PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Sylar
01-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Second leg of the Barcelona vs Bayern game tonight live on Sky.

Real Madrid always had a chance last night with their away goal but I can't see any way back for Barcelona tonight. I fancy them to win on the night but even taking it to extra time would be an unbelievable achievement.

Having said that, if any team in world football is capable, it's probably Barca!

Should be great to watch if nothing else.

DH1875
01-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Second leg of the Barcelona vs Bayern game tonight live on Sky.

Real Madrid always had a chance last night with their away goal but I can't see any way back for Barcelona tonight. I fancy them to win on the night but even taking it to extra time would be an unbelievable achievement.

Having said that, if any team in world football is capable, it's probably Barca!

Should be great to watch if nothing else.

Not against Bayern, NO CHANCE. If Bayern score then they need 6 :faf:.

PeeJay
01-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Six Bayern players on a yellow card that could see them miss the final assuming they get through. Can't see Bayern blowing this though - pretty sure they will score a goal at some point - Barca will have to be better than they ever were ...

Sylar
01-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Not against Bayern, NO CHANCE. If Bayern score then they need 6 :faf:.

As I said, I really don't expect it but if there were any team I'd back to score 4 goals when required it would be them.

DH1875
01-05-2013, 05:17 PM
As I said, I really don't expect it but if there were any team I'd back to score 4 goals when required it would be them.

Aye but they'll need 6 :wink:. Alba, Puyol, Mascherano and Busquets are all out. Bayern WILL score.

SJNB Hibby
01-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Bayern----concede at least 4?:confused:

Nae chance
2-2

DH1875
01-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Bayern----concede at least 4?:confused:

Nae chance
2-2

They've conceded 4 at the camp nou before. They'll score though so doesn't matter.

Stringer
01-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Bayern 3 - 1 Spanish Celtic

Power shift in Europe. Pep and Gotze next season. Scenes.

SteveHFC
01-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Comfortable 4-0 Bayern win

Hibrandenburg
01-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Whilst I'd like to state that no one is more pleased than I am about the upturn in fortune for German football, I'd however also like to say I ****ing hate Bayern Muenchen, Germany's Rangers.

Hibercelona
01-05-2013, 05:42 PM
I think Barca will pull it off! :na na:

David_D
01-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Messi starts on the bench. No chance for Barca

hfc rd
01-05-2013, 05:49 PM
I think Barcelona will win the game but Bayern Munich will go through on aggregate.

Hibs90
01-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Reckon Bayern will go through but can see Dortmund winning the competition, especially if some of those Bayern players pick up yelows.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-05-2013, 05:51 PM
20 quid on a red card @ 3s

hfc rd
01-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Reckon Bayern will go through but can see Dortmund winning the competition, especially if some of those Bayern players pick up yelows.

What six Bayern Munich players are on yellows that could end up missing the final, if booked tonight?

PeeJay
01-05-2013, 06:15 PM
What six Bayern Munich players are on yellows that could end up missing the final, if booked tonight?

Bastian Schweinsteiger, Javier Martínez, Philipp Lahm, Mario Gomez, Luiz Gustavo and Dante

PeeJay
01-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Messi on the bench to start...

Stringer
01-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Messi on the bench to start...

Spanish drug scandal mate! Lance armstrong of football

The Green Goblin
01-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Can't see it without Messi starting. With the chances they had, Real should have won and progressed last night. Bayern are 4 up. They can almost afford to sit, hold their nerve and defend for lengthy periods. But without Messi...nope.

KeithTheHibby
01-05-2013, 06:35 PM
£3 on 2-2 for me. Can't see Barca keeping a clean sheet this evening.

Sir David Gray
01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Barcelona need an early goal tonight to have any chance.

Real Madrid were the same last night and although it was interesting for the last couple of minutes when it went to 2-0, their goals came far too late.

If Bayern Munich score then it's all over but I personally don't see them conceding four goals tonight so I think it's over anyway.

An interesting stat though is that a repeat of the outcome of the last 3 trips to the Nou Camp by German teams would actually see Barcelona either progress or at least take the match to extra time.

Last season they beat Bayer Leverkusen 7-1, they beat Stuttgart 4-0 in 09/10 and they also beat Bayern Munich 4-0 in 08/09.

They haven't lost at home to a German side for 15 years.

Hibercelona
01-05-2013, 06:48 PM
I think Barca will pull it off! :na na:

Scrap that. Barca look rubbish.

Clear pass back!

Sylar
01-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Barcelona not showing anything to worry Bayern so far.

Bayern on the other hand look very comfortable both on the ball and going forward.

Stringer
01-05-2013, 06:59 PM
I don't know how Pep could improve this team. Beautiful one touch football.

Mon Dieu4
01-05-2013, 07:11 PM
looks like the Germans will finally get to invade London

One Day Soon
01-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Barcelona are superb.

hfc rd
01-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Barcelona are superb.

Bayern are even better.

DH1875
01-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Barcelona are superb.

Naw their no :na na:.

One Day Soon
01-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Bayern are even better.

No. Reverting to type now too with the physical stuff.

Sylar
01-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Barcelona are absolutely toothless. Changed days from a few seasons ago - all of the lovely short sharp passing isn't worth **** if you can't turn it into chances.

Bayern on the other hand are playing great passing football and creating chances when they get the ball.

Overall, it's far from the spectacle I was hoping for.

One Day Soon
01-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Barcelona are absolutely toothless. Changed days from a few seasons ago - all of the lovely short sharp passing isn't worth **** if you can't turn it into chances.

Bayern on the other hand are playing great passing football and creating chances when they get the ball.

Overall, it's far from the spectacle I was hoping for.

Bayern have the easiest gig in the world here - soak up pressure and get just one goal on the night. Or get no goals and only concede three. Barca on the other hand have to score 4 without conceding. With that as the context I think so far Barca are pissing it. They just need the goals to start. Considering how full on they are attacking they are also defending well at the back and in midfield.

HH81
01-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Crap game. :agree:

hfc rd
01-05-2013, 07:28 PM
0-0 ht.

Sylar
01-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Bayern have the easiest gig in the world here - soak up pressure and get just one goal on the night. Or get no goals and only concede three. Barca on the other hand have to score 4 without conceding. With that as the context I think so far Barca are pissing it. They just need the goals to start. Considering how full on they are attacking they are also defending well at the back and in midfield.

And yet not a single chance of note on the Bayern goal.

I've lauded the quality of Barcelona's football for years but this type of football is only good if you can make it count.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-05-2013, 07:29 PM
:zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!:

One Day Soon
01-05-2013, 07:38 PM
And yet not a single chance of note on the Bayern goal.

I've lauded the quality of Barcelona's football for years but this type of football is only good if you can make it count.

True, but who are Barca missing and who are Bayern missing?

MWHIBBIES
01-05-2013, 07:47 PM
No. Reverting to type now too with the physical stuff.Oh yes they are.

One Day Soon
Baws. And from that donkey too.

hfc rd
Great goal by Arjen Robben after a wonderful switching pass from David Alaba! Game over!

HiBremian
01-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Whilst I'd like to state that no one is more pleased than I am about the upturn in fortune for German football, I'd however also like to say I ****ing hate Bayern Muenchen, Germany's Rangers.

This. Stealing every other team's top players, and a crook at the top with a Swiss bank account.

Hope Dortmund stuff them at Wembley.

Hibercelona
01-05-2013, 07:52 PM
This. Stealing every other team's top players, and a crook at the top with a Swiss bank account.

It's not really stealing though when the other clubs agree to the offers...

hfc rd
01-05-2013, 07:54 PM
It's not really stealing though when the other clubs agree to the offers...

Dortmund didn't agree to the Goetze transfer though. Bayern triggered his release clause from his contract and Dortmund had no choice but to accept it.

Spike Mandela
01-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Bayern are outBarca..ing Barca. Perfect breakaway football.

Onceinawhile
01-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Bayern will be the first team to be Barcelona home and away since.... Dundee united.

Mon Dieu4
01-05-2013, 08:02 PM
if it wasn't for the fact we already have Deegan i would urge Pat to sign Sweinsteiger

Andy74
01-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Dortmund didn't agree to the Goetze transfer though. Bayern triggered his release clause from his contract and Dortmund had no choice but to accept it.

Dortmund agreed to the clause though.

One Day Soon
01-05-2013, 08:03 PM

They're an eminently loatheable bunch. Hopefully Dortmund will utterly horse them.

Hibercelona
01-05-2013, 08:08 PM

Bayern didn't trigger anything, it would be impossible for them to legally do so.

Gotze wants to leave Dortmund to join Bayern, so Dortmund agreed to sign his release clause for 31.5m.

HiBremian
01-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Meanwhile, 0-2 to Bayern...

hfc rd
01-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Oh dear!

HiBremian
01-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Bayern didn't trigger anything, it would be impossible for them to legally do so.

Gotze wants to leave Dortmund to join Bayern, so Dortmund agreed to sign his release clause for 31.5m.

Thing is, the law can dress up all kinds of theft as legal. From the Huns in the SPL all the way back to the Huns in occupied France.

MWHIBBIES
01-05-2013, 08:14 PM
This isn't even a contest.

frazeHFC
01-05-2013, 08:14 PM
How Brilliant have Bayern been this season, best team in the world just now.

DH1875
01-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Meanwhile, 0-2 to Bayern...

:faf::faf::faf:................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................:partyhibb:partyhibb:party hibb.

SteveHFC
01-05-2013, 08:15 PM
:faf:

Hibs90
01-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Bayern have been class, but Barca without Puyol, Alba, Messi, Mascherano....

I do like the aggregate score though.

Hibercelona
Thing is, the law can dress up all kinds of theft as legal. From the Huns in the SPL all the way back to the Huns in occupied France.

Whats illegal about it exactly? And how is it "dressed up"?

Bayern want player.
Player wants to leave club to join Bayern.
Club gets 31.5m for "agreeing" to release player.

Nakedmanoncrack
Aggregate score has got a nice look to it now. :wink:

hfc rd
01-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Bayern Munich fans mocking the English now by singing "Football's Coming Home".

frazeHFC
01-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Nice mention for Dundee Utd there!

DH1875
01-05-2013, 08:34 PM

Bayern want player.

If it were barca paying the 31.5m no one would be complaining. He's just bitter cause it's Bayern :wink:.

blackpoolhibs
I think i have just witnessed the death of the best team i have ever seen.

HiBremian

Bayern want player.

Not saying it's illegal. That's my point. Bayern's role in domestic German football is much like the ugly sisters in Scotland. They suck other clubs dry, and use the same bench-warming tactics. The latest from Werder, Pizarro.

Anyway, have to agree they played well tonight ;-)

One Day Soon
01-05-2013, 08:35 PM
This foaming at the mouth about Bayern from the TV commentators is typical ludicrous overstatement. Very big chunks of luck in the first leg and a no-contest due to injury combined with impossible task in the second.

They're good. Let's see how good over two or three seasons in a row before wetting the knickers.

seanshow
01-05-2013, 08:36 PM
:0: :7: Bye bye Spaniards & Catalan's what goes around comes around :LOL:

hibsbollah
01-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Bayern Munich fans mocking the English now by singing "Football's Coming Home".

Its not really mocking the English, it's a common song in German stadia since Euro 96, when they adopted it.

This is the most ridiculous, earth shattering scoreline I can remember in European football. Man Utd 7 Roma 0 is the closest I can think of.

One Day Soon
01-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Marvellous use of the theme tune from The Great Escape during the ad break there. :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
01-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Not saying it's illegal. That's my point. Bayern's role in domestic German football is much like the ugly sisters in Scotland. They suck other clubs dry, and use the same bench-warming tactics. The latest from Werder, Pizarro.

Anyway, have to agree they played well tonight ;-)Pizarro left Werder on a free and has played 26 times this seasom

One Day Soon
01-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Its not really mocking the English, it's a common song in German stadia since Euro 96, when they adopted it.

This is the most ridiculous, earth shattering scoreline I can remember in European football. Man Utd 7 Roma 0 is the closest I can think of.

I think that would be true if both sides had fielded their strongest teams in both legs. They didn't though. And I doubt Munich will get the same slices of luck again the final.

nonshinyfinish
01-05-2013, 08:43 PM

:agree:

But here they very much were mocking the English:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9p0LEmFvuw

DH1875
01-05-2013, 08:46 PM

Anyway, have to agree they played well tonight ;-)

Erm........................Did Bayern not help Dortmund out to the tune of around 5 million when Dortmund were in the ****? Very infirm like :rolleyes:.

nonshinyfinish
01-05-2013, 08:47 PM
They are belting out Pure and Simple by the Lightning Seeds in the empty Nou Camp. Turn Souness down and turn that up!

hibsbollah
01-05-2013, 08:50 PM
I think that would be true if both sides had fielded their strongest teams in both legs. They didn't though. And I doubt Munich will get the same slices of luck again the final.

7-0 though:dizzy:

I tipped Bayern at the start of the tournament but no one could have predicted that. Xavi is 33, David Villa 31, Puyol 35 will all need replaced soon, or now. Will be an interesting summer.

One Day Soon
01-05-2013, 08:55 PM
7-0 though:dizzy:

I tipped Bayern at the start of the tournament but no one could have predicted that. Xavi is 33, David Villa 31, Puyol 35 will all need replaced soon, or now. Will be an interesting summer.

I agree Barca are a little weaker and need to strengthen but Bayern are for me the Man U of Europe - ie doing well in a year of fairly mediocre competition.

Those ageing players you quote are not the Barca problem - an injured Messi and post Guardiola management are the main problems.

hfc rd
01-05-2013, 09:01 PM
I agree Barca are a little weaker and need to strengthen but Bayern are for me the Man U of Europe - ie doing well in a year of fairly mediocre competition.

Those ageing players you quote are not the Barca problem - an injured Messi and post Guardiola management are the main problems.

The bit about "doing well in a year of fairly mediocre competition". Could you not say the same about Barcelona in La Liga?

allezsauzee
01-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Have any other teams put 7 past Barca over 2 legs in Europe...apart from Hibs obviously

Big_Franck
01-05-2013, 09:35 PM
This foaming at the mouth about Bayern from the TV commentators is typical ludicrous overstatement. Very big chunks of luck in the first leg and a no-contest due to injury combined with impossible task in the second.

They're good. Let's see how good over two or three seasons in a row before wetting the knickers.

Agree with this. Some people have been creaming themselves over the two German sides and German football in general since the first legs of the semis. If it hadn't been for two injury time goals for Dortmund in the quarters then Spain would have had 3 out of the 4 teams in the semis. Bayern got lucky with two of their goals in the semi-final first leg and Barca were basically playing with ten men as Messi obviously wasn't fit.

No doubt Bayern deserve their place in the final this year but a German team hasn't won either of the European competitions since 2001. 12 years. We'll see if they can keep this up over the next 2-3 years.

DH1875
01-05-2013, 09:46 PM
No doubt Bayern deserve their place in the final this year but a German team hasn't won either of the European competitions since 2001. 12 years. We'll see if they can keep this up over the next 2-3 years.

Could be wrong but does tonight's result not mean Bayern will have been in 3 of four finals? No need to wait 2-3 years, their already a top team.

NOLA
01-05-2013, 10:51 PM
English firms will be getting all excited at the prospect of 50k + germans strutting through london town andreas Moller style ;)

Stringer
01-05-2013, 10:58 PM
The Germans singing 'football's coming home' in Wembley! :aok:

Steve20
02-05-2013, 07:02 AM

Bayern outplayed Barca in both legs. Easily.

Teo10
02-05-2013, 08:41 AM
I have heard too many people saying "Death of Barca" Etc. Not enough looking at the fact that Bayern played a very very smart tactical game. They marked Messi out of the first leg and then they hit Barca's weak points, defending from set pieces and also the counter attack, it's no secret Alves is a pap defender just bombs forward alot and they have minimal height at defending set pieces.

A defeat like this has been coming for them but I will wait until after the summer before saying that they have passed their best.

They need atleast two defenders and a striker.

They have a lot of young academy players coming through. Cuenca, Tello, Thiago, Dos Santos etc who will play a part next year too

heretoday
02-05-2013, 08:53 AM
The Germans singing 'football's coming home' in Wembley! :aok:

I can see the headlines in The Sun, Mirror etc already. The Eagles have landed.....

JimBHibees
02-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Agree with this. Some people have been creaming themselves over the two German sides and German football in general since the first legs of the semis. If it hadn't been for two injury time goals for Dortmund in the quarters then Spain would have had 3 out of the 4 teams in the semis. Bayern got lucky with two of their goals in the semi-final first leg and Barca were basically playing with ten men as Messi obviously wasn't fit.

Agree with that however no getting away from how dominant Bayern were over the two legs. There were factors though as I think they got away with alot in the first leg including Martinez and Schwiensteiger being able to foul at will without getting yellow. This broke up the Barca play and they also had two goals incorrectly given. I think Barca were at their weakest for years though their defence is appalling and were due losing a few and to me their coach situation and tying up the league early means they have went off the boil big time. The lack of energy in winning the ball back was so apparent last night, about a year or so ago when they lost it 3 or 4 were working to get it back.

Premature to be talking about German domination as the Champs league were a Scottish officials error away from 3 out of 4 Spanish teams. The clown Steve McLaren was waxing lyrical about German domination however it seems they have a decent group at the moment but dont see anything particularly radical about what they are doing.

The funniest thing though is what does Guardiola do as no doubt he was taken on by Bayern to bring tikka-takka football to Germany however his job is much more difficult given how decisive last night was.

Alex Trager
02-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Agree with that however no getting away from how dominant Bayern were over the two legs. There were factors though as I think they got away with alot in the first leg including Martinez and Schwiensteiger being able to foul at will without getting yellow. This broke up the Barca play and they also had two goals incorrectly given. I think Barca were at their weakest for years though their defence is appalling and were due losing a few and to me their coach situation and tying up the league early means they have went off the boil big time. The lack of energy in winning the ball back was so apparent last night, about a year or so ago when they lost it 3 or 4 were working to get it back.

Premature to be talking about German domination as the Champs league were a Scottish officials error away from 3 out of 4 Spanish teams. The clown Steve McLaren was waxing lyrical about German domination however it seems they have a decent group at the moment but dont see anything particularly radical about what they are doing.

The funniest thing though is what does Guardiola do as no doubt he was taken on by Bayern to bring tikka-takka football to Germany however his job is much more difficult given how decisive last night was.

How can you you say that Dortmund wouldn't have progressed if it hasn't been for officials. If they got the call of the Malaga offside goal right and the Dortmund one, it still would have been 2-1 Dortmund. It isn't a hard thing to understand yet so many miss it out completely.

JimBHibees
02-05-2013, 09:20 AM
How can you you say that Dortmund wouldn't have progressed if it hasn't been for officials. If they got the call of the Malaga offside goal right and the Dortmund one, it still would have been 2-1 Dortmund. It isn't a hard thing to understand yet so many miss it out completely.

That is a fair point and you are right however I think the nature of the decision for the final goal was so bad e.g 4 players offside from the free kick, Santana clearly offside a yard from goal with Kevin Clancy staring at it from 5 yards away as well as the linesman having a clear view was a shocker and much worse IMO than a goal given when just offside from fast moving open play.

YehButNoBut
02-05-2013, 10:50 AM
http://media1.sulia.com/static/user_images/65/2013-04-30/95e09cf4-e032-4b68-91b7-424f91a40326

DH1875
02-05-2013, 12:02 PM
http://media1.sulia.com/static/user_images/65/2013-04-30/95e09cf4-e032-4b68-91b7-424f91a40326

OOOFF, could they no have gotten a better looking bird than that to model it :confused:.

DH1875
02-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Barca need at least 4 or 5 new players in the summer. They'll end up going out and spending 50-70 million on players and yet all the delusional fans on here will tare into REAL for doing the same.
More than a club...........my arse.

Broken Gnome
02-05-2013, 12:15 PM

That's not true though, Malaga were already through when it was 1-1, so night have quite happily spent ten minutes hoofing every thing in sight just to see out time if their goal had been disallowed. How do you know Dortmund would have scored? Can never know how things would have played out, but ultimately Dortmund's four-times offside winner knocked Malaga out.