05-05-2013, 11:03 PM
These jambos had better pay up!

:-D

Broken Gnome
05-05-2013, 11:05 PM
These jambos had better pay up!

:-D

Fair play....

... As long as he had a thorough scrubbing off camera.

wearethehibs
05-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Haha I just saw that. Fair play to him

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Fair play Pat, will they pay up tho?!?

Hibbyradge
05-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Brilliant.

Obviously related to the stuff about his son, he just did the 5-1 on MOTD2.

Just shows how irrelevant itis.

Stringer
05-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Spewing!:trumpet:

Nah, fair play

Hibbyradge
05-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Merge my post.

Well done Pat

lord bunberry
05-05-2013, 11:12 PM
It's important to the jambos and they are important to no one.

frazeHFC
05-05-2013, 11:15 PM
It really does mean nothing to me at all, glad he did it as for a good cause. Pay up yams. :aok:

hfc rd
05-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Just reminding them how much they owe Ukio Bankas in millions.

matty_f
05-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Decent patter from Pat. Get yer wallets out Yams.

PerfectlyFranck
06-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Fair play from Pat, I hope the Jambos donate in return - as promised.
Smoothly worked into referencing it, "5 teams into 1 don't go. 1… Sunderland." :faf:

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx309/HibernianFitbaClub/Screenshot2013-05-06at005907_zpsabfc7103.png

Hibercelona
06-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Hopefully its 2 fingers when he reports on the final highlights. :thumbsup:

edinburghhibee
06-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Just hame fae work what's he done????

Hibercelona
06-05-2013, 12:20 AM
http://oi40.tinypic.com/17fhgw.jpg

PerfectlyFranck
06-05-2013, 12:37 AM

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx309/HibernianFitbaClub/Screenshot2013-05-06at005907_zpsabfc7103.png

After he posted an apology to Jambos on a Hearts forum, they were trying to get a sponsored '5-1' going for him to do it on MOTD.
He did the 5-1 on MOTD2 and so the Jambos will, hopefully, be donating in response.

The charity in question is Autism Scotland.

beensaidbefore
06-05-2013, 12:43 AM

After he posted an apology to Jambos on a Hearts forum, they were trying to get a sponsored '5-1' going for him to do it on MOTD.
He did the 5-1 on MOTD2 and so the Jambos will, hopefully, be donating in response.

The charity in question is Autism Scotland.

Forgive my ignorance, but what was the original apology on kickback for? This is all new to me! :confused:

PerfectlyFranck
06-05-2013, 12:43 AM
http://oi40.tinypic.com/17fhgw.jpg

Give it a rest.

:yawn:

Greentinted
06-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but what was the original apology on kickback for? This is all new to me! :confused:

Post #7 here: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/127251-the-5-1-gesture/#entry3551802

Dear Jambos,

My apologies for barging in on your site, I am sure it isn’t hugely welcome from a Hibs man like me but I feel I need to talk to a number of the real Hearts fans directly. This particular topic seemed strangely fitting. It was recently brought to my attention that some unacceptable comments and language had been used against some Hearts fans on line, emanating from my son’s account. First of all they did come from him or at least some of them did, so no excuse there. In fact this is an open and sincere apology to anyone who was offended.

The excuse/reason for the language is that Simon is on the autistic spectrum and he is unaware of the offence and indeed the consequences of his words sometimes. He is a very keen Hibs fan and obviously got carried away with the ‘banter’ in cyberspace, many others may have done the same but I have told him it is absolutely not acceptable from him. He does not like talking about autism and we as a family have never made any public comments, so it is perfectly understandable if any of you were angered, you didn’t have the full facts.

Most importantly he is not a hateful guy anyway and there is certainly no negative feeling in our family against Hearts or indeed any team. Yes we support our team but it has never meant hatred of the opposition, not in this household anyway.

Like many parents, I was unaware of the intensity of the online ‘debate’, but my wife and I were shocked by it when we were made aware and as such we just couldn’t let it lie. It is worth mentioning that it was not a Hearts fan who brought it to our attention, so thank you to those who witnessed it for being so understanding already.

