PDA

View Full Version : Can Hibs afford and do they really want Hearts relegated

NW
03-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Yes they need punishment and the banter would be great. But can Hibs really afford them to be relegated?

If we say tickets sales to Hearts bring in £200,000, can we replace that with higher home crowds and the replacement? I doubt it.

Also can the SPL really afford the edinburgh derby to be wiped?

I think in the Hibs boardroom they will be hoping hearts stay up.

Big Frank
03-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Yes they need punishment and the banter would be great. But can Hibs really afford them to be relegated?

If we say tickets sales to Hearts bring in £200,000, can we replace that with higher home crowds and the replacement? I doubt it.

H**rts dying has nothing to do with cash.

One City.
One Team.

Aldo
03-05-2013, 10:14 AM
I've said it once and I'll say it again

I want total and utter annihilation, death, wiped off the face of this earth ala Third Lanark/Clydebank. No more no less.

Said

shezer
03-05-2013, 10:15 AM
What's the alternative?Let them cheat year in year out. They would just be like a small Rangers. Spending money they don't have and buying cup wins with players they can't afford.We can't afford to be beaten by teams who have blank cheques and bend the rules. We could do without that sort of carry on. In the long term we will only get stronger.

AinsterHibs
03-05-2013, 10:15 AM
I've said it once and I'll say it again

I want total and utter annihilation, death, wiped off the face of this earth ala Third Lanark/Clydebank. No more no less.

Said

:thumbsup:

Keith_M
03-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Maybe you'd be better ask Our Rod.

NW
03-05-2013, 10:20 AM
I did not say it was right, merely asking the question.

I get the feeling now in Scottish Football it IS all about money.

neilmartinrocks
03-05-2013, 10:21 AM
We cuild recoup the money on the next european cup run :)

Mikey
03-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Sporting Integrity.

hibs4thecup1988
03-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Rod had said at the time of rangers demise that it comes down to integrity. Put it this way if hearts went bust we would make more semis, higher league placings and have won a cup in the last few years. 200k is easily made up with the right team on the park.

Dead. No more or less and let us all be present at the ashes being scattered!!!

Baker9
03-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Slightly off topic but relevant. Wasn't there a situation in perhaps the 60s or the 50s when Hearts lay down to us in a game at Tynecastle so that we would avoid relegation (big money loss being the reason). They had a much better side and somehow we scraped a result? Wake me up if I'm dreaming.

Twa Cairpets
03-05-2013, 10:27 AM

I have it on rather good authority that the 'Tache is positively bubbly these days with the idea of Hearts going vertically betitted. So while on a very basic economic platform you may well be right, for once the call of the pound is ranked below the joy of payback.

sleeping giant
03-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Sporting Integrity.

Indeed. I want them out.

Ps , think I reported this post by accident :-)

greenpaper55
03-05-2013, 10:28 AM
We survived in the past when they were relegated, was it not the case that they spent two years in a row in the lower division and we survived that so let them disappear .

scuttle
03-05-2013, 10:29 AM
The SPL was supposed to crumble without sevco and it hasnt, so YES we dont need them

Andy74
03-05-2013, 10:37 AM
We would still make more cash than the likes of Inverness and Ross County so yes, we'd live.

Vini1875
03-05-2013, 10:39 AM
We can afford it but it will cost us money, however the opposite is also true that they have cost us money over the last few years, as due to finacial doping our record against them has been horrendous.

Our future is in our own hands in terms of Europe and league placing plus cup runs, similar to celtc and the huns. celtc missed them but they were able to make money that far outweighed the loss of the huns. We have to do the same.

JeMeSouviens
03-05-2013, 11:01 AM

I suspect you may be right in as much as it affects budgets for next season. Mind you, we have an ubudgeted windfall from this season's cup run to make up any shortfall and we only have one pre-split home derby next season which I'm sure the Tache has factored in.

I must say I'm warming to the scenario of a Hearts in admin starting on -14 pts and unable to sign new players next season. Then everyone can budget for life without them the season after. :wink:

Matt92
03-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Short term thinking.

Hearts get relegated/go bust...one city, one team.

In 10/20+ years time we will have the entire catchment of edinburgh under our belts...22,000 would not be enough!!

NW
03-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Short term thinking.

Hearts get relegated/go bust...one city, one team.

