PDA

View Full Version : Stephen McManus

West hamBERNIAN
05-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Manager Tony Mowbray calls centre-half Stephen McManus "a model pro" despite freeing the player from his Middlesbrough contract. (The Sun)

Pretty sure I've seen a thread about him before but with mcpakes form what it is, would be worth a look for next year maybe?

SteveHFC
05-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Yes :agree:

SMAXXA
05-05-2013, 12:35 PM
McManus & McPake :agree:

WestEndHibee
05-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Manager Tony Mowbray calls centre-half Stephen McManus "a model pro" despite freeing the player from his Middlesbrough contract. (The Sun)

Pretty sure I've seen a thread about him before but with mcpakes form what it is, would be worth a look for next year maybe?
definitely. Solid player.

Billychaotic182
05-05-2013, 12:40 PM
At this level he would be a huge signing. Can't see it myself though. Can't see us signing him and Thomson full time

Scottie
05-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Yes please but could we afford his kind of wage.?
Would imagine he will have been on a healthy Championship wage at Boro.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Would guess he could still pick up much better money down South without being pushed too much

West hamBERNIAN
05-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Would guess he could still pick up much better money down South without being pushed too much

Well for whatever reason he's not made it with boro despite being a "model pro". How many clubs down south will want to spend big wages on him. Hopefully. Don't see him back at Celtic.

Holmesdale Hibs
05-05-2013, 02:43 PM
I used to hate him when he played for Celtic and he used to put in a few dodgy/hard tackles. Good player though and I'd be happy of we signed him.

eastterrace
05-05-2013, 02:46 PM
I used to hate him when he played for Celtic and he used to put in a few dodgy/hard tackles. Good player though and I'd be happy of we signed him.

yes nearly broke fletcher leg , also we tried to get him years ago but he wanted none of it ( think mowbray tried to get him on lone) dont like him but we aint in a position to pick and choose

West hamBERNIAN
05-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Big strong no nonsense defender, we'll get one eventually. Least we won't get outbid by that skanky mob anymore.:aok:

Up The Bracket
05-05-2013, 04:48 PM
McManus and Hanlon would be a great centre half pairing.

neil7908
05-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Well for whatever reason he's not made it with boro despite being a "model pro". How many clubs down south will want to spend big wages on him. Hopefully. Don't see him back at Celtic.

To be honest, I've not seen him play since he left Celtic so no idea what his form has been like in the last few years. Based on his time at Celtic though he could definitely do a job for us.

I think its a decent point you've made there aswell, he's being let go by Boro who have just finished 16th in the Championship. I would imagine he'll be very lucky to stay in that league, more realistically he would be looking at a League 1 team. He still might be offered more than we can but I dont think it would be outwith our budget to bid against teams in that division.

Equally, in Scotland we are in strong position to compete with other clubs in the SPL outwith Celtic.

millarco
05-05-2013, 04:56 PM
McPake and McManus would be the slowest centre half pairing in the league.

West hamBERNIAN
05-05-2013, 05:34 PM

Speed isn't that important if you read the game well at the back, hopefully that's what he'd bring.

Aldo
05-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Why is everyone dropping Hanlon, who for me is the best CH at the club. ( not everyone but most)

West hamBERNIAN
05-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Why is everyone dropping Hanlon, who for me is the best CH at the club. ( not everyone but most)

Was thinking that myself, Hanlon has looked really good the last few games. Mcpake hasn't been able to read the flight of a ball never mind the game. Never seen such a dramatic drop in performance. God knows what we practice in training but I don't think it's defending high balls or passing moves.

Up The Bracket
05-05-2013, 06:39 PM

Agree with that, Hanlon has hardly put a foot wrong this season.

JimBHibees
05-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Agree with that, Hanlon has hardly put a foot wrong this season.

Disagree he has made many mistakes and if he is the best centre half at the club it is faint praise at the moment. I like Paul however he isnt as dominant as he could be and at times is as weak as a kitten. He lost the first header today for the goal and wasnt great last week either. Big room for improvement from both our centre backs and if McGivern is unavailable for final we have little or no options.

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2013, 06:52 PM

McPake can do no wrong in some folks eyes even when he's playing crap.

Forthview
05-05-2013, 06:57 PM
McPake was pathetic allowing Boyd to score easily today, another 1 chalked up against him.

Leighonel
05-05-2013, 07:05 PM

McPake must be one of the quicker cb's in the league. His trademark move seems to be chasing down the striker, winning the ball and shielding it out or winning a fk.

Paisley Hibby
05-05-2013, 07:25 PM

Well said :agree:

East Coast Hibe
05-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Christophe Berra has also left Wolves.

Despite the fact he is an ex Yam, he could certainly do a job for us ?

LeighLoyal
05-05-2013, 07:43 PM
What about Zemmama? I suspect he must be on his way out also. Wee man was good to watch.

thebakerboy
05-05-2013, 07:55 PM
McManus & McPake :agree:
McManus for McPake on current form methinks

Billy Whizz
05-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Christophe Berra has also left Wolves.

Despite the fact he is an ex Yam, he could certainly do a job for us ?

Been offered a deal at Celtic and a Turkish team, and also he's a Yam fud!

J-C
05-05-2013, 08:18 PM
McPake must be one of the quicker cb's in the league. His trademark move seems to be chasing down the striker, winning the ball and shielding it out or winning a fk.

I do hope this was said very much tongue in cheek, if not you have serious vision problems. :confused:

WestEndHibee
05-05-2013, 08:26 PM
What about Zemmama? I suspect he must be on his way out also. Wee man was good to watch.

An absolute delight to watch and one f my favorite players when he was on form. Just blew too hot or cold for my liking.

West hamBERNIAN
06-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Was a big fan of zemmama, if he was still the same kind of player he was when he left then he'd do a good job. Got a feeling he's been playing a more defensive roll at boro I'm sure I read that. Just the kind of player we need though, somebody that carries the ball from midfield and creates.