PDA

View Full Version : What do you consider acceptable in the remaining games

Keith_M
07-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Our season is once again spluttering to and end and we have four games still to play.

What do you consider to be acceptable (results, performance, etc) in the remaining four games?

Put another way... what's the minimum you expect from these games?

hibby rae
07-05-2013, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=keekaboo;3590946]Our season is once again spluttering to and end and we have four games still to play.

What do you consider to be acceptable (results, performance, etc) in the remaining four games?

Put another way... what's the minimum you expect from these games?[/QUOT

The least amount required to finish above Hearts so as to not unnecessarily risk players for the final.

Off the bar
07-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Win the cup

Don't lose to them

Don't risk injuries to top players in other pointless games!

calumhibee1
07-05-2013, 10:18 AM
The league games I'd be looking to win all 3, because all 3 teams were playing are ****. Cup final is more a case of hoping to win rather than expecting to win.

Lucius Apuleius
07-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Only one game I care about (and it ain't next Sunday)

Keith_M
07-05-2013, 10:23 AM
My personal minimum is to beat them and at least turn up in the other games.

Maybe I'm small minded and parochial, but I want to finish the season higher in the league, unbeaten against them and with (official) wins in both the League and Cup.

hibsmad
07-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Hearts = gubbed
Kilmarnock = gubbed
Dundee = gubbed
Celtic = sneaky wee flukey win

Hibsmad = :nanafunk:

Mikey
07-05-2013, 10:29 AM
I could cope with L L L W.

MacBean
07-05-2013, 10:32 AM
I could cope with L L L W.

:aok: Fine by me too

Sir David Gray
07-05-2013, 10:43 AM
As long as we win the cup final, I'm not too bothered what happens in the league games.

It would be a bonus to beat them and finish above them as well but if it doesn't happen and we're parading the cup around Leith in just under 3 weeks' time, I'm sure I could cope with that.

JimBHibees
07-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Would like a couple of wins however to me would want to see some improvement in a few individual performances especially in defence.

offshorehibby
07-05-2013, 10:47 AM
While i'd like to win every game the only game wont to win is the 26th

Eyrie
07-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Avoid injuries in the league and don't lose the derby. I want decent individual performances but accept that with players being rotated that can affect the overall team performance.

In the cup final the minimum acceptable is a good competitive performance. I'm realistic enough to accept that Septic are justifiably favourites but that won't stop me being desperate for the win. I don't give a bleep if it's deserved or flukey.

clerriehibs
07-05-2013, 11:06 AM
L L L W

... would suffice

failing that ...

W ? ? ?

DH1875
07-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Put another way... what's the minimum you expect from these games?

Would depend on what sort of teams we put out. If were going full squad with the full starting 11 then we'd better start winning and need someone other than Leigh to score a few goals. If we play a mixture and use the U19s then I'm not fussed if we lose them all. All I want is to go to the cup believing we have a chance,even if it's just a little one.

Stevie Reid
07-05-2013, 11:34 AM
We are experimenting, and rightly so IMO - we have a cup final to play for and have the freedom to tinker without any threat of relegation. I appreciate that each league place is worth 80K but I think trying out youngsters and rest players/experimenting, whilst trying to win each game is fine by me. Killie aren't in a cup final and need an extra £80K a lot more than we do, but they are blooding youngsters and I think that is sensible.

We should have won our two post split games thus far, we were untroubled against Aberdeen but had limited chances ourselves, whilst against St. Mirren we were very good going forward all game, but awful at the back in the second half. Sunday was an ok half, Killie were the better team but we looked dangerous going forward - we scored another lovely goal but lost another shocker.

JMac
07-05-2013, 11:47 AM
If the cup is won, I don't care about the results of any of the league games, if the cup is, as expected lost, at least another win, (preferably at the derby)

Beefster
07-05-2013, 11:59 AM
What's acceptable in the remaining league games is keeping players on form and their confidence up. Losing the league games, or even worse, not giving a **** either way, won't do our cup final chances any good.