PDA

View Full Version : Turning people away at ticket office

mondacabbage
01-05-2013, 01:20 PM
If you are thinking of coming downto the ticket office don't bother. The line is now closed and they are sending people away

Jay
01-05-2013, 01:24 PM
If you are thinking of coming downto the ticket office don't bother. The line is now closed and they are sending people away

My sons been there for two and a half hours and is only at the west stand reception so anybody turning up wouldnt get served until after closing time.

hibby rae
01-05-2013, 02:05 PM
I don't understand why there's massive queues? Surely if you're a season ticket holder you're guaranteed your place at Hampden and don't need to spend all day in a line. Personally, I'm not planning to head down for a few days.

PerfectlyFranck
01-05-2013, 02:14 PM
I don't understand why there's massive queues? Surely if you're a season ticket holder you're guaranteed your place at Hampden and don't need to spend all day in a line. Personally, I'm not planning to head down for a few days.

Some people might want decent seats before the North Stand is sold out.

JohnStephens91
01-05-2013, 02:21 PM
I waited for 3 and a half hours in a queue today so it is understandable that they are turning people away now. I feel sorry for the Ticket Office staff who will be feeling the wrath of the online customers who couldn't book tickets via the website. They have been working hard all day and didn't get a break in the time that I was waiting.

Jay
01-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Hitting four and a half hours in the queue now and is only at turnstyle 17

EH6 Hibby
01-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Does anyone know if there's a separate queue for season ticket renewals?

portyhibernian
01-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Been here 5 hours, probably going to be 6 hours before I get served, do feel sorry for the ticket office staff but hasn't been handled well at all.

Bobo
01-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Does anyone know if there's a separate queue for season ticket renewals?

They're being sold separately from the club shop

EH6 Hibby
01-05-2013, 03:41 PM
They're being sold separately from the club shop

Cheers. A few of our group still to renew before we get our final tickets and would be a nightmare having to wait in that queue to do it.

hibby rae
01-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Some people might want decent seats before the North Stand is sold out.

Possibly yeah, but that's where I was in the semi and I went down a few days after they went onsale.

Twiglet
01-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Been here 5 hours, probably going to be 6 hours before I get served, do feel sorry for the ticket office staff but hasn't been handled well at all.

How could it have been handled better?

Pretty Boy
01-05-2013, 04:06 PM

More blocks released online and on the phones.

A lot of those in the queue are there because of the shambles yhat was the online service this morning.

Beefster
01-05-2013, 04:06 PM

More staff. Better process (there were no queues last year IIRC).

Having someone queuing outside for six hours isn't the best.

Gus Fring
01-05-2013, 04:10 PM

Not having lots of people who were unable to order online would have been a good idea. I've renewed but can only buy one ticket online. I also can't get to the ticket office for days so will likely end up with a seat behind the goals. I had 2 tickets for section D4 in my basket at 10:15 this morning though.

hibee_girl
01-05-2013, 04:11 PM

By doing it the same as last year

Just Alf
01-05-2013, 04:14 PM

Thing is, after the 1st hour they must have been aware of the queues etc, surely not beyond the wit of man/woman to think "hang on this is a problem" and make some calls to get extra staff in of rota days off etc? Might've been another hour until they wee there but at least they could have come out and told the queue what was happening and everyone would know thinks were getting better!

Twiglet
01-05-2013, 04:14 PM

Last year you handed in a form and then they sorted it out.
There's no way they could have anticipated so many people turning up at the stadium today to get tickets. Patterns will have been looked at how people buy tickets generally and how they were bought for the semi. There's only so many computers/tills/card machines that can get used at one time, so even with more staff things may not have gone much quicker. Checks would need to be done on every reference number manually and that takes time if someone rocks up with a few tickets.

Col_0762
01-05-2013, 04:15 PM
By doing it the same as last year

One of the suits walking about today said we all moaned about the forms last year and we never got seats where we all wanted, when he was asked by me why they hadn't done the same.

Onion
01-05-2013, 04:15 PM

Yes, but Hibs will have recognised that and arranged for a steady stream of free coffee, snacks and visits from the players for all those poor souls who had to queue all day... right ? That's what any decent company would have done.

Col_0762
01-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Last year you handed in a form and then they sorted it out.
There's no way they could have anticipated so many people turning up at the stadium today to get tickets. Patterns will have been looked at how people buy tickets generally and how they were bought for the semi. There's only so many computers/tills/card machines that can get used at one time, so even with more staff things may not have gone much quicker. Checks would need to be done on every reference number manually and that takes time if someone rocks up with a few tickets.

Should have been a seperate window for block bookings. This caused the problems, folk buying 50-70 seats at a time. Anyone wanting 10 or more tickets go to window 1, 9 or less windows 2, 3 and 4. This would have saved a lot of time. Apparently it wasn't "manageable" though.

Jay
01-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Yes, but Hibs will have recognised that and arranged for a steady stream of free coffee, snacks and visits from the players for all those poor souls who had to queue all day... right ? That's what any decent company would have done.

Five and a half hours queueing and they couldnt sit 8 people together! My boy was moaning that when he queued a few years back with his pal for Livi season tickets (I cant even imagine why that would happen but it did) John Robertson appeared with sandwiches and drinks for everybody while Hibs did absolutely nothing.

Twiglet
01-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Should have been a seperate window for block bookings. This caused the problems, folk buying 50-70 seats at a time. Anyone wanting 10 or more tickets go to window 1, 9 or less windows 2, 3 and 4. This would have saved a lot of time. Apparently it wasn't "manageable" though.

I think no matter how they did it there would be a lot of unhappy people. A no win situation. If people were making block bookings they may not have been happy that someone who turned up 1 hour after they arrived were buying tickets.
Still, why people were buying 50-70 tickets? Do people really go in groups that big?

Bishop Hibee
01-05-2013, 04:25 PM
One of the suits walking about today said we all moaned about the forms last year and we never got seats where we all wanted, when he was asked by me why they hadn't done the same.

I don't remember anyone moaning about the forms last year. 12 of us applied for South Stand tickets, wrote "Upper" on the form and got them. My mate spent ages online trying to get 14 of us together in the North this time. Managed it but pretty near the front unfortunately.

Ringothedog
01-05-2013, 04:26 PM

Is it ? There are only so many windows at which Hibs can sell tickets from, is it their fault ? possibly.I have queued for concert tickets/Football tickets and its taken all day to get them, I didn't complain, didn't get coffee or snacks. What could have been done differently by Hibs as you appear to be a master in Customer Services(and also at having digs at Hibs) .

PerfectlyFranck
01-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Possibly yeah, but that's where I was in the semi and I went down a few days after they went onsale.

That was for the semi, hardly the same for the cup final.

Col_0762
01-05-2013, 04:28 PM
I think no matter how they did it there would be a lot of unhappy people. A no win situation. If people were making block bookings they may not have been happy that someone who turned up 1 hour after they arrived were buying tickets.
Still, why people were buying 50-70 tickets? Do people really go in groups that big?

One guy took 45 mins at a window alone!! Maybe limit block bookings to online and phone sales only then and make a max of 10 in person. To have OAP's, kids etc stand for 5 hours in cold and wet conditions is out of line. To be fair they offered shelter, but after everyone was soaked through. Ambulance even got called for one old boy. Shambles and like the lady above says no offer of tea/coffee or even water. Hibs just cant handle big games and the requirements needed to serve the customers. Its always the same.

Col_0762
01-05-2013, 04:31 PM
I don't remember anyone moaning about the forms last year. 12 of us applied for South Stand tickets, wrote "Upper" on the form and got them. My mate spent ages online trying to get 14 of us together in the North this time. Managed it but pretty near the front unfortunately.

Thats what we all said today. It was simple. Fill form in, drop it off, pick up tickets. Everyone today agreed they got the seats they wanted last year. But they done their homework apparently.

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Sounds like a real shambles. I mean 5 hours queuing...WTF?

Onion
01-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Is it ? There are only so many windows at which Hibs can sell tickets from, is it their fault ? possibly.I have queued for concert tickets/Football tickets and its taken all day to get them, I didn't complain, didn't get coffee or snacks. What could have been done differently by Hibs as you appear to be a master in Customer Services(and also at having digs at Hibs) .

Erm, yes and yes ! Fact that you're prepared to tolerate that doesn't make it right - and more likely just perpetuates the problem. Give me £1.50 per ticket booking fee and I'll give it a go :greengrin

PISTOL1875
01-05-2013, 05:06 PM

What happens there is that somebody will organise a bus , then collect season tickets , money from everybody and get the bus loads tickets all at once ....

down-the-slope
01-05-2013, 05:15 PM
im confused :confused: just come home from work (first day back after being away long w/e in Berlin) had forgotten till lunchtime it was start of ticket sales.

Switched on computer opened up ticket site...click click (quick search for password as Id not got to hand) 4 tickets ... card details...7 mins max...

:greengrin easy peasy lemon squeezy.....and there are days for priority sales

So whats the issue? is it whole buses hoping they can be seated together?

Twiglet
01-05-2013, 05:34 PM
What happens there is that somebody will organise a bus , then collect season tickets , money from everybody and get the bus loads tickets all at once ....

Madness. Enough stress trying to organise people sitting on a bus, never mind the tickets too. Ah well, brave people doing that - rather them than me. :)

Tully
01-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Five and a half hours queueing and they couldnt sit 8 people together! My boy was moaning that when he queued a few years back with his pal for Livi season tickets (I cant even imagine why that would happen but it did) John Robertson appeared with sandwiches and drinks for everybody while Hibs did absolutely nothing.

Turned up at 2:40 today,4 and a half hours later walked away with 8 seats together in the north

Scouse Hibee
01-05-2013, 08:02 PM
I sat comfortably at work safe in the knowledge that Scouse junior was in the queue at ER. I have my tickets and it was stress free :greengrin

Stantons Angel
01-05-2013, 08:15 PM
That was for the semi, hardly the same for the cup final.

Why would it be different for the final? we sold 17,000 for that game and with only 20,000 given for the final its only and extra 3000 tickets?

Unless you are referring to those who chose to not attend the semi but want/demand a ticket for the final?

As other posters have said Hibs have looked at ticket sales and the pattern of buying and put together this process hoping to please. If the online system was faulty at the start and made people panic over getting a ticket. they would all make their way to the stadium.

looking back at last year's final ticket sale procedure i only stood in line 5 mins tops to hand my forms in and get a receipt. Picking them up was no problem too in and out with the tickets in 2 mins.

Believe me the staff in that ticket office will be working their butts off to get you served and on your way.
They wont have had any breaks at all during the day and all computers and printers will be put in use.
Its hopeless to phone as they are all so busy dealing with those in the queues.

How many of you would stand there all day long without a break and have to listen to the demands of people with no idea of what is really going on in there.

Life is oh so sweet when we get our hands on those tickets but please spare a thought for those couped up in that office looking out on so many angry faces.

Give them a break!

lucky
01-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Took me two minutes online this evening. Some patients from Hibs fans and it would not have been a problem.

Fred Perry
01-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Bought online - 5 minutes max at lunchtime today. :greengrin

Gus Fring
01-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Took me two minutes online this evening. Some patients from Hibs fans and it would not have been a problem.

Sadly, patience was not a solution for a lot of us. I tried several times this morning and was unable to purchase 2 tickets. Both the website and the call centre were unable to process them. If I had been able to get to the ticket office today I would have been there. I had 3 mates who had the same issue, their renewal just hasn't been registered on the system correctly. According to them the 2 main reasons given by people in the queue were that they either didn't trust the online system or because they had issues.

marinello59
01-05-2013, 08:31 PM

If the club had released more than one section in the most popular areas it would not have been a problem. I agree to an extent that everybody trying to buy their tickets in the first few hours of the sale put pressure on the system but the club made things worse. The frontline ticket office staff were faced with hassle they should not have had. I feel really sorry for them.
I always use the online system and prior to today had no problems with it. That was a mess today.

blackpoolhibs
01-05-2013, 08:32 PM
They probably should have done what they did last year, i mean it is a cup final and i am just happy we are there and i will have a ticket. I'm not really bothered where they put me, being at the final is enough for me. I cant imagine the folk getting 70 tickets all sit together at easter road unless its the section 43 lads, why do they all want to sit together at the final?:confused:

HibeeN
01-05-2013, 09:11 PM

We had the whole of the North stand for them semi, remember. Celtic will have half of it for the final, that's why it will be more difficult to get a decent seat.

kenny-55
01-05-2013, 10:04 PM
:wink: In Budapest and was going to get tickets on the weekend but read all the info on here so now bought on line 2 tickets for two season tickets with special delivery 5 mins tops phew thank goodness for the on line sales
:not worth:flag:

down-the-slope
01-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Sadly, patience was not a solution for a lot of us. I tried several times this morning and was unable to purchase 2 tickets. Both the website and the call centre were unable to process them. If I had been able to get to the ticket office today I would have been there. I had 3 mates who had the same issue, their renewal just hasn't been registered on the system correctly. According to them the 2 main reasons given by people in the queue were that they either didn't trust the online system or because they had issues.

There is a lot of those :agree: