PDA

View Full Version : CUP FINAL TICKETS : Dreaming & Hoping

Wellbankhibby
08-05-2013, 11:48 AM
I suppose my chances are slim of getting 2 tickets for the final. I am no longer a Season ticket holder as just could not afford to renew this season. My Brother and I travel to many of the games from Dundee and it is just too costly just now. We were at last years final and sufferred the agony like all of our Fans. I would love to be at this years final as I have had a re-occurring Dream that we will win 2-0 and there will be huge celebrations at LONG LAST. Thats my dream my beloved HIBEES lifting the cup my Hope is I am there to see it. I Know its a long shot but if anyone manages to have a spare ticket or two you would make my Day. LIVING IN HOPE. GGTTH. :flag:

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Is the public sale finished?

Billy Whizz
08-05-2013, 12:04 PM
There hopefully will be a public sale within 2 weeks. Suggest you make sure your online account client ref no's are added into your network.

Borderhibbie76
08-05-2013, 12:09 PM
If u cant afford a season ticket upfront, why not take advantage of interest free payment plan??? Then u would have been guaranteed a ticket mate!!

Reaper
08-05-2013, 12:15 PM
According to the lassie in the ticket office I spoke to today we've sold 16787 tickets. Not loking good for a public sale.

clerriehibs
08-05-2013, 12:18 PM
According to the lassie in the ticket office I spoke to today we've sold 16787 tickets. Not loking good for a public sale.

I'm guessing we'll get maybe 22k in total to shift. There'll be a sale - or an affy big ballot from the dundee game!

Hermit Crab
08-05-2013, 12:21 PM

How not? That's 3 days to sell 4-5k tickets. I would think there will be a public sale.

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2013, 12:24 PM

Even if every ST holder bought 2 tickets it can't sell out. There will be a public sale.

Billy Whizz
08-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Even if every ST holder bought 2 tickets it can't sell out. There will be a public sale.

There will be a public sale, but Hibs will be daft not to have this until after the last home game v Dundee. Go to the Dundee game to go in a ballot to get tickets. Buy this stage people maybe desperate and may go along to the game!

hibIBZ
08-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Sounds like there will be a public sale with similar numbers to last year. Unsure whether there will be another ballot mainly due to the ticket office not having enough time to process a public sale and ballot in a week, but who knows

Hermit Crab
08-05-2013, 12:41 PM
There will be a public sale, but Hibs will be daft not to have this until after the last home game v Dundee. Go to the Dundee game to go in a ballot to get tickets. Buy this stage people maybe desperate and may go along to the game!

If put money on there being 200 briefs up for grabs of you go to the Dundee game.

Billy Whizz
08-05-2013, 12:46 PM
If put money on there being 200 briefs up for grabs of you go to the Dundee game.

Maybe more, I think it was 500 or so via the Pars last year

God Petrie
08-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Why bother with a public sale. Just put the remainder into a a ballot for the Dundee game and ensure a bumper crowd. Might as well get folk to buy a Dundee ticket if they won't buy a season ticket.

Billy Whizz
08-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Why bother with a public sale. Just put the remainder into a a ballot for the Dundee game and ensure a bumper crowd. Might as well get folk to buy a Dundee ticket if they won't buy a season ticket.

What a great idea. Hibs get an extra £22 or so for every ticket sold!!!

GreenCastle
08-05-2013, 12:54 PM
I would make it - if you buy a ticket for the Dundee game you get a ticket for the final - simple.

I'm a ST holder and wouldn't be bothered -more fans at ER and a chance to give walk ups a chance.

Obviously wary of any Celtic fans doing this though to get tickets.

Think they will stick with ballot though.

dp00
08-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Why not scrap public sale and everyone who walks up to dundee game is guarenteed a ticket... guarenteed sell out

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Spender
08-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Have heard that the arrangements for allocating tickets has not been the most stringent, I know of a couple of guys who got 1 x tickets for their ST from last season and when they renewed on a separate day they were allowed to purchase a further 2 x tickets each.

If this is the case it will have an impact on the public sale for walk ups.

ps By no means am I having a go at the ticket office, merely making an observation.

hibIBZ
08-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Surely there wouldn't be enough tickets left to allow everybody that walks up to the Dundee game, would have to be some control

dp00
08-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Tgere allowed the odd mistake

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

GreenCastle
08-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Surely there wouldn't be enough tickets left to allow everybody that walks up to the Dundee game, would have to be some control

First come 1st served - open up ER early and get some fans in the ground.

