PDA

View Full Version : the "I'm desperate for a ticket" thread.

Pete
01-05-2013, 04:31 AM
Hi.

I've been a season ticket holder for years but am not this season. I'm hoping some kind hibbys will help me get to the match.

Ideally I'd like six but I'll accept three. Somewhere central in the north stand would be great and not too close to the pitch.

Thanks.

Hibby70
01-05-2013, 05:44 AM
What would you like from the kiosk?

iwasthere1972
01-05-2013, 05:56 AM
Count me in too.

I'm desperately looking for 4 tickets in the North Stand but I don't want seats next to any drunks or stripped to the waist fans. A good view of the pitch is essential as 3 of the tickets are for my ebay clients who all have 5 star ratings with 100% feedback from 2000+ satisfied customers.

Look forward to your pm's and all offers will be carefully considered. If I don't respond to your pm within 48 hours then please be patient as I am expecting to be inundated with offers.

Thanks.

poolman
01-05-2013, 06:04 AM
Hi.

I've been a season ticket holder for years but am not this season. I'm hoping some kind hibbys will help me get to the match.

Ideally I'd like six but I'll accept three. Somewhere central in the north stand would be great and not too close to the pitch.

Thanks.

:faf:

Time For Heroes
01-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Hi.

Thanks.

Hibbyradge beat you to it mate :D

Brightside
01-05-2013, 06:52 AM
Ideally i'd like 6??? WTF. So none of the 6 are ST Holders?

wearethehibs
01-05-2013, 06:55 AM
What Ill do is look around for 3 season ticket holders who have all renewd and none of them are going to the final.

I hope that was just a joke

Cabbage East
01-05-2013, 07:34 AM
I'd like 7 tickets please. I don't want to be seated near anyone who's had a drink. No one between the ages of 16-30 either unless they're accompanied by a child. And nowhere near anyone who stands or swears.

Thanks in advance.

Mikey
01-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Whilst I'm sure this is probably a wind up, it's worth bearing in mind that there is still a way to guarantee yourself a ticket.

Now I know this isn't popular as I've been pulled up for it before, but if you buy a season ticket for 2013/14 it entitles you to a cup final ticket..............

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/ForeverGreen/0,,10290,00.html

My sincere apologies to anyone I've offended :wink:

Cabbage East
01-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Broken record :greengrin

MB62
01-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Whilst I'm sure this is probably a wind up, it's worth bearing in mind that there is still a way to guarantee yourself a ticket.

Now I know this isn't popular as I've been pulled up for it before, but if you buy a season ticket for 2013/14 it entitles you to a cup final ticket..............

looking for 4 tickets for any part of the ground myself. However, I do find £400 for a cup final ticket a bit of a rip off :wink:

blackpoolhibs
01-05-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm selling my place on the open top bus for the victory parade, bidding starts at £100.

Mikey
01-05-2013, 08:01 AM
looking for 4 tickets for any part of the ground myself. However, I do find £400 for a cup final ticket a bit of a rip off :wink:

Aye, but you get 18 free home games next season thrown in :wink:

lyonhibs
01-05-2013, 08:08 AM
If anyone has 4 going spare, I'll gladly take them.

Not been to a game since the Blobby era since I moved all the way to Galashiels for work, but me and my formidable posse of Aunties are looking to gear up the old horse and cart for the 3 day trek to "The Big City".

2 shillings 6d per ticket is the best I can offer.

I know "The Hibee Family" will pull through for me...................

Aldo
01-05-2013, 08:54 AM
I'm selling my place on the open top bus for the victory parade, bidding starts at £100.

Bollocks I'm 99 quid short.

marti1875
01-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Ideally i'd like 6??? WTF. So none of the 6 are ST Holders?

WHOOOOOOSH :greengrin:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-05-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm using my spare ticket for my inflatable panda, I dont fancy carrying it for the duration of the game. Besides I need somewhere to leave it when I go for a Bovril.

Beefster
01-05-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm using my spare ticket for my inflatable panda, I dont fancy carrying it for the duration of the game. Besides I need somewhere to leave it when I go for a Bovril.

I'm in a similar position. We're having to buy 2 seats for everyone attending with us so that they can place their plate of caviar blinis and glass of Pimms down when a passage of play merits some polite applause and when one must dab smoked salmon from the corners of one's mouth.

Cabbage East
01-05-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm in a similar position. We're having to buy 2 seats for everyone attending with us so that they can place their plate of caviar blinis and glass of Pimms down when a passage of play merits some polite applause and when one must dab smoked salmon from the corners of one's mouth.

Anyone that drinks at the football is sub-human. Can't you people go 2 hours without having a drink? Pathetic.

Big Frank
01-05-2013, 10:17 AM

Count me in too.

I'm desperately looking for 4 tickets in the North Stand but I don't want seats next to any drunks or stripped to the waist fans. A good view of the pitch is essential as 3 of the tickets are for my ebay clients who all have 5 star ratings with 100% feedback from 2000+ satisfied customers.

Look forward to your pm's and all offers will be carefully considered. If I don't respond to your pm within 48 hours then please be patient as I am expecting to be inundated with offers.

Thanks.

:faf:

I'd like 7 tickets please. I don't want to be seated near anyone who's had a drink. No one between the ages of 16-30 either unless they're accompanied by a child. And nowhere near anyone who stands or swears.

Thanks in advance.

Aye, but you get 18 free home games next season thrown in :wink:

:top marks

Beefster
01-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Anyone that drinks at the football is sub-human. Can't you people go 2 hours without having a drink? Pathetic.

Two hours without Pimms is like a lifetime without a ride.

Cabbage East
01-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Two hours without Pimms is like a lifetime without a ride.

A lifetime without Pimms is like a ride without Blue WKD.

DH1875
01-05-2013, 11:45 AM
On a serious note, what is it with guy's who genuinely are looking for 3/4/5 tickets and are on the scrounge. I've no problem with someone looking for the odd one or two, been in that position myself but to ask for more is a dam right cheek in my opinion.

Beefster
01-05-2013, 12:06 PM
On a serious note, what is it with guy's who genuinely are looking for 3/4/5 tickets and are on the scrounge. I've no problem with someone looking for the odd one or two, been in that position myself but to ask for more is a dam right cheek in my opinion.

No point in asking for one or two if you need six.

DH1875
01-05-2013, 12:16 PM

I'm sorted for my ticket but wouldn't mind another six for my granny, wife and kids. Wouldn't dream of coming on here asking for them when ST holders only get one or two and I especially wouldn't be asking if I never had a ticket for myself. I'd be begging for one and would think my self lucky if I got it.

hibee
01-05-2013, 12:18 PM

I thought that too, genuinely opened this thread thinking I might help someone out with a ticket but who has multiple spare tickets!

shezer
01-05-2013, 12:22 PM
http://www.celticfc.net/hospitality_scottishCupFinal.php
All Celtic Hospitality sold out.They'll be on here looking for tickets soon no doubt.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-05-2013, 12:22 PM
In all seriousness I only need 1.

surreyhibbie
01-05-2013, 12:23 PM

Three of us coming up for the game. Very little chance of tickets, but if you don't ask.....

Fully expect to be watching it in the pub with my wife and son, like the last time, but you never know.

Have to be home just in case we win it, would hate to miss the party of all parties!

GGTTH

Future17
01-05-2013, 12:28 PM

Unless you ask three times.

Waxy
01-05-2013, 12:30 PM
I only want 1. I have to be there.

PerfectlyFranck
01-05-2013, 12:37 PM
I only want 1. I have to be there.

Always time to get a ST :wink:

Mikey
01-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Always time to get a ST :wink:

Careful

:greengrin

PerfectlyFranck
01-05-2013, 12:51 PM
As a side-note, I'll not be using my 2 STs to claim cup final tickets.

