PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hogg

Kevvy1875
04-05-2013, 02:04 PM
First game back today after 18 months out the game with cruciate ligament injury. Potential career-ender. Well done that man.

Bishop Hibee
04-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Agreed. A great partner for big Rob Jones.

500miles
04-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Part of the best centre half partnership outwith the OF with Rob Jones, and part of our best defensive run with Sol Bamba.

Entirely underrated, particularly during the latter stages of his time with us. McPake would have been dropped long before now if Hoggy was still with us, and fit.

lord bunberry
04-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Part of the best centre half partnership outwith the OF with Rob Jones, and part of our best defensive run with Sol Bamba.

Entirely underrated, particularly during the latter stages of his time with us. McPake would have been dropped long before now if Hoggy was still with us, and fit.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with that, I thought he looked great with jones along side him but his last season especially he was absolutely shocking

Sir David Gray
04-05-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm sorry but I can't agree with that, I thought he looked great with jones along side him but his last season especially he was absolutely shocking

Agreed.

He was a good servant to the club, went about his business and never badmouthed us on his departure. However some of his performances, particularly towards the end of his time with us, were awful.

I wish him all the best though and it's good to see him back from such a terrible injury.

He was also part of a Hibs cup winning team and for that alone, he deserves some respect.

lord bunberry
04-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Agreed.

He was a good servant to the club, went about his business and never badmouthed us on his departure. However some of his performances, particularly towards the end of his time with us, were awful.

I wish him all the best though and it's good to see him back from such a terrible injury.

He was also part of a Hibs cup winning team and for that alone, he deserves some respect.

Totally agree with you about him being a decent guy and one who showed a lot of dignity when he was on the receiving end of some pretty nasty abuse from the stands

stoneyburn hibs
04-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Is he still at ICT ?

Sir David Gray
04-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Is he still at ICT ?

Yes.

500miles
04-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Agreed.

Put it this way, has he finished below us in the league since he left?

Sir David Gray
04-05-2013, 03:42 PM

Not quite sure what your point is.

lord bunberry
04-05-2013, 03:45 PM

Why didn't we offer him a new deal then

500miles
04-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Not quite sure what your point is.

If he was a poor player who got his reputation hanging on to the coat tails of Rob Jones, his career should have seen a decline. Instead Inverness not only signed him, but re-signed him, and are eager to get him back in the first team.

Towards the end, i felt he got crucified for playing behind the sort of midfield opponents could walk through with the ball. He was never a problem at Hibs, our lack of balance in the midfield was.

500miles
04-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Why didn't we offer him a new deal then

I'm afraid if I say the name of the man Calderwood got to replace him, I might burst into tears.......

But Calderwood thought Sean O'Hanlon was a better option.

Sir David Gray
04-05-2013, 03:58 PM
If he was a poor player who got his reputation hanging on to the coat tails of Rob Jones, his career should have seen a decline. Instead Inverness not only signed him, but re-signed him, and are eager to get him back in the first team.

Towards the end, i felt he got crucified for playing behind the sort of midfield opponents could walk through with the ball. He was never a problem at Hibs, our lack of balance in the midfield was.

The fact that Inverness are a better team than us at the moment has very little bearing on Chris Hogg. He's only played about 20 times for them since he signed for them about two and a half years ago, due to the serious injury he picked up.

Some of the criticism he received was over the top at times, I totally agree with that. But some of the errors he was making in his final season with us were really bad. It was time for him to go, however I have no ill-feelings towards Hogg at all, as I said in my last post he was part of the last Hibs squad to win a trophy so for that alone he should be fondly remembered by the support.

GreenPJ
04-05-2013, 04:01 PM
The fact that Inverness are a better team than us at the moment has very little bearing on Chris Hogg. He's only played about 20 times for them since he signed for them about two and a half years ago, due to the serious injury he picked up.

Some of the criticism he received was over the top at times, I totally agree with that. But some of the errors he was making in his final season with us were really bad. It was time for him to go, however I have no ill-feelings towards Hogg at all, as I said in my last post he was part of the last Hibs squad to win a trophy so for that alone he should be fondly remembered by the support.

So was Michael Stewart

Sir David Gray
04-05-2013, 04:11 PM
So was Michael Stewart

He's different! :wink:

lord bunberry
04-05-2013, 04:35 PM

Regardless of league position leaving hibs to go to ict is a step down in a players career

Kris1875
04-05-2013, 04:40 PM
So was Michael Stewart

He didnt make the final squad though was that not why his face was tripping him ?

blackpoolhibs
04-05-2013, 04:48 PM
He didnt make the final squad though was that not why his face was tripping him ?

His face is always like that.

KeithTheHibby
04-05-2013, 05:05 PM

He was an unused sub as had lost his place to Lewis Stevenson previously. Still picked up a medal.

edwards
04-05-2013, 09:12 PM

Totaly agree thought he was overated and when Jones left I always said to my son he would be found out, the rest is history.

Bostonhibby
04-05-2013, 09:46 PM

I think Chris Hogg was overall, a good footballer, few mistakes that really stood out but it goes with the territory in that position, I dont feel we have had anyone better since and he was a really good guy, never disrespected Hibs and as others have posted hasn't done too badly since.

Glad the injury never finished him off.

Bostonhibby
04-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Regardless of league position leaving hibs to go to ict is a step down in a players career

Hope we manage to avoid them in Europe next season.

beensaidbefore
04-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Wasn't convonced at the time and still dont know why we ever got rid of him. Some of the crap we have had at CB since his departure makes it seem even more bizzarre imo.

beensaidbefore
04-05-2013, 11:00 PM

but does their mamager know anything about defending or the centre half position? Probably not as much as Calderwood does....oh hang on, he was england captain and centre half. Suggests to me that he may know what to look for in that position

Mr Magoo
04-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Wasn't convonced at the time and still dont know why we ever got rid of him. Some of the crap we have had at CB since his departure makes it seem even more bizzarre imo.

We got rid of him because he was atrocious thats how. Rob Jones made him look good. It wasn't till Jones left you reliased how bad he was.

marinello59
05-05-2013, 05:55 AM
We got rid of him because he was atrocious thats how. Rob Jones made him look good. It wasn't till Jones left you reliased how bad he was.

Atrocious? Really? He was with us at least a year before Jones joined us and I don't remember him getting much grief then. Funny how another SPL club who have done better than us over the last few years rated him.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Atrocious? Really? He was with us at least a year before Jones joined us and I don't remember him getting much grief then. Funny how another SPL club who have done better than us over the last few years rated him.

He was in and out the team at 1st? I remember him (during one of the ins) getting slated after a pumping at ICT - think I was on the side of his defence at that time. :greengrin

hibee_girl
05-05-2013, 07:29 AM

:agree:

Bay Area Hibees
05-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Lots people hounded hogg on this forum and at matches. really hacks me off, amateurs like me with no knowledge of the game or players. But this has effect on players at games. Hogg equal of many our current defenders. We'd be better team if just supported players rather than trying to manage team.

Bay Area Hibees
05-05-2013, 08:02 AM

Totally agree. Talk to people in the game who support this notion, solid player. Under appreciated at er.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Totally agree. Talk to people in the game who support this notion, solid player. Under appreciated at er.

He won POTY - so not really under appreciated at all!

As usual though some folk went OTT and others took the polar opposite view - in reality he was decent, no superstar but no huddy either.

matty_f
05-05-2013, 09:10 AM
:
Lots people hounded hogg on this forum and at matches. really hacks me off, amateurs like me with no knowledge of the game or players. But this has effect on players at games. Hogg equal of many our current defenders. We'd be better team if just supported players rather than trying to manage team.

:redindian:

Pretty Boy
05-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Good guy, decent player, hates Hearts.

Good luck to him I say.

HibernianJK
05-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Always loved Hogg as a Hibs player. Seemed like a gent of a footballer and had a bit of talent too.

Part/Time Supporter
21-05-2013, 09:37 PM
http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Foundations-in-place-for-future-success-at-ICT-20052013.htm

Now a free agent after turning down a one year deal at Inverness.

Along with [Andrew] Shinnie and Kilmarnock bound Antonio Reguero departing, Chris Hogg, Gavin Morrison, Shane Sutherland, Martin Laing and Scott Mathieson have headed for the exit door, while Simon King will retire after failing to recover from an ankle injury sustained earlier in the season.

Central defender Hogg, who played the final three games of the campaign after battling back from a serious knee injury that kept him out of the first-team for 18 months, was offered a one-year deal, but Butcher could not give him assurances that he would feature on a regular basis next season.

"I couldn’t guarantee Chris regular first-team football," said [Terry] Butcher. "Gary Warren and Josh Meekings have been absolutely immense for us in central defence this season, so Chris felt it was time to move on."

MrRobot
21-05-2013, 10:16 PM
All the best to him. Always liked Hogg.