PDA

View Full Version : Kilmarnock replay (Wed 15 May, 7:45)

Spike Mandela
06-05-2013, 06:06 PM
When do we want to play this. Don't want to disrupt the week on the build up to the final. I thought they may have tried to play it this midweek?

Aldo
06-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Spike wouldn't be surprised if they make it the mon/tues before the final.

Stringer
06-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Spike wouldn't be surprised if they make it the mon/tues before the final.

I wouldn't be bothered if it was the week of the cup final. Pat would just put the U19s out.

clerriehibs
06-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Last week of July ... extends the season a wee bittie, gives a bit more time for the merricks to enter admin, as they will, and to have the points deducted from THIS season's total ... :aok:

Westie1875
06-05-2013, 06:18 PM
I was hoping this week as well but too late to announce it now I imagine. Has to either be next week or after the final IMO.

sbell1875
06-05-2013, 06:22 PM
It will be the Wednesday between the Derby match and the last match of the SPL season against Dundee.

scoopyboy
06-05-2013, 06:23 PM
It will be between the Hearts and Dundee games.

Personally I would be happy to take the 1-1 draw when it was abandoned yesterday. Saves a lot of bother.

1two
06-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Its a week on Wednesday

Pretty Boy
06-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Wednesday May 15th was verbally agreed according to Shiels in the paper today.

Makes sense to me.

Golden Bear
06-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Will yesterday's bookings be rescinded?

Kojock
06-05-2013, 06:40 PM

No. Bookings will still count.

Billy Whizz
06-05-2013, 06:41 PM
No bookings will stand.

Since when

Green Man
06-05-2013, 06:41 PM

If I remember rightly the bookings still stand, it's one of those football rules that makes no sense.

ozzie
06-05-2013, 06:42 PM

Don't think so, from what I remember from the motherwell game, the yellows still stood but goals didn't count towards the players tally for the season.

Onion
06-05-2013, 06:46 PM
If I remember rightly the bookings still stand, it's one of those football rules that makes no sense.

Scottish Football and common sense, complete strangers.

Getting ahead on myself, but can you imagine the crowd if Hibs won the cup and the replay was after the CF ??? 10k+ Hibs fans would make the trip through to that one. Would be very special day out.

DaveF
06-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Don't think so, from what I remember from the motherwell game, the yellows still stood but goals didn't count towards the players tally for the season.

Correct. GOC's goal that night was removed from the record but think he was yellow carded for the celebration and that stood.

Kojock
06-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Since when

Since they brought in the rule that bookings still stand in the case of a match being abandoned. :aok:

Billy Whizz
06-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Since they brought in the rule that bookings still stand in the case of a match being abandoned. :aok:

Funny guy

Sir David Gray
06-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Any bookings from yesterday will definitely remain on a player's disciplinary record.

Kojock
06-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Funny guy

:confused:

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2013, 08:21 PM

Getting ahead on myself, but can you imagine the crowd if Hibs won the cup and the replay was after the CF ??? 10k+ Hibs fans would make the trip through to that one. Would be very special day out.

:agree: Can both teams arrange for this, or is it down to the clowns at SPL headquarters?

yeezus.
06-05-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm going to get my brother to give me a lift up to the game if it's a Wednesday night replay :agree:

Onion
06-05-2013, 08:35 PM
:agree: Can both teams arrange for this, or is it down to the clowns at SPL headquarters?

Send in the clowns :rolleyes:

On the other hand, one of the smallest Hibs away supports of we get horsed on 26th.

J-C
06-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Can't see why they can't just ask both teams if a point each would be ok and forget playing it again

ano hibby
06-05-2013, 09:07 PM

A fair shout that, if you're the Killie board you may be thinking along these lines..hmmm..

