PDA

View Full Version : Matt Doherty Tweet

Billychaotic182
28-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Just tweeted this

@mattdoherty20: Still some bitter hibs fans on this iv moved on so should some of you #getalife

Classless

hfc rd
28-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Just tweeted this

@mattdoherty20: Still some bitter hibs fans on this iv moved on so should some of you #getalife

Classless

Why did he tweet this?

.Sean.
28-04-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm not one for wishing injury on a professional but i'll make an exception for that ****. Cruciate ligament please.

Billychaotic182
28-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Why did he tweet this?

No idea a mate of mine who is a Jambo just tagged me in it on Facebook

Jonnyboy
28-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Just tweeted this

Classless

A fact that makes us all eternally grateful

Heisenberg
28-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Was one of those that simply didnt give a **** when the going got tough last season. Delighted it looks like his team are going down.

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2013, 08:49 PM

this

neilmartinrocks
28-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Maybe because he gave a halfhearted apology for his part in that game we shuild just let it go?
on seconds thoughts Naw!! hes a fud

hfc rd
28-04-2013, 08:54 PM
I hope he meets a couple of those angry Wolves fans from yesterday.

Broken Gnome
28-04-2013, 08:54 PM
He's right isn't he?

Holmesdale Hibs
28-04-2013, 08:55 PM

:agree: he was unprofessional and no very good. Seemed like a prick as well.

That being said, I'm guessing the tweet was provoked? Taking a shot in the dark, but if it was a Hibs fan saying 'ha ha, glad yous were relegated', then the response was probably justified.

Pretty Boy
I don't give a **** tbh.

Enjoy league one you classless twat.

Bostonhibby
Just tweeted this

@mattdoherty20: Still some bitter hibs fans on this iv moved down so should some of you #getalife

Classless

Fixed that :wink:

Wonder where to next eh?

500miles
28-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Should have been a great player for us, but just couldn't be arsed.

That said, Georgie Francomb was a far better player going forward, and one that I'd love to see back at the club. I think his contract is up at the end of this season at Norwich.

Beefster
28-04-2013, 08:58 PM
He's right isn't he?

He is.

The boy's obviously a twat but I can't understand why folk would still be abusing him a year later.

yeezus.
28-04-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm sure it was his family I met on the train to Hampden last year - lovely folk, wish I could remember what I was saying to them because his sister was really good looking. :confused:

Diclonius
28-04-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm not excusing it but he made the decision to be slated for the rest of his professional career when he decided to take the day off against the opposition's left winger in the biggest game of his on-loan club's history.

The Green Goblin
28-04-2013, 09:04 PM
If he's "moved on", why is he tweeting about us?

Barney McGrew
28-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Just tweeted this

Classless

He played like he'd already moved on in the final last year.

And having met him in person, I can confirm he was indeed a classless twat.

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm not one for wishing injury on a professional but i'll make an exception for that ****. Cruciate ligament please.

FFS you've just proved his point!

Matt92
28-04-2013, 09:09 PM
He is a born loser.

Major **** up at us.
Major **** up at Wolves.
Therefore a key part in both clubs most embarrassing days.

Nae joy Matt, failure of a player. :aok:

Paisley Hibby
28-04-2013, 09:10 PM
He's right isn't he?

Sure is :agree:

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Also insults the standard of Hibs yet he couldn't cut it at this level, moron.

Waxy
28-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Should we really be talking about this guy?
We've been over this ground before and moved forward.

frazeHFC
28-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Some Wolves fan is saying to him he hopes he stays as he is their best full back....no wonder they are going down then.

NOLA
28-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Just tweeted this

Classless

Easy for him to "move on" he doesny have hertz fans giving it the big 1 , we for the most still live here

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Piss poor player, gave him abuse for it too. Enjoy league 1 Matty boy!

hfc rd
28-04-2013, 09:33 PM
When Leigh Griffiths goes back to Wolves this summer, I hope he snaps that twat in half by blasting a beast of a left footed volley into his balls.

Winston Ingram
28-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Did he not do an interview slagging the club?

tamig
28-04-2013, 09:37 PM
This thread's a hoot. So much irony!

Eyrie
28-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Just tweeted this

Classless
Doherty was a poor player for us, especially in that final, and his remarks afterwards were "unprofessional" at best but regarding his tweet being "classless", I'd suggest that whatever comments were aimed at him about Wolves being relegated were even more classless.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Did he not do an interview slagging the club?

Yes.

Was asked a few questions after the final and when asked if he would be back at Hibs this season he laughed and said no chance. He later got a bit abuse on twitter, out of order imo, and responded that he didn't give a **** about the final.

davhibby
28-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Did he not spend the first half of the season at Bury?

If so, that means he's taken part in two different relegation's this season

Bostonhibby
28-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Did he not spend the first half of the season at Bury?

If so, that means he's taken part in two different relegation's this season

:agree: He was at Bury and Tom Soares still is

Jones28
28-04-2013, 09:56 PM
I've moved on, his name isn't worth mentioning by anyone connected with Hibs.

Haymaker
28-04-2013, 10:36 PM
He retweeted someone saying "at least its a better standard than #hibs" about being relegated to league 1.

Pray4Marc
28-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Always came across as a Big Time Charlie when I ever seen him out in George Street. On the football aspect, his presence has been utterly poisonous to the team.

R'Albin
28-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Well I've been needing a new ex-Hibs player to give unnecessary abuse to on Twitter for a while now, Adam Mitter's not replied to me recently :greengrin

calumhibee1
28-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Should have been a great player for us, but just couldn't be arsed.

That said, Georgie Francomb was a far better player going forward, and one that I'd love to see back at the club. I think his contract is up at the end of this season at Norwich.

I also thought at the time Francomb was a better player than Docherty, although I'd hope we could still do better than him to be honest.

Hibercelona
28-04-2013, 10:56 PM
See you're doing your part to help keep Wolves up.

Will be interesting to see how much effort you show when the pressure is on. :bye:

truehibernian
28-04-2013, 11:03 PM
He retweeted someone saying "at least its a better standard than #hibs" about being relegated to league 1.

An off form, unfit, injury prone and lacking in confidence Andrew Driver ripped him a new one in the final - Doherty will sink into obscurity once his contract is up at Wolverhampton. I always remember McCarthy saying he signed Matt because he had Jarvis in his back pocket during a pre-season game - must have been pockets the size of a sleeping bag Mick and Jarvis must have been drugged.

Doherty is a poor footballer - don't know why people would tweet abuse at him directly but I'm personally delighted he's experienced yet more footballing pain. He'll maybe learn humility and a little bit of thoughtfulness as his career develops - from League 1 down the way :agree: His almost sneering voice as he answered the question about being back at Hibs still angers me to this day. In fact, in his first interview did he not make a faux pas and say he was happy to sign for 'Hearts' ?? I'm sure he did.

Kato
28-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Who?

JohnStephens91
28-04-2013, 11:52 PM
I don't like him and hopefully Wolves get shot of him. He is absolutely gash and deserves to be playing non-league football. His disrespectful behaviour towards our club was disgusting and unprofessional and for me the abuse he received on the back of it was justified. A big time Charlie because he was on loan from a Premiership club, now he will be in League One where he will be torn a new one by all and sundry. Rank footballer, rank professional, rank human. Glad his poisonous attitude is out the club.

cam75
29-04-2013, 12:55 AM
Who?

That was my thought :-)

Pete
29-04-2013, 04:47 AM
He's just a boy.

Why are people even bothering about him or contacting him when he has nothing to do with us any more?

If we are looking for people to point the finger of blame at for last season then he is pretty low down on the list when you look at the performances on the park.

Fenlon has only had one real window as far as I'm concerned. The first and second january windows were for stop-gaps and he was one of them. He done a job and I didn't expect him to have any loyalty for the club. Some would have been nice but who cares? He's a Wolves player.

If you keep giving people abuse they are bound to bite back at some point.

IWasThere2016
29-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Who?

Mad Tetchy Ort :greengrin

Treadstone
29-04-2013, 06:19 AM
Even has his Twitter verified.

#bigtimecharlie

KeithTheHibby
29-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Classless? What a hypocritical cock of the highest order.

Suppose we can draw consolation that his last game of this season shall be more painful than last.

KeithTheHibby
29-04-2013, 06:55 AM
He's just a boy.

Why are people even bothering about him or contacting him when he has nothing to do with us any more?

If we are looking for people to point the finger of blame at for last season then he is pretty low down on the list when you look at the performances on the park.

Fenlon has only had one real window as far as I'm concerned. The first and second january windows were for stop-gaps and he was one of them. He done a job and I didn't expect him to have any loyalty for the club. Some would have been nice but who cares? He's a Wolves player.

If you keep giving people abuse they are bound to bite back at some point.

It wasn't his performance it was his interview and comments after the game.

duffers
29-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Tweets like that show his level of class.
He wasn't great in the final, (or many other games he played for Hibs) but he gets the abuse he gets because his interviews with the media. Really disrespectful about the club we all love. While most people felt terrible that night, he didn't give a flying.... And more or less said that to the nation.

Wouldn't wish injury upon him, however being the big time Charlie that he is, I do find it rather funny how from a 'premier league football player' he'll now playing football in league one.

Winston Ingram
29-04-2013, 07:16 AM
His latest...

@mattdoherty20: Some reaction must of hit some nerves haha

SaulGoodman
29-04-2013, 07:24 AM
I agree with him tbh, we do seem quite bitter..

I mean he's with another club now so why people are still tweeting him is a bit desperate imo

Beefster
29-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Tweets like that show his level of class.
He wasn't great in the final, (or many other games he played for Hibs) but he gets the abuse he gets because his interviews with the media. Really disrespectful about the club we all love. While most people felt terrible that night, he didn't give a flying.... And more or less said that to the nation.

Wouldn't wish injury upon him, however being the big time Charlie that he is, I do find it rather funny how from a 'premier league football player' he'll now playing football in league one.

What about the level of class of the folk still abusing him a year after he last had anything to do with Hibs?

To be honest, as much of a tit as Doherty is, if I had numerous random nobodies abusing me on a daily basis, I'd be tempted to say whatever it took to rub them up the wrong way.

29-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Classless little ****, one of the main ones I was glad to see emptied in the summer. Couldn't give a **** about hibs and that showed in his cup final performance.

**** off Doherty, glad your not at hibs anymore, absolutely useless :fenlon:bye:

Danderhall Hibs
29-04-2013, 07:48 AM
His latest...

Based on that he certainly won't go into teaching English after his career ends.

29-04-2013, 07:50 AM
I don't like him and hopefully Wolves get shot of him. He is absolutely gash and deserves to be playing non-league football. His disrespectful behaviour towards our club was disgusting and unprofessional and for me the abuse he received on the back of it was justified. A big time Charlie because he was on loan from a Premiership club, now he will be in League One where he will be torn a new one by all and sundry. Rank footballer, rank professional, rank human. Glad his poisonous attitude is out the club.

Spot on! Don't need players like that who think they are too big for us and couldn't give a ****.

Killiehibbie
29-04-2013, 07:58 AM
I hope he finds himself looking for a job in the real world.

Sproule Three
29-04-2013, 08:09 AM
It's a sign of how bad the standard of player at Hibs has been over the last few years when Matt Doherty and Victor Palsonn were hailed as absolute superstars certain to go on to great things after their first couple of games .
The rest of the players must have been dreadful if these guys looked a cut above

Speedway
29-04-2013, 08:30 AM
So Matt Doherty is classless but the replies on this thread are 'Hibs Class' then, yeah?

lyonhibs
29-04-2013, 08:39 AM
So Matt Doherty is classless but the replies on this thread are 'Hibs Class' then, yeah?

:agree: It's amazing how many people "don't give a f***" but then go on to tell him to "f*** off" or "get a cruciate ligament injury" etc etc.

Twitter is full of, and aimed at twats. Thus, he is just playing to his comically reactionary audience.

He played for us for 6 months, an absolute no-mark of a player. As a man, I don't know him from Adam, so couldn't possibly say.

The Sea-gull
29-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Fairly sure that Doherty received a sizeable amount of positive comment on here when he played for us. Was hailed as an example of "wee Pat's good eye for a player."

He only became p$sh, over rated, "Fenlon only signed him coz he is Irish" after his comments following the cup final.

The guy sounds like an erse but can't help but feel that folk noising him up a year on is a bit needless.

Albanian Hibs
29-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Matt who????

Treadstone
29-04-2013, 09:15 AM
:agree: It's amazing how many people "don't give a f***" but then go on to tell him to "f*** off" or "get a cruciate ligament injury" etc etc.

Twitter is full of, and aimed at twats. Thus, he is just playing to his comically reactionary audience.

He played for us for 6 months, an absolute no-mark of a player. As a man, I don't know him from Adam, so couldn't possibly say.

Bit harsh, all social media and t'internet is open to all sorts good and bad.

Milandinho
29-04-2013, 09:17 AM
He showed his "class" after the final last year. I for one could not care less what he say's or does for the rest of his existence as (much like his performance in the final) he is a complete non-entity! Enjoy league one Matt :bye:

jdships
29-04-2013, 09:25 AM
I met him a couple of times by chance away from ER and got the feeling that for him football was ' simply a job ' and through playing he could make a few bob .
Didn't appear to have any great feelings for HFC
Decent enough lad to chat to all the same
:rolleyes:

Leishy1995
29-04-2013, 09:38 AM
He has since deleted the tweets, sounds a bit like last year again

Treadstone
29-04-2013, 09:41 AM
He has since deleted the tweets, sounds a bit like last year again

Noticed that too. His early morning tweet was a bit ambiguous and could have been taken the wrong way by Wolves fans not to mention the primary school grammar.

Leishy1995
29-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Noticed that too. His early morning tweet was a bit ambiguous and could have been taken the wrong way by Wolves fans not to mention the primary school grammar.

Classic Doherty, poor mans super al

GlenrothesHibee
29-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Maybe a bit of jealousy from the boy. Just been relegated to a league poorer than the SPL and we are preparing for another cup final. Chin up Matt

Wotherspiniesta
29-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Who cares? He'll fade into lower league English obscurity like many other of the players from last season. Tom Soares, Roy O Donovan, George Francomb, Osbourne, Stack.

Can understand the bitterness of some fans after his comments at the end of the season, but the fact is he'll be in the third tier of English football next year. That should irk him more than tweets from Hibs fans.

givescotlandfreedom
29-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Roaster.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2013, 06:24 PM
If he was responding to abuse on Twitter from Hibs fans after getting relegated then I suppose its human nature to bite back.

To be honest he should have just ignored it. He obviously had no idea what that final meant to us as a support and Hibs as a club before setting foot on the pitch .... or even worse, he did and just didnt care.

Yes we should move on .......... That doesnt mean we will ever forget !!!

If he had any pride as a professional footballer he wouldnt be doing anything to remind folk he played in that game, because even if he goes on to play for Barcelona ( ha ha ha ha ha ha ) that fact should be something he is ashamed of ..... not telling folk he doesnt care about the result.

Tell you this ...... Benny Brazil has been a byword ( in a sentimental kind of way ) with Hibs fans for years as an average player who really, for a lot of Hibbies at the time, wasnt good enough to be in the first team. But I tell you what ..... in the 1979 cup final Benny was brilliant, he chased down everything, ran his heart out, never gave up and for me was man of the match in the first game.

Matt Doherty might actually think he is a great footballer and far too good to play for the likes of Hibs. But he isnt fit to lace Benny Brazil's boots. Thats what I think of Matt Doherty.

As for playing for Hibs ..... he will look back on his shambles of a career years from now and realise that it was a blown chance.

If the guys name is never mentioned on here ever again it will be too soon.

FranckSuzy
29-04-2013, 06:26 PM
If he was responding to abuse on Twitter from Hibs fans after getting relegated then I suppose its human nature to bite back.

To be honest he should have just ignored it. He obviously had no idea what that final meant to us as a support and Hibs as a club before setting foot on the pitch .... or even worse, he did and just didnt care.

Yes we should move on .......... That doesnt mean we will ever forget !!!

If he had any pride as a professional footballer he wouldnt be doing anything to remind folk he played in that game, because even if he goes on to play for Barcelona ( ha ha ha ha ha ha ) that fact should be something he is ashamed of ..... not telling folk he doesnt care about the result.

Tell you this ...... Benny Brazil has been a byword ( in a sentimental kind of way ) with Hibs fans for years as an average player who really, for a lot of Hibbies at the time, wasnt good enough to be in the first team. But I tell you what ..... in the 1979 cup final Benny was brilliant, he chased down everything, ran his heart out, never gave up and for me was man of the match in the first game.

Matt Doherty might actually think he is a great footballer and far too good to play for the likes of Hibs. But he isnt fit to lace Benny Brazil's boots. Thats what I think of Matt Doherty.

As for playing for Hibs ..... he will look back on his shambles of a career years from now and realise that it was a blown chance.

If the guys name is never mentioned on here ever again it will be too soon.

:top marks

hibs4thecup1988
29-04-2013, 09:03 PM
No wonder we hold a grudge. He came out after the final and said he couldn't give two hoots...

I hate him and will take great pleasure in his side getting relegated on Sunday afternoon

Beefster
30-04-2013, 06:00 AM
No wonder we hold a grudge. He came out after the final and said he couldn't give two hoots...

I hate him and will take great pleasure in his side getting relegated on Sunday afternoon

No offence but some folk really need to get some perspective on life.

He said something, in the heat of the moment, to some folk abusing him. He's a bit of a twat. He's not worth squeezing a fart out for, never mind putting the emotional energy into hating him.

hibs4thecup1988
30-04-2013, 09:06 AM
No offence but some folk really need to get some perspective on life.

He said something, in the heat of the moment, to some folk abusing him. He's a bit of a twat. He's not worth squeezing a fart out for, never mind putting the emotional energy into hating him.

Hardly heat of the moment. He KNEW exactly what he was saying.

Some people on here where saying G'OC should not be allowed anywhere near ER or EM because of what he done after the final, yet this tube came out and said he couldn't care less?

Sorry but I hate anyone that says they couldn't care less about that day, especially those that where in the 16 man squad! :aok:

blackpoolhibs
30-04-2013, 09:09 AM

I dont hate him, but i will have a wee laugh next week when he and Wolves are relegated. I wonder if he will do the same?

hibs4thecup1988
30-04-2013, 09:18 AM
I dont hate him, but i will have a wee laugh next week when he and Wolves are relegated. I wonder if he will do the same?

He will probably post a tweet saying "End of contract who cares if Wolves go down...Hope Hibs win the cup" :greengrin

Sproule Three
30-04-2013, 10:01 AM
"But he isnt fit to lace Benny Brazil's boots. Thats what I think of Matt Doherty."

Bovril , I thought for the rest of my life I would never ever witness any Hibs player being compared unfavourably to Benny.
Matt Doherty has achieved the virtually impossible :tee hee:

joebakerforever
30-04-2013, 02:51 PM

All the final Championship matches kick of at 12.45 on Saturday, with the Wolves visiting Brighton, so you will not have to wait until Sunday.