PDA

View Full Version : Who Gets Rested On Sunday?

Mikey
06-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Fenlon is clearly giving some players the weekend off in readiness for the final. I reckon this weekend's absentees will be........

Griffiths - To stop them kicking lumps out of him.

McPake - To give him a break, and perhaps try another pairing. The biggest danger for McPake is that the pairing does well and he doesn't get back in the team!

jimmyboco1875
06-05-2013, 04:28 PM
agree about griffiths, but nothing would beat him banging in a 94minute winner at our end :-)

Mikey
06-05-2013, 04:30 PM
agree about griffiths, but nothing would beat him banging in a 94minute winner at our end :-)

If we get a late penalty we could sub him on, let him take it, and sub him right back off again :greengrin

06-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Hearts (more so than usual) will just want to kick lumps out of us and try cause as many injuries for us as possible for I would keep key players such as Sparky, Harris etc. out. Cannot afford key players getting injured just 2 weeks before such a massive game.

Col2
06-05-2013, 04:32 PM
I agree re sparky bit would expect him to be on bench.

All about attitude this game as The bib taker Locke will have them pumped up or maybe just pumped.

I would start:-

Murdoch

Maybury
Hanlon
Clancy
Lewis

Deegan
Thomo
Robertson
Done

Caldwell
Doyle

jimmyboco1875
06-05-2013, 04:33 PM
If we get a late penalty we could sub him on, let him take it, and sub him right back off again :greengrin

aye that sounds ok, i would be kinda gutted if we arrive there on sunday with a weakened side to be honest

HFC 0-7
06-05-2013, 04:41 PM

All about attitude this game as The bib taker Locke will have them pumped up or maybe just pumped.

Murdoch

Maybury
Hanlon
Clancy
Lewis

Deegan
Thomo
Robertson
Done

Caldwell
Doyle

That team would get pumped! Defence would be too weak, not enough height. Midfield would get walked over in a big way as well.

if I was Fenlon I would think about putting my cup final team out to see if they could handle pressure. Fenlon needs to watch, if he puts out a weakened side and we get beat by a few goals confidence could plummet and many fans would be on the managers and players backs.

jimmyboco1875
06-05-2013, 04:42 PM
that team would get pumped! Defence would be too weak, not enough height. Midfield would get walked over in a big way as well.

If i was fenlon i would think about putting my cup final team out to see if they could handle pressure. Fenlon needs to watch, if he puts out a weakened side and we get beat by a few goals confidence could plummet and many fans would be on the managers and players backs.

agreed!!!!!!!

Diclonius
06-05-2013, 04:47 PM
I'd start our first XI minus Griffiths, and bring him on if we're losing. Out of all the players they'll choose to deliberately injure, he'll be first pick.

Hiber-nation
06-05-2013, 04:48 PM
That team would get pumped! Defence would be too weak, not enough height. Midfield would get walked over in a big way as well.

if I was Fenlon I would think about putting my cup final team out to see if they could handle pressure. Fenlon needs to watch, if he puts out a weakened side and we get beat by a few goals confidence could plummet and many fans would be on the managers and players backs.

Spot on, we can't go into this game with anything other than a full strength team considering how awful our record is there. I just don't buy into all this "Hearts will kick Griffiths off the park" stuff.

Pretty Boy
06-05-2013, 04:48 PM
I'd be tempted to give Murdoch a go in goals in a big games as he hasn't made a 1st team appearance which isn't ideal just in case.

I'd go with:

Murdoch

Clancy
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Taiwo
Thomson
Done

Doyle
Caldwell

With the pish lover in charge and nutters like the drink driver playing you know there will be
few bootings so wrap Griffiths and Harris up in cotton wool. Rest McPake and Claros, give McGivern time to recover and Thomson and Clancy still need games. Also gives someone like Wotherspoon a chance to show he's worth a place in the final squad.

