PDA

View Full Version : Gary Caldwell

Ianhibee
07-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Always been a liability - gave away the crucial goal for wigan tonight.....

Tynie01011973
07-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Typical of him - plays good ball for James McCarthy to put them 2-1 up and 5 mins later gives away shocker of a pass to let Swansea make it 2-2

:rolleyes:

tamig
07-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Hes a shocking defender. Always has been.

Big Sexy Dave
07-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Always been overrated, I honestly wouldn't swap Hanlon or Mcpake for him.

flash
07-05-2013, 10:38 PM

I would.

DH1875
07-05-2013, 10:48 PM
I would.

Me too. Don't get the amount of stick he gets. Was a good player for us :agree:.

cam75
07-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Talk sport done the dreaded"Caldwell has been involved in both goals and looks good" they think its all over :-)

Hibbyradge
07-05-2013, 11:18 PM

lol

Stringer
07-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Me too. Don't get the amount of stick he gets. Was a good player for us :agree:.

He scored against us at Easter road then kissed the sellick badge. Judas.

nonshinyfinish
07-05-2013, 11:31 PM
I quite like Gary Caldwell.

Craig_in_Prague
07-05-2013, 11:37 PM
Awful defender. Sad state of affairs that he's 1st pick for Scotland.

What happened to good Scottish defenders?

Stringer
07-05-2013, 11:46 PM
I quite like Gary Caldwell.

Troll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYu2CI_Tbfg

celebrates in front of the hibs fans

nonshinyfinish
07-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Troll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYu2CI_Tbfg

celebrates in front of the hibs fans

Another cracking performance from Makalambay.

In all seriousness though, what does Caldwell do there to inflame your ire? Waves his hands a wee bit, in the vicinity of some fans who've probably been gleefully singing about someone who's not him shağging his wife. Crime of the century, it is not.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-05-2013, 12:04 AM

Did you forget the smiley?

rainman
08-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Used to hate that big diagonal ball he'd fire out to the wing. He would ping it then strut about thinking he was Sauzee.

He has a Lego man haircut.

Stringer
08-05-2013, 01:08 AM

In all seriousness though, what does Caldwell do there to inflame your ire? Waves his hands a wee bit, in the vicinity of some fans who've probably been gleefully singing about someone who's not him shağging his wife. Crime of the century, it is not.

He puts his hands up to his ears and tells them to shhhh. Unacceptable.

ChooseLife
08-05-2013, 04:45 AM
Caldwell is terrible, he tugs shirts due to his lack of skill, i can think of at least 4-5 CBs I'd have in the Scotland team before him.

IWasThere2016
08-05-2013, 05:52 AM
I'm sure we lost something like an average of 2.2 goals per game when he played.

Golden Bear
08-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Like any other player, he's not perfect but to say he's rubbish, is quite frankly, "rubbish."

brog
08-05-2013, 07:20 AM

Yep, 100 Premiership games, 55 Scotland caps, Scotland POTY, over 100 games & 4 trophies with Celtc. Not Hibs class !!!

lyonhibs
08-05-2013, 07:38 AM
He puts his hands up to his ears and tells them to shhhh. Unacceptable.

One can only assume you have had a chronic humour bypass or the above post is missing a smiley.

I was at that game, and took great delight in singing all manner of songs calling the late-night activities of Ms Caldwell into question. Thus, was I surprised or morally outraged when he gave a wee bit of stick back - errr, no.

And as for whomever claimed they would rather have Hanlon or McPake over Caldwell, do us a favour. Caldwell may not be the Beckenbauer he likes to think he is, but he would stroll, dander or otherwise perambulate in a leisurely fashion into this Hibs starting line-up.

jdships
08-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Like any other player, he's not perfect but to say he's rubbish, is quite frankly, "rubbish."

:agree:
I would rather say " Of limited talent but plays to the best of his ability ' which is ????????????????
:wink:

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2013, 08:27 AM
He might not be EPL standard, but i'd take him over any of our central defenders or right backs.

Stevie Reid
08-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Last night certainly showed the best and worst of him, but anyone who suggests that he wasn't at the very least a decent player for us is a poor judge of a player IMO.

lord bunberry
08-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Last night certainly showed the best and worst of him, but anyone who suggests that he wasn't at the very least a decent player for us is a poor judge of a player IMO.

I thought he was great for us when he played in midfield

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2013, 08:38 AM
I find this site hilarious at times, i remember when we were supposed to be interested in his brother. 99% of posters were saying what a good signing he'd be, yet he's half the player Gary is?

He's not perfect, he's been an arse to us, but he was a very good SPL standard player.

ian cruise
08-05-2013, 08:57 AM
I thought he was great for us when he played in midfield

Agree. Defensive midfield is his best position where he can play safe in the knowledge there's cover behind him.

easty
08-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Caldwell is a good player, there a load of centre halfs in the EPL who are worse than he is, and if he wasn't Scottish we wouldn't give him nearly as much stick (by we I mean Scotland as a nation, not Hibs fans in particular). He does have a problem in that he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is, which can get him into bother, as it did last night. At the 2nd Swansea goal he clearly tries to play the ball into the feet of the centre mid but mucks it up completely and it cost them the goal.

hibby rae
08-05-2013, 09:07 AM

Was that not the game where he'd just been caught with a Rangers cheerleader?

"What's it like to **** a Hun?"

Bristolhibby
08-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Norway v Scotland is Caldwell in a nutshell.

Caldwell too tight on the lumbering Karew. If he had given a little space he would have mopped the ball up. Instead he has to pull his jersey.

34 mins Oh no. Gary Caldwell is sent off. A second yellow in two minutes, this time for pulling Carew's shirt. He's a bit unlucky there- it was soft. Carew had got the wrong side of him but he wasn't getting the ball. Huge blow for the Scots.

36 mins GOAL FOR NORWAY!!! And that's really a massive blow now. Free kick from the Caldwell foul is hoofed towards the wall and takes a deflection that sends it flashing past Marshall.

JimBHibees
08-05-2013, 10:42 AM
I would.

:agree: In a flash. :greengrin

Aldo
08-05-2013, 10:59 AM
He might not be EPL standard, but i'd take him over any of our central defenders or right backs.

I would have to agree with this. He would easily walk into our team.