PDA

View Full Version : NHC McNamara wants a bonus from the Jags because of promotion.

Paisley Hibby
03-05-2013, 09:47 PM
His lawyers have written to Partick Thistle claiming a bonus because the Jags have been promoted. Seems unbelieveably brass necked especially as they were not even top of the first divsion when he left.:confused: Just wondering what folk think about this.

Jonnyboy
03-05-2013, 09:48 PM
His lawyers have written to Partick Thistle claiming a bonus because the Jags have been promoted. Seems unbelieveably brass necked especially as they were not even top of the first divsion when he left.:confused: Just wondering what folk think about this.

I think they should tell him to bolt

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2013, 09:48 PM

Depends what it says in his contract.

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2013, 09:52 PM

Think he has a cheek, he left to take a bigger role on, his choice.....

West hamBERNIAN
03-05-2013, 09:52 PM
I doubt jackie is struggling for cash, must have left on bad terms with the chairman i'd guess. Doesn't sound good though.

frazeHFC
03-05-2013, 09:54 PM
I think they should tell him to bolt

Think he has a cheek, he left to take a bigger role on, his choice.....

:agree:

HibeeN

Seems unfair, seeing as he terminated his contract to join Dundee Utd! Surely he can't expect to have it both ways? :confused:

Scouse Hibee

Must be something contractual for him even to consider asking.

Paisley Hibby
03-05-2013, 09:57 PM

True, but I can't imagine any bonus clause saying that he would still get paid one even if he decided to leave mid-season to manage another club. I'm guessing that a badly worded clause has led his lawyers to advise that it's worth a try. But it hardly seems moral and he surely doesn't need the money?

Sir David Gray
03-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Totally depends on what was written into his contract.

On the face of it, it does look like he has a cheek to ask for this given that he left them during the season to join another club but if he had something agreed with them then they'll have to honour it.

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Seems unfair, seeing as he terminated his contract to join Dundee Utd! Surely he can't expect to have it both ways? :confused:

Are Thistle not chasing him for money as well? Tit for tat I reckon.

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2013, 10:02 PM
True, but I can't imagine any bonus clause saying that he would still get paid one even if he decided to leave mid-season to manage another club. I'm guessing that a badly worded clause has led his lawyers to advise that it's worth a try. But it hardly seems moral and he surely doesn't need the money?

I see what you're saying - he's probably using the clause as a way to get Thistle off his back.

frazeHFC
03-05-2013, 10:04 PM
As mentioned i don't think what's in the contract should matter. He ended his contract and compensation was paid, that should be the end of it.

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2013, 10:06 PM
As mentioned i don't think what's in the contract should matter. He ended his contract and compensation was paid, that should be the end of it.

What's the point of having a contract then?

Paisley Hibby
03-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Are Thistle not chasing him for money as well? Tit for tat I reckon.

Ah! Didn't know that and it could explain his actions. However, whatever the reason behind it, this sort of looks like he's claiming Thistle's promotion is all down to him. I can't imagine Alan Archibald, the current manager, being too impressed with that.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2013, 10:08 PM

Seeing as you don't know what was in his contract regarding self termination and entitlements thereafter then it does matter!

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Ah! Didn't know that and it could explain his actions. However, whatever the reason behind it, this sort of looks like he's claiming Thistle's promotion is all down to him. I can't imagine Alan Archibald, the current manager, being too impressed with that.

Archibalds landed on his feet so he'll be delighted - radio Scotland were saying the other night that he was nominated for manager of the year - he didn't do anything!

frazeHFC
03-05-2013, 10:14 PM

What i meant was if in the contract it said he got a bonus for having them promoted, but then he broke the contract, he shouldn't get it.

3pm
03-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Selfish prick.

Gmack7
03-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Typical modern day footballer

bingo70
03-05-2013, 11:49 PM

Because it meant partick got compensation when he left for utd and it protected him in case Patrick tried to sack him.

Swedish hibee
04-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Doesn't matter what it says in his contract, he chose to quit the club.
Another Little money grabbing weasle.
:rolleyes:

JohnStephens91
04-05-2013, 02:47 AM
Cheeky bass turd.