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Can't see why they can't just ask both teams if a point each would be ok and forget playing it again

because the extra two points for a win could possibly mean another 50/60K(afaik) for league placings, do you still want to settle for a point ? lets ask RP :)

DH1875
06-05-2013, 09:11 PM

I'd go further than that and just give Killie the three points. No need for all the agro of having to replay it.

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2013, 09:17 PM
I'd go further than that and just give Killie the three points. No need for all the agro of having to replay it.

another poster on here(from another thread) also thinks hibs should forfeit the points :rolleyes: ermmm why

Baldy Foghorn
06-05-2013, 09:23 PM
I assumed after Yesterday, that the match would be re-played on Wednesday after derby. There is not a snowball's chance in hell of SPL/SFA agreeing to the points being shared and no replay to occur. Other teams may also complain that someone is getting a point, that might not have happened after a full 90 minutes.

DH1875
06-05-2013, 09:23 PM
another poster on here(from another thread) also thinks hibs should forfeit the points :rolleyes: ermmm why

Why not. Show some respect for the guy who died and if it was the week of the final I'd fully expect Fenlon to play the U19s so we'd probably get beat anyway. It's a game no-one needs are probably wants so I'd just give them the points.

sbell1875
06-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Any word if Sky will show the game live?

macca70
06-05-2013, 09:30 PM

Because the importance of having key players fit for the final far outweighs 3 points.

Could you imagine if Williams, Griffiths, McGivern, Harris was to pick up a serious injury in the replayed game, it would be disasterous. Would much rather agree on a 1-1 or forfeit the game.

Cabbage East
06-05-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm going to get my brother to give me a lift up to the game if it's a Wednesday night replay :agree:

Great story mate. Look forward to reading your future posts and hearing more about your family road trips.

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Why not. Show some respect for the guy who died and if it was the week of the final I'd fully expect Fenlon to play the U19s so we'd probably get beat anyway. It's a game no-one needs are probably wants so I'd just give them the points.

Why don't kilmarnock give us the points?

Cabbage East
06-05-2013, 09:39 PM

Exactly. Some folk are tapped :faf:

Give them the points? For what?

calumhibee1
06-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Giving them the points is the most ridiculous suggestion I've ever heard. People don't actually think that's a good idea do they?

J-C
06-05-2013, 10:06 PM
because the extra two points for a win could possibly mean another 50/60K(afaik) for league placings, do you still want to settle for a point ? lets ask RP :)

There is that i suppose but at this stage in the season, we've got bigger things like a cup final to worry about.

macca70
06-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Giving them the points is the most ridiculous suggestion I've ever heard. People don't actually think that's a good idea do they?

When Boyd clatters through Ben Williams and rules him out of the final, we'll then see what your view was on re-playing a pointless league game.

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2013, 10:22 PM
There is that i suppose but at this stage in the season, we've got bigger things like a cup final to worry about.

footballs a business, and at the business end of the season final league placings dictate how much dosh we get....the cup final is a bonus, i'm astonished that anyone is actually seriously thinking that HFC should forfeit a game...c'mon :confused: what's next ? when we get to a champions league final does HFC decide it would be better to forfeit a couple of league games to keep our best players injury free for the CL final....sorry but it's totally absurd

macca70
06-05-2013, 11:10 PM
footballs a business, and at the business end of the season final league placings dictate how much dosh we get....the cup final is a bonus, i'm astonished that anyone is actually seriously thinking that HFC should forfeit a game...c'mon :confused: what's next ? when we get to a champions league final does HFC decide it would be better to forfeit a couple of league games to keep our best players injury free for the CL final....sorry but it's totally absurd

There is prize money for winning the Scottish Cup aswell and the money we could make from winning it eg season ticket sales for next year, much more valueable than maybe winning 3 points against Killie. Don't even think there is a huge difference in prize money per place, 1 place would be worth an extra 0.5% of SPL revenue

Sir David Gray
06-05-2013, 11:14 PM

What happened to the Kilmarnock fan was tragic and I feel for his friends and family but I don't get the logic that says the game shouldn't be replayed just because someone's died.