I will be requiring 5 tickets for myself though. Charity feels better than entitlement.

1 in Section C3, in the centre.
2 in the South, 1 opposite to the C3 ticket and the other close to Rod Petrie to hurl abuse at.
2 in the East, equidistant to the North/South tickets.

I'll also be requiring 4 people to fill in the seats to not join in the card display.
All five of us will then leave the stadium and air our distaste at the card display and the people present.
We will return if Hibs win.

Make that 10 tickets. I want them delivered by 4pm.
A couple of match programmes too.

Beefster
01-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Unless you ask three times.

Ooh, get you with the fancy arithmetic.

Billychaotic182
01-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Well this is worth a shot

Was a season ticket holder for pretty much all my youth till I moved to Aberdeen for uni. Work weekends so can't justify getting a season ticket. Try and get to the odd games now and then as I have to have my hibs fix. Was at the hearts, Aberdeen and Falkirk game and would love to go to the final. Would love it if someone could help me out. Last year I was in the same boat and had to pay a boy £200for two tickets just because I had to be there. I've never missed a hibs game at Hampden since I've been a hibs fan don't want to think I'll miss this one. If anyone can help then that would be amazing

PerfectlyFranck
01-05-2013, 04:30 PM

Was a season ticket holder for pretty much all my youth till I moved to Aberdeen for uni. Work weekends so can't justify getting a season ticket. Try and get to the odd games now and then as I have to have my hibs fix. Was at the hearts, Aberdeen and Falkirk game and would love to go to the final. Would love it if someone could help me out. Last year I was in the same boat and had to pay a boy £200for two tickets just because I had to be there. I've never missed a hibs game at Hampden since I've been a hibs fan don't want to think I'll miss this one. If anyone can help then that would be amazing

I'd have threatened to report him unless he sold at face value. ******* touters! :furious:

As a side-note, there's a website selling tickets for £100-something for all of the stands, isn't this just ticket touting behind on a large scale? I don't quite understand it.

DH1875
01-05-2013, 04:51 PM

You could have bought a student ST last year for this season for something like £90. Would have got you a ticket for last years final and this years. Renewed it for next year and that would be another ticket. x3 cup final tickets and two seasons of football for a total of £180. Why would you even of thought of paying £200? Totally ripped off.

hibee
01-05-2013, 05:59 PM
You could have bought a student ST last year for this season for something like £90. Would have got you a ticket for last years final and this years. Renewed it for next year and that would be another ticket. x3 cup final tickets and two seasons of football for a total of £180. Why would you even of thought of paying £200? Totally ripped off.

Or donate to the kicks for kids, think it's £75 and you get to use the ticket for priority games like this.

Skanko79
01-05-2013, 06:03 PM
im after around 4 if anyone can help. in the celtic end though.

MB62
01-05-2013, 06:38 PM
I really don't get the sarcasm here, other than some of the more ridiculous requests. This is Hibs fans asking other Hibs fans if there is any spare tickets to be had, keep us/them in mind. I don't have a season ticket but have been to most of the home games this season. Unless I buy a S.T. for next season, which I won't do, I have little chance of getting my hands on a cup final ticket. My mate in the U.S.A has said he has FOUR tickets so he must have been making the same requests elsewhere to be given these as he doesn't have a S.T.

Is this final all about Hibs fans returning to Edinburgh whilst those of us who go to most of the games get bumped?

BTW, now looking for 100 tickets, free if possible, for the sponsors lounge.

1875Hibees
01-05-2013, 06:45 PM
I really don't get the sarcasm here, other than some of the more ridiculous requests. This is Hibs fans asking other Hibs fans if there is any spare tickets to be had, keep us/them in mind. I don't have a season ticket but have been to most of the home games this season. Unless I buy a S.T. for next season, which I won't do, I have little chance of getting my hands on a cup final ticket. My mate in the U.S.A has said he has FOUR tickets so he must have been making the same requests elsewhere to be given these as he doesn't have a S.T.

Is this final all about Hibs fans returning to Edinburgh whilst those of us who go to most of the games get bumped?

Fully agree. People requesting tickets when true Hibs fans may have to go without tickets. Really annoys me.

DH1875
01-05-2013, 06:59 PM

Don't have a problem with folk asking for one or two. Its the folk asking for 5 or 6 that take the biscuit. Your mate might have been offered 4, doubt they all came from the same person though. What I really don't get though is that if he has been offered 4, how'd he not get you one. You said you've no chance, well if your mates telling the truth, you did.

Billychaotic182
01-05-2013, 10:13 PM

I failed uni so not a student anymore lol

MB62
02-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Don't have a problem with folk asking for one or two. Its the folk asking for 5 or 6 that take the biscuit. Your mate might have been offered 4, doubt they all came from the same person though.

They don't need to come from the same person, in fact I know in his case they didn't, two lots of two I believe, but it's still a promise of tickets.

What I really don't get though is that if he has been offered 4, how'd he not get you one. You said you've no chance, well if your mates telling the truth, you did.

And you know this because?
My mate has his own family to look after and quite rightly so.
When people say they are looking for x amount of tickets, I doubt they are asking if one person can supply them with them all but anybody that might be in a position to help with one or two would be gratefully received.
We are getting 20,000 tickets for the final, had 17,500 at the semi-final, our average home crowd recently has been less than 10,000. I don't think it would have been too difficult to organise that any non season ticket holders who were at the semi-final should hold on to their ticket stubs and be given 2nd or 3rd priority for cup final tickets.
BTW, we were all in the 'stayed to the finish' camp in the semi-final but might not even be in the 'there at the start' camp for the final.

Beefster
02-05-2013, 07:59 AM
They don't need to come from the same person, in fact I know in his case they didn't, two lots of two I believe, but it's still a promise of tickets.

When people say they are looking for x amount of tickets, I doubt they are asking if one person can supply them with them all but anybody that might be in a position to help with one or two would be gratefully received.
We are getting 20,000 tickets for the final, had 17,500 at the semi-final, our average home crowd recently has been less than 10,000. I don't think it would have been too difficult to organise that any non season ticket holders who were at the semi-final should hold on to their ticket stubs and be given 2nd or 3rd priority for cup final tickets.
BTW, we were all in the 'stayed to the finish' camp in the semi-final but might not even be in the 'there at the start' camp for the final.

Everyone wants a priority scheme that fits their circumstances.

You'd then have folk moaning about how they attend 10 PATG games a season but missed the semi because they were ill/on holiday etc etc etc. Guaranteeing a cup final ticket because you went to a single big game is probably one of the least fair ideas for ticket priority going about.

MB62
02-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Everyone wants a priority scheme that fits their circumstances.

You'd then have folk moaning about how they attend 10 PATG games a season but missed the semi because they were ill/on holiday etc etc etc. Guaranteeing a cup final ticket because you went to a single big game is probably one of the least fair ideas for ticket priority going about.

I agree, but slightly more fair than overseas fans getting tickets. This is not the clubs fault and more the good fortune of those fans being able to outsource tickets, which was, I believe, the whole point of the O.P's thread.

Beefster
02-05-2013, 08:52 AM
I agree, but slightly more fair than overseas fans getting tickets. This is not the clubs fault and more the good fortune of those fans being able to outsource tickets, which was, I believe, the whole point of the O.P's thread.

Depends on how much the overseas supporter pumps into Hibs every season.

To be honest, if I had a spare, I'd probably give it to someone prepared to fly home for a cup final before someone who lives nearby but doesn't go to all home games.

edinburghhibee
02-05-2013, 09:08 AM
And is it not the case that our support from overseas pay a season ticket to watch our games on hibs TV??? Sure they get priority tickets for finals through that.

MB62
02-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Depends on how much the overseas supporter pumps into Hibs every season.

To be honest, if I had a spare, I'd probably give it to someone prepared to fly home for a cup final before someone who lives nearby but doesn't go to all home games.

And when the home gates are showing C9,000 next season and folk start moaning that we had 20,000+ at the cup and start asking where they have all gone, you will still be expecting us that have maybe missed out on that final to be going along to watch St. Mirren et al on a freezing cold Monday night?

Beefster
02-05-2013, 10:56 AM
And when the home gates are showing C9,000 next season and folk start moaning that we had 20,000+ at the cup and start asking where they have all gone, you will still be expecting us that have maybe missed out on that final to be going along to watch St. Mirren et al on a freezing cold Monday night?

I won't be expecting anything. You're more than entitled to choose which games you attend. You just won't be entitled to priority on the important stuff.

After last year's bitchfest about priority for cup final tickets, it's like Groundhog Day this year.

Hibernia Na Eir
02-05-2013, 11:12 AM
interesting to note, this similar thread last year had a ridiculous amount of folk after tickets. Far less this time. Wonder why?

MB62
02-05-2013, 11:14 AM
I won't be expecting anything. You're more than entitled to choose which games you attend. You just won't be entitled to priority on the important stuff.

After last year's bitchfest about priority for cup final tickets, it's like Groundhog Day this year.

I'm not asking for priority. I am asking if anybody has any spare tickets if they felt they could contact me with the offer, I would be delighted, as was the point of the thread originally until it got all sarcy.

It doesn't matter what the club do with this, there will always be people that it doesn't work out for, this time around it's myself, tough luck for me. That doesn't mean to say I don't want to go so am asking fellow Hibs fans for any help with tickets if they feel they can give it. I might still be able to get tickets IF there is a public sale, but maybe not.
You gave your reason for thinking overseas fans deserve tickets more than those of us who are based here and go to the games. I don't agree with that choice but that is what it is, your choice to make.

The bitchfest will continue on here next season when the 12,000 or so who are at Dumpden don't bother to go to Easter Road, we fail to sign or keep players we want because we can't afford it, but at least they had a ticket for the final.

DH1875
02-05-2013, 12:33 PM

If he's such a good mate and knows you go to every home game then why wouldn't he offer you one of the 4? Does all his family live in the US or are the other 3 tickets for Hibs fans who live here? If they live here and don't go to games then I don't think it is quite rightly so. Really can't be arsed with fans who give their spare tickets to family members who have never been to ER in their puff. Especially when guy's like you are missing out. Like I've said time and time again, if your after one and only one I hope you get it. No problem with folk asking for a ticket. I'll probably be on here begging next year for one. It's the people who are asking for 4/5/6 tickets that get me. Especially the ones who all live in Edinburgh. You'd have thought at least one of them could have bought a ST IF they all go to the games every week.

I'd like them to bring in some sort of scheme. The membership was ideal but I can see why the club stopped it. Memberships only really work if you sell all your ST allocation. If not most fans get wise to it and end up only spending £30 a time instead of £400. The club would end up losing a fortune as the membership pretty much guaranteed you the same priority as a ST. I've got a ST but I'm not renewing. I don't live in Edinburgh and have missed over half our home games so it's nowhere near worth it. I'd gladly spend £30 on a membership for next season though but if they don't bring it out I'll be on here begging for a cup final ticket next year. AND that's the thing, it'll be one ticket for me not 5 or 6 for all the family.

MB62
02-05-2013, 02:42 PM
If he's such a good mate and knows you go to every home game then why wouldn't he offer you one of the 4?

He is a good mate, and just this afternoon phone me at work to say I can have 2 of his tickets (only looking for another two now).
BTW, I don't go to ALL of the home games, MOST but NOT ALL, hence why I don't get a S.T.

DH1875
02-05-2013, 02:56 PM
What I really don't get though is that if he has been offered 4, how'd he not get you one. You said you've no chance, well if your mates telling the truth, you did.

He is a good mate, and just this afternoon phone me at work to say I can have 2 of his tickets (only looking for another two now).
BTW, I don't go to ALL of the home games, MOST but NOT ALL, hence why I don't get a S.T.

Told you :greengrin.

Seriously though, glad your sorted :aok:.

Pete
03-05-2013, 12:11 AM
interesting to note, this similar thread last year had a ridiculous amount of folk after tickets. Far less this time. Wonder why?

Just wait until the general sale ends and we've sold out. I have a feeling there will be just as big a demand as there will be less available for us this time as celtic will hoover up the "football family" seats.

higgy0418
03-05-2013, 03:05 AM
I need a ticket for just me and my brother. We've both moved away from Edinburgh so couldn't justify having season tickets any longer but still make it to our fair share of games. Mostly away ones just because there easier for us to get to

we don't know of anyone that's got 2 season tickets for this one and next so couldn't personally ask otherwise I would have. Based on how this thread is going I don't even know if this is the right place to ask...

:flag:

Pete
03-05-2013, 05:13 AM
For what it's worth...if I ever find myself with two spare tickets I'd rather they went to two guys who want single tickets than one guy who wants one for himself and his mate or two for his mates.

I think about 90% of the people reading this already understand what the thread is all about and probably feel the same way.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2013, 05:25 AM
Surely no panic just yet, not even at the general sale stage.

sleeping giant
03-05-2013, 10:24 AM
These threads taking the piss out of folk trying to get tickets Sickens me. What's the point ? Does it make them feel superior ? Everyone has their own reason for needing tickets.
Everyone has their reasons for not getting a ST.
I had a ST for 9 years and my boy had one for 8 years but due to the amount of matches missed due to his football and basketball leagues we decided not to get one this season.
I will most likely get final tickets through my family so I should be ok but threads like this make me sick.

hibbiedon
03-05-2013, 10:34 AM

:wink:
:aok::not worth

you just made my day cheers,

Beefster
03-05-2013, 11:52 AM
These threads taking the piss out of folk trying to get tickets Sickens me. What's the point ? Does it make them feel superior ? Everyone has their own reason for needing tickets.
Everyone has their reasons for not getting a ST.
I had a ST for 9 years and my boy had one for 8 years but due to the amount of matches missed due to his football and basketball leagues we decided not to get one this season.
I will most likely get final tickets through my family so I should be ok but threads like this make me sick.

Dry your eyes. If you come on here begging for lots of tickets when ST holders can only get two, you're opening yourself up to ridicule.

No-one takes the piss out of folk asking for one or two AFAIK.

sleeping giant
03-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Dry my eyes ? Good one Beefster. Cannae stand hibs fans trying to appear more superior than other Hibs fans. You infact are a prime example.

Beefster
03-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Dry my eyes ? Good one Beefster. Cannae stand hibs fans trying to appear more superior than other Hibs fans. You infact are a prime example.

Aside from the fact that I'm fairly sure that the OP itself is a piss take, there's an ignore function if you don't like my posts.

DH1875
03-05-2013, 12:15 PM

He's right though. If you did come on asking for one or two no-one would bat an eye. It's they guy who are asking for 5/6 tickets people are having a go at.

MB62
03-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Dry your eyes. If you come on here begging for lots of tickets when ST holders can only get two, you're opening yourself up to ridicule.

No-one takes the piss out of folk asking for one or two AFAIK.

He's right though. If you did come on asking for one or two no-one would bat an eye. It's they guy who are asking for 5/6 tickets people are having a go at.

I don't believe anybody came asking if ONE person could supply all 5/6 or whatever tickets. It was a plea to all out there that if they did have one or two spare, then every little helps enormously, 2 or 3 fellow fans helping out with a ticket here and there would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure last year there was a 'swap' thread so that people with individual tickets could maybe arrange a swap with other fans in the same boat and hopefully get seated somewhere near their mates/family.