NOLA
04-05-2013, 02:59 AM
Looks like a bad pr move by jackie jnr, he chose to leave partick after all, not like they chased him out. Mowbray should claim compo from hibs for collins winning the league cup with his team ;)

givescotlandfreedom
04-05-2013, 05:30 AM
I met him in my work once and he was rather obnoxious. IIRC he also tried to snap Scott Brown rather venomously when we beat Celtc 3-1 at Parkhead.
Hope Thistle tell him to bolt.

Winston Ingram
04-05-2013, 09:27 AM
To be fair to him he built the team and if it was a big club with lots of cash fair enough.

This however is a club that don't have a bolt and he likely already has a fortune. Very poor

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Maybe if he had stayed they wouldn't have won the league?

04-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Seems a bit of a liberty considering it was him to terminated his contract to join utd. He terminated his contract to join a bigger club which is fine but he can't expect to have the terms of that contract upheld. Can't have it both ways so Partick should tell him to sling his hook.

xyz23jc
04-05-2013, 06:33 PM
I met him in my work once and he was rather obnoxious. IIRC he also tried to snap Scott Brown rather venomously when we beat Celtc 3-1 at Parkhead.
Hope Thistle tell him to bolt.

:agree::top marks:aok: Bang on!

Billy Whizz
04-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Never met him, but remember him faking injury and getting Riordan sent off at Parkhead a number of seasons ago

greenlex
04-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Hes quite right. His team. His players and points gained previous to his move to utd. Partick would have been handsomely renumerated by Utd. He should be getting if not all his bonus certainly part of it pro rata. He stood aside to give them that new manager bounce and win the championship. Very unselfish. Give him his just desserts I say.:agree:

Jonnyboy
04-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Hes quite right. His team. His players and points gained previous to his move to utd. Partick would have been handsomely renumerated by Utd. He should be getting if not all his bonus certainly part of it pro rata. He stood aside to give them that new manager bounce and win the championship. Very unselfish. Give him his just desserts I say.:agree:

Should Mowbray have been compensated for John Collins' side winning the CIS Cup? :wink:

Malthibby
04-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Morals of an alleycat but I suppose he doesn't care as long as he gets his filthy lucre.
Hope they are not obligated to him for a penny.
GG

NAE NOOKIE
04-05-2013, 07:48 PM
His leaving Partick might have scuppered their chances of winning the league. He wants a bonus for endangering the clubs future by leaving for a club with better players and more money.

If a player leaves a club in January to join a bigger club for more money and the club he has left wins promotion, does he get a winners medal and bonus money coz he played the first half of the season for them?

Greedy wee turd ..... not to mention that Utd have hardly set the heather on fire since he took over.

greenlex
04-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Should Mowbray have been compensated for John Collins' side winning the CIS Cup? :wink:
If Mowbray was in charge for any of the games in that campaign then there would be an argument for giving him something. :agree: I cant see anyone arguing that. :greengrin

JimBHibees
04-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Completely classless to be honest. He is a young manager trying to make his way why stir this up for what is probably not a massive amount in comparison to what he left to get at United.

blackpoolhibs
04-05-2013, 09:56 PM
His leaving Partick might have scuppered their chances of winning the league. He wants a bonus for endangering the clubs future by leaving for a club with better players and more money.

If a player leaves a club in January to join a bigger club for more money and the club he has left wins promotion, does he get a winners medal and bonus money coz he played the first half of the season for them?

Greedy wee turd ..... not to mention that Utd have hardly set the heather on fire since he took over.

If a player plays so many games for a club, iirc it used to be 11, and that club won the league, he got a medal, i dont know if thats still the case these days? :dunno:

Rightly or wrongly 10 or less and no medal was awarded.:greengrin

He would then get a percentage of any bonus money awarded at the end of that season, i know this was the case when Blackpool gained promotion to the EPL a couple of seasons ago.

I'm guessing this is McNamara's case here?

monktonharp
04-05-2013, 11:07 PM

Greedy wee turd ..... not to mention that Utd have hardly set the heather on fire since he took over.IIRC, United suddenly did take a surge in the right direction when MacNammara took over. think they played about 6 without loss, although they got lucky against us? however, I personally don't care how this situation works out but I don't think he should be entitled to anything. apart from that, has he any morals, trying to claim off a club that's been in dire straits for years. delighted that the Jags are back, and I hope their crowds increase on the back of "nae mair OF derbies " in the foreseeable future.