In 10/20+ years time we will have the entire catchment of edinburgh under our belts...22,000 would not be enough!!

Dream on. Scottish Football is dying unless there is majot change 20+ it could have gone other way.

cwilliamson85
03-05-2013, 11:15 AM
If hearts do go would Spartans not take their place as they have been wanting in for years and have now got the stadium etc in place.

cwilliamson85
03-05-2013, 11:16 AM
If hearts do go would Spartans not take their place as they have been wanting in for years and have now got the stadium etc in place.

I did mean Spartans would go into Div3 and not straight into the SPL.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Bin them. Properly.

hibs4thecup1988
03-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Regards Spartans they had everything in place as you say the last time.

And one stand that holds 400 seats is that really having everything in place?

clerriehibs
03-05-2013, 11:25 AM
I suspect you may be right in as much as it affects budgets for next season. Mind you, we have an ubudgeted windfall from this season's cup run to make up any shortfall and we only have one pre-split home derby next season which I'm sure the Tache has factored in.

I must say I'm warming to the scenario of a Hearts in admin starting on -14 pts and unable to sign new players next season. Then everyone can budget for life without them the season after. :wink:

-15, min?

LeighLoyal
03-05-2013, 11:29 AM
They were juiced financially and benefitted from the Pieman's debt mountain in 1998 to win a cup and then Vlad who must have put at least £25m of his, I.E UKIO's, money into them - and that's aside from the current £25m debt - money that the UKIO investors and depositors will never get back. So they've had a good run from it, better players than us most of the past decade and two Scottish Cups and a Champions League qualifying game, but all 'good runs' come to an end when fuelled on hun like corruption. Time for lower league football played out at Meadowbank. :aok:

nribs
03-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Get them tae *****!!

shezer
03-05-2013, 11:33 AM
They were juiced financially and benefitted from the Pieman's debt mountain in 1998 to win a cup and then Vlad who must have put at least £25m of his, I.E UKIO's, money into them - and that's aside from the current £25m debt - money that the UKIO investors and depositors will never get back. So they've had a good run from it, better players than us most of the past decade and two Scottish Cups and a Champions League qualifying game, but all 'good runs' come to an end when fuelled on hun like corruption. Time for lower league football played out at Meadowbank. :aok:

That sounds smashing.....:devil:

God Petrie
03-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Hibs need sporting integrity - not teams getting away with cheating as that has been a major contributing factor to our poor performance over the last 5-10 years.

Onion
03-05-2013, 11:39 AM

Not again :rolleyes: We had this debate with Sevco and sporting integrity rightly won the day. If the bigger clubs can overspend without appropriate penalty (financially dope) then we might as well close the game down.

Stevie Reid
03-05-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm not saying this isn't a worthy thread, as it's a discussion worth having - but the answers are largely irrelevant, as whether we will prosper without them or not (I think we would) will have no bearing on the outcome. Whatever is going to happen, will happen regardless.

I say similar to any Jambo who gets on their high horse about it being pathetic that Hibbies could possibly want them to die (they somehow seem to think that them taking pleasure from watching us suffer at their hands for years through effectively cheating, is much more worthy than us wanting to see them suffer as a result of them paying for their cheating) - ultimately, what does it matter what I think? (I do want them to die incidentally)

Hearts, and Hearts only have gotten themselves into this mess through decades of delusion and living way beyond their means, and they are the ones who will suffer most from the repercussions - what does it matter whether I take delight in it, or feign concern? The fact that in what seems like their darkest hour they still resort to having a go at us (either through 5-1 references or having a go at our taking pleasure in their seemingly imminent demise) says a hell of a lot about many Jambos, and exactly why they "support" their club. Feeling superior (in any sense) clearly matters more to them than the football club they claim to love (though I do have a handful of "good" Jambo mates, who know the score and are ready to accept whatever fate befalls them).

If they die and I love it, it will be with a clear conscience knowing that they have gotten what's been coming for years - and I'll still have my beloved football club. Bring it on.

PerfectlyFranck
03-05-2013, 11:58 AM
I did not say it was right, merely asking the question.

I get the feeling now in Scottish Football it IS all about money.

To answer your op directly, Hibs have lost enough money because of them already. Cut your losses.

