PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen.

SaulGoodman
05-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Horrible team, between diving again and that Mcginn celebrating in front of the Dundee fans like he'd scored some fantastic goal.

Still seem to think they're something big when they're far from it, would like to see them relegated next season.

Mini rant over :agree:

Hiber-nation
05-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Couldn't believe the diving by Pawlett, today's was awful and Sportscene showed the 2 against us which were as bad and another for St Johnstone.

Mr Magoo
05-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Couldn't believe the diving by Pawlett, today's was awful and Sportscene showed the 2 against us which were as bad and another for St Johnstone.

McInnes says it wiz a penalty. What ****ing game was he watching

Aldo
05-05-2013, 10:28 PM
McInnes says it wiz a penalty. What ****ing game was he watching

He wiz watching the game through red tinted specks. !!! Surely that was obvious ;-))

God Petrie
05-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Tinpot bitter club. Hope they enjoyed being pumped out of last two Scottish cups!

PerfectlyFranck
05-05-2013, 10:35 PM
I recall a thread on their forum after they beat us 1-0 at ER.
I thought it was 'We Will Finish Second'

But it turns out...

We're Going To Win The League

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=31731

We may have fallen just as far since then, but a lot of fans were realistic - unlike these chaps.

frazeHFC
05-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Horrible team, horrible stadium.

And to the last 2 Cup games between us,
:giruy:

LeighLoyal
05-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Tinpot bitter club. Hope they enjoyed being pumped out of last two Scottish cups!

Ironic that Milne, who was raging at Gilmour and hinting at Sevco collusion regards their reconstruction snub, has kept this mob in the SPL.

SaulGoodman
05-05-2013, 11:01 PM

But it turns out...

We may have fallen just as far since then, but a lot of fans were realistic - unlike these chaps.
Just had a look on their forum, according to some numpty there, everyone does it and pawletts being made to look bad because 'he wears red' :faf:

Hibercelona
05-05-2013, 11:58 PM
They're only second to Hearts in their levels of delusion.

They still fancy themselves as European beaters.

Jones28
06-05-2013, 12:03 AM
**** off Aberdeen. Never have and never will have any sort of like/sympathy/empathy for them. A team living on their short-lived former achievements with a dwindling fan base and *****hole stadium. Their level of class was defined by pawletts dive and McGinns' celebration today.

R'Albin
06-05-2013, 12:08 AM
Horrible team, between diving again and that Mcginn celebrating in front of the Dundee fans like he'd scored some fantastic goal.

Still seem to think they're something big when they're far from it, would like to see them relegated next season.

Mini rant over :agree:

:thumbsup:

Pete
06-05-2013, 02:49 AM
Don't mind Aberdeen. Unlike Hearts, they have every reason to have high standards as they did actually conquer Europe.

All they are doing is looking back on past achievements while Hearts supporters are listening to The modern Romanov "Bigger than Barca" spin.

The North of Scotland has become a place where an increasing amount of young men have taken the easy route when trying to form some sort of identity. The "Unionist, Union flag, I know a mason and therefore hate Catholics and anything Irish" type of person has increased big time up there. Aberdeen are anti-Rangers in every way and the day their support starts dwindling in great numbers is the day these knuckle-draggers win.

We also need strong teams with big supports outwith the old-firm. I'd like to think we can survive without them and Aberdeen are one of the city teams who travel well and have a relatively good home support. We should all be looking out for each other (Hearts only included when they suffer the consequences of their overspending) as I think we are underselling ourselves as a collective, and should start selling the league to the world instead of artificially encouraging two teams as a battering ram. Something similar to the way the NFL markets itself and spreads resources would be ideal.

It's a Scottish league and the population of Scotland is not concentrated to the extent that 70% live in two specific areas of Glasgow.

yeezus.
06-05-2013, 09:00 AM
I've made this point before but I'll make it again on here.

I lived in Aberdeen for three years and I've never come across fans like them - they seem to have an excuse to hate every single team in Scotland bar themselves. One called we a weegie! Their fans are pish as well - they were beating Dundee United 3-0 and when United got a late consolation the home fans started going mental calling their team *****.

It's unfortunate Dundee went down that way.

Pretty Boy
06-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Horrendous fans who still believe they are only a couple of seasons away from European success again.

They last won a trophy in 1995 and were last consistently decent in about 1990.

I don't think anyone who hasn't lived or worked in the city can grasp just how arrogant and deluded they are, if there was a league for living in a fantasy worlf they would give Hearts a run for their money.

Football has changed beyond recognition since Fergie was there, it's time they realised that.

NAE NOOKIE
06-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Yeh .... living on past glories. What a great team they were.

Never seen such a classless celebration than after their 'penalty' ... what a tool!

Geo_1875
06-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Don't like them much but any club and group of supporters that hate Rangers that much can't be all bad.

yeezus.
06-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Don't like them much but any club and group of supporters that hate Rangers that much can't be all bad.

One of my mate's convinced me to go to Aberdeen Rangers and sit in the South Stand - right beside the hun fans. That was a really good night, although I lost my voice for 48 hours and Rangers won 1-0.

*Should add, it was good after 7 pints in the St. Machar beforehand.

Holmesdale Hibs
06-05-2013, 09:49 AM

But it turns out...

Wow. This is unbelievable. I never thought I'd say this, but they are the most deluded fans in Scottish football.

Some of the posts in that thread are more rediculous than all the Celtic conspiracy theories, ****bos 50000 seated stadium and champions league ambitions, and even the shenanigans from castle grayskul.

Silly sheep****ging *******s. This is comedy gold.

marinello59
06-05-2013, 10:06 AM
The North of Scotland has become a place where an increasing amount of young men have taken the easy route when trying to form some sort of identity. The "Unionist, Union flag, I know a mason and therefore hate Catholics and anything Irish" type of person has increased big time up there. Aberdeen are anti-Rangers in every way and the day their support starts dwindling in great numbers is the day these knuckle-draggers win.

Care to point me towards the studies that has help you form this opinion? Or maybe you spend a great deal of time up there and have seen it first hand?

marinello59
06-05-2013, 10:08 AM
I look forward eagerly to the day Aberdeen's slow steady decline results in their relegation. I would enjoy that almost as much as seeing Hearts go down.

hugo boss
06-05-2013, 11:48 AM
how many dives is he going to get away with? wee rat:flag:

Argylehibby
06-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Should receive a lengthy ban IMO. He has already been done for simulation to win penalties this season and if the people running the game want to stop this, repeat offenders should be given 4 or 5 game ban. Is it not 2 games for the first one so at least double for the 2nd.

It's also wrong that players who don't get away with it on the day get a booking where those that do get the 2 game ban. Make it a sending off with 2 game ban and right away the mind-set of the players change, it's not worth the risk then.

Geo_1875
06-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Won't change until serious consequences are invoked. Points deductions for the team involved would knock it on the head. However, it won't happen as it would seriously affect the big teams all over Europe. And when commentators persist with this " There was contact so he' s entitled to go down" nonsense it just makes it harder to enforce.

Seveno
06-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Of all the dives made by this blatant cheat, the one yesterday was the worst. Even the commentators said 'dive' immediately.

Were you watching, Mr Lunny ?

Sadly for Dundee, a suspension for Pawlett won't give them the points that they deserved.

CallumLaidlaw
06-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Of all the dives made by this blatant cheat, the one yesterday was the worst. Even the commentators said 'dive' immediately.

Were you watching, Mr Lunny ?

Sadly for Dundee, a suspension for Pawlett won't give them the points that they deserved.

It should be an increased ban if its a repeat offence.

Pete
06-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Care to point me towards the studies that has help you form this opinion? Or maybe you spend a great deal of time up there and have seen it first hand?

I spend enough time up there and know enough people.

however, all my opinions are backed up with studies. The one I used to form this opinion?...I'll get back to you.

marinello59
06-05-2013, 04:05 PM
I spend enough time up there and know enough people.

however, all my opinions are backed up with studies. The one I used to form this opinion?...I'll get back to you.

I will look forward to it. Until you do I will just dismiss your opinion as narrow minded central belt bias. I love your 'that type of person.' comment . It's a belter.:greengrin

Smiggy 7-0
06-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Pawlett......cheatin' divin' little *unt. Watched the highlights last night, Retro ban for diving defo, but the difference this time is that it has resulted in Dundee being relegated. Time this sort of thing was dealt with more seriously, like game being replayed? And as for Mcginn, should have off too...shocking the way went to the Dundee fans, pity the fan running at him never got there, deserved as smack in the mouth.

SaulGoodman
06-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Don't mind Aberdeen. Unlike Hearts, they have every reason to have high standards as they did actually conquer Europe.

Time for them to live in the present, their stadiums a hole, nobody likes them, and they play some of the worst football I've seen in a long time.

I think even the Hearts players would have more class than to celebrate in front of the Dundee fans, and that's saying something.

Pete
06-05-2013, 05:07 PM
I will look forward to it. Until you do I will just dismiss your opinion as narrow minded central belt bias. I love your 'that type of person.' comment . It's a belter.:greengrin

What if I said that I didn't think it was a phenomenon unique to the north of Scotland and that there were just as many people like that in the central belt

It would make your search for an argument that little bit more difficult this time. I'm sure you'll manage though. You're good at what you do.

yeezus.
06-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Time for them to live in the present, their stadiums a hole, nobody likes them, and they play some of the worst football I've seen in a long time.

I think even the Hearts players would have more class than to celebrate in front of the Dundee fans, and that's saying something.

:agree: They should accommodate us in the Main stand, their south stand is god awful. We would also be a bit more protected from the seagulls.

SaulGoodman
06-05-2013, 07:51 PM
:agree: They should accommodate us in the Main stand, their south stand is god awful. We would also be a bit more protected from the seagulls.

Or the wind, or the atmosphere..

Apparently their 'oompa band' has made a big difference this season though :faf:

yeezus.
06-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Or the wind, or the atmosphere..

Apparently their 'oompa band' has made a big difference this season though :faf:

When did they arrive? I was at the 1-2 defeat up there and there wasn't a peep out of any home fan!

EDIT: That's a lie, a woman told me I should go in and get a proper shirt of **** off back to Stranraer.

SaulGoodman
06-05-2013, 08:08 PM
When did they arrive? I was at the 1-2 defeat up there and there wasn't a peep out of any home fan!

EDIT: That's a lie, a woman told me I should go in and get a proper shirt of **** off back to Stranraer.

First I heard of them was in January, and welcome to Aberdeen mate

yeezus.
06-05-2013, 08:17 PM
First I heard of them was in January, and welcome to Aberdeen mate

I moaned for most of the nearly 3 years I lived there but I really miss the city! Not the rubbish fans though.

SaulGoodman
06-05-2013, 08:22 PM
I moaned for most of the nearly 3 years I lived there but I really miss the city! Not the rubbish fans though.

I meant the team of course, nothing against the town :greengrin

YehButNoBut
06-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Dundee manager John Brown warned he would walk away from football if he is punished for his criticism of referee Alan Muir.

Brown described Muir's decision to award Aberdeen a penalty in their crucial encounter on Sunday a "disgrace" and argued it had sent his team down.

Niall McGinn netted the equaliser to consign Dundee to the Scottish Premier League drop after Muir had pointed to the spot when Peter Pawlett fell theatrically as he ran past Lewis Toshney.

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes has defended Pawlett, who has previously been banned for diving, and insisted there was contact, but Brown claims he would substitute any player who won a penalty in such a way for his team.

Brown, who recently signed a two-year contract, told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound: "I'd take him off right away. And if I feel as though the SFA would punish me for any outburst about any referee then I'd walk away from football. "It's our livelihoods. It's the players' livelihoods. Players are going to lose their jobs, staff around Dens Park are possibly going to lose their jobs.

"It was a high-profile game, a massive game. Surely they could change the officials and get the top officials?" Brown is unconcerned whether Pawlett faces retrospective action but he feels the Scottish Football Association should look at lessons from their own perspective.

"He is a young player and he's got previous but you have officials out there to deal with that," said Brown, who has lost just one of his nine SPL games in charge. "It was a blatant dive. He was diving with two feet before he has even come near the player. "I'm not too concerned about the player, I'm concerned about the officials. The officials are the ones that have cost us the game.

"I have never seen a blatant a dive in a long time. The referee is 20 yards away, the assistant referee is just behind that. Surely he can see that? Dundee had an opportunity to take this down to another weekend and it was taken out of our hands by a diabolical decision. I'm still very bitter about it. "Maybe the guy's okay, a decent referee, but he made a massive mistake.

"I've been happy with the referees. We had some dodgy decisions, in the cup game against Dundee United the ball was out the park and they got a free-kick and got a goal from it. "I've not complained about too many referees, in general they have been spot-on. I had a gripe about yesterday because it was a major decision."

http://www.teamtalk.com/scottish-premier/8696419/Brown-could-walk-away-from-game?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Pete
07-05-2013, 01:26 AM
If you want to make a blanket statement about the North of Scotland have the guts to stand by it instead of deflecting the argument by having a snidey wee personal dig .

It's a trend that is common all over the country but I never felt the need to say that...and it's nothing to do with "deflection" as I don't believe there is an argument to be had here. I do believe I've spoken to enough people who know what they are talking about to form an opinion on this matter.

Poor construction on my part.:rolleyes:

Lucius Apuleius
07-05-2013, 06:01 AM

I am really trying to understand what you are saying here. I don't particualrly like the Union, I do like the Union Flag though having sailed under it for 28 years, I know lots and lots of Masons but I am yet to meet one who hates everything Catholic and everything Irish. :confused:

marinello59
07-05-2013, 06:01 AM
It's a trend that is common all over the country but I never felt the need to say that...and it's nothing to do with "deflection" as I don't believe there is an argument to be had here. I do believe I've spoken to enough people who know what they are talking about to form an opinion on this matter.

Poor construction on my part.:rolleyes:

After reading my quoted post this morning I realise it wasn't the smartest response I could have made. Apologies.
You may have a point but that's probably best discussed on another thread.