PDA

View Full Version : Europa League Final - Ticket Allocation

hibsbollah
03-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Chelsea have been given just 9,800 tickets for the Europa Cup Final v Benfica at the 48,000 Amsterdam Arena. Only 40% of the tickets going to fans of the two teams:dunno: Viagogo, Chelsea's 'official ticketing partner' ie-not a touting site- is selling the tickets online, prices going up to £2,500.

Scandalous, but we should be grateful for the enlightened people who run the Scottish domestic game that our cup final allocation is a bit more equitable:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Chelsea have been given just 9,800 tickets for the Europa Cup Final v Benfica at the 48,000 Amsterdam Arena. Only 40% of the tickets going to fans of the two teams:dunno: Viagogo, Chelsea's 'official ticketing partner' ie-not a touting site- is selling the tickets online, prices going up to £2,500.

Scandalous, but we should be grateful for the enlightened people who run the Scottish domestic game that our cup final allocation is a bit more equitable:greengrin

It is difficult when you support a large, successful team, these problems always occur around Finals....To receive only 20% of tickets, is a huge problem, unless you have a large disposable income, and can afford going via Viagogo....

Macaroon
03-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Amsterdam ArenA is actually closer to 52,000. Absolutely ridiculous tbh. Why should the fans of the clubs that have earned their place in the final be punished? Let the neutrals pay the astronomical prices.

CB_NO3
03-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Amsterdam ArenA is actually closer to 52,000. Absolutely ridiculous tbh. Why should the fans of the clubs that have earned their place in the final be punished? Let the neutrals pay the astronomical prices.
48,000 for this game but. 4k seats getting used for advertising apparently.

Hibercelona
03-05-2013, 04:17 PM
I'd be outraged by this.

But because it's Chelsea, i'll make an exception and have a wee chuckle about it. :agree:

frazeHFC
03-05-2013, 04:22 PM
I'd be outraged by this.

But because it's Chelsea, i'll make an exception and have a wee chuckle about it. :agree:

:agree: :greengrin

Talking of allocations, i am not sure how many Dortmund will get but they had 100,000 applications in the first day!

hibsbollah
03-05-2013, 04:26 PM
:agree: :greengrin

Talking of allocations, i am not sure how many Dortmund will get but they had 100,000 applications in the first day!

They get allocated 24,000. 250,000 applications from Dortmund 'fans' in the first 24 hours (I'm slightly sceptical to be honest:hmmm:).

Almost Heart of Midlothian-esque support.

Biggie
03-05-2013, 04:31 PM
They get allocated 24,000. 250,000 applications from Dortmund 'fans' in the first 24 hours (I'm slightly sceptical to be honest:hmmm:).

Almost Heart of Midlothian-esque support.

Dortmund could only dream of being as big as hearts.....

NAE NOOKIE
03-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Not surprised to hear that TBH ... UEFA must ensure that the corporate big wigs TV competition winners and various hangers on get their full allocation of tickets for the Amsterdam arena and Wembley.

Look at the SC final ... 40,000 tickets between both clubs in a 52,000 capacity stadium ..... would love to see a breakdown of what happens to the other 12,000 tickets ... I'm aware there are debenture holders .... but not 12,000 thats for sure.

As for Dortmund's 250,000 requests for tickets. Totally believable from a club who get 80,000 for home games I would think.

Anyway ............ The peoples game my arse!

Alex Trager
03-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Not surprised to hear that TBH ... UEFA must ensure that the corporate big wigs TV competition winners and various hangers on get their full allocation of tickets for the Amsterdam arena and Wembley.

Look at the SC final ... 40,000 tickets between both clubs in a 52,000 capacity stadium ..... would love to see a breakdown of what happens to the other 12,000 tickets ... I'm aware there are debenture holders .... but not 12,000 thats for sure.

As for Dortmund's 250,000 requests for tickets. Totally believable from a club who get 80,000 for home games I would think.

Anyway ............ The peoples game my arse!

Well i know for a fact that 2 of these tickets have been applied for are real, as i have applied for them.
The two teams are to get 24.2K each say 10K for gen public and then the rest to sponsors and all that guff. This is shocking, also the lowest price for a ticket is 75 euros, twenty euros more buys you the cheapest season ticket at the signal iduna park...

DC_Hibs
03-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Viagogo are no better than ebay. Lots of german fans protesting about their clubs entering into partnership with them. I've had to use them a few times for German games when making a late decision to go and I've paid well over the odds most times and the fees and postage are OTT also.

As for Dortmund, considering their old firm-esque fans are up and down the length of Germany its no surprise they have so many applications. Every 2nd week the gloryhunters are buying up home end tickets for league games, much like the team who blew them away in the Bundesliga.

They should sell to local postcodes to stop that lot and the fitba tourists the world over who are now starting a Dortmund w.@nkfest bandwagon not seen since Barca were the cuddly toy of the TV fan worldwide.

25000 fans behind the goal, yellow wall, amazing, yadda yadda. Seen a lot better fans in Germany and other countries than them.

Yip, against modern football (but still loving old firm type clubs in other countries and paying for sky!!!!)

Jones28
03-05-2013, 11:41 PM
4000 seats have gone to advertising hoardings. Nothing more about uefa needs said, it sums them up totally.

DH1875
04-05-2013, 12:12 AM
I'm confused. Are Dortmund having a public sale? Surely they've got more than 25k ST holders :confused:.