Basically would mean playing 28 quid plus 22 quid match ticket = cup final ticket for 50 quid - not a bad deal for fans.

WestEndHibee
08-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Have heard that the arrangements for allocating tickets has not been the most stringent, I know of a couple of guys who got 1 x tickets for their ST from last season and when they renewed on a separate day they were allowed to purchase a further 2 x tickets each.

ps By no means am I having a go at the ticket office, merely making an observation.

Yeh i could see this happening. no reflection on the standard of the ticket office but I imagine under the pressure of an almost all male queue getting restless after a few hours wait it can be quite stressful and mistakes will be made. I don't think it would be the norm as there would be a bit of an uproar once word spread.

haagsehibby
08-05-2013, 01:19 PM
First come 1st served - open up ER early and get some fans in the ground.

Basically would mean playing 28 quid plus 22 quid match ticket = cup final ticket for 50 quid - not a bad deal for fans.

And you get to see a free flowing, silky game of football v Dundee :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
08-05-2013, 01:26 PM
If this is the case what is the best way to get it sorted?

a) advise the ticket office to check & address as necessary
b) advise on Hibs.net and publicise the "loop-hole" (the confirmation and extent of which has not been determined) potentially exacerbating the problem.

deeks01
08-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Question here - if the general sale applies the same rules as last year (2 per database reference) can I use my own to purchase mine & my dads and my mates to purchase his & his sisters? Or vice versa? I'll be working if it is a weekday & quite frankly I doubt I'll be able to get through so we figured 2 of us trying was better than 1 half arsed attempt each. I'm getting a season ticket next season now I'm close enough to Edinburgh for travel to ER to be viable but I won't have it bought before the sale or I'd be overdrawn. I could only get one ticket anyway & wouldn't dream of going to a cup final without the old man! Still regular hibbying next season sounds grand! Ticket would just be the icing on the cake so trying to maximise my chances! (& yes I'm sure I'll make it to the Dundee game ;)) GGTTH Peace & Love yadda yadda.

IWasThere2016
08-05-2013, 01:57 PM
... We were at last years final and sufferred the agony like all of our Fans. I would love to be at this years final as I have had a re-occurring Dream that we will win 2-0 and there will be huge celebrations at LONG LAST. Thats my dream my beloved HIBEES lifting the cup my Hope is I am there to see it. I Know its a long shot but if anyone manages to have a spare ticket or two you would make my Day. LIVING IN HOPE. GGTTH. :flag:

I'm in a similar boat neighbour - and relying on a public sale. I believe there will be one - only for a few hundred tickets though.

derekHFC
08-05-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm in a similar boat neighbour - and relying on a public sale. I believe there will be one - only for a few hundred tickets though.

Nae free hospitality G :greengrin

LioNeilMessi
08-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Lump all the remaining tickets into the Dundee game. Money to be made there so why not, although I would reduce the admission price to £15/£5 like they did last year :agree:

People who live far away/work can always persuade a mate to go along on their behalf :greengrin

Let's give the lads a good send off to the final.
:flag:

adhibs
08-05-2013, 02:10 PM
If there going to do buy a dundee ticket and guarantee a final one it has to be for people on the database only

hibIBZ
08-05-2013, 02:19 PM
If there going to do buy a dundee ticket and guarantee a final one it has to be for people on the database only

said this on another thread, would encourage Celtic fans and touts if not set up properly, as buying from a ticket pod means you don't need to be on the database

marinello59
08-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Lump all the remaining tickets into the Dundee game. Money to be made there so why not, although I would reduce the admission price to £15/£5 like they did last year :agree:

People who live far away/work can always persuade a mate to go along on their behalf :greengrin

Let's give the lads a good send off to the final.
:flag:

So Hibs should provide an incentive which should be good enough on its own to attend a match.................but also reduce prices because that is always the answer?

ELHibee
08-05-2013, 02:51 PM
As of 10.30 this morning there was 1 ticket left for the north stand according to the ticket office.

speedy_gonzales
08-05-2013, 02:51 PM

Without knowing how prevalent the problem is, or whether it's a one off, it's hard to judge the TO staff, but I do know they buckle under concerted pressure.
Last year I got the 4 tickets me and my dad(renewed ST's) were entitled to, but he still plodded along a few days later to get his 'other 2' he thought was entitled to for a couple of guys that live in North America. We ended up getting 6 instead of 4. I wasn't best pleased with him considering the stooshie we had here and on the bounce.
Fast forward this year, I let him use his allocation for 2 tickets, 1 for him, 1 for me, I have no plans to give my spare to anyone this year as I'd rather that all 'spares' went to a public sale to give everyone a fair shout. A few days later and a telephone call from North America, dad is back down the TO getting another 2 tickets, not under my allocation, but his, AGAIN!
Maybe the secret is to be a doddery old git hitting 70 with a habit of shouting louder than you can hear!

Green Reaper
08-05-2013, 02:58 PM
As of 10.30 this morning there was 1 ticket left for the north stand according to the ticket office.

just got 2 via my ballot ticket, couldn't get 2 together in north or south, had to get one behind other above tunnel

LioNeilMessi
08-05-2013, 03:27 PM
So Hibs should provide an incentive which should be good enough on its own to attend a match.................but also reduce prices because that is always the answer?

Yup, who knows, it could encourage those sorted with final tickets to come and watch Hibs play their last game regardless of the ballot:thumbsup:

marinello59
08-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Yup, who knows, it could encourage those sorted with final tickets to come and watch Hibs play their last game regardless of the ballot:thumbsup:

So Season Tickets become further devalued to reward people who couldn't normally be arsed going to the game but have cup final tickets?

Beefster
08-05-2013, 04:00 PM
So Season Tickets become further devalued to reward people who couldn't normally be arsed going to the game but have cup final tickets?

See if I didn't have a ST, I'd man the **** up, acknowledge that ST holders deserve all the wee perks they get and accept that I might not get a cup final ticket because I don't invest in the club on a regular enough basis. Unfortunately, there are a lot of folk who don't share my opinion.

LioNeilMessi
08-05-2013, 04:33 PM

I can honestly say I don't mind tickets being reduced by £7 for one match. If it happened on a regular basis then yes I would be upset/want a reduction in ST price but I don't think it does? Obviously I'm not claiming to voice the opinion of every other ST holder :greengrin

I'm just thinking back to the Dunfermline game last year and that was a brilliant atmosphere and IIRC that was £5 for students to get in, albeit it was a week night fixture.

marinello59
08-05-2013, 04:58 PM
I can honestly say I don't mind tickets being reduced by £7 for one match. If it happened on a regular basis then yes I would be upset/want a reduction in ST price but I don't think it does? Obviously I'm not claiming to voice the opinion of every other ST holder :greengrin

I'm just thinking back to the Dunfermline game last year and that was a brilliant atmosphere and IIRC that was £5 for students to get in, albeit it was a week night fixture.

I see the logic in trying to boost attendance by giving walk ups the chance to get cup final tickets. I fail to see the logic in also reducing prices though. It just doesn't make sense. The club won't see any benefit from the extra numbers if they do that.

IWasThere2016
08-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Nae free hospitality G :greengrin

Of course - but have others to think about too :wink: :greengrin

DH1875
08-05-2013, 09:33 PM
See if I didn't have a ST, I'd man the **** up, acknowledge that ST holders deserve all the wee perks they get and accept that I might not get a cup final ticket because I don't invest in the club on a regular enough basis. Unfortunately, there are a lot of folk who don't share my opinion.

I wonder what folk would do if we had 15k ST holders and no tickets for walk ups. Reckon there will be a public sale but people will be surprised as think it'll only be about 2k.

hibs4thecup1988
09-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Hibs have already reduced prices for dundee to 20/10. They won't reduce them further and why should they? 20 quid for a chance of a cup final ticket...for everyone on threads begging it should guarantee a sell out. We saw what it done for St mirren and aberdeen games though, huh?

higgy0418
09-05-2013, 03:55 PM
The original statement from hibs said the priority window for season ticket holders ends 11th may, this Saturday. Does that mean general sale will start Monday?

Billy Whizz
09-05-2013, 04:16 PM
The original statement from hibs said the priority window for season ticket holders ends 11th may, this Saturday. Does that mean general sale will start Monday?

No unfortunately. No decision on public sale yet

Kaff
09-05-2013, 04:32 PM

Totally agree.
Location means i spend about £1500 on my approx 5 games per season, unfortunately Hibs see a very small amount of this money and it would be madness if they prioritised supporters like me. What helps make games exciting is the crowd and it must be people who can attend regularily that get the benefits.
I'm hoping for a similar general sale as last year, i don't think they should lump all the tickets into a ballot, again similar to last year no problem lets try and boost the gate for Dundee game.

Fingers crossed anyway!:aok: