PDA

View Full Version : Kenya

Skanko79
01-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Anyone been?

Any advice on where to go/avoid?

and how safe is it at night?

seen some reviews online, mostly good, was just wondering if anyone on here has been and has anything to say about the place.

going in september for 2 weeks, 3 days in nairobi and the rest in mombasa.

:thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
03-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Not been to Nairobi. Mombassa it has been many years but the bars we frequented were The Rainbow and The Bristol, not a clue if they are still there but the females will be somewhere around :wink:. I do not know one single place in the whole of Africa that is safe to walk around at night.

YehButNoBut
03-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Went to Kenya around 7/8 years ago and stayed up the cost from Mombasa at Watamu. Would doubt that Mombasa & Nairobi are that safe to wander around in at night but if you can hook up with some locals (from the hotel say) we did this at night & went to a local nightclub & bars and it was ok. Two trips not to be missed are safaris to the Masai Mara & Voi at Tsavo east both were amazing. http://www.voiwildlifelodge.com/ http://www.royalmara.com/

marinello59
03-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Not been to Nairobi. Mombassa it has been many years but the bars we frequented were The Rainbow and The Bristol, not a clue if they are still there but the females will be somewhere around :wink:. I do not know one single place in the whole of Africa that is safe to walk around at night.

What about the Sunshine Club? I came home with a t-shirt from there. My dear old Mum thought I had been to some Salvation Army style meeting. :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
03-05-2013, 01:37 PM
What about the Sunshine Club? I came home with a t-shirt from there. My dear old Mum thought I had been to some Salvation Army style meeting. :greengrin

I was trying to be respectable!!!!:greengrin

marinello59
03-05-2013, 01:37 PM
I was trying to be respectable!!!!:greengrin

:greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
03-05-2013, 01:40 PM
And stay on Tusker beer. Yarpies are trying to take over with Castle, but local brew is best. :agree:

marinello59
03-05-2013, 01:43 PM
And stay on Tusker beer. Yarpies are trying to take over with Castle, but local brew is best. :agree:

Tusker. Now that is a real blast from my past. :thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
03-05-2013, 01:45 PM

I guess if the truth be known, it was p1sh water the same as any other p1shwater beer, but at least you felt you were doing what you were supposed to do when you drank the local beer as opposed to the imported stuff. :greengrin

marinello59
03-05-2013, 01:54 PM
I guess if the truth be known, it was p1sh water the same as any other p1shwater beer, but at least you felt you were doing what you were supposed to do when you drank the local beer as opposed to the imported stuff. :greengrin

Happiness was a cold Tusker. Misery was a warm Tusker. :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
03-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Happiness was a cold Tusker. Misery was a warm Tusker. :greengrin

Correct, but then again most beers were passable when cold. ONly exception I can think was one called Three Horses from Panama. That was undrinkable!

Now, there is a strange thing. I just googled it to see if it was still available and it was brewed in Madagascar! Why the hell did we take 1,000 cases in Panama then? Damne dif I know. Bloody Chief Steward at it probably!!!

hibby rae
04-05-2013, 10:32 AM

You can get it in Brauhaus. However I've vowed not to go back there till Hearts go out of business. Then I'll go to celebrate!

Skanko79
06-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Thank you for all the info guys, appreciate it.

Looking forward to getting out there it looks amazing, the hotel we are staying at supplies guides and stuff if you do want to venture out but the hotel seems to have everything in it!

thanks again guys. :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-05-2013, 12:50 PM
You can get it in Brauhaus. However I've vowed not to go back there till Hearts go out of business. Then I'll go to celebrate!

Haha! thats on my list too.