Nothing new that there isn't enough tickets to go around for the big games. Every year there is a debate here because the cup final is split 50/50 yet both infirm teams have at least x4 the amount of ST holders than anyone else.

green&left
04-05-2013, 07:01 AM
I'm confused. Are Dortmund having a public sale? Surely they've got more than 25k ST holders :confused:.

Nothing new that there isn't enough tickets to go around for the big games. Every year there is a debate here because the cup final is split 50/50 yet both infirm teams have at least x4 the amount of ST holders than anyone else.

Thats not the point though is it? The point the OP is making is that only around 35% of the full stadium capacity is going to actual fans of the clubs, with the remaining seats being taken away for advertising and given to corporates/neutrals.

NAE NOOKIE
04-05-2013, 07:56 PM
4000 seats have gone to advertising hoardings. Nothing more about uefa needs said, it sums them up totally.

That is an utter disgrace.

Sir David Gray
04-05-2013, 08:05 PM

That is absolutely shocking.

To have just under 10% of your capacity unavailable for supporters because you're filling those seating areas with advertising boards is just deplorable.

DAVE1875
04-05-2013, 08:37 PM
No wonder Chelsea fans switched allegiances to Man City :rolleyes: :tee hee:

Hibernia Na Eir
04-05-2013, 09:00 PM
still some good subbutteo teams left.....

Sylar
07-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Quite staggered to read that Chelsea (and Benfica) will only each receive 9800 tickets out of a 48k seater stadium allocation each for their own fans with the remaining tickets going to neutral fans or dignitaries.

UEFA are standing firm on their decision to deny Chelsea any further tickets for the Europa League final against Benfica on May 15.

The Chelsea Supporters Trust were "dismayed" by the allocation of 9,800 in the 48,000-capacity Amsterdam ArenA, with the majority of tickets going to neutral fans and the 'UEFA family.'

The organisation added that therefore "tens of thousands" of Blues fans would be unable to attend the competition's showpiece event despite travelling to places as far afield as the Ukraine, Russia and Romania to watch their team earlier in the campaign.

But UEFA have stuck by their policy, which reads: "In line with UEFA's policy to promote the competition among the general public, a total of 38,000 tickets, representing 79% of the net stadium capacity of 48,000, will go to the supporters of the two finalist teams and to neutral fans.

"Out of this allocation, the two finalist teams will receive a total of 20,000 tickets - 10,000 each - for distribution among their supporters.

"A significant allocation - 30% of these tickets - has been made available in category four, ensuring as wide as possible access to the match for the finalist clubs' fans."

The Chelsea Supporters Trust now predicts that the Dutch capital will become flooded by fans without tickets, adding: "As many as 30,000 Chelsea supporters could make the trip to Amsterdam regardless of whether they have tickets, and we fear many will feel compelled to deal with ticket touts.

"This means that cash-strapped supporters who have already paid significant amounts of money this season following the team from Newcastle to Japan may well end up paying hundreds if not thousands of pounds for a ticket.

"These occasions seem to be seen not as occasions for the normal supporter, but a celebration for the higher echelons of football and the wealthy, some of whom will sell their tickets on to people who actually want to go to the game, just to make a quick profit.

"Furthermore, the large corporate and neutral presence in Amsterdam will take the edge off the atmosphere of what will be Chelsea's second European final in as many years."

AllyF
07-05-2013, 11:58 AM
That's appalling.

Keith_M
07-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I think there's already a thread on this.

easty
07-05-2013, 12:07 PM
it should be one ticket for season ticket holders, and 2 if you're renewing for next season.

Sylar
07-05-2013, 12:12 PM
I think there's already a thread on this.

Apologies if there is - I haven't been on over the weekend and didn't see it on the first page here as I was looking through.

I couldn't be arsed going to the second and third pages to be sure.

Feel free to merge if there is indeed another admins :agree:

Bristolhibby
07-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Its crazy to think that if Hibs got the the Europa Cup Final, we would just dole out one to every ST holder. Jobs a good un.

Still Chelsea are a product of the Premier League/Oligarch money, such is the price of bought scucess. If you fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows.

J

Part/Time Supporter
07-05-2013, 07:07 PM
UEFA have no idea who is going to qualify for a final and whether those clubs will take a large travelling support to the host city that has been selected. Take last season, the Europa League Final was in Bucharest and two Spanish teams (Athletic and Atletico) qualified. It so happens this season that one of the qualifiers is from nearby to the venue. It could just as easily have been (say) Fenerbahce v Anzhi.

DH1875
07-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Everyone and anyone can apply for a ticket though as a certain percentage are put into a ballot for the general public. This would never happen at ER as you'd need to be on the data base:greengrin

lEXO
07-05-2013, 08:41 PM
it should be one ticket for season ticket holders, and 2 if you're renewing for next season. I agree. Honour loyalty and commitment.

LALthehibeeGAL
07-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Everyone and anyone can apply for a ticket though as a certain percentage are put into a ballot for the general public. This would never happen at ER as you'd need to be on the data base:greengrin

ny son got two that way ages ago, at the time there were still the qfs and then the sfs to be played - that's where a large chunk go says his cost £89 each so a lot of "neutrals" I think tbh it is the norm but to charge your own fans thousands of pounds is just wrong. He is happy at who is in the final though wasn't fussed about chelski but Benifica and particularly glad the turks didn't get through to the final.

I am well jel

Cheers

Lal:wink: