PDA

View Full Version : Dundee bumped by diver Pawlett

neilmartinrocks
05-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Dundee relegated by well dodgy penalty. Cannae wait tae see highlights pawlet shuild hae been booked for diving.

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2013, 04:01 PM
that **** certainly has form for a dive now and then

leither17
05-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Dundee relegated by well dodgy penalty. Cannae wait tae see highlights pawlet shuild hae been booked for diving.

No chance he is such an honest pro

Hainan Hibs
05-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Was it not Pawlett who swan dived against us at Pittodrie a couple of seasons back to win a pen?

Wouldn't be able to describe my feelings if the final nail in the coffin of SPL membership would be delivered due to a Pawlett dive.

Mikey
05-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Unless Hearts pick up that 18 point deduction...............

blaikie
05-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Cant wait to I hear that tadger Browns take on it! They wont be relegated anyway, Those "Maroon-Morons" are for the drop :wink:

neilmartinrocks
05-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Was it not Pawlett who swan dived against us at Pittodrie a couple of seasons back to win a pen?

Wouldn't be able to describe my feelings if the final nail in the coffin of SPL membership would be delivered due to a Pawlett dive.

Thats the ****. Nearly a riot wi that tit mcginn celebrating in front of dundee fans think he got booked.

LeighLoyal
05-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Pawlett, the diving little tinker.

Scottie
05-05-2013, 04:09 PM
If proved again the lad Pawlet should be banned retrospectively

It's not the 1st time. It's happening every game he plays in

Gareth Bale could learn a thing or 2 from Pawlet :greengrin

Saorsa
05-05-2013, 04:11 PM
If proved again the lad Pawlet should be banned retrospectively

It's not the 1st time. It's happening every game he plays in

Gareth Bale could learn a thing or 2 from Pawlet :greengrinthat'll no dae dundee much good if they get emptied

LeighLoyal
05-05-2013, 04:13 PM
No contact at all on Pawlett from the reports I can see. Shameful stuff.

Scottie
05-05-2013, 04:13 PM
that'll no dae dundee much good if they get emptied

Aye true Dan

But surely your fed up o cheatin fermin like him. I know i am :grr:

Saorsa
05-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Aye true Dan

But surely your fed up o cheatin fermin like him. I know i am :grr:I am but a 1 game ban for what is nothing other than blatant cheating insae going tae stop it. Much tougher punishments need tae start being handed out. How much is his cheating going tae cost Dundee.

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2013, 04:16 PM
john brown not a very happy chappy talking about the officials

Stringer
05-05-2013, 04:39 PM
We didn't beat them once. FFS.

Billy Whizz
05-05-2013, 04:39 PM
We didn't beat them once. FFS.

Yes we did, 3-0 at ER, earlier in the season

Hibercelona
05-05-2013, 04:40 PM
I really dislike that little fud.

I hope next time he hits the turf, it will be for a more valid reason.

Andy74
05-05-2013, 04:40 PM
I am but a 1 game ban for what is nothing other than blatant cheating insae going tae stop it. Much tougher punishments need tae start being handed out. How much is his cheating going tae cost Dundee.

Dundee getting relegated wasn't as a result of this though to be fair was it?

500miles
05-05-2013, 04:45 PM

It's small margins like this which are why they are getting relegated instead of St. Mirren.

Look at us lately. If the ref gets obvious, straight forward decisions right, we would be in the top six. Even last week, if the ref acknowleges the blatant foul on Caldwell at St. Mirren's second goal, then we win 3-2.

Too often teams come away talking about the referee, and it's because they give us so much to talk about.

Andy74
05-05-2013, 04:49 PM
It's small margins like this which are why they are getting relegated instead of St. Mirren.

Look at us lately. If the ref gets obvious, straight forward decisions right, we would be in the top six. Even last week, if the ref acknowleges the blatant foul on Caldwell at St. Mirren's second goal, then we win 3-2.

Too often teams come away talking about the referee, and it's because they give us so much to talk about.

St Mirren must have had the odd decision go against them too? I understand today's game was the one that decided it but its a long season and it all counts ultimately.

neilmartinrocks
05-05-2013, 04:50 PM

final blow though mate.

500miles
05-05-2013, 04:58 PM
St Mirren must have had the odd decision go against them too? I understand today's game was the one that decided it but its a long season and it all counts ultimately.