IFONLY
06-05-2013, 05:01 PM

Murdoch

Maybury
Hanlon
Clancy
Lewis

Deegan
Thomo
Robertson
Done

Caldwell
Doyle

And that is a recipe for disaster IMHO

lord bunberry
06-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Given that our derby record is so bad we need to turn up with a full strength team and put on a good show

Stringer
06-05-2013, 05:07 PM
My team

Williams

Maybury Clancy Hanlon Stevenson

Handling Wotherspoon Thomo Done

Caldwell Griffiths (probably his last derby)

I would make it leigh's last game before the final

greenlex
06-05-2013, 05:27 PM
The last time we went to the Pink Wongdome with an understrength team we gubbed them. :aok:

NOLA
06-05-2013, 05:28 PM
id rest mcgivern (likely out anyway) bench mcpake,sparky,claros

williams

maybury
hanlon
donaldson
clancy

wotherspoon
taiwo
thomson
done

caldwell
doyle

weonlywon6-2
06-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Fenlon is clearly giving some players the weekend off in readiness for the final. I reckon this weekend's absentees will be........

Griffiths - To stop them kicking lumps out of him.

McPake - To give him a break, and perhaps try another pairing. The biggest danger for McPake is that the pairing does well and he doesn't get back in the team!

No one.Its a derby,I think Pat will go with his strongest team

Onceinawhile
06-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Given that our derby record is so bad we need to turn up with a full strength team and put on a good show

Unbeaten in 4 and robbed in the last one of a deserved victory. I'd say that's not bad to be honest.

Wouldn't start sparky or Harris. No one else is indispensable.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-05-2013, 05:47 PM

Just like this one.....:greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mepPmVNnTK0

lord bunberry
06-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Unbeaten in 4 and robbed in the last one of a deserved victory. I'd say that's not bad to be honest.

Wouldn't start sparky or Harris. No one else is indispensable.

I was talking about our record over the last few years. We haven't even went there and played well for years, in fact it must be a few years since we even scored at the pbs

Pretty Boy
06-05-2013, 05:57 PM
aye that sounds ok, i would be kinda gutted if we arrive there on sunday with a weakened side to be honest

I'd be far more gutted if we lost Griffiths or Harris to a serious injury tbh

I want to win the derby but in terms of importance it's very much secondary this month imo.

Wotherspiniesta
06-05-2013, 06:41 PM
For me:

Williams

Wotherspoon Deegan Thomson Cairney

Caldwell Doyle

Think that teams capable of getting at least a draw.

Billy Whizz
06-05-2013, 06:44 PM
We just need to be careful on 2 fronts,
1) We don't pick up any injuries
2) We put on a performance and get a result
3) We don't risk players on a suspension tightrope, that may suspend them for next season

Col2
06-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Anyone know if hypothetically a player can be sent off for and miss cup final?

Pretty Boy
06-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Anyone know if hypothetically a player can be sent off for and miss cup final?

Only thing now would be a straight red for violent conduct in the last game of the season.

Any second booking, someone breaking the points threshold etx would carry over to next season.

Onion
06-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Triple reason for them kicking the crap out of our stars - the Hibs match is their biggest game of the season, probably the last derby match for most (if not all) of them, and they will do everything in their power to reduce our chances on 26 May (ie help Celtic to win the Cup).

With a decent ref, I think you could find 7 or 8 Yams booked and a couple SO early doors. Only problem is there are no decent refs in Scotland :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2013, 07:09 PM
A couple of Leighs birds i'd imagine, oh you said rested.

06-05-2013, 08:37 PM
For me:

Williams

Wotherspoon Deegan Thomson Cairney

Caldwell Doyle

Think that teams capable of getting at least a draw.

That would be my team aswel for the derby :agree:

NOLA
06-05-2013, 08:50 PM
A couple of Leighs birds i'd imagine, oh you said rested.
by an open fire :wink:

Up The Bracket
06-05-2013, 08:57 PM
I'd play Leigh, even with Ryan "the bone collector" Stevenson chasing after him, I still have a desire to finish above them and Leigh is our biggest threat.