Deciding not to replay the game wouldn't be showing respect for the man who died, it would be an over-reaction, in my opinion of course.

The league placings are worth quite a bit of money to the club so I don't see Rod Petrie agreeing that we should just hand Kilmarnock the points and move on.

As someone has already asked, why shouldn't they just hand the points to us? :confused:

If we play a weakened team in the rematch and they beat us over the 90 minutes having scored more goals than us then fair enough but there's no way the game shouldn't be replayed.

macca70
06-05-2013, 11:27 PM

Because we are the team that has a Scottish Cup Final to prepare for and could really do without a pointless midweek trip to Kilmarnock days before or after getting kicked off the park in a derby.

NOLA
06-05-2013, 11:50 PM

Don't think any fan really wants this game to happen, more of an inconvenience now, but it will go ahead :(

monktonharp
07-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Because we are the team that has a Scottish Cup Final to prepare for and could really do without a pointless midweek trip to Kilmarnock days before or after getting kicked off the park in a derby.

the game will go ahead mate,get used to it. besides, the way things conspire against us when we get to finals, it's a must! and if we are ever goin' tae win the bloody thing, it will be against all the odds stacked against us.let's just go with the flow, and hope that one day we get all the luck on the day.everyone and their dug, wants Hibernian to lose the final, except us, the fans.

Lucius Apuleius
07-05-2013, 05:39 AM
the game will go ahead mate,get used to it. besides, the way things conspire against us when we get to finals, it's a must! and if we are ever goin' tae win the bloody thing, it will be against all the odds stacked against us.let's just go with the flow, and hope that one day we get all the luck on the day.everyone and their dug, wants Hibernian to lose the final, except us, the fans.

Honestly? I have had many many people tell me they hope we win. :confused:

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2013, 06:45 AM

What i find funny is you actually believe this would be the right thing to do, you would introduce a new rule that clubs could pick and choose who and when they play, or even just concede games if it hinders the run up to a cup final.

Maybe you just need to sit down and think about what you are suggesting, and the ramifications it entails?

Onion
07-05-2013, 06:57 AM
When Boyd clatters through Ben Williams and rules him out of the final, we'll then see what your view was on re-playing a pointless league game.

This. We just have to hope that the Hibs Board and Pat have some common sense and can steer us through the next 3 games. Lose LG or a few of our better players and we can just hand Celtic the cup. EVERYTHING the club does in the next three weeks should be designed to max our chances in the Cup Final.

Brooster
07-05-2013, 07:21 AM
Would be amazed if the authorities allowed us to settle for a point. All clubs must play 38 games otherwise it's an uneven league. We just can't elect not to play because we have a big game coming up not that Hibs or any other team would forfeit a game....that idea is just bonkers. As for resting players in the run up to the final - Fenlon seems to be resting some for a game at a time, no point in resting anyone too much as they all have to be match fit come the final. You can't wrap them in cotton wool.

Brooster
07-05-2013, 07:24 AM

You're entitled to your view but in my eyes no Hibs game is ever pointless or meaningless.

yeezus.
07-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Great story mate. Look forward to reading your future posts and hearing more about your family road trips.

Thanks, I'll keep you informed :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2013, 07:51 AM
You're entitled to your view but in my eyes no Hibs game is ever pointless or meaningless.

:agree: While some games are definitely more important than others, you just cant pick and choose how many games the club play in.

Next season we play in Europe, perhaps we should forfeit the game before to give us a better chance when we play in that competition? :wink:

Treadstone
07-05-2013, 07:55 AM
:agree: While some games are definitely more important than others, you just cant pick and choose how many games the club play in.

Next season we play in Europe, perhaps we should forfeit the game before to give us a better chance when we play in that competition? :wink:

Like Sevco moved a Gretna (ffs) game so they could get humped at Ibroke from Lyon. You couldnae make it up.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Like Sevco moved a Gretna (ffs) game so they could get humped at Ibroke from Lyon. You couldnae make it up.

