PDA

View Full Version : higdon arrested

leggeto
06-05-2013, 09:00 AM
suspected assault :na na:

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-05-2013, 09:04 AM
I hope you never read it in the tabloid press, you'll be pilloried on here.

Heisenberg
06-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Should hopefully see him getting the same press coverage as Leigh gets when he sends a text with some swear words in it.

leggeto
06-05-2013, 09:07 AM
I hope you never read it in the tabloid press, you'll be pilloried on here.

just flagged up on sky sports news the now, must have been a heavy night

EdinMike
06-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Can someone inform the Sun or the Daily Ranger ?

ozzie
just flagged up on sky sports news the now, must have been a heavy night

Question is who did he hit? Was it actually at the pfa awards?

Heisenberg
Reports were he couldn't string a sentence together when accepting his award so he must've been pretty smashed already.

ozzie
Question is who did he hit? Was it actually at the pfa awards?

Booo thought it was going to be jucier, happened at a glasgow night club.

Deek01
06-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Thought he would have been arrested for the theft of Leigh Griffiths POTY award :greengrin

ManBearPig
06-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Can't see any story anywhere any sources?

Pretty Boy
Something like this just sums up a lot of what is wrong with Scottish football.

Can you imagine Messi or Ronaldo being too pished to make a speech at the Spanish player of the year awards before heading to a club and getting into a scrap.

TAHibby
Ah well, he'd fit in at hibs :agree:

leggeto
06-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Can someone inform the Sun or the Daily Ranger ?

if this was leigh it would be front page back page news, lets see if higdon gets the same treatment

Scottie
06-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Something like this just sums up a lot of what is wrong with Scottish football.

Can you imagine Messi or Ronaldo being too pished to make a speech at the Spanish player of the year awards before heading to a club and getting into a scrap.

Spot on Pretty Boy :agree:

The drink culture is in our society is frightning.

Surely on his big night you'd think he could of screwed the noddle :rolleyes:

Bishop Hibee
06-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Higdon is English remember so unlikey to have been tee-total before he came to Scotland.

Motherwell will hopefully fine him 2 wweeks wages for dragging the club through the dirt if he is guilty.

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2013, 09:38 AM
It was on twitter that he had to cancel a press conference this morning as he was too pished

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Journo tweeting this -

@Andythemod9: If u had said to me last night one of the PFA winners would end up in the clink, Higdon would not have been my first guess...

Wonder who he would have guessed..... :rolleyes:

Hibs90
06-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Your POTY folks :rolleyes:

hibee92
06-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Journo tweeting this -

@Andythemod9: If u had said to me last night one of the PFA winners would end up in the clink, Higdon would not have been my first guess...

To be fair that Niall McGinn laddie is a head case

YehButNoBut
06-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Motherwell striker Michael Higdon has been arrested over an alleged assault hours after being crowned Scotland's Player of the Year (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22424675). The 29-year-old was held after a disturbance at the Corinthian nightclub in Glasgow in the early hours.

BBC Scotland understands Higdon was released from police custody at 09:00.

He was named Professional Footballers' Association Scotland Player of the Year at a ceremony on Sunday night.

Higdon is the Scottish Premier League's top scorer this season, having netted 26 league goals for Motherwell.

The club said it was aware of the situation.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "A 29-year-old man is the subject of a report to the procurator fiscal in connection with an alleged assault at a nightclub in Ingram Street in Glasgow at 1.25am today."

GreenCastle
06-05-2013, 10:29 AM
On in Scotland -

Was supposedly pished at the awards then gets arrested and it's all over the news today - English or not makes the game up here look like a laughing stock once more :rolleyes:

givescotlandfreedom
06-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Journo tweeting this -

It's become a bit of an obsession. Leigh seems to enjoy fatherhood and maybe isn't much like the pseudo journos here but since when was he a fighter?

squire
06-05-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm disgusted Higdon could get in that nick. Some professional he is. Embarrassing

greenlex
06-05-2013, 10:56 AM
I hope Speirs and Cosgrove are all over this.

LioNeilMessi
06-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Journo tweeting this -

It's a bit of a shame that comments like that get thrown about (assuming he's talking about Griffiths). Leigh is a bit of a hot head but appears to take his game seriously and doesn't over do it with drink (like any professional athlete should). His mouth gets him into trouble but he's never been in trouble on night out, has he?

Wotherspiniesta
06-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Journo tweeting this -

Very professional :rolleyes:

Out of interest, how many times has Sparky been arrested following nights out in town? I'd hazard a guess at none!

Infact, I'd doubt Sparky was even up town last night.... I spotted Cat Shearer banging on the window of a closed Lloyds Pharmacy at around 10am this morning.

East Coast Hibe
06-05-2013, 11:21 AM
It's a bit of a shame that comments like that get thrown about (assuming he's talking about Griffiths). Leigh is a bit of a hot head but appears to take his game seriously and doesn't over do it with drink (like any professional athlete should). His mouth gets him into trouble but he's never been in trouble on night out, has he?

By all accounts he does not drink all that much, and is usually one of the first to leave on a night out.

I don't think he has ever been in trouble in pubs or clubs in town

Diclonius
06-05-2013, 11:24 AM
What a fanny.

truehibernian
06-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Very professional :rolleyes:

Out of interest, how many times has Sparky been arrested following nights out in town? I'd hazard a guess at none!

Infact, I'd doubt Sparky was even up town last night.... I spotted Cat Shearer banging on the window of a closed Lloyds Pharmacy at around 10am this morning.

She was looking not half bad this morning have to say - she's a weird one, one day stunning, another day looks like one of Worzel Gummidge's heids.

