PDA

View Full Version : Collum to Ref the Final

Titch
07-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Willie Collum

WestEndHibee
07-05-2013, 04:06 PM
William Collum will referee Scottish football’s showpiece match for the first time when he takes charge of this season’s William Hill Scottish Cup final between Hibernian and Celtic.

In a first for Scottish football, additional assistant referees will support William and his assistant referees with decision making in and around the penalty area at Hampden Park on Saturday, 26th May.

Read more: http://bit.ly/18rKDEP

WestEndHibee
07-05-2013, 04:08 PM
William Collum will referee Scottish football’s showpiece match for the first time when he takes charge of this season’s William Hill Scottish Cup final between Hibernian and Celtic.

In a first for Scottish football, additional assistant referees will support William and his assistant referees with decision making in and around the penalty area at Hampden Park on Saturday, 26th May.

Interesting that there will be baseline officials. Should give LG more confidence when smacking free kicks in from 40 yards!

clerriehibs
07-05-2013, 04:08 PM

Like they [additional assistant referees] have been super effective in any game I've seen so far ... :rolleyes:

Franck Stanton
07-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Really bad ref, REALLY bad, however, a vast improvement on last years one. [at least he is - usually- terrible to both sides].

WestEndHibee
07-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Really bad ref, REALLY bad, however, a vast improvement on last years one. [at least he is - usually- terrible to both sides].

:agree:
We've stepped from "biased and incompetent" to just "incompetent".

Pretty Boy
07-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Best of a bad bunch imo. Not that that is sayingmuch really.

The Celtc fans really hate him though so anything that annoys them is fine by me.

Argylehibby
07-05-2013, 04:21 PM

Might mean you have to be in the penalty box when fouled to be awarded a penalty, or maybe not.

Lofarl
07-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Was it not Collum who refereed our game V Dumfy at the end of last season? The one where we got a rather dubious penalty and Paul Hanlons "goal"? If so then he's a good choice. Can't be any worse than that tit Thomson.

Green Fish
07-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Guess who subjected Collum to tirade of foul abuse in front of his family after last years league cup final. Hope this comes back to haunt you Mr Lennon!

Aldo
07-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Collum defo best of a bad bunch and tbh if I was to choose one I think it would be him.

neilmartinrocks
07-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Collum defo best of a bad bunch and tbh if I was to choose one I think it would be him.

Games too important tae be left tae they bams......get the polish refs back for this!!:greengrin

adhibs
07-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Is this the boy the jambos acuse of being a hibee?

neilmartinrocks
07-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Is this the boy the jambos acuse of being a hibee?

Aye right after the Dunferline game if i mind right
"dodgy penalty, never over the line, every 50/50 he must be a hobo":confused:
But Thomson is a great ref? ****ers!!

Hibs07p
07-05-2013, 05:23 PM
He was the ref in our semi last year V the sheep. I thought he had a good game.
GGTTH

weecounty hibby
07-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Not excited about this but on the bright side not enraged as i was last year. The lesser greens seem to dislike him so that'll do me

SaulGoodman
07-05-2013, 05:25 PM
I quite like him..

Mr White
07-05-2013, 05:38 PM
yes he's made some bad decisions (the two against us in derbies this season that resulted in retro cards for templeton and stevenson for example) but he tries to let things flow and keep his cards in his pocket as much as possible and doesn't try to make himself the centre of attention like brines or thompson. would have been happy enough with callum murray but i'm glad its collum TBH, as stated above he's the best of a bad bunch.

(((Fergus)))
07-05-2013, 05:48 PM
I'd just like to put it on record that Mr Collum is one of the finest officials in the game today, cruelly underrated and surely destined for great things at UEFA/FIFA level. His past treatment by Celtic employees and "supporters" was absolutely shameful, not least because it was so unwarranted.

Frank Moon
07-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Happy with the appointment. My mates on the line too so delighted for him

Stringer
07-05-2013, 05:53 PM
The linesman are the key. They had a bombscare in the Dortmund v Malaga game. For the winning goal 4 dortmund players were offside.

Scottish officials are all sub standard.

Duffys13
07-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Happy with the appointment. My mates on the line too so delighted for him#

Can he be "got" at???

PeterboroHibee
07-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Collum is a dreadful referee. At least it isnt Thomson though.

adhibs
07-05-2013, 06:25 PM
#

Can he be "got" at???

:greengrin was just thinking the same.

WestEndHibee
07-05-2013, 06:37 PM
#

Can he be "got" at???

:greengrin

O'Rourke3
07-05-2013, 06:56 PM
He was the ref in our semi last year V the sheep. I thought he had a good game.
GGTTH

This :agree:

hfc rd
07-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Full list of officials for the final:-

Referee - Willie Collum
Linesmen - Willie Conquer and Martin Cryans
Fourth Official - Alan Mulvanny
Goal Line Assistants - John Beaton and Bobby Madden

erin go bragh
07-05-2013, 08:03 PM

In a first for Scottish football, additional assistant referees will support William and his assistant referees with decision making in and around the penalty area at Hampden Park on Saturday, 26th May.:cb

The games on sunday 27th :cb
He has to be better than the cheat imo

ggtth

Speedway
07-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Clancy (Kevin) is the best ref I've seen this season.

Pretty Boy
07-05-2013, 08:23 PM

Referee - Willie Collum
Goal Line Assistants - John Beaton and Bobby Madden

Willie Conquer is a massive hun.

He won't want either of us to win but might just prefer us.

Aldo
07-05-2013, 08:24 PM

As long as he's FAIR unlike that total and utter arse last season then I'll be happy

monktonharp
07-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Collum defo best of a bad bunch and tbh if I was to choose one I think it would be him.:agree:this

nonshinyfinish
07-05-2013, 08:54 PM
#

Can he be "got" at???

I think the perfect way to win the Holy Grail would be if one of the linesmen decided not to flag Leigh offside, before dropping his flag and tearing down the wing and into the box, where he volleys Leigh's cross into the top corner.

The Green Brigade quickly stitch together a banner saying 'it's not paranoia when it's really happening'.

Leith is like Woodstock for the rest of the summer.

*drifts off into silent reverie*

Waxy
07-05-2013, 08:59 PM

Referee - Willie Collum
Goal Line Assistants - John Beaton and Bobby MaddenWillie Conquer.So if Gollum gives a penalty then Willie conquer? or willie no.Sound a right indecisive dude.and the rest of them cryan,beaton,madden.What a happy bunch that lot sound.At least Wilie Gollum will be only dude alive who saw us last win the cup.

Hibercelona
07-05-2013, 09:11 PM
They're as well leaving the goal line assistants out completely. They aren't there to do anything.

Jonnyboy
07-05-2013, 09:16 PM
The games on sunday 27th :cb
He has to be better than the cheat imo

ggtth

Sunday the 26th actually :wink:

HoboHarry
07-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Willie Collum is for me the best referee in Scotland by a country mile. In spite of all the frothing at the mouth about the quality of refereeing in this country, there really is no big difference in general terms from what it was years ago. What we do lack is a figurehead referee - the type who is regarded as a world wide stand-out perhaps in the mould of Brian McGinlay or even, dare I say it, Hugh Dallas. Ask the fans in any country - for the most part they will think that theirs are the worst in the world. What I do find interesting is that at a time when our national game has suffered in terms of quality and we really have no genuine world class players - we also lack a world class referee. Is that a coincidence?

Speedway
07-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Willie Collum is one of the finest officiators that the world and history of association football has had the pleasure to witness. He's right up there with Collina for technical expertise.

I trust him implicitly to officiate with integrity and even-handedness.

Here's to you Mr. Referee! Everyone at Hibernian wishes you your finest match and all the UEFA career progression you would wish for yourself.

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Is Madden the one that missed LGs goal in the last derby?

He's due us a big one...

nonshinyfinish
07-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Willie Collum is one of the finest officiators that the world and history of association football has had the pleasure to witness. He's right up there with Collina for technical expertise.

I trust him implicitly to officiate with integrity and even-handedness.

Here's to you Mr. Referee! Everyone at Hibernian wishes you your finest match and all the UEFA career progression you would wish for yourself.

Willie Collum, you're the love of my life!
Willie Collum, I'd let you shağ my wife!
(assuming she was onside, you big glaikit Specsavers prick. :grr:)

3pm
08-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Doesnae matter who the ref is.

hibeeswph
08-05-2013, 06:49 AM

Willie conquer is a jambo I grew up with him

Hermit Crab
08-05-2013, 07:07 AM

This!!

If its meant to be then we will win it.

Green Fish
08-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Willie conquer is a jambo I grew up with him

Spot on, Willie Conquer is a good friend of mine, has as leaning towards them. Nobodies perfect but he and his team are far too professional to let this affect any outcome. As i earlier postrd on this thread Mr Lennon isn't too good at relations with refs.

JimBHibees
08-05-2013, 02:09 PM

Wish I could believe that, last seasons final showed exactly the impact a ref can make to a game.

overdrive
08-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Surprised Beaton is allowed to be involved if the rule about no refs that were involved in the semis being allowed to be involved in the final is true. He refereed extra time in our semi.

overdrive
08-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Clancy (Kevin) is the best ref I've seen this season.

Was he not the ref for the goal that never was in the Derby? Granted the linesman needs to take most of the blame for that

truehibernian
08-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Calum Murray is the best ref in Scotland for me - players seem to all like him too and he is the most consistent I've seen for years.

Steven McLean is a lovely lad (weekend ref) - very likeable and humble when you chat to him. Was apparently quite a good footballer but his brother made it further in the game.

3pm
08-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Wish I could believe that, last seasons final showed exactly the impact a ref can make to a game.

Of course.

However, we need to ditch the paranoia and just get stuck in.

monktonharp
08-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Of course.

However, we need to ditch the paranoia and just get stuck in.just because we suffer from it, disnae mean they're no oot tae get us:wink:

Speedway
08-05-2013, 11:18 PM

Having the proclaimers reffing wouldn't have changed the outcome or even possibly scoreline of that game.

Titch
09-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Having the proclaimers reffing wouldn't have changed the outcome or even possibly scoreline of that game.

I get what your saying however if I was reffing THAT game black would have been off inside five minutes so every chance it would have been changed

JimBHibees
09-05-2013, 08:46 AM

We probably would have lost however a man off in 10 mins or so changes the game massively as it would have in the 3 or so other derbies when the Yams have not had a player sent off when they should have 2 of which were in the first half.

Posh Swanny
09-05-2013, 09:31 AM

I keep seeing that on here but how many times have you seen a game absolutely dominated by one team only for the other to get lucky and pop up with a late winner/equaliser. Last year EVERYTHING went in Hearts favour - no card for Black, a deflected 2nd goal, a harsh first booking for Kujabi, a shocking penalty decision and subsequent second yellow for Kujabi. Yes they battered us but they also got a massive rub of the green. On another day that would have been 1-1 and 11 vs 11 going into the last 20 minutes and the Jambos would have been ****ting it because of all the missed opportunites. Hibs were humpty, but they weren't given a chance to stay in the game.