cleanyman
29-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Well done to her:agree:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22333698

JimBHibees
29-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Well done to her:agree:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22333698

Well done to her a very good footballer.

Keith_M
29-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Wow, she's looks REALLY different to her publicity photos (http://www.urbanmag-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/lil-kim_af8fabdf.jpg)!!!

HibeeN
29-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Well-deserved! :thumbsup:Great player.

Brightside
29-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Well-deserved! :thumbsup:Great player.

Cracking player and attack minded from midfield. Get her hair cut and get her in the mans team! :aok:

HibeeN
29-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Cracking player and attack minded from midfield. Get her hair cut and get her in the mans team! :aok:

:agree: Her goals-to-games ratio for Arsenal especially is outstanding!

Brightside
29-04-2013, 11:28 AM
I saw her in the Scot v Wales game. Totally runs the show.

worcesterhibby
29-04-2013, 01:06 PM
How out of place would she look in the SPL ? seriously does anyone who has seen her play think she could play at SPL level ?

Hibercelona
29-04-2013, 01:09 PM
How out of place would she look in the SPL ? seriously does anyone who has seen her play think she could play at SPL level ?

I reckon she'd fair better than Kuqi in all honesty.

And that's not a joke.

Brightside
29-04-2013, 01:13 PM
I'd play her before Robertson - put it that way. :wink:

HibeeN
29-04-2013, 01:15 PM

No. The physicality and speed of the men's game, even at the lower levels, would make it a struggle. That's not to take anything away from Kim - she's a standout player in one of the best teams in Europe and has played in front of crowds at the Olympics last year that most SPL players will never experience. Relatively speaking, she's achieved more at 22 than most Scottish players achieve in their whole careers! But there would be a big difference going into the men's game.

Brightside
29-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Yep - its a totally different game. Bottom line is the men are stonger and faster. The skill level gap is reducing but its a slower game - and its 99% amatuer as the money isnt there yet. Give it another 10 years tho and I reckon we will see the womans team playing before the mens etc. (on our new astro turn pitch) :wink:

Hibercelona
29-04-2013, 01:23 PM
No. The physicality and speed of the men's game, even at the lower levels, would make it a struggle. That's not to take anything away from Kim - she's a standout player in one of the best teams in Europe and has played in front of crowds at the Olympics last year that most SPL players will never experience. Relatively speaking, she's achieved more at 22 than most Scottish players achieve in their whole careers! But there would be a big difference going into the men's game.

I reckon they'll be slower players in the SPL than her. As for physicality, you don't see the women dropping down like flies as soon as there's the slightest bit of contact.

Not saying women should play along side men, as that would create an endless list of problems, but i'm sure they'll be a fair few female footballers who would fair better in the SPL than some of the garbage that's in it already.

JimBHibees
29-04-2013, 01:27 PM
I reckon they'll be slower players in the SPL than her. As for physicality, you don't see the women dropping down like flies as soon as there's the slightest bit of contact.

Not saying women should play along side men, as that would create an endless list of problems, but i'm sure they'll be a fair few female footballers who would fair better in the SPL than some of the garbage that's in it already.

I dont mind watching some of the womens games as generally they try and play decent passing football and some of them (Kim included) really are excellent however the bit in bold is nonsense IMO. The physicality and speed of the mens game is lightyears ahead of the womens game.

JimBHibees
29-04-2013, 01:28 PM

Agree with that.

Brightside
29-04-2013, 01:49 PM
I agree with what has been said. I love watching the womans and girls games but its a totally different game to the mens, and we need to move away from comparing. (I'd still have her instead of Robertson tho! :greengrin )

Future17
29-04-2013, 01:59 PM
I agree with what has been said. I love watching the womans and girls games but its a totally different game to the mens, and we need to move aware from comparing. (I'd still have her instead of Robertson tho! :greengrin )

You're right in that the comparisons of the male and female versions of the game are pointless because of the physcial aspects, however anyway that has seen Kim Little play should be able to spot that her technical ability is beyond that of the majority of SPL players.

Fantastic achievement and just gutted for her that Arsenal lost the CL semi-final. Hopefully there will be lots more opportunities to come. :flag:

The Olympics certainly gave the female game a boost, but it was already on the rise and I think it will continue to rise in the coming years.

HibeeN
29-04-2013, 02:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sncVtU6sDBM#t=84 s

1:24:thumbsup:

Whos-the-poster
29-04-2013, 03:07 PM
I agree with what has been said. I love watching the womans and girls games but its a totally different game to the mens, and we need to move away from comparing. (I'd still have her instead of Robertson tho! :greengrin )

:agree: Agree, cant think of another sport where gender gets compared like with like. Womens football is going from strength to strength especially in Scotland and the future looks very very bright.

GreenCastle
29-04-2013, 03:09 PM
She is a top player and a great role model for girls in Scotland and England - a true professional who doesn't drink and is technically very very good on the ball.

Not in a horrible way but she plays like a man at the top level and at 22 she will keep improving. She was Team GB's best player against Brazil in the Olympics when GB beat Brazil 1v0 in front of 90,000 people at Wembley.

Agreed you can't compare Mens to women's game - never will be the same but take it for what it is and it's vastly improving - why they don't get more media coverage for the Scotland National Team when they are ranked much higher than the men's team is ridiculous - surely people want to hear about them more and they at least win games against good nations such as Holland.

worcesterhibby
29-04-2013, 10:22 PM
thanks for the replies guys. That's a quality goal she scores at the end of that clip. I haven't watched much womens football, but if the clips of the best goals is anything to go by..women goalkeepers are rank !

KWJ
30-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Interesting shaped trophy the women are vying for there, sure they will enjoy it!