Tticket sales for a couple of games are nothing in comparison.

Stevie Reid
03-05-2013, 11:59 AM
To answer your op directly, Hibs have lost enough money because of them already. Cut your losses.

Tticket sales for a couple of games are nothing in comparison.

A most excellent point :top marks

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Their financial doping has enabled them to consistently finish above us in the league, so if it is roughly £100 grand a league position that should cover their 2 visits a seasons.

Treadstone
03-05-2013, 12:05 PM

To answer your question , yes. Its a case of managing your income something that Hearts should have done.

Liams
03-05-2013, 12:06 PM
I seriously think if hearts go bust and die then itseriously wouldnt harm us!! In a couple of years we will get children and people braught up thinking there is only one edinburgh side

Smiggy 7-0
03-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Don't care how much Hearts going down costs us. Horrible vile fans and for the hatred they show against us, hope they suffer big time. Big trouble ahead at the PBS next week. Sorry but I'll be staying well away.

NOLA
03-05-2013, 12:16 PM
**** hertz and **** their ****** insect like, child bothering fans, we will survive fine without them, however i fear for the safety of the world after their demise, who will save us from WW3 :hmmm:

Milandinho
03-05-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm sure we could make up any shortfall in income by selling Hearts are dead t-shirts and merchandise.

Saorsa
03-05-2013, 12:42 PM
H**rts dying has nothing to do with cash.

One City.
One Team.:agree:

I want tae see them obliterated

**** h****s

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2013, 12:50 PM
The last thing Scottish football needs is an SPL club going to the wall, I'll settle for relegation.

Teapot
03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I seriously think if hearts go bust and die then itseriously wouldnt harm us!! In a couple of years we will get children and people braught up thinking there is only one edinburgh side

they might grow up thinking there is only one edinburgh side but would they support that side? IMO any young fan with a bitter yam back round would be pressured by the family into supporting a more attractive globalised team (more than likely an english side). Which, lets be honest, is a very attractive proposition for any kidd. Less kidds supporting scottish sides is without a doubt a serious problem already. With hearts dying this will only get worse.

Whether Sporting integrity is upheld or not, considering the state of our game just now i would prefer them to survive. HOWEVER I would love them to get relegated and struggle with sevco for a few years. :duck::duck:

Kato
03-05-2013, 01:10 PM
they might grow up thinking there is only one edinburgh side but would they support that side? IMO any young fan with a bitter yam back round would be pressured by the family into supporting a more attractive globalised team (more than likely an english side). Which, lets be honest, is a very attractive proposition for any kidd. Less kidds supporting scottish sides is without a doubt a serious problem already. With hearts dying this will only get worse.

Then we are well rid of that type of fan who more than likely rarely goes to either ER or Tynie anyway. If, big if, there were no Hearts around in the future - in 20 years time Hibs would have a far bigger fan base than they do now.

Kato
03-05-2013, 01:12 PM
The last thing Scottish football needs is an SPL club going to the wall, I'll settle for relegation.

I've said pretty much the same all along - long period of punishment for their financial doping and suffering due to lack of cash is far more satisfactory. Want to see us hammer them a few times.

Aldo
03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
:agree:

I want tae see them obliterated

**** h****s

THIS is what it's all about

Teapot
03-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Then we are well rid of that type of fan who more than likely rarely goes to either ER or Tynie anyway. If, big if, there were no Hearts around in the future - in 20 years time Hibs would have a far bigger fan base than they do now.

There may be slightly more hibbies but i think the majority would support foreign clubs as it is a much more attractive prospect. Worse attendances than we already have is unthinkable.

KWJ
03-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Rob McLean asked the Rodders if Scottish Football needed Rangers.

The Rodmeister replied "Scottish Football needs successful, well-run clubs."

Stevie Reid
03-05-2013, 02:27 PM
There may be slightly more hibbies but i think the majority would support foreign clubs as it is a much more attractive prospect. Worse attendances than we already have is unthinkable.

We have had worse attendances than we have now.

Our attendances are decent, with scope for much improvement.

MyJo
03-05-2013, 02:30 PM
I don't want them relegated.

I would rather have them annihilated off the face of the earth!

Dashing Bob S
03-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Extinction, and the chance to build our fan-base in a one-club city, versus low-level homeless humiliation, and staggering from one crisis to the next...