If any Hearts fan feels the need to contact me personally, I will try to get back on to the site and answer any questions when I have a moment. In the meantime, thanks for your understanding and of course please don’t let up on the abuse at me personally when I am squirming on the telly when Hibs are having a torrid time. Times such as at half time last week against Falkirk at Hampden and there might have been another time at Hampden a little while back but I can’t quite remember it. That abuse is welcome, funny and I always take it in the right spirit.

Good luck for the rest of the season, with the obvious exception of course!

SRHibs
06-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Why is the 5-1 insignificant? We still, pathetically, go on about 0-7 at any given chance, yet us getting humped in the biggest ever derby has somehow been rendered insignificant? No danger. As far as football results go, that one will haunt me more than any other.

Pete
06-05-2013, 12:48 AM

Pat Nevin's autistic son was posting on a hearts message board and getting into arguments. Pat Nevin himself later posted an explanation on the same board and it was very well received and some Jambos suggested they would donate to an autism charity should he do one of those 5-1 hand gestures on the TV.

I have to admit that I was thinking about that episode when I saw Pat on the TV and was pretty shocked when he did it. It was quite clever how he managed to shoehorn it in but Shearer and the presenter were wondering what he was doing. There was an awkward silence for a few seconds but thinking about it, there always is.

Top stuff and I hope the boys on Hearts kickback are true to their word. The posts about Pat and the ones on the Killie match are good to read and it shows that the majority of them are just normal football fans with the same sense of humour and morals as any other. It's probably just a case of the erseholes making the most noise that give a place a bad name.

Pete
06-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Why is the 5-1 insignificant? We still, pathetically, go on about 0-7 at any given chance, yet us getting humped in the biggest ever derby has somehow been rendered insignificant? No danger. As far as football results go, that one will haunt me more than any other.

You're beyond cynical.:greengrin

beensaidbefore
06-05-2013, 12:53 AM
Post #7 here: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/127251-the-5-1-gesture/#entry3551802

Thanks, and well done Pat. His hand may have been forced slightly, but you cant really argue with that for a sincere and genuine apology.

DH1875
06-05-2013, 12:53 AM

IF we win the thing it'll be totally insignificant. In fact they could take it, wrap it up and tie it up in a bow of roses then stick it where the sun don't shine and I wouldn't give a monkeys.

AND there's nothing pathetic about 0-7 :confused: :fenlon.

Hibercelona
06-05-2013, 02:13 AM
Give it a rest.

:yawn:

Shut yer hole. :na na:

Haymaker
06-05-2013, 02:32 AM
5-1 on a neutral ground is not letting in 6 at your rivals or 7 on your own patch.

5-1? We won a cup by that score.

**** the puddle drinkers. I hope the rats they eat for breakfast today taste nice.

**** the tramps.

PerfectlyFranck
06-05-2013, 02:36 AM
5-1 on a neutral ground is not letting in 6 at your rivals or 7 on your own patch.

5-1? We won a cup by that score.

**** the puddle drinkers. I hope the rats they eat for breakfast today taste nice.

**** the tramps.

He done it for a good cause, what is wrong with you two?! :confused:
You and the one above are either obsessive or not understanding the situation entirely.

Haymaker
06-05-2013, 02:43 AM
No, I understand why he was doing it.

5-1 gestures mean **** all to me. The Savilles can flash them, or ask others to, all they like.

PerfectlyFranck
06-05-2013, 02:52 AM
No, I understand why he was doing it.

5-1 gestures mean **** all to me. The Savilles can flash them, or ask others to, all they like.

Then why the '5-1 will never beat 0-7 [which it did]' post? :confused:

A bit out of context. Without risk of losing his job for trolling MOTD, perhaps we could ask him to do a 7-0 for the same charity?
It isn't following the issue that surrounded his kickback post but still a way to raise money for Hibs fans that may not donate otherwise?

Pete
06-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Then why the '5-1 will never beat 0-7 [which it did]' post? :confused:

A bit out of context. Without risk of losing his job for trolling MOTD, perhaps we could ask him to do a 7-0 for the same charity?
It isn't following the issue that surrounded his kickback post but still a way to raise money for Hibs fans that may not donate otherwise?

Did it?

My fingers say otherwise.

Haymaker
06-05-2013, 03:04 AM
It didnt. 7 beats 5. But anyway...

I doubt the vermin will donate any money to the charity.

Hibercelona
06-05-2013, 03:07 AM
They haven't got any money to donate anyway.

Every last penny has gone towards the "Vlad Trust".

Hibrandenburg
06-05-2013, 05:22 AM
Well done Pat Nevin, wee bit of banter and a worthy charity benefits. Now it's up to them to dig deep.

offshorehibby
06-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Pat is on Off The Ball a lot and a few times this season they've managed to get him to slip something obscure into MOTD2 that only the off the ball listeners will understand. he's managed most times.

lord bunberry
06-05-2013, 07:22 AM

5-1 is insignificant to us now, football fans celebrate great victories, defeats are quickly forgotten. Do you think the hearts fans are the slightest bit bothered about 7-0 or 6-2 of course there not but they are significant to us because we won

Time For Heroes
06-05-2013, 07:36 AM

To be fair quite a few on kickback have said they have/will donote, even talking about setting up a donations page.
I reckon we should do the same, great cause.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-05-2013, 07:56 AM

Quite right too (apart from the pathetic part), a lot of people are kidding themselves on.

Northernhibee
06-05-2013, 08:32 AM
:greengrin That did raise a chuckle.

I'll donate if Pat slips a 6-2 reference into next weeks, just for balance :flag:

Pretty Boy
06-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Fair play to him, for a good cause and good to see a lot of Hearts fans keeping their promise and donating.

Makaveli
06-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Hibs class IMO.

Robinho08
06-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Fair play to Pat, like others have said the Yams better pay up!

If or when we win the Scottish, they'll have nothing on us and by them hopefully they'll be struggling big time through years of overspending.

GGTTH

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Fair play Pat.

Hope the gimps get their hands in their pockets and donate to the Autism charity as they said they would.
Pat should set them a target to make sure they don't embarrass themselves with empty pledges and hot air...

PatHead
06-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Had a wee look on the JKB site and noted Pat had sent them a post:- Posted Today, 10:25 Obviously I can't resist a dare, especially if the Autism Research Trust makes a couple of quid. I didn't get back in until 3am after doing MOTD2 and first thing I thought when I woke up was, I wonder if they noticed it on JKB?

All a bit of fun and I have to reiterate that I am so impressed by the reaction on the site. I don't get to check it all very often as I am travelling a lot, but I have read the posts on this thread and have got nothing but positives to say about how you have treated it all. (Offering to pledge £15.15 was genius).

I will be trying to contact a few of the guys personally on the core subject when I have time, meanwhile I have to prepare for the Chelsea v Spurs and help build some analysis tech stuff for the Scottish Cup final. It was suggested I do a Q& A at some point on JKB and I would be happy to do that, but maybe after I do one with the Hibs sites first, I am getting the odd shifty glance from some other Hibbees, though most have had the same attitude as yourselves, it has been fun.

Pat Nevin Are there any plans to do this admins?

essexhibee
06-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Great stuff pat! And good on the hearts fans for responding with donations well done :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
06-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Posted Today, 10:25
Obviously I can't resist a dare, especially if the Autism Research Trust makes a couple of quid. I didn't get back in until 3am after doing MOTD2 and first thing I thought when I woke up was, I wonder if they noticed it on JKB?

All a bit of fun and I have to reiterate that I am so impressed by the reaction on the site. I don't get to check it all very often as I am travelling a lot, but I have read the posts on this thread and have got nothing but positives to say about how you have treated it all. (Offering to pledge £15.15 was genius).

I will be trying to contact a few of the guys personally on the core subject when I have time, meanwhile I have to prepare for the Chelsea v Spurs and help build some analysis tech stuff for the Scottish Cup final. It was suggested I do a Q& A at some point on JKB and I would be happy to do that, but maybe after I do one with the Hibs sites first, I am getting the odd shifty glance from some other Hibbees, though most have had the same attitude as yourselves, it has been fun.

