PDA

View Full Version : "Hypothetical" Situation

Sean1875
02-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Say justice done and the yams go into administration, recieving their 18 point penalty, picture the scene come the end of the season with us being at home to Dundee, say they are 1 point ahead of Hearts at the bottom of the league, how would you like the game to pan out? Still go full on for the win or be slightly less.. motivated? :greengrin

lyonhibs
02-05-2013, 12:25 PM
I previously thought there were no situation in which I would be happy to see Hibs lose, but that - frankly unlikely - scenario is the one.

Against Dundee as well. God, that would rankle with los Jambolinos.

Jim44
02-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Say justice done and the yams go into administration, recieving their 18 point penalty, picture the scene come the end of the season with us being at home to Dundee, say they are 1 point ahead of Hearts at the bottom of the league, how would you like the game to pan out? Still go full on for the win or be slightly less.. motivated? :greengrin

'Lying down' is not Hibs class. We can take a hiding from any team without resorting to underhand methods. -:)

clerriehibs
02-05-2013, 12:28 PM
'Lying down' is not Hibs class. We can take a hiding from any team without resorting to underhand methods. -:)

PF needs to rest players - lennon is already doing so.

pontius pilate
02-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Rest key players promote younger guys and see if they are hungry enough. We get beat no big deal the **** go down and if we win its a bonus. So all round a win-win

Keith_M
02-05-2013, 12:30 PM
We've won one single league game since Christmas. Just play our normal game and we'll get humped like the last game at Dens. No need for underhand shenanigans

:wink:

TheReg!
02-05-2013, 12:31 PM
89th minute we get a penalty that hits the bar, rebounds to a Dundee player who hits the ball from the half way line to the back of our net! Can't say I might not cheer that.:cb

#FromTheCapital
02-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Seriously this is the kind of game Hibs would win, the only game where the fans want us to lose!

I'd play the under 12's personally, got to think of the future

KeithTheHibby
02-05-2013, 12:33 PM

Regardless of what happens we have a cup final 8 days later which is far more important than who is relegated. If we happen to lose and it relegated the yams then so be it.

JimBHibees
02-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Hibs should do what Hibs need to do in preparation for the cup final which I would assume mean resting a few of our key players and giving some fringe players and younger guys a shot. If we lose, then we lose however we should always concentrate on what is best in Hibs interests and we certainly shouldnt play our better players against our better judgement because the Yams and their media buddies are putting pressure on us to do so.

Onion
02-05-2013, 12:35 PM

Despite their manager, I can think of 86 reasons why Dundee might get a couple of goals in the last 10 mins. Circle complete :greengrin

DH1875
02-05-2013, 12:49 PM

Go for the win? No matter what's going on at hearts I hope that Fenlon decides to rest a majority of the firtst team squad and play the U19'S in the game.

Mon Dieu4
02-05-2013, 12:51 PM
id like Griffiths to score an OG with his thumb

Heisenberg
02-05-2013, 01:09 PM
I'd imagine we'll be playing quite a few of the young lads anyway. Stick in Kuqi and Kujabi too for a laugh.

MrRobot
02-05-2013, 01:47 PM
id like Griffiths to score an OG with his thumb

Would be disallowed ;)

Mon Dieu4
02-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Would be disallowed ;)

not necessarily, im sure I've seen Maradona score with his hand, can't remember what year? think it was when Hearts won the double

LeithBoozy
02-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Go for the win? No matter what's going on at hearts I hope that Fenlon decides to rest a majority of the firtst team squad and play the U19'S in the game.

In a case like this there is only one thing for it. LIE-DOWN HIBS, LIE DOWN. :wink::thumbsup::agree::greengrin:flag::na na::not worth.

Hibby70
02-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Seriously this is the kind of game Hibs would win, the only game where the fans want us to lose!

I'd play the under 12's personally, got to think of the future

Nah go the opposite way. I'm playing up front as a trialist, complete with Adidas sambas, jeans and a doner kebab.

God Petrie
02-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Wouldn't Hertz need to win all their games and hope Dundee lose all theirs if they got the 18pt deduction? Just pass the ball about for 90 minutes while we celebrate.

TariqE
02-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Would be disallowed ;)

Ref plays advantage. Shirley.

Up The Bracket
02-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Last minute 40 yard piledriver from Colin Nish followed by him celebrating with the fans in the West Lower :thumbsup:

Stringer
02-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Hopefully they will get relegated. Their stadium next year will be Holyrood park, with a couple of jumpers for goal posts.:greengrin

lord bunberry
02-05-2013, 04:16 PM
I would be furious if hibs won to keep that shower up

Sir David Gray
02-05-2013, 04:26 PM
I would want Dundee to win.

No doubts at all about that one.

To think we may possibly play a major role in sending Hearts down and then winning the cup eight days later would just be my ideal week.

I may end up having to spend a couple of weeks recuperating if that ends up happening. :pray:

Phil D. Rolls
02-05-2013, 06:57 PM
After all these years it would be nice to give the Dees something back. It's been a long time coming. So long that I can't remember why we owe them a favour in the first place.

Hainan Hibs
02-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Just for that occasion I would quite happily wear dark blue and sing along to Hello Hello:agree::greengrin

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2013, 07:16 PM
I would love to lose the game 1-5 and then we could spend a whole year posing on social media sites displaying the 1-5 sign with our hands whilst spouting never let them forget the day we owned Edinburgh.

Or it only phannys that do that.

I'm_cabbaged
02-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Can remember watching us beat Celtc at darkheid for my first time, it put them in Europe, was absolutely gutted. As it turned out they would've got in anyway because the Yugoslavian civil war IIRC. :rolleyes:

ALF TUPPER
02-05-2013, 08:42 PM
I think PF is playing me in goals if my mobility scooter works.

nonshinyfinish
02-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Graeme Smith on a short-term loan, job done. 'Mon the Dees!

Dublin07
03-05-2013, 06:15 AM
if they go into admin in the next week a point at the pink bus shelter would relegate them. now thats a hypothetical scenario i would look forward.:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
03-05-2013, 07:30 AM
I would like to see a momentous disasterous day in Edinburgh,(not that I ever want to see us get beat) Hibs pumped 5-1 by the mighty Dundee so we can all give it the big 5-1 back at them and hertz going doon with the loss of points from administration.