To be fair, i'm not against this. The league should be doing all they can to help our clubs in Europe, even if its them.

Our game against Killie should be moved to after the cup final, there is no reason why this cant be done.

Hibbyradge
07-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Because the importance of having key players fit for the final far outweighs 3 points.

Could you imagine if Williams, Griffiths, McGivern, Harris was to pick up a serious injury in the replayed game, it would be disasterous. Would much rather agree on a 1-1 or forfeit the game.

They could pick up injuries anytime.

You wouldn't suggest we forfeit all our games because we're in a final.

Next week for a replay is fine.

cocopops1875
07-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Don't think any fan really wants this game to happen, more of an inconvenience now, but it will go ahead :(

Points are up for grabs at £60k per place there is £180k up for grabs, But aye why bother eh

Treadstone
07-05-2013, 08:10 AM
To be fair, i'm not against this. The league should be doing all they can to help our clubs in Europe, even if its them.

I have never heard of any other league in Europe moving a game to give a team a free week before a European game. Juan Mata played his 60th game of the season on Sunday and was head and shoulders above everyone else.

cocopops1875
07-05-2013, 08:11 AM
There is prize money for winning the Scottish Cup aswell and the money we could make from winning it eg season ticket sales for next year, much more valueable than maybe winning 3 points against Killie. Don't even think there is a huge difference in prize money per place, 1 place would be worth an extra 0.5% of SPL revenue

Points are up for grabs at £60k per place there is £180k up for grabs, But aye why bother eh

cocopops1875
07-05-2013, 08:12 AM

Copy and paste is good

J-C
07-05-2013, 08:19 AM

I never said forfeit, I said give each team a point and get on with the last few games of the season, are you that positive we'd win the replayed game there, I'm not.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2013, 08:22 AM
I have never heard of any other league in Europe moving a game to give a team a free week before a European game. Juan Mata played his 60th game of the season on Sunday and was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Apart from in Scotland with the ex huns me neither, but i dont really know about any other country apart from England. It could be happening all over Europe, i just dont know?

I think every FA should be helping their teams as much as reasonably possible when they are in Europe.

macca70
07-05-2013, 08:25 AM
They could pick up injuries anytime.

You wouldn't suggest we forfeit all our games because we're in a final.

Next week for a replay is fine.

They could pick up injuries anytime, your right.

But picking up an injury in the next 3 weeks is kind of more critical than any other time of the season.

I realise the game will have to be replayed but if common sense prevailed we could agree on a 1-1 as it was when abandonded.

Or we just play the last 35 mins, rather than a full 90 minutes.

DH1875
07-05-2013, 11:06 AM

Copy and paste is good

And winning the cup final gets us what, a bag of peanuts? Even if it were the case I'd gladly sacrifice £120k for winning it but I'm sure we would get some sort of cash :rolleyes:. You can dream of us winning against Killie in a dire midweek meaningless game but not me. I'll stick to dreaming of winning the cup final and hoping that nothing happens to Leigh, Claros or big Ben between now and the end of the season.

Copy and paste? even a monkey can do it :wink:.

Up The Bracket
07-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Why not make it after the cup final?

Say we win the cup, it will be a massive party, we'd bring at least 5k fans up and regardless of the score, it'd be an absolutely quality day. I know it is highly unlikley, but why not?

Billy Whizz
07-05-2013, 11:28 AM

Say we win the cup, it will be a massive party, we'd bring at least 5k fans up and regardless of the score, it'd be an absolutely quality day. I know it is highly unlikley, but why not?

