PDA

View Full Version : Purple Away Top

...WentToMowAnSPL
28-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Wore a bukta replica at the semi final and got a lot of positive remarks from those of us of a certain age who remember that top ... Surely worth reinstating ???? GGTTH

Onceinawhile
28-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Definitely. The purple strip from last season (I think) was beautiful.

zlatan
28-04-2013, 08:25 PM
I've just invested in the green and purple striped away top from the 90's to wear at the final. First Hibs kit I've bought since the original black one in 2005 but would invest in any new purple top in a flash.

Last years one had sold out by the time I could afford it :(

Mr White
28-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Not for me, best left in the past with memories of being beaten by Ayr at hampden looking like ribena berries. I did have the 92-93 replica though, think it might still be in the loft actually.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Wore a bukta replica at the semi final and got a lot of positive remarks from those of us of a certain age who remember that top ... Surely worth reinstating ???? GGTTH

I liked the purple LCS Carlsberg top.

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2013, 08:53 PM
the bukta purple top was braw, as was the calor green/purple striped one :agree:

neilmartinrocks
28-04-2013, 08:57 PM
the bukta purple top was braw, as was the calor green/purple striped one :agree:

My fave subbuteo team are in this strip.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2013, 08:58 PM

I wore the bukta purple number as well. Was a bittight though.

Planning on the skol cup shirt, actual not the anniversary one, for the final.

About time we had a decent purple top again. Oozes class.

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2013, 09:02 PM

ooooh there's a blast from the past :) 37 years ago in the past to be precise :greengrin i even had the floodlights :faf:

...WentToMowAnSPL
28-04-2013, 09:38 PM

Which strip for the vertically challenged Hibs ? The pure purple or the calor gas one ?

tamig
28-04-2013, 09:45 PM
ooooh there's a blast from the past :) 37 years ago in the past to be precise :greengrin i even had the floodlights :faf:

Still play it bud.

Northernhibee
28-04-2013, 09:50 PM

Got one of those recently for £20. Bargain.

Jonnyboy
28-04-2013, 10:06 PM

So did I but to get the best effect you had to put the room light off and so every time somebody had an Eskillsson moment the ball disappeared into the darkness :greengrin

neilmartinrocks
28-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Which strip for the vertically challenged Hibs ? The pure purple or the calor gas one ?

the calor gas one and the purple bukta and the yellow white and mackay away one. I have 11 hibs teams all different santiago self paints.
:flag:and a stand full of Hibees.

Winston Ingram
29-04-2013, 08:14 AM

That was the cheapest looking kit i think we ever had. It collapsed after a couple of washes. No surprise Bukta went belly up at the end of that year:agree:

Keith_M
29-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Purple Hibs strips and Subbuteo....

....childhood memories from the late seventies :greengrin

Here's a REAL test for those of you that claim to be experts in Subbuteo. What was the code number for the Hibs team?

neilmartinrocks
29-04-2013, 08:32 AM

Keith_M
29-04-2013, 10:13 AM

Show off :greengrin

sambajustice
29-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Too many Subbuteo geeks on here!!

heretoday
29-04-2013, 11:12 AM
I remember the first wave of purple in the early 70s. I don't think I ever saw Hibs win wearing it.

Tom Hart decreed purple to be the "trendy colour" that year so it had to be. What he lacked in fashion sense he made up for in business acumen!

neilmartinrocks
29-04-2013, 11:29 AM
I like to tell my mate its in recognition of sir toms papal knighthood.

PerfectlyFranck
29-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Definitely. The purple strip from last season (I think) was beautiful.

:sick:

DaveSo
29-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Purple Hibs strips and Subbuteo....

....childhood memories from the late seventies :greengrin

Here's a REAL test for those of you that claim to be experts in Subbuteo. What was the code number for the Hibs team?

I still pick that number if playing the lottery or something where numbers are asked.
Would be great to see the Subbureo poster that you could get all the kit numbers shown. Last one I seen had over a 100 wee players with the kit numbers beside them. That wasn't yesterday though !

norhfc
29-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Probably been posted but where can I get a 1902 top ? meant to get one last year,
they are pretty cool :agree:

Haymaker
29-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Yes! Bring it back!

EdinMike
29-04-2013, 12:52 PM
I still pick that number if playing the lottery or something where numbers are asked.
Would be great to see the Subbureo poster that you could get all the kit numbers shown. Last one I seen had over a 100 wee players with the kit numbers beside them. That wasn't yesterday though !

Ask and ya shall receive, I actually looked this up for an older cousin a few years ago.

http://www.peter-upton.co.uk/subhw1.htm

And yup 45 !

Pretty Boy
29-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Probably been posted but where can I get a 1902 top ? meant to get one last year,
they are pretty cool :agree:

Google retro football strips.

There is about 2 or 3 websites that sell them.

neilmartinrocks
29-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Ask and ya shall receive, I actually looked this up for an older cousin a few years ago.

http://www.peter-upton.co.uk/subhw1.htm

And yup 45 !

or 274 in lightweight repro's for the continental market.

9712even get club badged bases now.
subbuteo is alive and well in Italy especially.

try littleplasticmen.com

Frazerbob
29-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Just took delivery of my new George Best Signature 1980 top for the final and it's the dug's baws......complete with authentic itchy material. Think a vest will be the order of the day to avoid bloody nipples!

neilmartinrocks
29-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Just took delivery of my new George Best Signature 1980 top for the final and it's the dug's baws......complete with authentic itchy material. Think a vest will be the order of the day to avoid bloody nipples!

is that the ones in the clubstore window the now?

zosohibee
29-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Purple, Green and White is a great colour combo IMO, Yellow is frought with disaster (hope we dont have to wear this for the final, but would see them play in ****ing maroon if they would just win the ******) Black is hard to get wrong, they need to get some sac about them and get a three tone shirt as discussed out for next year. Would also like to see them stick with darker green you cant really go too dark but as last years acid green rag proved you can indeed go too light.

Frazerbob
29-04-2013, 06:49 PM
is that the ones in the clubstore window the now?

Haven't seen the ones at the club store. I got it from Toffs. £40 plain or £50 with Best's signature on the front and number 11 on the back. It doesn't show it in the picture but it also has the old "crown and ball" badge on the left breast.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Dont get the love in some folk have for the Green & Purple striped top ......... it sucked ... and I had one :greengrin

The deep Purple top we had a few years back was beautiful and as good an away top as Hibs have ever had. Hate those wishy washy Mauve strips we have had a couple of times too.

But for me Purple will always be Hibs true away colour.

Hummmmph !

Green Reaper
29-04-2013, 07:09 PM
I've just invested in the green and purple striped away top from the 90's to wear at the final. First Hibs kit I've bought since the original black one in 2005 but would invest in any new purple top in a flash.

Last years one had sold out by the time I could afford it :(

wore the purple and green stripe one to the semi, obviously have to wear it to the final now!

Billy Whizz
29-04-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm sure one of my daughters has a purple away strip from around 10/12 years ago or so. Did we wear it against Ayr when we lost the CIS semi under Sauzee?

Malthibby
29-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Meybes too many years of pain, but I seem to remember Partick humping us 6 - 1 one mid-week at ER with Tony Higgins et al in resplendent purple.

Hibernia Na Eir
29-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Haven't seen the ones at the club store. I got it from Toffs. £40 plain or £50 with Best's signature on the front and number 11 on the back. It doesn't show it in the picture but it also has the old "crown and ball" badge on the left breast.

any chance you could put a pic on of shirt AND badge?

Barman Stanton
29-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Dont get the love in some folk have for the Green & Purple striped top ......... it sucked ... and I had one :greengrin

The deep Purple top we had a few years back was beautiful and as good an away top as Hibs have ever had. Hate those wishy washy Mauve strips we have had a couple of times too.

But for me Purple will always be Hibs true away colour.

Hummmmph !

Agreed, I had this as well but it was an awful strip. I like the first purple one we had in the 90s though.

My fav away top is the white 85 insave one.