They probably have, but it's not the marginal decisions that are the problem. You can accept that. A marginal offside, or the player just getting to the ball/just missing the ball and that sort of thing is fine. You will get mistakes. But it's been too often this season that we've seen, in other games and our own, inexplicable decisions at crucial points.

Andy74
05-05-2013, 05:01 PM
They probably have, but it's not the marginal decisions that are the problem. You can accept that. A marginal offside, or the player just getting to the ball/just missing the ball and that sort of thing is fine. You will get mistakes. But it's been too often this season that we've seen, in other games and our own, inexplicable decisions at crucial points.

The earlier ones just don't seem crucial at the time though.

hibs4thecup1988
05-05-2013, 05:01 PM

I hate it when people say that.

Us not getting top 6 was literally because of the refs at tannadice and linesman at ER versus Hearts. SIMPLES. Doesn't matter how good or bad we were, that was the reasons.

Dundee were relegated TODAY because of Pawlett DIVING AS USUAL.

Should be a 10 game ban if proven, simple as that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Cheater Pawlett

Northernhibee
05-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Cheater Pawlett

:agree: The boy is a con artist and **** footballer to boot.

TomoHFC
05-05-2013, 05:28 PM
England has Ashley Young, Wales has Gareth Bale, Spain has Sergio Busquest, Uruguay has Luis Suarez and Scotland has Peter Pawlett. The complete divers pack

.Sean.
05-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Brutal. Don't mind Dudee, rather have them in the league than the likes of St Johnstone and St Mirren.

Pawlett's a cheating ****, hopefully next time he hits the deck it's with a genuine sore one. No place for cheats in the game.

Northernhibee
05-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Must say, totally classless of McGinn to be giving it large to the Dundee fans as well.

neilmartinrocks
05-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Must say, totally classless of McGinn to be giving it large to the Dundee fans as well.

the dick nearly caused a riot. but he was booked so can anything else be done?
:confused:

Hibs Class
05-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Feel sorry for the average Dundee fan, but their club was guilty of financial doping even before the yams, and no sympathy for Brown who will have happily hoovered up decision after decision whilst he was a Hun.

Hibs Class
05-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Feel sorry for the average Dundee fan, but their club was guilty of financial doping even before the yams, and no sympathy for Brown who will have happily hoovered up decision after decision whilst he was a Hun.

Should add that notwithstanding Dundee being the victims here that I do agree that Pawlett is a disgusting little scrote who should be hounded from the game as rapidly as possible. That Aberdeen continue to condone and benefit from his cheating says much about how that club has descended into the gutter as well. I'd have more respect if they condemned him for being a cheat.

brog
05-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Absolutely shocking dive from Pawlett but how on earth did the ref not spot it? Pawlett was in air long before the Dundee player came near him.

Saorsa
05-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Absolutely shocking dive from Pawlett but how on earth did the ref not spot it? Pawlett was in air long before the Dundee player came near him.because the standard is appalling?

Hibs Class
05-05-2013, 07:48 PM
I see McInnes has endorsed the penalty decision. Looks like Aberdeen have appointed another cheating unseeing arse.

brog
05-05-2013, 08:00 PM
because the standard is appalling?

you're right of course but his dive is ludicrous. Mind you only in Scotland could a player, Pawlett, win his appeal against a sending off & then get banned for 2 games for diving in the same game! IIRC he was also booked for diving in the cup game this season.

weedgiehibbie
05-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Not seen the Pawlett incident yet but heard on sportsound Aberdeen's Willie Miller say he though at the time there was very little contact an not enough to send him down.

unfortunately i was only listening to sportsound to the last few mins of the Dundee game and never heard anything of Richard gordon if he was hosting the programme. I wonder if he has any opiion of Pawlett not only today but on past dives as well on which he was guilty of diving like gordon had on the O'conner incident v St Johnstone where O'Conner was found innocent :devil:

frazeHFC
05-05-2013, 09:04 PM
MgGinn could easily have sparked a riot with his celebration, always been surprised they don't have a barrier between that stand and the pitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT9mhj3IhyI&feature=youtu.be

Jonnyboy
05-05-2013, 09:24 PM
I am but a 1 game ban for what is nothing other than blatant cheating insae going tae stop it. Much tougher punishments need tae start being handed out. How much is his cheating going tae cost Dundee.

Makes you wish he'd bitten the defender on the way down :greengrin

Pawlett is a disgrace to his profession

Wotherspiniesta
05-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Just showing all Pawlett's dives on Sportscene. Guy should be ashamed of himself.

poolman
05-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Just showing all Pawlett's dives on Sportscene. Guy should be ashamed of himself.

That wee gobsh%&# should get a long ban for his consistent swallow diving in the box

neilmartinrocks
05-05-2013, 09:43 PM
MgGinn could easily have sparked a riot with his celebration, always been surprised they don't have a barrier between that stand and the pitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT9mhj3IhyI&feature=youtu.be

was at the game and if the polis and stewards hudnae been as quick as they were Mcginn was a dead man.

marinello59
05-05-2013, 09:49 PM
I hate it when people say that.

Us not getting top 6 was literally because of the refs at tannadice and linesman at ER versus Hearts. SIMPLES. Doesn't matter how good or bad we were, that was the reasons.

Dundee were relegated TODAY because of Pawlett DIVING AS USUAL.

Should be a 10 game ban if proven, simple as that.

We finished in the bottom six because we played like a bottom six club for most of the season. Those decisions didn't help but the main blame lies with the manager and players.

Saorsa
05-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Makes you wish he'd bitten the defender on the way down :greengrin

Pawlett is a disgrace to his professionJust watched it, what a cheat, it's so blatant and they highlighted several more times including the one against us (that Thomson couldnae wait tae give of course). It's no even sly it's blatant, just shows how bad the refs are though that they are actually conned by that. It's time that cheat and others like him started getting hammered for that sort of thing, one match bans are pathetic and dae nothing whatsoever tae discourage it and what's makes it worse it that him manager is actually backing the decision, wonder if he's another one who disnae need replays. I'd start with him and a 10 match ban. Dundee may have gone down in the end anyway but that pathetic dive by that cheating little scrote put the lid on it.

Jonnyboy
05-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Just watched it, what a cheat, it's so blatant and they highlighted several more times including the one against us (that Thomson couldnae wait tae give of course). It's no even sly it's blatant, just shows how bad the refs are though that they are actually conned by that. It's time that cheat and others like him started getting hammered for that sort of thing, one match bans are pathetic and dae nothing whatsoever tae discourage it and what's makes it worse it that him manager is actually backing the decision, wonder if he's another one who disnae need replays. I'd start with him and a 10 match ban. Dundee may have gone down in the end anyway but that pathetic dive by that cheating little scrote put the lid on it.

:agree: :top marks

LeighLoyal
05-05-2013, 09:55 PM
No surprise Hibs hater Craig Thomson swallowed whole one of Pawlett's dives vs us. I hate that Gorgie ratbag.

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2013, 11:02 PM
was at the game and if the polis and stewards hudnae been as quick as they were Mcginn was a dead man.

:faf: naw he wisnae, as usual some fans ran to the front to abuse him, and pretend they were about to go after him onto the pitch, but there was plenty of spaces for them to get on, but nobody did.

I love a right good over reaction, its usually how someone could have caused a riot, when there's not been any riots at the football in Scotland in 30-40 years. :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Just saw the dive on SSN, I actually burst out laughing! What a shocking decision!

Jones28
05-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Pawlett diving again? Ffs, how many times is he going to get away with it?

weecounty hibby
06-05-2013, 06:22 AM
Not seen the Pawlett incident yet but heard on sportsound Aberdeen's Willie Miller say he though at the time there was very little contact an not enough to send him down.

unfortunately i was only listening to sportsound to the last few mins of the Dundee game and never heard anything of Richard gordon if he was hosting the programme. I wonder if he has any opiion of Pawlett not only today but on past dives as well on which he was guilty of diving like gordon had on the O'conner incident v St Johnstone where O'Conner was found innocent :devil:
Spot on. Not only Richard Gordon but the whole BBC sports team had a real agenda against GOC and Hibs after the St Js game. Will be interesting to see if they talk about pawlett for weeks like they did with GOC

Pretty Boy
06-05-2013, 07:34 AM
I really, really, really hate Aberdeen.

They have some players it's easy to dislike and their fans are almost as deluded as our neighbours.

Aldo
06-05-2013, 07:39 AM
I have just watched the highlights and dear O dear. Clear dive . Dundee player didn't even touch him.

The ref IMHO was let down by the linesman who would of had a better view.

Pawlett needs ripped a new one. That was as blatant a dive as I've seen. One word

CHEAT.

As for McGinn... He showed his class after scoring. Poor poor

lord bunberry
06-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Just watched it, what a cheat, it's so blatant and they highlighted several more times including the one against us (that Thomson couldnae wait tae give of course). It's no even sly it's blatant, just shows how bad the refs are though that they are actually conned by that. It's time that cheat and others like him started getting hammered for that sort of thing, one match bans are pathetic and dae nothing whatsoever tae discourage it and what's makes it worse it that him manager is actually backing the decision, wonder if he's another one who disnae need replays. I'd start with him and a 10 match ban. Dundee may have gone down in the end anyway but that pathetic dive by that cheating little scrote put the lid on it.

Your right but that means nothing to the sfa or the spl. It will be another 1 game ban and he will be doing the same thing next season

NAE NOOKIE
06-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Watched Sportscenes wee montage of his finest moments ..... all the fans in the SPL should give it tight to this wee scrote every time he steps on the park. Folk pay good money to watch a fair contest. I can suck it up if Hibs are rank and get beaten. I can even accept that refs and linesmen can muck it up, even when a blind man can see what happened, like the ball being 3 feet over the line.

But a player cheating time and again in order to get a result is unnaceptable.

Robinho08
06-05-2013, 08:58 AM
My Dad and a couple of my uncles are Dundee fans, so always had a soft spot for them. Shouldn't have really been promoted in the first place IMO. But hopefully Hearts will go into admin before the end of the season so Dundee get another crack at the SPL.

Heisenberg
06-05-2013, 09:42 AM
It's clear to see when he's taking a dive, went down the exact same way in every clip sportscene showed of him doing it previouslyt. Pre meditated cheat. Hope he gets done for it. Should be 4 games.

easty
06-05-2013, 09:53 AM
It's clear to see when he's taking a dive, went down the exact same way in every clip sportscene showed of him doing it previouslyt. Pre meditated cheat. Hope he gets done for it. Should be 4 games.

He should definitely be suspended for a few games, they shouldnt impose it until the end of the season though. Make him miss games at the start of next season, not games that don't matter at the end of this season.

The_Sauz
06-05-2013, 10:37 AM
He will be offered a 2 game ban as normal :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2013, 10:53 AM

a very good point :agree: would like to hear his balanced opinion on that cheating **** pawlett

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2013, 10:59 AM
3:35 secs, pathetic pawlett

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/22422796

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2013, 09:14 PM
john brown says he could walk away from football if he gets pulled up about his comments re: the match officials

Dundee manager John Brown warned he would walk away from football if he is punished for his criticism of referee Alan Muir after his side's relegation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22429117

cheat pawlett seriously needs a long ban for his antics

greenlex
06-05-2013, 09:34 PM

Spot on. Not only Richard Gordon but the whole BBC sports team had a real agenda against GOC and Hibs after the St Js game. Will be interesting to see if they talk about pawlett for weeks like they did with GOC

a very good point :agree: would like to hear his balanced opinion on that cheating **** pawlett
Sorry to disappoint you lads. Richard Gordon called it as he saw it. A dive.

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2013, 09:40 PM

doesn't disappoint me in the slightest, i like richard gordon :aok: the other points raised are relating to how much he went on and on and on about that supposed 'dive' by G O'Connor, hopefully he will make as big an issue on sportsound re: the pawlett 'dive'(which wasn't his first dive either)...as he did O'Connor :agree:

Saorsa
06-05-2013, 11:27 PM
john brown says he could walk away from football if he gets pulled up about his comments re: the match officials

Dundee manager John Brown warned he would walk away from football if he is punished for his criticism of referee Alan Muir after his side's relegation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22429117cheat pawlett seriously needs a long ban for his anticsmuch as I thought he talked ***** the last time he opened it Brown is spot on :aok: refs are so bad it' no even funny any mair, it ridiculous that they are beyond criticism.

weecounty hibby
07-05-2013, 06:44 AM

My point was that Gordon and the sportsound team and off the ball team were on some kind of mission for weeks about GOC. Will be interested to see how long the pawlett story hoes on for. GOc was of course cleared of any wrongdoing by TV evidence but pawlett is a habitual cheat

Aldo
07-05-2013, 06:53 AM
My point was that Gordon and the sportsound team and off the ball team were on some kind of mission for weeks about GOC. Will be interested to see how long the pawlett story hoes on for. GOc was of course cleared of any wrongdoing by TV evidence but pawlett is a habitual cheat

He sure was and what bout Pawlett. 2nd time he's been caught Blatantly taking a fall. 1st time 2 game ban... For me 2nd time 4 game ban and so on.

If your a cheat you should be punished accordingly. Anyone heard McInnes' views on incident!!

neilmartinrocks
07-05-2013, 08:07 AM
He sure was and what bout Pawlett. 2nd time he's been caught Blatantly taking a fall. 1st time 2 game ban... For me 2nd time 4 game ban and so on.

If your a cheat you should be punished accordingly. Anyone heard McInnes' views on incident!!

Stonewaller according to him.

ronaldo7
07-05-2013, 08:24 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/22422795

Aldo
07-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Ta fur that. See Pawlett has been cited for simulation against Dundee

GordonHFC
08-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Ta fur that. See Pawlett has been cited for simulation against Dundee

Can someone tell me why he has been offered a 2 match ban when this serial cheat has been caught doing the exact same thing in the past. His cheating has resulted in a team ultimately being relegated. I know it is results over a season that get you relegated but until he did his customery falling down in the box Dundee were still alive and kicking in the league. Time to come down hard on these individuals or they will keep trying to gain unfair advantages.

Jonnyboy
08-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Can someone tell me why he has been offered a 2 match ban when this serial cheat has been caught doing the exact same thing in the past. His cheating has resulted in a team ultimately being relegated. I know it is results over a season that get you relegated but until he did his customery falling down in the box Dundee were still alive and kicking in the league. Time to come down hard on these individuals or they will keep trying to gain unfair advantages.

Indeed.

Two things about this incident that really pi55 me off.

1. Where is the deterrent if repeated cheating attracts the same punishment?

2. Aberdeen FC's insistence that the laddie has been tried by the media so there's no point in appealing. Shameful statement by the club who would earn huge respect if they banned the wee cheat and fined him a hefty whack.

BTW Gordon, these points not aimed at you specifically :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
08-05-2013, 08:35 PM
loving this new Bump/Bumped buzz word.

neilmartinrocks
08-05-2013, 08:44 PM

"bumped" deprived of something through dubious means. denied whats rightfully yours.
"i was bumped for my giro" being the classic example:greengrin

weedgiehibbie
08-05-2013, 08:53 PM

Feel free no problem mate :agree:

I actually like Gordon as a host, i think he has said his boy is a Hibby after hearing him go on about Joe Harper whom when Gordon Jnr was getting into football was at Hibs and fair play to Richard gordon for coming out and stating on air he felt it was indeed a dive :agree: (didn't hear it myaelf but have no reaosn to doubt you and it does ring a bell as i think i heard other folk say it too)

Here's hoping we can use repeat cheats like Pawlett to highlight and stamp out diving in at least the Scottish game rather then - as mentioned earlier in the thread - have a constant pop at players who were found having no ase to answer regarding answer regarding diving/cheating

Aldo
08-05-2013, 09:12 PM
1st ban for simulation 2 games

2nd ban = 4 games

3rd ban = 8 games

And so on and so forth.

That"ll maybe give the serial divers food for thought??

gogsy23
08-05-2013, 09:30 PM

I actually like Gordon as a host, i think he has said his boy is a Hibby after hearing him go on about Joe Harper whom when Gordon Jnr was getting into football was at Hibs and fair play to Richard gordon for coming out and stating on air he felt it was indeed a dive :agree: (didn't hear it myaelf but have no reaosn to doubt you and it does ring a bell as i think i heard other folk say it too)

Here's hoping we can use repeat cheats like Pawlett to highlight and stamp out diving in at least the Scottish game rather then - as mentioned earlier in the thread - have a constant pop at players who were found having no ase to answer regarding answer regarding diving/cheating

His boys a dundee fan.

Jonnyboy
08-05-2013, 09:31 PM

2nd ban = 4 games

3rd ban = 8 games

And so on and so forth.

:top marks

neilmartinrocks
08-05-2013, 09:36 PM
His boys a dundee fan.

Im sure a few years ago my mate told me he saw Richard Gordon in a show of the FULL MONTY in some dundee amdram thing.
Wonder if its the same one.:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2013, 09:46 PM
2 game ban for pete the cheat :rolleyes: that should make sure he never does it again eh, hit the cheats where it can only possibly hurt...in the pocket :agree:

NOLA
08-05-2013, 10:42 PM
seeing as pawlett has been given a 2 match ban for simulation then why does brown still have to answer the call of saying the officials made a mistake? dundee are effectivley relegated because of the decision to award the pen (which had to be scored right enough) crazy.

Prof. Shaggy
09-05-2013, 05:43 AM

"bumped" deprived of something through dubious means. denied whats rightfully yours.
"i was bumped for my giro" being the classic example:greengrin

There I was hearing it in a Joe Tex "ain't gonna bump no more..." kind of mode...

tamig
09-05-2013, 07:17 AM

That wouldve made Richard Gordon about 12 when his boy was born if Harper was with us at the time.

The_Sauz
09-05-2013, 07:43 AM

2nd ban = 4 games

3rd ban = 8 games

And so on and so forth.

I would agree for the first 2 bans, but I would say the third ban should be points deduction for the club as they are clearly not dealing with the problem!
Refs need to do more about diving! How many times have you seen a ref walk away from penalty incidents in the past? If a player goes down in the box, then it's either a penalty or a booking!

Sean1875
09-05-2013, 09:33 AM
seeing as pawlett has been given a 2 match ban for simulation then why does brown still have to answer the call of saying the officials made a mistake? dundee are effectivley relegated because of the decision to award the pen (which had to be scored right enough) crazy.

Sums up how ridiculous the SFA are. Ban Pawlett for diving, then discipline Brown for criticising the decision, which the SFA have effectively agreed was the wrong call to make by the referee.. All logic out the window. No change there. :rolleyes:

Hovehibby
09-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Sums up how ridiculous the SFA are. Ban Pawlett for diving, then discipline Brown for criticising the decision, which the SFA have effectively agreed was the wrong call to make by the referee.. All logic out the window. No change there. :rolleyes:

Aberdeen have accepted the charge and the 2-match ban. The SFA should now drop the 1-match ban on Brown. Anything else would be just silly. Then again, we're taking about the SFA here

Eyrie
09-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Brown has been called to account by the SFA for questioning the competence of the referee who was deceived by Pawlett's dive. If he'd concentrated his comments on Pawlett's cheating and said he was disappointed that the ref had fallen* for it there would have been no case to answer.

Aberdeen's basis for not contesting the ban is very amusing since the media can only highlight that there was no contact or reason for their player to go down precisely because there was no contact or reason for him to go down except cheating.

*Unintended but appropriate pun.

hibsbollah
09-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Absolutely shocking dive from Pawlett but how on earth did the ref not spot it? Pawlett was in air long before the Dundee player came near him.

:agree: although Pawlett deserves the pelters he's rightly receiving, it was a pathetic attempt at a dive, he's not even GOOD at it. The truly shameful thing was that the officials were taken in by it. As Sportscene pointed out, his 5 or so bits of previous they showed were all 'do a wee jump and collapse as if shot in the head' school. NO ref should have been fooled by any of them. At least with Bale, when you see him leaving his foot out, kicking the opponent for the briefest second before seemingly genuinely losing his balance, you know youve been conned by a master.

hibsbollah
09-05-2013, 03:21 PM

I agree. But since its John Brown we're talking about a ban is clearly justified :greengrin

Seveno
09-05-2013, 06:14 PM
I was disgusted to hear McInnes earlier today still trying to defend Pawlett. Sounds like McInnes is Aberdeen class already.

eastterrace
09-05-2013, 06:30 PM
:agree: although Pawlett deserves the pelters he's rightly receiving, it was a pathetic attempt at a dive, he's not even GOOD at it. The truly shameful thing was that the officials were taken in by it. As Sportscene pointed out, his 5 or so bits of previous they showed were all 'do a wee jump and collapse as if shot in the head' school. NO ref should have been fooled by any of them. At least with Bale, when you see him leaving his foot out, kicking the opponent for the briefest second before seemingly genuinely losing his balance, you know youve been conned by a master.

wat you mean he no good at diving he got four pens i can think of, you seem to be a master off reading gareth bale he has went down easy sometimes but he does get fouled and running at pace you will go down

ronaldo7
10-05-2013, 07:44 AM
It seems the Govan Blaw is not true to his word. Surprise surprise.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4921525/Bomber-close-to-quitting.html

Lucius Apuleius
10-05-2013, 07:59 AM
I would agree for the first 2 bans, but I would say the third ban should be points deduction for the club as they are clearly not dealing with the problem!
Refs need to do more about diving! How many times have you seen a ref walk away from penalty incidents in the past? If a player goes down in the box, then it's either a penalty or a booking!

Totally disagree with your kast point. There are many incidents of good tackles that can make a man go down but not fouled. There are even cases of players going over when nobody from the opposition is anywhere near.

Saorsa
10-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Refs need to do more about diving! How many times have you seen a ref walk away from penalty incidents in the past? If a player goes down in the box, then it's either a penalty or a booking!​Really?