Because the players are off on holiday

cocopops1875
07-05-2013, 11:40 AM
And winning the cup final gets us what, a bag of peanuts? Even if it were the case I'd gladly sacrifice £120k for winning it but I'm sure we would get some sort of cash :rolleyes:. You can dream of us winning against Killie in a dire midweek meaningless game but not me. I'll stick to dreaming of winning the cup final and hoping that nothing happens to Leigh, Claros or big Ben between now and the end of the season.
Copy and paste? even a monkey can do it :wink:.
Can a monkey assure our financiers that resting players and writing off points and possible places will assure us of a cup win and the riches that follow ?

DH1875
07-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Can a monkey assure our financiers that resting players and writing off points and possible places will assure us of a cup win and the riches that follow ?

Who knows, there's some really really clever ones out there :agree:.

Brooster
07-05-2013, 01:09 PM

It cannot be played after the last round of fixtures as it would give both teams an unfair advantage - knowing what is required to earn more placings money or avoid losing money. For example they could both play out a nil nil draw to ensure that neither of them could drop 3 places and lose over £200k. Other scenarios could come in to play as well.

JimBHibees
07-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Personally think this might work out ok as would play a shadow team in the derby then the final team in this match what 10-11 days before the final where the tackling isnt likely to be as ferocious as the derby and less chance of injury. Would then only play players v Dundee who need a run or fringe players.

monktonharp
07-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Honestly? I have had many many people tell me they hope we win. :confused:bet ye nane o' them wear maroon or green and white hoops! in fact, cant be too many of an oran.............sorry blue persuation either that would like us to win.they'd probably hope this year's one was null and void!

DH1875
07-05-2013, 01:53 PM
bet ye nane o' them wear maroon or green and white hoops! in fact, cant be too many of an oran.............sorry blue persuation either that would like us to win.they'd probably hope this year's one was null and void!

I was at a communion on Sunday in Glasgow and 90% of the guests were celtic fans. Most of them want to win but weren't to bothered if they got beat as it's us their playing and they want us to win the cup. And I said most cause some off them even said they'd like us to win it instead of celtic :confused:. Of the Rangers fan who where there they all want us to win. No jambos were allowed so can't speak for them.

s.a.m
07-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub1m (http://www.hibs.net/HibernianFCClub/status/331775424885579776)Hibernian can confirm our SPL match against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park has been rearranged for Wednesday 15 May (kick off 7.45pm)

Posh Swanny
07-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub1m (http://www.hibs.net/HibernianFCClub/status/331775424885579776)Hibernian can confirm our SPL match against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park has been rearranged for Wednesday 15 May (kick off 7.45pm)

Should do free entry for all but run the mother of all bucket collections to raise cash for a heart charity.

Baldy Foghorn
07-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Crowd was poor on Sunday, maybe with being live on TV. Kilmarnock support was scarce, and we only had 268 fans. Wonder if there will be a bigger crowd next wednesday, especially if something is planned to show a mark of respect to the supporter who passed away.....

greenlex
07-05-2013, 08:57 PM
bet ye nane o' them wear maroon or green and white hoops! in fact, cant be too many of an oran.............sorry blue persuation either that would like us to win.they'd probably hope this year's one was null and void!
Ill give you the Maroon one but I do not know one Rangers fan who doesn't want us to win the cup.:confused:

Gus Fring
07-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Should do free entry for all but run the mother of all bucket collections to raise cash for a heart charity.

How does it work for tickets I wonder? Are killie allowed to charge again? That seems a bit off (especially given the circumstances). I agree, let everyone in for free providing they make at least £5 donation on the way in.

Hibercelona
07-05-2013, 09:16 PM

No, the point of making money, is so we can improve the team, so they can win silverware.

If we're putting making some extra cash before having fit players for a potential cup final win, then what's the point???

How do we benefit from the extra cash, if we don't have players who are fit in finals?

Baldy Foghorn
07-05-2013, 09:46 PM
How does it work for tickets I wonder? Are killie allowed to charge again? That seems a bit off (especially given the circumstances). I agree, let everyone in for free providing they make at least £5 donation on the way in.