Now Cat Cubie..................................or Rachel Riley :greengrin Wooooooooooooooooooooooooof !

Stringer
06-05-2013, 11:41 AM

I am pretty sure Leigh doesn't drink.

WestEndHibee
06-05-2013, 12:10 PM
By all accounts he does not drink all that much, and is usually one of the first to leave on a night out.

I don't think he has ever been in trouble in pubs or clubs in town

Yep :agree:. For all his off the field antics, drink is definitely not one of them. The majority of his bad stories are just blown out of proportion nothings that the press so dearly love to "report".

hibby rae
06-05-2013, 12:33 PM
https://twitter.com/oldfirmfacts1/status/331381874368851970

"PFA Player Of The Year Michael Higdon has brought shame to an award previously won by Barry Ferguson, Fernando Ricksen and Paolo Di Canio."

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Aye, sparky wouldv've been front page news, Higdon means its all a joke -

@RonnieMacKay: Just heard that a tiger was found in Higdon's hotel room at the Hilton. #hangover

And another journo -

@alanftemple: Imagine the wee jig Pat Fenlon would have done after the sentence 'PFA award winner was arrested...' ended with 'Michael Hidgon'. #Relief

hibby rae
06-05-2013, 12:38 PM
It's become a bit of an obsession. Leigh seems to enjoy fatherhood and maybe isn't much like the pseudo journos here but since when was he a fighter?

When he was asked how he describes himself he replied "a family man".

LioNeilMessi
06-05-2013, 01:04 PM
When he was asked how he describes himself he replied "a family man".

:agree: A couple of controversial tweets over shadow how much he's matured, as a player & person, over the past year or two. He came across very well in that BBC interview and I hope more people see that side of him instead of basing his character on what they read in the "news".

greenginger
06-05-2013, 02:40 PM
https://twitter.com/oldfirmfacts1/status/331381874368851970

"PFA Player Of The Year Michael Higdon has brought shame to an award previously won by Barry Ferguson, Fernando Ricksen and Paolo Di Canio."

Two fingers Ferguson, Fireworks Fernando, and Fascist loving Di Canio ..... what a crew , but our Leigh should not have been considered for the award because of his behavior ! :confused: Any Medyu like to comment.

Hibercelona
06-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Higdon should be arrested for assault every week on the park, being the big huddy that he is.

lord bunberry
06-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Higdon should be arrested for assault every week on the park, being the big huddy that he is.

Couldn't agree more, he is one of those players who has limited ability but knows how to use his height and build to good effect. I would rather have a leigh griffiths type player any day of the week

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2013, 08:17 PM

Fellaini's done alright assaulting folk every week on the park.

hibby rae
06-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Couldn't agree more, he is one of those players who has limited ability but knows how to use his height and build to good effect. I would rather have a leigh griffiths type player any day of the week

Can't deny it's effective in the SPL though. I'd take him at Hibs. Rather have him inside the tent pissing out than outside pissing in. Especially against the Jambos, give them a taste of their own medicine.

blackpoolhibs
06-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Can't deny it's effective in the SPL though. I'd take him at Hibs. Rather have him inside the tent pissing out than outside pissing in.

I agree, he bullys both our central defenders at will. He's effective at what he does, imagine him up front with Griffiths?

hibby rae
06-05-2013, 08:25 PM
I agree, he bullys both our central defenders at will. He's effective at what he does, imagine him up front with Griffiths?

It would be frightening. Goals from anywhere on the park at any time, any opposition defence would never be able to switch off.

lord bunberry
06-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Can't deny it's effective in the SPL though. I'd take him at Hibs. Rather have him inside the tent pissing out than outside pissing in. Especially against the Jambos, give them a taste of their own medicine.

It is effective but it's not the type of football i would like us to be playing when we finally get back up the right end off the league

hibby rae
06-05-2013, 08:43 PM
It is effective but it's not the type of football i would like us to be playing when we finally get back up the right end off the league

Completely agree. But it wouldn't be the worse idea in the world to have different options when the situation calls for it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-05-2013, 08:58 PM

He certainly ripped McPake a new one in the last game at Fir Park, he was laughing at him towards the end!

Wellfan1984
07-05-2013, 02:25 PM

You don't want to play quick, neat and effective passing game?

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2013, 02:28 PM

:agree: I have seen enough of the Well this season to say i'd love Hibs to play the type of football your team have played.

JimBHibees
07-05-2013, 02:57 PM
:agree: I have seen enough of the Well this season to say i'd love Hibs to play the type of football your team have played.

Agree completely very good team on their day.

edinburghhibee
07-05-2013, 04:35 PM
I think he would be wasted in our team, Motherwell create numerous chances in games by getting to the bye line and either cutting the ball back or swinging a cross in, I can't remember many occasions were we got to the bye line this season.

WestEndHibee
07-05-2013, 05:08 PM

Think of the training bust ups the press could fabricate with these two in the team! :greengrin

It would be such a good forward lineup.

WestEndHibee
07-05-2013, 05:09 PM
I think he would be wasted in our team, Motherwell create numerous chances in games by getting to the bye line and either cutting the ball back or swinging a cross in, I can't remember many occasions were we got to the bye line this season.

:agree: Harris seems to have done it more in the last 4 games than the rest of the team over the whole season.

lord bunberry
07-05-2013, 06:25 PM

I absolutely do want to see that but we don't have the player's to play that way so we would end up punting it up to him. If I'm being honest I just don't like him, I don't like his type of player and I have my doubts he will repeat his form of this season at another club

Hibernia Na Eir
07-05-2013, 09:20 PM
you can take a scouser out of Liverpool......