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Can't wait to see this place if we play a weakened team and get pumped.

frazeHFC
06-05-2013, 09:02 PM

Murdoch

Maybury
Hanlon
Clancy
Lewis

Deegan
Thomo
Robertson
Done

Caldwell
Doyle

Although we wanna make sure players don't pick up injuries, i am not going to the PBS to see us get pumped. Still not even seen us score there in a derby and hoping that'll change this time round!

Vault Boy
06-05-2013, 09:10 PM
We need to get the balance of a strong team and a sensible selection right. I'd like the two young defenders (Foster and Donaldson) along with Caldwell involved, but keep Sparky up front with Ross. I think Robertson could be drafted into central midfield, which is probably our strongest area in terms of numbers. I also think Cairney should be involved again, I'd probably play him alongside Robertson but of course he can be pushed out wide too.

Williams
Forster Clancy Donaldson Hanlon/Lewis

Handling Cairney Robertson Harris

Caldwell Griffiths

Defence could be a bit weak, but I haven't seen Foster or Donaldson play so I can't really pass judgement. I think attacking wise the young players have shown that they can play and Cairney on form can provide a decent threat himself. In saying that, this team may be a bit too open to bring to Tynecastle (despite the fact that they're awful).

Up The Bracket
06-05-2013, 09:15 PM
We need to get the balance of a strong team and a sensible selection right. I'd like the two young defenders (Foster and Donaldson) along with Caldwell involved, but keep Sparky up front with Ross. I think Robertson could be drafted into central midfield, which is probably our strongest area in terms of numbers. I also think Cairney should be involved again, I'd probably play him alongside Robertson but of course he can be pushed out wide too.

Williams
Foster Clancy Donaldson Hanlon/Lewis

Handling Cairney Robertson Harris

Caldwell Griffiths

Defence could be a bit weak, but I haven't seen Foster or Donaldson play so I can't really pass judgement. I think attacking wise the young players have shown that they can play and Cairney on form can provide a decent threat himself. In saying that, this team may be a bit too open to bring to Tynecastle (despite the fact that they're awful).

Brad Donaldson is injured and has been for some time. I don't think Fozzy is quite ready to play in the first team yet, a debut in the derby is not ideal either.

Vault Boy
06-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Brad Donaldson is injured and has been for some time. I don't think Fozzy is quite ready to play in the first team yet, a debut in the derby is not ideal either.

It was those two I wasn't really sure about, I just knew that they have been in and around the first team squad so I presumed they'd be the first choice for young defenders, in that case I'd imagine it will be the regular 3 with Lewis taking McGivern's place.

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Brad Donaldson is in the u20's squad v sellick tommorow night at firhill, might get some game time according to the official site

Up The Bracket
06-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Brad Donaldson is in the u20's squad v sellick tommorow night at firhill, might get some game time according to the official site

Aye, I spoke to him on Thursday night and he's been injured for months, he said he was hoping to get some game time for the 20's before the end of the season but he wasn't expecting to be anywhere near the first team.

Hibeesmad
07-05-2013, 02:54 AM
Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Taiwo
Thomson
Harris

Doyle
Griffiths

I'm not going to tynecastle to watch us lose

Pretty Boy
07-05-2013, 05:56 AM
Can't wait to see this place if we play a weakened team and get pumped.

Anybody calling for us to play our strongest team.should think.back to what happened to Franck Sauzee in 2001.

We absolutely can't afford the same thing to happen to Leigh or Harris. I that means resting a few at Tynecastle then so be it.

Aldo
07-05-2013, 06:04 AM
Anybody calling for us to play our strongest team.should think.back to what happened to Franck Sauzee in 2001.

We absolutely can't afford the same thing to happen to Leigh or Harris. I that means resting a few at Tynecastle then so be it.

This

Onion
07-05-2013, 06:50 AM

Agreed. We have to see the bigger picture. Sacrificing a meaningless Yam match is a small price to pay for a chance at history. With our best players all playing on top of their game, we've a chance of beating Celtic. Lose LG and we've no chance. If Pat plays him and he gets injured, he'll be crucified on here and might as well hand in his notice.

lord bunberry
07-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Agreed. We have to see the bigger picture. Sacrificing a meaningless Yam match is a small price to pay for a chance at history. With our best players all playing on top of their game, we've a chance of beating Celtic. Lose LG and we've no chance. If Pat plays him and he gets injured, he'll be crucified on here and might as well hand in his notice.

That's all very good but our league position will be cast up by the same people who are saying rest players

heretoday
07-05-2013, 11:29 AM
We have to play our best side at Tynecastle. A 5-0 defeat isn't going to do much for our confidence is it?

lord bunberry
07-05-2013, 11:45 AM
We have to play our best side at Tynecastle. A 5-0 defeat isn't going to do much for our confidence is it?

It won't and a quick look at the match thread from sunday would suggest that plenty people won't just accept three defeats

LioNeilMessi
07-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Harris is probably at the greatest risk of being injured. With his skill and pace he's likely to wind up their young fullbacks and could get a lunge or two in his direction. I would definitely play Griffiths and claros though. Strongest team with maybe Cairney brought in on the left. I hope Fenlon isn't considering this a meaningless derby.

heretoday
07-05-2013, 12:15 PM
I for one would rather see Hibs treat Tynecastle with the utmost importance. Throw everything at Hearts and kick lumps out of them instead of the other way round.

The cup final is another game.

silverhibee
07-05-2013, 12:41 PM
I really don't think that PF can afford to play a weakend team against the yams, i know everyone is thinking about the final and it is the only game that matters to us, but PF will not be thinking like us, he needs to get the team some confidence before the final and a win against them would give that, he will also know that finishing low down in the league and loses the final could see him out of a job in the summer, he needs to play his strongest team, and i am pretty sure he will.

Aldo
07-05-2013, 12:54 PM
I really don't think that PF can afford to play a weakend team against the yams, i know everyone is thinking about the final and it is the only game that matters to us, but PF will not be thinking like us, he needs to get the team some confidence before the final and a win against them would give that, he will also know that finishing low down in the league and loses the final could see him out of a job in the summer, he needs to play his strongest team, and i am pretty sure he will.

Silver can see where your coming from and if a strong team is played I really do hope they come through the game unscathed.

DH1875
07-05-2013, 01:13 PM
I'd play Leigh, even with Ryan "the bone collector" Stevenson chasing after him, I still have a desire to finish above them and Leigh is our biggest threat.

Would you rather finish higher up the league than them or win the cup? We are guaranteed to finish above them next season and they'll almost certainly be relegated. Imagine we also win the cup, next year will be a great time to get it right up them.

We should be resting all of them. As I said above, the future is green and we've plenty of time to get it right up them. Let's focus on winning the cup and add to their world of pain.

And here's a thing. What IF we play the team that will play in the final, they beat us and we lose Leigh to injury? Hows that going to help? To many factors involved and to much can go wrong. Play the U19s against them.

JimBHibees
07-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Personally would play the following

Murdoch

Maybury
McPake
Hanlon
Stevenson

Spoon
Deegan
Robertson
Done

Caldwell
Handling

Craig_in_Prague
07-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Last game ever at the pink wonga dome?

would be nice to win, but in truth, we should play the U19 side (if allowed to make all those changes?).

Sparky is never really in the game against them anyway, and who's to say a 2nd fiddle side would definitely mean defeat !

We really need to think about the final over this game though and team selection should be with the final in mind, rather than Sundays game. Perhaps only those really needing match time, should start (i.e. Thomson, Robertson, Clancy, etc)...