Pat Nevin

From Kickback :top marks

Green Cabbage 7
06-05-2013, 11:47 PM

Insigificant to me. There has been many games were there has been 4 goals between us we beat them 5-1 going on to win the cup for starters, and they might say the 7 nil game was only 2 points but lets not forget these games are always more than that, 7 nil there own backyard and on New Year's Day you can't beat that especially as it is the greatest margin of victory between us, that's why it hurt that day but they still did not manage to take the crown from us as the earlier poster said hibs win the cup we will forget all about it, 7 nil will live on and on and on till they beat( no chance).

hibeedonald
07-05-2013, 01:13 AM
Insigificant to me. There has been many games were there has been 4 goals between us we beat them 5-1 going on to win the cup for starters, and they might say the 7 nil game was only 2 points but lets not forget these games are always more than that, 7 nil there own backyard and on New Year's Day you can't beat that especially as it is the greatest margin of victory between us, that's why it hurt that day but they still did not manage to take the crown from us as the earlier poster said hibs win the cup we will forget all about it, 7 nil will live on and on and on till they beat( no chance).

Hibs win the cup we will forget about it? Seriously?

Take your head out the sand, the 5-1 game was one of the worst days of my life and it is unlikely there will be a lower day supporting Hibs.

hibeedonald
07-05-2013, 01:13 AM

They donated several hundred pounds so far, show some respect.

Hibercelona
07-05-2013, 02:21 AM

Take your head out the sand, the 5-1 game was one of the worst days of my life and it is unlikely there will be a lower day supporting Hibs.

Hearts fans are soon to have the worst day of their lives and we may be going on to have the best day of our lives.

So look up eh.

Pete
07-05-2013, 02:43 AM

What's all this "take your head out of the sand" stuff all about that we hear from those who choose to feel embarrassed about the last cup final.

It's as if the correct position we should all be taking is one of total embarrassment and those who are over it are somehow kidding themselves. If people like yourself can't get over that result then that's your problem but don't dare try and drag us down to your way of thinking.

There's so much shoe-gazing and self-pity from some and I really wonder what they are all about. This cup run has been fantastic and if we win then it will blow all this 5-1 stuff out the water. Completely.

Even if we lose it will have been one hell of a ride.

If anyone wants to look back and let themselves be hurt by things that have happened in the past then go for it. Just leave the rest of us out of it.

givescotlandfreedom
07-05-2013, 04:30 AM

It hurt me too but with that attitude we might as well just support the Merricks. If we pissed away £25m/£45m/£57m that wasn't ours we'd horse them too.

500miles
07-05-2013, 05:59 AM

Relegation under McLeish felt worse.
Sauzee getting sacked was heartbreaking.
Mixu getting pushed was absolutely infuriating.
As soon as I watched Craig Thomson invent Hearts' penalty, and send off Pa - who shouldn't have even been booked in the first play - that game just became the a continuation of a number of games in which he gave baffling, inexplicable and highly influential decisions against us. The support and the club should have kicked up **** after his performance, because even without a major outcry, he was banned from handling our matches for an entire round of games afterwards.

We might still have lost - although at 2-1, you could see Hearts ********s twitching just before the break - but we would never have lost in the manner we did had any other match official been in charge.

marinello59
07-05-2013, 06:10 AM

I rarely think about the 5-1 thing. And to be honest there are far more upsetting things in life than losing a football match.
If we win the cup.....IF.........then that will more than compensate for the hurt felt that day. Or it will for me anyway.:thumbsup:

scoopyboy
07-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Hearts fans are doing well with their donations.

marinello59
07-05-2013, 06:28 AM

Nice one. Good banter and money raised for a good cause. :thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
07-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Relegation under McLeish felt worse.
Sauzee getting sacked was heartbreaking.
Mixu getting pushed was absolutely infuriating.
As soon as I watched Craig Thomson invent Hearts' penalty, and send off Pa - who shouldn't have even been booked in the first play - that game just became the a continuation of a number of games in which he gave baffling, inexplicable and highly influential decisions against us. The support and the club should have kicked up **** after his performance, because even without a major outcry, he was banned from handling our matches for an entire round of games afterwards.

We might still have lost - although at 2-1, you could see Hearts ********s twitching just before the break - but we would never have lost in the manner we did had any other match official been in charge.

:agree: Plus I think some of the cup finals we lost in the 70s were for me harder to take because of the teams we had then.

Broken Gnome
07-05-2013, 06:39 AM
I rarely think about the 5-1 thing. And to be honest there are far more upsetting things in life than losing a football match.
If we win the cup.....IF.........then that will more than compensate for the hurt felt that day. Or it will for me anyway.:thumbsup:

I find it really hard not to think about it, not so much for the match because there were mitigating circumstances, but it was a huge part of life for over a month. Everything led to that day, and for it to pass off as it did was such a massive waste of all the hype and excitement.

That said, after it was so easy to think any future win wouldn't be the same as winning last year. If we beat Celtic, it won't matter a jot.

down-the-slope
07-05-2013, 06:46 AM
Had a wee look on the JKB site and noted Pat had sent them a post:- Posted Today, 10:25 Obviously I can't resist a dare, especially if the Autism Research Trust makes a couple of quid. I didn't get back in until 3am after doing MOTD2 and first thing I thought when I woke up was, I wonder if they noticed it on JKB?

Pat Nevin Are there any plans to do this admins?

Great stuff pat! And good on the hearts fans for responding with donations well done :thumbsup:

They donated several hundred pounds so far, show some respect.

Nice one. Good banter and money raised for a good cause. :thumbsup:

This is what its about - a decent man and decent fans making some good out of a potentially difficult situation :not worth

Can I respectfully ask those wanting a 'ours is bigger than theirs' argument to do it on another thread :aok:

NorthNorfolkHFC
07-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Currently on Sportsound doing his best team. I really like listening to him, talking very passionately about former teammates.

Also mentioned that Steve Clarke would have been Hibs manager had it not been for finance. Shame, bet he would have some great!

(((Fergus)))
07-05-2013, 05:53 PM
This is what its about - a decent man and decent fans making some good out of a potentially difficult situation :not worth

Can I respectfully ask those wanting a 'ours is bigger than theirs' argument to do it on another thread :aok:

They might even like to go and pledge £62.07. ;)

GlenrothesHibee
07-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Pat Nevin just oozes class for me. Intelligent and knowledgeable. Just like the average Hibby

DH1875
07-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Pat Nevin just oozes class for me. Intelligent and knowledgeable. Just like the average Hibby

That'll be the same Pat Nevin who was just on the radio saying how he supported celtic and that his big regret was never playing for them. He had the chance to join them three times in his career, Paul McStay tapped him up but on two occasions his club wouldn't let him go and the third was when he was at Tranmere. They accepted an offer from a club, Pat turned it down flat as he thought it was Bolton but didn't realize till it was to late that it was Celtic who were after him.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-05-2013, 07:03 PM
This should be fun!

To be honest I'd prefer not to witness it being performed by a Hibs man on national tv, its bad enough seeing some Jambo lassie that runs about doing it in this mornings Sun!

Andy74
07-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Currently on Sportsound doing his best team. I really like listening to him, talking very passionately about former teammates.

Also mentioned that Steve Clarke would have been Hibs manager had it not been for finance. Shame, bet he would have some great!

I'd have been driving an Aston Martin to work today if it hadn't been for finance.

NorthNorfolkHFC
07-05-2013, 07:07 PM
I'd have been driving an Aston Martin to work today if it hadn't been for finance.

I dont know what you do for a living but your analogy is possibly more unlikely than Steve Clarke at Hibs.

Apologies if I am wrong and you had to settle for Porsche instead.

Monts
08-05-2013, 12:03 PM
That'll be the same Pat Nevin who was just on the radio saying how he supported celtic and that his big regret was never playing for them. He had the chance to join them three times in his career, Paul McStay tapped him up but on two occasions his club wouldn't let him go and the third was when he was at Tranmere. They accepted an offer from a club, Pat turned it down flat as he thought it was Bolton but didn't realize till it was to late that it was Celtic who were after him.

Its well known he was a celtic fan, but changed to hibs

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 12:38 PM

Really…? :doh:

A quick wiki of 'Pat Fenlon' will sort you out! :agree: