would be needed for Everton to keep them above Liverpool. And up there every season.

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Harry rednapp would be needed for Everton to keep them above Liverpool. And up there every season.

Harry Redknapp! No chance he's only interested in clubs where he can throw silly cash about, in some cases cash that they can ill afford to spend and never mind the consequences.

J-C
09-05-2013, 09:24 AM
martinez is the smart choice, lennon i would imagine knows himself hes not good enough yet for a top job in england

Martinez, 5 years at Wigan, continually fighting relegation and with the worst defence in the league, I wouldn't even want him at Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Martinez started the Swansea revolution, then moved to Wigan. They are a very small club in the EPL, their gates would be around 13k-14k tops without the away fans.

He is working with the smallest budget in that division and keeps them up each season (maybe not this one) playing decent football. He's no Tony Pullis thats for sure, and i personally think he'd do well at a club like Everton.

J-C
09-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Martinez started the Swansea revolution, then moved to Wigan. They are a very small club in the EPL, their gates would be around 13k-14k tops without the away fans.

He is working with the smallest budget in that division and keeps them up each season (maybe not this one) playing decent football. He's no Tony Pullis thats for sure, and i personally think he'd do well at a club like Everton.

But still sticks with that huddy Caldwell ??? defensively very naive, good going forward but at the back a nightmare.

macca70
09-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Martinez, 5 years at Wigan, continually fighting relegation and with the worst defence in the league, I wouldn't even want him at Hibs.

They start every season as favourites for relegation but he has managed to keep them up.

Now they are in the FA Cup Final for the 1st time ever.

They are basically a Championship team due to there budget but Martinez has kept them surviving in the Premiership.

7 wins in 9 games at the end of last season to keep them up, including beating Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal.

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2013, 09:43 AM
But still sticks with that huddy Caldwell ??? defensively very naive, good going forward but at the back a nightmare.

He does not still stick with Caldwell, he was only in last week because of suspensions and injuries. Caldwell has not started many games for quite a while.

J-C
09-05-2013, 09:49 AM
He does not still stick with Caldwell, he was only in last week because of suspensions and injuries. Caldwell has not started many games for quite a while.

Maybe this season but how long has Caldwell been there, he's never been EPL class, championship player at best.

I love the football Martinez plays, very attack minded, on the deck 4-3-3 style, maybe given a slightly bigger budget and better players, he may prove the doubters wrong, just think after 1 season Laudrup has shown he knows the English scene well and has an eye for a player, taking Swansea with a similar budget to Wigan to a cup win and very safe in the league.

GreenArmyyy!
09-05-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm not sure why Martinez is held in such high regard. Wigan are in the bottom 3 of the Prem. Hopefully Everton take Lennonn tired of his pish.

I completely agree with this statement, he did well to get Swansea in to the EPL playing nice football but with Wigan he has avoided relegation by the skin of his teeth each year.

Diclonius
09-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Who dares unsettle Celtic before a major game? It should be illegal. :rolleyes:

lord bunberry
09-05-2013, 10:39 AM
I completely agree with this statement, he did well to get Swansea in to the EPL playing nice football but with Wigan he has avoided relegation by the skin of his teeth each year.

I think he is a really good manager, he must have the lowest budget in the premier league and has worked miracles keeping them up each year. He has signed lots of players from the spl or the sfl who you wouldn't have thought were good enough for the premiership

Hibbyradge
09-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Fenlon to Celtic.

Sylar
09-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Fenlon to Celtic.

Put your rod away man! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Maybe this season but how long has Caldwell been there, he's never been EPL class, championship player at best.

I love the football Martinez plays, very attack minded, on the deck 4-3-3 style, maybe given a slightly bigger budget and better players, he may prove the doubters wrong, just think after 1 season Laudrup has shown he knows the English scene well and has an eye for a player, taking Swansea with a similar budget to Wigan to a cup win and very safe in the league.

I'm not going to argue that Laudrup has done a very good job in his 1st season. And i do think Wigan will finally go down, but they are in the cup final and have punched above their weight for a very long time.

Swansea will need to keep it up next season and the one after, and the ones after that. Time will tell if they can, and if Laudrup will stay or get a better job.

Broken Gnome
09-05-2013, 12:03 PM
I've seen Vitor Pereira flagged up as a possible - 14/1 at present.

NOLA
09-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Fenlon to Celtic.

Deal

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2013, 03:34 PM
I can see Everton going for someone completely off the radar, a low cost manager with potential similar to Moyes.

scuttle
09-05-2013, 03:37 PM
I can see Everton going for someone completely off the radar, a low cost manager with potential similar to Moyes.

My money is going on Gus Poyet

monteddie
09-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Unsettle Smeltik ?
Thoughts I Don't like the idea of having to hate Everton I have enjoyed them recently but no way could I ever have positive thoughts for a team managed by Lennon

--------
09-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Sure it's not DANNY Lennon?

sbell1875
09-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Unsettle Smeltik ?
Thoughts

I think it would be good for all of Scottish football. The man is a parasite.

GlenrothesHibee
09-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Shame if thats the case. I think he's doing a cracking job at St Mirren

--------
09-05-2013, 04:57 PM
'Course, it COULD be Vladimir Ilyich. He could do with a change - he's been in his present position for the last 90 years....

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA7qeYbLNUPKhjM5Pn8AC4UuifUGbAP obOJ6MugLrXEiq3Fwlf

And all because he told Trotsky, "If that chap Stalin gets my job after I'm dead, you can stuff me like a pillow and put me on display in a museum!"

ancient hibee
09-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Think I've got as good a chance as Lennon of the Everton job.

ancient hibee
09-05-2013, 05:03 PM
As it says on the tin.

Leishy1995
09-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Heard this through the grapevine

--------
09-05-2013, 05:05 PM
As it says on the tin.

Neil, Danny, or Vladimir?

Or could it be Yoko Oh-no! Lennon?

Billy Whizz
09-05-2013, 05:06 PM
As it says on the tin.

Which Lennon

--------
09-05-2013, 05:09 PM
I see they've also released Colin Nish.

SOMEBODY on this forum's gonnae want him back. :worried:

muzzhfc
09-05-2013, 05:15 PM
danny lennon - maybe, the ginger whinger - no danger. hes waiting for Moyes to retire to take over from him at United. Well, his ego will.

Gus Fring
09-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I see they've also released Colin Nish.

SOMEBODY on this forum's gonnae want him back. :worried:

Maybe Dundee will take him? He's averaging a goal every 12 games with them this season :wink:

allezsauzee
09-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Wouldn't do our Scottish Cup hopes any harm if Lennon was at least distracted with speculation and an interview at Goodison. I'm sure they'll go for an established premiership manager though. maybe Martin O'Neill

bathhibby
10-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Sky Sports have got him as odds on favourite 4/7 on !!!!

3pm
10-05-2013, 06:36 AM
It's Jim Gannon.