I'd quite happily make the best out of either scenario, so it really doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-05-2013, 04:18 PM
not only do I want hearts to die, I also want their cross-eyed, banjo playing support to suffer and rot, just like The Fat Tory.

Hibercelona
03-05-2013, 04:21 PM
After the ***** we've had to put up with from them year on year, we can't afford for them not to get relegated.

hibs0666
03-05-2013, 04:43 PM

You cannot put a value on sporting integrity. Without punishments for £60 million financial doping we are no better than professional wrestling.

lapsedhibee
03-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Wasn't there a situation in perhaps the 60s or the 50s when Hearts lay down to us in a game at Tynecastle so that we would avoid relegation (big money loss being the reason). They had a much better side and somehow we scraped a result? Wake me up if I'm dreaming.

My very first Hibs match.

Spring 1963 after the NY derby at the PBS2B was postponed several times because of the exceptionally harsh winter. We were second bottom of an 18-team league and looking good for the drop.

Yams were 3-1 up at HT and the game ended 3-3. All the yams' chat going out of the (unsegregated) ground was how they had "let" us come back in the second half because they felt sorry for us. In my naivety I wondered whether this might have been true. I know now of course that that's just the arrogant way they spraff the whole time.

Iirc we won two of our last three games 4-0 (away, at Raith and QoS) and in the end comfortably stayed up.

I'm quite sure in yam folklore they saved us from relegation, but that's just how they are.

Malthibby
03-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Rob McLean asked the Rodders if Scottish Football needed Rangers.

The Rodmeister replied "Scottish Football needs successful, well-run clubs."

In a nutshell.:agree:

Hibrandenburg
03-05-2013, 05:54 PM

Spring 1963 after the NY derby at the PBS2B was postponed several times because of the exceptionally harsh winter. We were second bottom of an 18-team league and looking good for the drop.

Yams were 3-1 up at HT and the game ended 3-3. All the yams' chat going out of the (unsegregated) ground was how they had "let" us come back in the second half because they felt sorry for us. In my naivety I wondered whether this might have been true. I know now of course that that's just the arrogant way they spraff the whole time.

Iirc we won two of our last three games 4-0 (away, at Raith and QoS) and in the end comfortably stayed up.

I'm quite sure in yam folklore they saved us from relegation, but that's just how they are.

We finished a couple of points clear of the drop zone, so even if they'd humped us we would still have avoided the drop. Conclusion-Urban Myth.

Kato
03-05-2013, 06:23 PM

So you're thinking the unthinkable, are you? How are you managing to do that? Unless what you're saying is that you're not thinking the unthinkable at all, which in itself takes a lot of concentration - thinking about not thinking about something. What do you think?

Bottom line - if you think that in 20 years time, in a one team city, that that team wouldn't have a bigger fan-base than they do now, you're not thinking hard enough or your not thinking at all.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Why stop at relegation?

Liquidation is the aim. :aok:

:bye: Jambos!

:giruy:

Jonnyboy
03-05-2013, 08:40 PM

Spot on :agree:

Bishop Hibee
03-05-2013, 09:28 PM
IF they die then it's party time and will be worth any money that Hibs lose. They have the support base that means they will be back eventually but it will take a while. Fingers crossed!

Waxy
03-05-2013, 09:56 PM
I want them finished.The low-life cheating ****bags.
for the last 30 years we've had to put up with them buying wins.
This has had a financial effect on every club competing with them.
They've relentlessly kept on overspending and it's gotten worse and worse.
How many times have they overspent a club out of a place in European competition?
This has denied decent hard working clubs hundreds of thousands of pounds and their own chance to make history.
Would they have won ANYTHING had they stuck to a level playing field?

Bitter? you bet.
Having to watch years of tilted derbys has done that.
Now the payback is here.
Bye bye jam tarts.
Now F... off and don't come back.

Kato
03-05-2013, 10:23 PM
....30 years we've had to put up with them buying wins.
This has had a financial effect on every club competing with them.
They've relentlessly kept on overspending and it's gotten worse and worse.
How many times have they overspent a club out of a place in European competition?
This has denied decent hard working clubs hundreds of thousands of pounds and their own chance to make history.
Would they have won ANYTHING had they stuck to a level playing field?

yup

#financialdoping