PDA

View Full Version : Dundee game Cup final ticket ballot - winners announced

Waxy
02-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Hopefully Hibs will keep a couple of hundred tickets back for ballot.as a last chance for everyone. Could get a decent gate.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Hopefully Hibs will keep a couple of hundred tickets back for ballot.as a last chance for everyone. Could get a decent gate.

Aye, because our home gates against Aberdeen and St Mirren were huge

hibIBZ
02-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Unlikely would think the club will want the ticket sale done and dusted more than a week before the final

PerfectlyFranck
02-05-2013, 11:36 AM
They'll keep tickets for a ballot.

Cup final fever [desperation] will have kicked in by then. The gates for the last two ballots were very poor but a Dundee ballot will see a decent turnout, in my opinion.

WestEndHibee
02-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Could imagine a nice carnival atmosphere if we had relegated Hearts by then.

DH1875
02-05-2013, 12:40 PM
They won't do it but the fairest way I'd do it is to put everyone who's not a ST holder but has bought a ticket for the PBS to enter a draw. That way it's only folk on the database and therefore only folk who have been to games that are in it.

clerriehibs
02-05-2013, 12:52 PM
They won't do it but the fairest way I'd do it is to put everyone who's not a ST holder but has bought a ticket for the PBS to enter a draw. That way it's only folk on the database and therefore only folk who have been to games that are in it.

:confused: your suggestion means only folk who have contributed to hertz finances are in any potential ballot.

I think, if there is a further ballot, they'll find a way to ballot people who have contributed to HIBS.

DH1875
02-05-2013, 01:08 PM
:confused: your suggestion means only folk who have contributed to hertz finances are in any potential ballot.

I think, if there is a further ballot, they'll find a way to ballot people who have contributed to HIBS.

I know, that's why they wont do it. By far the fairest way to doing it though and to be fair, they'll have contributed to HIBS before as they'll have bought a HIBS ticket before to get on the database.

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2013, 01:19 PM
The club should keep 100 tickets back, and have an X factor/Britains got talent type weekend, where those without tickets get to audition for them. Some could sing, some maybe dance, and i'd give 5 away to those with the best sob story too. This would be filmed and sold on DVD in the club shop. Its a winner i tell you.

Now i'm Simon Cowell, there's 3 places left to fill, 4 if you count Amanda Holden. :wink:

JimBHibees
02-05-2013, 01:41 PM
How about a 5 mile run in full army gear and backpack around the pitch starting about 2pm so early fans can watch the finish as they arrive for the game. Each turnstile will have a loaded gun which is handed out to one fan per turnstile and teh nominated fans can shoot any of the runners they deem to be too yammish to be at the final. Too yammish could cover general scruffiness, slovenly appearance, have a look of never having held any worthwhile employment or looks like they have been drinking buckie from an early age. First hundred to the finish line get two tickets each. :greengrin

clerriehibs
02-05-2013, 02:15 PM
I know, that's why they wont do it. By far the fairest way to doing it though and to be fair, they'll have contributed to HIBS before as they'll have bought a HIBS ticket before to get on the database.

As have would anyone on the database.

PBS need have nothing to do with it.

DH1875
02-05-2013, 02:24 PM
As have would anyone on the database.

PBS need have nothing to do with it.

What's to stop a group of celtic fans turning up at the dundee game in the hope they win the ballot? You don't need to be on the datadase for Dundee tickets and anyone could get them. My idea would be the fairest but I agree 100%, would never happen.

Saorsa
02-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Be nice if they could organise it so that ST holders could get their hands on the tickets they're supposed entitled tae from the club, never mind them organising ****in' ballots for people only turning up tae games tae get cup final tickets..

shezer
02-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Be nice if they could organise it so that ST holders could get their hands on the tickets they're supposed entitled tae from the club, never mind them organising ****in' ballots for people only turning up tae games tae get cup final tickets..
Here here

clerriehibs
02-05-2013, 03:01 PM
What's to stop a group of celtic fans turning up at the dundee game in the hope they win the ballot? You don't need to be on the datadase for Dundee tickets and anyone could get them. My idea would be the fairest but I agree 100%, would never happen.

I'm sorted for tickets, so no axe to grind. But I've not been to pbs for 20 years and have no intention of ever going back. There'll be plenty regular walk-ups like me, who won't go there, but no ticket for the cf as yet. It would be v. unfair to exclude them from any further draw.

Beefster
02-05-2013, 03:04 PM

That's no fairer than putting folk who buy a hotdog, pizza, bovril, white coffee, steak pie, mince pie and Yorkie at the next home game into a draw.

Edit: I see now that loads of folk have made similar points about how your idea isn't particularly fair or even beneficial to Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2013, 07:51 PM
The club should keep 100 tickets back, and have an X factor/Britains got talent type weekend, where those without tickets get to audition for them. Some could sing, some maybe dance, and i'd give 5 away to those with the best sob story too. This would be filmed and sold on DVD in the club shop. Its a winner i tell you.

Now i'm Simon Cowell, there's 3 places left to fill, 4 if you count Amanda Holden. :wink:

So you wear your breeks half way up your belly ?? I see you as more of a David Walliams:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-05-2013, 07:56 PM
So you wear your breeks half way up your belly ?? I see you as more of a David Walliams:greengrin

Its a good look imo, the trousers go up an inch every year. It wont be long before i have to cut eye holes out so i can see. :wink:

.Sean.
02-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Aye, because our home gates against Aberdeen and St Mirren were huge
Nope, they had two chances and if you could have made either of those games but didn't go because you couldn't be arsed I hope you don't get a final ticket.

1875Hibees
02-05-2013, 08:07 PM
They won't do it but the fairest way I'd do it is to put everyone who's not a ST holder but has bought a ticket for the PBS to enter a draw. That way it's only folk on the database and therefore only folk who have been to games that are in it.And fans like me who have been to the majority of home and away games this season wouldent be in the draw. Sounds fair :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Nope, they had two chances and if you could have made either of those games but didn't go because you couldn't be arsed I hope you don't get a final ticket.

:agree::agree:

That's the spirit, no mercy.......:greengrin

Billy Whizz
02-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Until we get a points system like our soon to be bankrupt neighbours, this sort of debate will run and run. We should have been able to reward regular walk up fans at ER with a priority scheme after season ticket holders/Hibernians etc. I know a lot of people who have gone to over 12 home games this season, who will have to wait on a public sale, I also know a few people who have got tickets from friends who have paid to less than 2 home games this season!

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Until we get a points system like our soon to be bankrupt neighbours, this sort of debate will run and run. We should have been able to reward regular walk up fans at ER with a priority scheme after season ticket holders/Hibernians etc. I know a lot of people who have gone to over 12 home games this season, who will have to wait on a public sale, I also know a few people who have got tickets from friends who have paid to less than 2 home games this season!

Agree Billy........

DH1875
02-05-2013, 09:13 PM
And fans like me who have been to the majority of home and away games this season wouldent be in the draw. Sounds fair :rolleyes:

You not going to the derby then?

LeighLoyal
16-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Mate wants to know if he buys a ticket at the gate on Sat vs Dundee he goes in the ballot. Is this the case?

Sir David Gray
16-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Mate wants to know if he buys a ticket at the gate on Sat vs Dundee he goes in the ballot. Is this the case?

Yes.

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2013, 11:50 AM

Yes.

Andy74 wants to know why you are talking to yourself? :wink:

Sir David Gray
16-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Andy74 wants to know why you are talking to yourself? :wink:

:aok: Very good!

No candidates for my new name yet!

down-the-slope
16-05-2013, 01:06 PM

No tickets at gate...BUT if he buys ticket at one of the Pods (West Excepted) then yes all stubs are kept by club before sale and used in draw ...all you need is ticket as proof...

Jonnyboy
18-05-2013, 06:40 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130518/ballot-winners-announced-_2262950_3183611

gf77
18-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Didnt get any. Totally gutted :-(

Northernhibee
18-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Best of luck if you're still looking for a ticket :aok:

Waxy
18-05-2013, 06:51 PM
unreal.i win when i already got tickets in the gs.
I will give it away to Hibee friends.

Andy74
18-05-2013, 06:53 PM
unreal.i win when i already got tickets in the gs.
I will give it away to Hibee friends.

500. Can't have been many more than that paying in so not too unreal!

2 each too. More than I got as a ST holder!

iwasthere1972
18-05-2013, 06:56 PM
:thumbsup: Two years on the trot. Ticket at Aberdeen match did nothing but today's did.

Already got three tickets but went along today as nephew and son also wanted some. They will be delighted.

Pete
18-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Bloody swiz. :-)

One ticket from my row was lucky while the row below had about 40 winners...all together.

Hiber-nation
18-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Hopefully none of the clowns that were sitting a few rows behind me won - wanting Caldwell subbed after 25 mins, slagging off Spoony's every touch, ranting at Fenlon to get subs on 2 minutes into the 2nd half, mocking the lap of honour etc etc.

trev the hat
18-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Well done to the auld geezer sitting next to me in East.

McHibby
18-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Absolutely gutted. I had bought a few dotted around the stadium.
I am spewing, I think I had really convinced myself that I was going to be lucky.

Dibben
18-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Ah well.

We'll not get our 4th ticket that we were after...

Hermit Crab
18-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Any of our ex pats get a ticket?

alan1875
18-05-2013, 07:49 PM
I have my tickets for the final but 4 of us were walk ups today and didnt get a ticket between us... my sister is gutted. The seat next to the first of our 4 seats got picked. Ahwell, good luck folks. :-)

down-the-slope
18-05-2013, 08:00 PM
the spare seat next to our 2 ST seats in west lower (that I buy for when brother etc can make it) won one...was filled first half then he moved second half...

Hope he knows / kept stub

Hibby70
18-05-2013, 08:05 PM
The bloke next to me got one, he was Dutch I think.

Lelopoli
18-05-2013, 08:16 PM
I won a ticket, but I can't go to take it Monday or Tuesday, because I arrive in Edinburg Saturday.
Can anyone help me?
One for me and one for him
My e-mail is: lelopoli@yahoo.it

McHibby
18-05-2013, 08:46 PM
I won a ticket, but I can't go to take it Monday or Tuesday, because I arrive in Edinburg Saturday.
Can anyone help me?
One for me and one for him
My e-mail is: lelopoli@yahoo.it

PM'd and emailed you :greengrin

iwasthere1972
18-05-2013, 08:50 PM
The bloke next to me got one, he was Dutch I think.

Did he arrive on a bike wearing clogs?

Hermit Crab
18-05-2013, 09:35 PM

Yesh yesh. Toooo beeeersss pleashe

Pete
18-05-2013, 09:41 PM

He had "venegoor of hesselink" on the back of his top.

Leithenhibby
18-05-2013, 11:09 PM
YAASSSS........ Sorted.

Never had this kind of winning luck in many years :greengrin

mutley
19-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Ok folks, here goes, I won , however I don't need them as I already have hospitality tickets, so first person to pm me can have my ticket from yesterday and claim in my place. If you want to check my ticket , I was in east stand, block 39 seat U65 .
GGTTH

hibs1
19-05-2013, 10:09 AM
pm you:thumbsup:

Ok folks, here goes, I won , however I don't need them as I already have hospitality tickets, so first person to pm me can have my ticket from yesterday and claim in my place. If you want to check my ticket , I was in east stand, block 39 seat U65 .
GGTTH

mutley
19-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Bugger me that was fast, now gone

Greendub
19-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Yes!

i wasn't getting my hopes up of winning, but happy now!

just hope my boss understands what this could mean