If a game is abandoned in the second half, the home team is under no obligation to hand vouchers out, or make the returrn fixture cheaper.....

HH81
07-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Are sky putting game on again:confused:

DH1875
07-05-2013, 10:46 PM

Killie are allowed to charge what ever they want. If they want anyone to turn up though their gonna have to charge say, £5 maximum. Even then I doubt we'd have more than 200 fans at the game.

LALthehibeeGAL
08-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Wednesday May 15th was verbally agreed according to Shiels in the paper today.

Makes sense to me.

that's the same date as the Europa League final!!! be best with the Tuesday some folks want to watch or ar going to Dam for the final

E.

Billy Whizz
08-05-2013, 08:12 AM
that's the same date as the Europa League final!!! be best with the Tuesday some folks want to watch or ar going to Dam for the final

E.

Hibs are playing on the Sunday before at Tynie

ian cruise
08-05-2013, 10:49 AM

I have friends who are Celtic fans who are saying that part of them wants us to win it just because they know how much it means to Hibs

Diclonius
08-05-2013, 10:52 AM
I have friends who are Celtic fans who are saying that part of them wants us to win it just because they know how much it means to Hibs

Their team doesn't though, and that's what matters.

Plus I'd bet you if we win not one of their fans will stay behind and applaud.

Aldo
08-05-2013, 10:56 AM

Lets face it Rawr... If they win it would you??? Don't think I will be!

Diclonius
08-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Lets face it Rawr... If they win it would you??? Don't think I will be!

Yeah but we don't buy into the patronising bull**** that their fans do, especially the whole "aw man Hubz are ur wee cousins ken" tripe they come out with.

If they really meant that they wanted us to win, they's be gracious in defeat. But this being Celtic - who only "wish others well" when they're winning - they'll huff and moan and complain about it.

Aldo
08-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah but we don't buy into the patronising bull**** that their fans do, especially the whole "aw man Hubz are ur wee cousins ken" tripe they come out with.

If they really meant that they wanted us to win, they's be gracious in defeat. But this being Celtic - who only "wish others well" when they're winning - they'll huff and moan and complain about it.

Get your point mate. Winning anything in Scottish fitba is seen as an achievement by all Scottish teams outwith the OF.

They expect like they will do on the 26th. Show up and it's theirs.

DH1875
08-05-2013, 12:08 PM

Sad thing is, I'd doubt half their fans would stay behind if they win it. Even if they do, they'll get the trophy and all duck off 10 minutes after the whistle. If we win, we'll all be there 30mins to an hour easy :aok:.

leggeto
08-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know if killie are donating some of the gate money, if no im no goin

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know if killie are donating some of the gate money, if no im no goin

Nothing announced yet. Would imagine there will be a bucket collection outside the ground.

macca70
08-05-2013, 12:41 PM

The guy was a huge Killie Fan, with Killie really struggling financially, it would probably be his wish for the money to go to Killie. I'm sure Killie will let the family decide though.

Fiver to get in sounds reasonable but can't see us taking many. If we were to win the derby though, that might change.

Gus Fring
08-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Confirmed as £5 or under 16 and £10 for everyone else. No other concessions.

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2013, 11:54 PM
as above

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130508/kilmarnock-prices-confirmed_2262950_3171861 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130508/kilmarnock-prices-confirmed_2262950_3171861)

Adults:         £10
Under 16:       £5
No other concessions will apply.

The club would like to express our sincere condolences to the family and friends of Kilmarnock supporter, Jim Haswell, who tragically passed away after becoming seriously ill during Sunday's match.

JOD
09-05-2013, 01:01 AM
It cannot be played after the last round of fixtures as it would give both teams an unfair advantage - knowing what is required to earn more placings money or avoid losing money. For example they could both play out a nil nil draw to ensure that neither of them could drop 3 places and lose over £200k. Other scenarios could come in to play as well.

Boring Boring but unfortunately probably true:dunno: