PDA

View Full Version : Danny handling

West hamBERNIAN
05-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Just wondered what people's thoughts were on him. When I think back to others who have gone on to be successful for us they've come in and shown ability and confidence from the off. He seemed a little hesitant to just have a go today I thought. Not saying he won't make it, just think he's not ready maybe.

Andy74
05-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Just wondered what people's thoughts were on him. When I think back to others who have gone on to be successful for us they've come in and shown ability and confidence from the off. He seemed a little hesitant to just have a go today I thought. Not saying he won't make it, just think he's not ready maybe.

Looked a bit lost up front. It's been a good decision to give him some time wide. Not convinced but I may have been wrong in the past. Doubt it though.

500miles
05-05-2013, 04:47 PM
I think he's similar to Doyle last season. Needs to get a bit of strength about him, and relax in the last third. Could still be a good player. A wee bit of pace about him, can take on a man and wants the ball.

Stevie Reid
05-05-2013, 04:49 PM
His semi final performance has so far been the definitive moment of his Hibs career, and hopefully he can kick on from that - I thought he played well against St. Mirren last week, but didn't look too hot up front today. Early days though.

I think Fenlon is right to play him wide right just now, seems too lightweight for playing up front at the moment.

Leighonel
05-05-2013, 04:59 PM
He looks like he is thinking too much about what he is doing rather relying on his instincts. He gets himself on the ball quite a bit but playing infront of the other teams defence doesn't really suit his game in my opinion. He should be in behind defences, unfortunately for him and doyle we dont play that way.

I wouldn't like to form an opinion of him until he has a good run of games next season.

neil7908
05-05-2013, 05:26 PM
I think he's done fairly well, I agree with another poster that his style is probably not best suited to how Hibs are playing at the moment and he could do with putting on a few pounds himself and having a target man alongside him (someone like Daly) to hold the ball up and play off.

I was quite surprised Caldwell didn't get a start today but I'm hopefully both will come good with a little more time and experience.

Stringer
05-05-2013, 05:37 PM
I don't see him as a striker. Hopefully he starts out wide for the cup final with Doyle playing in behind Leigh. Caldwell should have been starting today.

SMAXXA
05-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Not convinced

ekhibee
05-05-2013, 06:08 PM
I reckon Handling will be a really good player for Hibs, given time. The same applies to Harris and Caldwell of course, but I would like to see Caldwell getting more time on the pitch.

JimBHibees
05-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Quite like him not great today however still young. Thought he did well last week and in the semi.

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Not convinced, wish he had blistering pace. Plenty of time for him to convince me though.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2013, 06:49 PM
I think he's shot shy.

PerfectlyFranck
05-05-2013, 06:51 PM
I think he's shot shy.

He's not shot shy, just a s*** shot

BEEJ
05-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Give the kid more time to settle in.

J-C
05-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Still a young lad, got good feet and pretty intelligent, being played out of position due to lack of any real decent wide men, will be a good back up to whoever we have up front next year, can only get better with experience.

Gatecrasher
05-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Give the kid more time to settle in.
:agree:
its crazy some folk seem to be giving up on him when he's only had about 4 starts.

.Sean.
05-05-2013, 08:29 PM
:faf:

18 years old and being written off by the Hibs.net experts already? New low for some.

bingo70
05-05-2013, 08:36 PM

18 years old and being written off by the Hibs.net experts already? New low for some.

I wouldn't write him off but i do have some concerns about him.

I think he's lacked a cockyness that young players should have and hasn't made enough of an impact in the chances he's had, IMO he tries to play it safe too often and if he's going to make it at this level he needs to be more positive, see Alex Harris as an example of how i think a good young player breaking into the team should take his chance. I've not been at recent games, it sounds like he's starting to do that a bit more which is great but i'm guessing by this thread he's not doing it often enough still.

Hope he does make it but i'm not convinced he will.

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2013, 08:37 PM

Is he really being written off, a couple not convinced but he has plenty of time is the general feeling is it not?

JimBHibees
05-05-2013, 08:47 PM

Dont think anyone is writing him off however just having a view over whether they think he will be a big player for Hibs in the future. Way too early to judge IMO.

Northernhibee
05-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Think that a full pre season plus more game time next season will do him a lot of good.

Think that Scott Robertson is going to be our Claros next season too, putting that out there at the same time.

rcarter1
05-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Loads of time to grow into a player. I remember some people saying that Steven Fletcher wasnt cutting the mustard (at the age of 17 I believe). Fingers crossed for all our youngsters they can develop into decent players..

Jonnyboy
05-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Sign of the times. Instant success or out you go

Laddie will come good - patience is a virtue :wink:

marinello59
05-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Sign of the times. Instant success or out you go

Laddie will come good - patience is a virtue :wink:

:agree:

Holmesdale Hibs
05-05-2013, 09:53 PM
He looks ok but it's difficult to judge someone that young over a handful of games. Maybe people are expecting too much from him as Harris is on a good run of form.

I remember Riordan and Ian Murray took a few games to really get going and they turned out alright. I'm sure there must be other examples.

At this point in time, Handling doesn't look out of place in our first team so given his age I think he has a lot of potential. I hope he takes his chance to become one of many good players to come through our youth system.

SMAXXA
05-05-2013, 09:55 PM
He looks ok but it's difficult to judge someone that young over a handful of games. Maybe people are expecting too much from him as Harris is on a good run of form.

I remember Riordan and Ian Murray took a few games to really get going and they turned out alright. I'm sure there must be other examples.

At this point in time, Handling doesn't look out of place in our first team so given his age I think he has a lot of potential. I hope he takes his chance to become one of many good players to come through our youth system.

:agree: I agree you make some good points

1987green
05-05-2013, 10:24 PM

Really needs to stay out of Railway and concentrate more on playing for Hibs and stop swanning around like Billy Big Baws for me to be convinced

Jones28
06-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Far too premature to make any sort of judgement on him. His lack of cockiness suggests he has the head screwed on and is playing at a more mature level IMO.

MrRobot
06-05-2013, 12:16 AM
Hadnt been convinced he was good enough but changing my kind. Good to see a player hungry for hibs.

macd123
06-05-2013, 04:08 AM
If you hadn t seen the aberdeen and st mirren games you might think that. Very impressive in those games.

The Sea-gull
06-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Like all young players, needs a bit of time to settle in. I actually think his performance in the semi was ok but not as good as has been made out. He just looked better because of the shambles that had went on before he came on.

Felt in the semi, understandably so because of his age and experience, he faded for fitness and confidence towards the end and there were a couple of times where he just didn't seem to have it in him to chase for balls and he held off shooting a couple of times too. That's not to say he didn't make a good contribution though.

One to persevere with if not hang our hats on or get too excited about. He could certainly have a part to play in the final and depending on what tactics PF decides to adopt it will be between him and Doyle as to who starts and who comes off the bench.

NAE NOOKIE
06-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Looks like a promising player to me. There have been a couple of times where he has in a good position to score but didnt get a good contact on his shot, resulting in an easy save for the keeper.

That has probably resulted in him being a wee bit shot shy. All he probably needs to get going is a goal.

Pretty Boy
06-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Quite liked the look of both Handling and Caldwell in flashes.

Both clearly still raw but with game time and experience reckon they could be good options for us.

GreenOnions
06-05-2013, 09:58 AM

Opinions eh! I actually thought the opposite yesterday! I have always thought Danny looked like he has natural ability but that he hadn't shown much in his first team appearances that suggested to me he would go on to make it.

Yesterday against Killie I thought he showed quite a bit of composure and, for the first time, I felt that he may be able to make the step up and be a player for us. I particularly liked his short reverse pass on the edge of the box (to Done I think - where he was given marginally offside) as it is this type of incisive contribution that has been missing from his games with us so far.

He did seem to have been given slightly more of a licence to roam away from the wing than I have seen until now and he popped up a few times in the hole just behind Griffiths where I thought he showed promise.

Keep it up Danny!