PDA

View Full Version : Ryan McGivern

JimBHibees
05-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Personally think he will be struggling for the final as his knee deffo hyperextended. Hope not but looked bad to me.

3pm
05-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Yep

Andy74
05-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Reported as a knock. Maybe not telling the whole truth?

JimBHibees
05-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Reported as a knock. Maybe not telling the whole truth?

Certainly wasnt a knock his right knee buckled and wouldnt surprise me if some serious ligament damage. If so a major loss for final IMO.

SMAXXA
05-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Personally think he will be struggling for the final as his knee deffo hyperextended. Hope not but looked bad to me.

Ok doctor Jim :greengrin

TomoHFC
05-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Hope he recovers before the final

JimBHibees
05-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Ok doctor Jim :greengrin

Hope I am wrong but his knee went in a funny angle and seemed to buckle, certainly wasnt a knock. Have done my cruciate a couple of times so some personal experience. McCann and Glass also seemed to think it was serious.

Andy74
05-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Ach well. I hear he's mince anyway.

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Hope I am wrong but his knee went in a funny angle and seemed to buckle, certainly wasnt a knock. Have done my cruciate a couple of times so some personal experience. McCann and Glass also seemed to think it was serious.

:agree: When i saw it at the time i thought it looked a bad one, but he did play on a bit. And he was running ok ish after, perhaps he had a bit of pain and thought it was best to come off. The doctors were putting ice on his knee and his ankle, so hopefully this was to take no chances?

SMAXXA
05-05-2013, 06:14 PM

Your right mate it did look a bad one. I done my medial a few years ago and I couldn't walk so would hope its not as bad as we fear it may be

Stringer
05-05-2013, 06:20 PM
It will be a precaution. It is a meaningless game. We should really be talking about clancy though. Stevenson should be starting ahead of him.

JimBHibees
05-05-2013, 06:20 PM

Certainly not mince, and would be the sort of player who could give a real performance in the final.

Mr White
05-05-2013, 07:21 PM
His pass for harris's goal was brilliant. It's a shame that the goal won't stand, though under the circumstances that's insignificant compared to a man's life hanging in the balance I suppose.

Big Sexy Dave
05-05-2013, 07:40 PM
My players always hyperextend on Fifa, ****ing bugs me rotten.

Zazu62
06-05-2013, 07:13 AM
So was it a bad one? Out for a while??

fatbloke
06-05-2013, 05:01 PM

:agree:

Heedersnvolleys
06-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Saw him driving away from the training ground today about 3ish this afternoon. With other players leaving around the same time so hopefully he was involved with the rest of the squad.

Onion
06-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Saw him driving away from the training ground today about 3ish this afternoon. With other players leaving around the same time so hopefully he was involved with the rest of the squad.

All part of the PF master plan :greengrin

monktonharp
07-05-2013, 12:46 AM
:agree: When i saw it at the time i thought it looked a bad one, but he did play on a bit. And he was running ok ish after, perhaps he had a bit of pain and thought it was best to come off. The doctors were putting ice on his knee and his ankle, so hopefully this was to take no chances?

I thought he got clipped just above his ankle on the calf. he was limping a fair bit after it but surely it was not his knee?

DH1875
07-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Certainly wasnt a knock his right knee buckled and wouldnt surprise me if some serious ligament damage. If so a major loss for final IMO.

Another example of why we shouldn't be playing the first team for the next couple of weeks.

Onion
07-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Why have we not had an update from Hibs on McGivern ? If that was Hooper or some other Celtic first team pick the press would be all over it.

dangermouse
07-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Why have we not had an update from Hibs on McGivern ? If that was Hooper or some other Celtic first team pick the press would be all over it.

You answered your own question.

J-C
07-05-2013, 09:35 AM
I thought he got clipped just above his ankle on the calf. he was limping a fair bit after it but surely it was not his knee?

Ice pack was placed below the knee on the side of the calf, looked to be just a wee knock.

Onion
07-05-2013, 09:37 AM
You answered your own question.

So your suggestion is that no one has bothered to ask ????

JimBHibees
07-05-2013, 10:41 AM

Looked like his knee buckled on the tv and the physio was certainly checking his knee when he came on however obviously hope he is fine.

YehButNoBut
07-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Doesn't sound as if the injury is too serious, as according to todays Scotsman he has a chance of playing on Sunday but will not be risked if there is any doubt, more hopeful after reading this that he'll be ok for the final.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McGivern was assessed by the club’s physios yesterday and will receive further treatment from today onwards but Fenlon revealed the 23-year-old was lucky not to have suffered 
serious injury.

He said: “When you look at the video he has planted his heel, it’s given way and his leg has buckled. He could have done some real serious damage and he’s lucky that’s not the case.

“Ryan tried to play on but he said he felt a little bit unstable so it was important he come off because he could have done more damage.”

As for McGivern’s chances of facing Hearts at Tynecastle this weekend, Fenlon said: “We will look at him again today but it’s a bit early to say. There’s a bit of swelling but we do not think he has done any major damage,

“Hopefully he will be okay but we’ll assess him over the next couple of days and see where he is. We won’t, though, be taking any risks.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-ryan-mcgivern-in-fitness-race-1-2921824

JimBHibees
07-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Doesn't sound as if the injury is too serious, as according to todays Scotsman he has a chance of playing on Sunday but will not be risked if there is any doubt, more hopeful after reading this that he'll be ok for the final.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McGivern was assessed by the club’s physios yesterday and will receive further treatment from today onwards but Fenlon revealed the 23-year-old was lucky not to have suffered 
serious injury.

He said: “When you look at the video he has planted his heel, it’s given way and his leg has buckled. He could have done some real serious damage and he’s lucky that’s not the case.

“Ryan tried to play on but he said he felt a little bit unstable so it was important he come off because he could have done more damage.”

As for McGivern’s chances of facing Hearts at Tynecastle this weekend, Fenlon said: “We will look at him again today but it’s a bit early to say. There’s a bit of swelling but we do not think he has done any major damage,

“Hopefully he will be okay but we’ll assess him over the next couple of days and see where he is. We won’t, though, be taking any risks.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-ryan-mcgivern-in-fitness-race-1-2921824

Sounds promising though PF does sounds vague at this bit.

oconnors_strip
07-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Certainly not bad enough injury to keep him from having a Sunday sesh.

The man likes his Guinness

ahibby
07-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Certainly not bad enough injury to keep him from having a Sunday sesh.

The man likes his Guinness

Although alcohol does nothing for recovery, he isn't ill so he needs to enjoy himself to a degree. All work and no play etc etc.

hibsbollah
09-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Any further news on McGivern? In contention for Sunday?

oconnors_strip
09-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Any further news on McGivern? In contention for Sunday?

He said last night it wasn't as bad as it looked. Still getting treatment but is determined to play on Sunday!

hibsbollah
09-05-2013, 10:15 AM
He said last night it wasn't as bad as it looked. Still getting treatment but is determined to play on Sunday!
:aok:
Id favour Lewis if in doubt, give Ryan some rest. Clancy v Walker is a bigger worry on current form...