View Full Version : Yams Tattoo man convicted of drink driving

29-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Just spotted this not sure if its been posted elsewhere

Hearts' Ryan Stevenson banned for drink driving
Published: 29 April 2013
By Billy Paterson

HEARTS midfielder Ryan Stevenson was criticised by a Sheriff for his "arrogance" after he was caught driving nearly three times over the limit.

The 28-year-old - who was in the Scotland squad for a 2011 friendly against Cyprus - was caught when police received an anonymous tip-off that he drove after a drinking session in Elliots nightclub in Prestwick, Ayrshire.

Stephanie Blair, prosecuting, told Ayr Sheriff Court that officers stopped Stevenson nearby at 2.30am and detected a strong smell of alcohol from his breath.

The former Ayr United player who stays in Dundonald, near Troon, admitted driving on April 7 in Station Road, Prestwick with a breath count of 96mg - the legal limit is 35mg.

His solicitor, Elaine Rae, said: "Mr Stevenson expresses genuine remorse in respect of his actions.

"He had been in Elliots and then was guilty of a gross error of judgement."

After he failed the roadside breath test in his Jaguar XKR, Stevenson was taken to Ayr where he was held in custody overnight.

The previous day he had captained Hearts to a 4-2 victory over Ross County.

Sheriff Desmond Leslie banned Stevenson from driving for 20 months and fined him £1500.

The Sheriff told him: "It seems to me that given what you do for a living, this was particularly stupid on your part - whether as a result of arrogance or a sense of just doing what you want to do, I don't know.

"But on this occasion you presented yourself in a way which was certainly not a role model."

So quality comments from the sheriff

29-04-2013, 04:56 PM
He'll be getting emptied quicker than his last bottle of Peroni

29-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Not going to be easy for him to get from Troon to Riccarton everyday, I don't think there's a direct bus!

29-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Not going to be easy for him to get from Troon to Riccarton everyday, I don't think there's a direct bus!

Can ye no get a Mega bus??

29-04-2013, 05:00 PM

Romanov will lay on a driver and car for him everyday

29-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Romanov will lay on a driver and car for him everyday

From lith??? Some drive that everyday?? ;-)

29-04-2013, 05:07 PM
That is absolutely disgraceful...in a Scotland squad. Potter!

29-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Three times over the limit, not exactly giving a XXXX is he, tattoo man. :no way:

29-04-2013, 05:46 PM

he lives near preswick so he will probably fly to edinburgh for training...it wont cost him anything either providing the set of wings tattooed on his neck are in good working order..

Sweet Left Peg
29-04-2013, 05:49 PM

Probably couldn't spell bus...

29-04-2013, 05:51 PM
and the yams had the cheek to get on their high horse over the Sparky tesco incident!

29-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Arrogant = Stevenson = Yams

All go hand in hand

Another criminal on they're books

EH6 Hibby
29-04-2013, 06:26 PM
He'll be getting emptied quicker than his last bottle of Peroni

What makes you think that? They didn't sack Thomson for a far worse crime.

29-04-2013, 06:33 PM
and the yams had the cheek to get on their high horse over the Sparky tesco incident!

Doug (yam fae the sun) Walker must have missed this one, :rolleyes:

29-04-2013, 06:38 PM
What makes you think that? They didn't sack Thomson for a far worse crime.

They will be looking to cut costs on anyone they think they can't make money from.

LioNeilMessi
29-04-2013, 06:56 PM
What an idiot. Given the amount of awareness on DUI crimes these days, a 20 month ban and a small fine seems quite lenient. What about a couple hundred hours in community service? :aok:

29-04-2013, 06:59 PM

To be fair to the Yams on this occasion, they are giving him pelters on Kickback

29-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Hearts class

29-04-2013, 07:07 PM
His name is Stevenson
He comes from down Ayr way
And he can
(How can he drive?)
Under the influence
D, U, D, U, DUI, DUI, DUI, D, U, D, U, DUI, D, U, DUI

29-04-2013, 07:08 PM
What an idiot. Given the amount of awareness on DUI crimes these days, a 20 month ban and a small fine seems quite lenient. What about a couple hundred hours in community service? :aok:

Tbh 20 months is more than you usually get unless he failed to provide ( which is not the case) a years ban is usually the outcome with a fine between 300 and 500 quid.

Looks like the sheriff has made an example of him. That would be the max for that sort of reading (unless he has previous for drink driving)

wee Stevie
29-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Totally agree should get him cleaning the streets around ER

SmashinGlass
29-04-2013, 07:23 PM
To be fair to the Yams on this occasion, they are giving him pelters on Kickback

Did they not give him pelters before when he left for the crime of not having his contract honoured? A few months later when he returned, tail between legs I must add, the were queuing up to welcome the hero upon his return. Given the puddle drinkers' previous form, why will this incident be any different? He'll be a hero again to them in a few weeks time and all will be forgiven. Tramps! :jamboak:

29-04-2013, 07:26 PM

He does enough unpaid work already

29-04-2013, 07:38 PM
He does enough unpaid work already

Ha ha like this

29-04-2013, 07:50 PM
he would have looked the part wi all the other schemies hanging around the Sheriff Courts.

crewetollhibee
29-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Would you want him digging your grannie's gairden ?!?!?

29-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Not the first time the **** has picked up 3 points and been financially penalised.

29-04-2013, 09:32 PM
12 quid for a taxi on the night or all this cost and hassle? I think he's even more stupid than he looks.

29-04-2013, 09:34 PM
12 quid for a taxi on the night or all this cost and hassle? I think he's even more stupid than he looks.

Must be a close run thing.

29-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Must be a close run thing.

£12 :taxi

£3 petrol with the car.

No brainer for him.

:lolyam:

29-04-2013, 10:01 PM
He walks where he wants,
Ryan Stevenson, he walks where he wants.

30-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Right, so he has been caught and convicted of drink driving, I think we need a chant for this. I feel that we need to update the songbook against the Yams too, especially as Craig Thomson (paedo) is offski in a month or so and the fat tattooed ladyboy with the stressed wife is a good target. If Webster is suspended he might even be their captain for the day... so I suggest this:

His name is Stevenson
And he can drive
(How does he drive?)
Under the influence

Scònaldò
30-04-2013, 09:41 AM
He drinks and he drives
He drinks and he driiiiives
What an irresponsible ****er
He drinks and he drives.

Hakim Sar
30-04-2013, 09:42 AM
He drinks on the left,
He drives on the riiiight,
Dirty Ryan Stevenson,
His tattoos are sh**e

30-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Right, so he has been caught and convicted of drink driving, I think we need a chant for this. I feel that we need to update the songbook against the Yams too, especially as Craig Thomson (paedo) is offski in a month or so and the fat tattooed ladyboy with the stressed wife is a good target. If Webster is suspended he might even be their captain for the day... so I suggest this:

His name is Stevenson
And he can drive
(How does he drive?)
Under the influence

Love that bit. But on a serious note, they clowns have a pop at Sparky for nicking a bottle of juice (which I'm sure turned out to be complete horse) but this utter degenerate could've killed someone. Hope the wee pr1ck gets the book thrown at him.

30-04-2013, 10:19 AM
He drinks on the left,
He drives on the riiiight,
Dirty Ryan Stevenson,
His tattoos are sh**e

Lol!

30-04-2013, 10:22 AM
He swerves to the left
He swerves to the right
The painted lady's
Been drinking all night.

cam75
30-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Your going home in a private :-)

30-04-2013, 12:41 PM

His name is Stevenson
And he can drive
(How does he drive?)
Under the influence

I think changing the second line to "He lives down Ayrshire way" works better

30-04-2013, 05:38 PM
I think changing the second line to "He lives down Ayrshire way" works better

Section 43 can work on it, the DUI bit fits in well. I really dislike the tattooed fanny and hope we really do something to wind him up. I usually shout at him about his wife being stressed and ask how she is, but this is our chance to really get into him.

Hibee Ryan
30-04-2013, 06:38 PM

His name is Stevenson
And he can drive
(How does he drive?)
Under the influence

You're going home in a f****** taxi cab