PDA

View Full Version : Concede a goal...I'm off ski craze!!!

Moon unit
28-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Noticed when the 3rd went in loads of folk immediately stood up and bolted!..watched MOTD, noticed fans walking out after their teams conceded. This petulant craze seems to be on the increase everywhere?...it seems to me that a lot of fans are turning into spoilt brats who have been brought up on a want now diet!, not able to cope when things go t*ts up!
Please grow a spine and support the team and rid this craze from ER!..

lord bunberry
28-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Noticed when the 3rd went in loads of folk immediately stood up and bolted!..watched MOTD, noticed fans walking out after their teams conceded. This petulant craze seems to be on the increase everywhere?...it seems to me that a lot of fans are turning into spoilt brats who have been brought up on a want now diet!, not able to cope when things go t*ts up!

Why don't you mind your own business, I left after st mirren scored the 3rd and tbh I wish I had left earlier. I have paid my money, the game was meaningless so I decided to leave and miss the queues at the bar.

neilmartinrocks
28-04-2013, 05:33 PM

Never done it myself (too tight) but I'd rather some did rather than be subjected tae some of the utter pish I heard on saturday.

Moon unit
28-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Why don't you mind your own business, I left after st mirren scored the 3rd and tbh I wish I had left earlier. I have paid my money, the game was meaningless so I decided to leave and miss the queues at the bar.
Meaningless....Mmmm?

Broken Gnome
28-04-2013, 05:34 PM

During a second half when Hibs always looked like scoring, not a given of late, had a good chance of a home league win no one has seen in four months, and there were five goals?

Hiber-nation
28-04-2013, 05:36 PM

Spot on apart from the 2012 Cup Final!

lord bunberry
28-04-2013, 05:37 PM
During a second half when Hibs always looked like scoring, not a given of late, had a good chance of a home league win no one has seen in four months, and there were five goals?

I just couldn't get myself motivated for it, I spent most of the game talking to my mates or checking the scores from other games

#FromTheCapital
28-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Opposite for me, I really don't get some people's fascination with staying till the bitter end when we've been so poor. There's a pal who I sometimes go with who will refuse to leave before full time no matter what's happening on the pitch. I'm sure he feels like an uber fan for doing so but I just find it annoying. Perfect example of this is the Motherwell game at ER at the tail end of last year when we were 2-0 up and ended up getting beat 3-2. As soon as we scored the 2nd Motherwell came out and battered us for the rest of the game. When they scored the winner I went to leave with about 50% of the support but he stopped me because he wanted to stay. No idea what he was expecting to happen because we'd been absolutely dire and it's not like the team deserved to be cheered off the park.

Devilstorment
28-04-2013, 05:54 PM
A few points on this one.

Some folk head to go for a piss or a pie. To hit straight back after a goal isnt the norm so best to nip then (especially if HT looms)
Some folk have quite a travel so leaving when it looks unlikely that we will salvage anything is sensible from their point of view
Either way the club still gets ticket money, so if they fill the seat for 45 minutes or 90 doesnt matter too much

I rarely leave early, only time i do is during mid week games and thats win lose or draw because I have a train to catch and getting home at 11pm doesnt appeal to me when i have work the next day!

Pretty Boy
28-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Folk have left games early for years, it's hardly some new and disturbing craze.

Moon unit
28-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Folk have left games early for years, it's hardly some new and disturbing craze.
I fully agree, but it seems to be happening more as soon as we concede, just think the team appreciate our backing to help them get back in the game.

Thecat23
28-04-2013, 06:13 PM
I've watched Hibs since roughly 85. I've left god knows how many games early if we have been losing by 2 or 3. Only the semi have they came back from 3-0 that I can mind. Every other time they got beat. So I missed nothing staying and beat the traffic. I stayed on sat because only 1 goal was in it.

basehibby
28-04-2013, 06:30 PM

:agree: I agree it gives the impression of a lack of moral fibre - like a bunch of spoilt brats who go off in the huff if they're not getting their own way. Of course people are entitled to do what they want but the rest of us are entitled to our own opinions about their actions.

lord bunberry
28-04-2013, 06:49 PM
:agree: I agree it gives the impression of a lack of moral fibre - like a bunch of spoilt brats who go off in the huff if they're not getting their own way. Of course people are entitled to do what they want but the rest of us are entitled to our own opinions about their actions.

A lack of moral fibre! I've heard it all now

Iggy Pope
28-04-2013, 07:01 PM

There's some of that petulance the OP mentioned.

neilmartinrocks
28-04-2013, 07:05 PM
shuild maybe set aside a section for the early leavers and gie them a discount.:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2013, 07:10 PM

Don't let it worry you, I've lost count of the amount of times I've laughed at the folk who have left early and missed a goal, seems crazy to me that you pay to see a game and then leave and miss the most important part of a football match............a goal! Had another wee chuckle to myself on Saturday when what I call the sulkers left.

Sir David Gray
28-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Unless we're being hammered with about 10-15 minutes to go, I can't understand anyone leaving early.

The people leaving after half an hour in the semi beggared belief, even although it did look ominous for us at that stage.

I left with 15 minutes left of the final last year, whenever they scored their last goal. I was disgusted, angry and upset and I couldn't watch any more. I had had enough and there was no chance of a comeback. If anything, it was going to get worse.

If people want to leave then that's their prerogative. I just don't get it myself.

James.
28-04-2013, 07:13 PM
If people have paid their money then they should be entitled to do whatever they want. If they want to leave early then that's their choice, just be glad they've made the effort to go in the first place and put some money into the club.

stewpot
28-04-2013, 07:16 PM

Would you rather we stayed at home and not supported the team at all

i left when we lost the third because of where I was parked and the team bottled it again they were ***** again so I left

cant argue with that

basehibby
28-04-2013, 07:38 PM
A lack of moral fibre! I've heard it all now

Like it or not that is the impression people give when they spit the dummy and flounce off because their team is not winning a football match.

Of course, people may be doing it as a conscious form of protest or because they have to catch their last bus or whatever, but they should be under no illusions that they look like anything other than a bunch of big bairns chucking their toys out the pram.

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Like it or not that is the impression people give when they spit the dummy and flounce off because their team is not winning a football match.

Of course, people may be doing it as a conscious form of protest or because they have to catch their last bus or whatever, but they should be under no illusions that they look like anything other than a bunch of big bairns chucking their toys out the pram.

:agree: Those that got up and left as soon as the third St Mirren goal hit the net certainly looked like that was the case.

...WentToMowAnSPL
28-04-2013, 07:47 PM
I did like the post that suggested Hibs could sell tickets that were eligible for first 30 mins to be replaced by uber fans for the remaining 60 ! FWIW was down to hampden with 4 non Hibs supporting mates for semi final who were wishing for a fourth as that would signal departure to pub .... Get it right up ye ! :-) GGTTH

lord bunberry
28-04-2013, 07:48 PM

That's cause I am like a big bairn chucking my toys out of the pram, my point is it's my business when and why I leave and I don't feel other people should be passing judgment and making assumptions about me based on the time I leave. Why don't you just watch the game and enjoy that warm glow of satisfaction when your proved right

Beefster
I don't understand this craze at the football for folk to be giving a **** about what other folk are doing. Part of the 'everyone should do what I think they should' attitude that permeates society these days.

SaulGoodman
I just couldn't get myself motivated for it, I spent most of the game talking to my mates or checking the scores from other games

Well maybe footballs not your sport?

...WentToMowAnSPL
28-04-2013, 07:50 PM
I don't understand this craze at the football for folk to be giving a **** about what other folk are doing. Part of the 'everyone should do what I think they should' attitude that permeates society these days.

I agree with Beefster and think everyone else should

cleanyman
28-04-2013, 07:51 PM
I have never left a game early.

True fans don't leave games early.

:greengrin

lord bunberry
28-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Well maybe footballs not your sport?

Maybe

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2013, 07:55 PM
What other games?

lord bunberry
28-04-2013, 07:57 PM
What other games?

I had a coupon on and was checking how it was getting on

Speedy
28-04-2013, 08:00 PM
A few points on this one.

Some folk head to go for a piss or a pie. To hit straight back after a goal isnt the norm so best to nip then (especially if HT looms)
Some folk have quite a travel so leaving when it looks unlikely that we will salvage anything is sensible from their point of view
Either way the club still gets ticket money, so if they fill the seat for 45 minutes or 90 doesnt matter too much

I rarely leave early, only time i do is during mid week games and thats win lose or draw because I have a train to catch and getting home at 11pm doesnt appeal to me when i have work the next day!

Some good points. It's not great to see but I'd much prefer people left than stayed and shouted abuse at the team.

I've only left once and that was against St Johnstone when we lost 3-1, I left just after Sparky scored. I could barely feel my legs and had work in the morning so wasn't in the mood for hanging around. Somehow managed to sit through the final and semi final of cup though.

cleanyman
28-04-2013, 08:00 PM
I had a coupon on and was checking how it was getting on

Part-timer

lord bunberry
28-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Part-timer

Rubbish, gambling is a full time job

cleanyman
28-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Rubbish, gambling is a full time job

Hibs blew my coupon.

lord bunberry
28-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Hibs blew my coupon.

That's why I left

JimBHibees
28-04-2013, 08:05 PM

i left when we lost the third because of where I was parked and the team bottled it again they were ***** again so I left

cant argue with that

Except they didnt of course.

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2013, 08:06 PM

i find it funny they start threads on internet message boards...instead of standing at the exits and ask the leavers why they are leaving(they could even stand there with their wee keyboards and report back to the internet forums immdediately) :dunno: or do they already know what the responses would be

Diclonius
28-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Never felt the need to leave early unless it's injury time, though even then I have very rarely done that. I have only ever left one Hibs game early and I think we can all guess what it was.

Irish_Steve
28-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Sometimes I leave so early that game hasn`t started

jdships
28-04-2013, 08:40 PM

That goes for more than football IMO
:top marks

Mikey
28-04-2013, 08:41 PM

cant argue with that

It's really easy to argue with that. The team didn't bottle it, they went down 3-2 and fought back to 3-3.

And could have got a winner.

They didn't bottle it, you did.

stewpot
28-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Except they didnt of course.

they didn't what

stewpot
28-04-2013, 08:46 PM
It's really easy to argue with that. The team didn't bottle it, they went down 3-2 and fought back to 3-3.

And could have got a winner.

They didn't bottle it, you did.

Yes they bottled it

But that's my opinion

stmidden were crap and we bottled it

anyway what's it got to do with you

stewpot
28-04-2013, 08:47 PM
It's all about opinion and that's mine that the team bottled it

is that ok if I have my own opinion or does everyone have to agree with you

Jonnyboy
28-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Yes they bottled it

But that's my opinion

stmidden were crap and we bottled it

anyway what's it got to do with you

So, displaying the bottle to get back to 3-3 and very near score a winner is not important to you?

Opinions are like ar5eholes

lEXO
28-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Grow a backbone? Lacking moral fibre! What a load of garbage. At least they are going to the games, unlike a lot of the whingers who dont go but want cup final tickets etc. When did this staying to the end nonsense become a big thing? I couldnae give a donald duck who stays or leaves, their choice. There arent half some petty folk in our support.

flash
28-04-2013, 08:52 PM

Did you not piss of early at the semi too?

If we go behind in the final you better bugger aff.

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2013, 08:53 PM

Opinions are not based on fact or knowledge so you're okay :aok:

Beefster
28-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Opinions are like ar5eholes

So are Hearts fans.

lord bunberry
28-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Did you not piss of early at the semi too?

If we go behind in the final you better bugger aff.

I'm staying to the end of the final so I can join in with the people moaning about early leavers

stewpot
28-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Opinions are not based on fact or knowledge so you're okay :aok:

If opinions were based on fact..... Then it would be true that we are the worst team in the spl over the last 12 games and that's a fact

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2013, 09:06 PM
If opinions were based on fact..... Then it would be true that we are the worst team in the spl over the last 12 games and that's a fact

But we haven't been relegated, are in the cup final and guaranteed a spot in Europe, surely they are facts worth celebrating?

Moon unit
28-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Don't let it worry you, I've lost count of the amount of times I've laughed at the folk who have left early and missed a goal, seems crazy to me that you pay to see a game and then leave and miss the most important part of a football match............a goal! Had another wee chuckle to myself on Saturday when what I call the sulkers left.

As I mentioned in my post...not just an ER thing or anything new, Just watch MOTD for close up's of serial Dummy spitting when the ball hits the net and a "look at me I'm outta here baby" ! It's catching....It's up to everyone if they wish to leave, but on sat' there where loads of guys throwing a hissy and a check me out.. Just go if you need to!

( and this has nowt' to do with Uber fan pish)!

stewpot
28-04-2013, 09:17 PM
But we haven't been relegated, are in the cup final and guaranteed a spot in Europe, surely they are facts worth celebrating?

Am not disagreeing with you am delighted we are in the final

but we have been pash for months...... If you don't agree with that then I give up

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2013, 09:23 PM

but we have been pash for months...... If you don't agree with that then I give up

Finally you give up :bye:

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2013, 09:23 PM

Dont listen to the Smiths it might just tip you over...

Speedway
29-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Maybe RP could make some greenbacks here.

Sell a reduced ST that allows you to sit at the back of any stand, so long as you leave with no less than 20 minutes to play. That could get numbers up.

Having said that, there were some fans who left early during the Miller years who have yet to return.

It comes down to a distinction between fans and supporters. 'Fans' is an abbreviation of fanatic, as in extreme behaviours, overly buoyant, overly critical, encouraging today, dissenting later today. Almost Bi-Polar as it were.

A supporter is exactly that. Someone who can see the deficiencies and shortcomings but chooses to focus on the positive and when they do critique, it's done in a Hibs class way at certain times and places and audiences.

So it's whether someone is a Hibs fan or a Hibs supporter that counts because the two are not one.

Looking at my posts over the 12 years that I've been on here, I'm a fan, not a supporter.

#FromTheCapital
29-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Grow a backbone? Lacking moral fibre! What a load of garbage. At least they are going to the games, unlike a lot of the whingers who dont go but want cup final tickets etc. When did this staying to the end nonsense become a big thing? I couldnae give a donald duck who stays or leaves, their choice. There arent half some petty folk in our support.

This 100%

NOLA
29-04-2013, 09:01 AM
I leave early once I've lost my voice shouting abuse at the team.

29-04-2013, 09:20 AM
I can see why folk left after the 4th and 5th goal in last years final but I don't understand folk leaving when st mirren went 3-2 up on saturday :confused:

Hibby Gav
29-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Anyone can leave when they want...just don't block my view :aok:

Hermit Crab
29-04-2013, 10:00 AM
I can see why folk left after the 4th and 5th goal in last years final but I don't understand folk leaving when st mirren went 3-2 up on saturday :confused:

Because they wanted to? They'd maybe had/seen enough. Their choice so what's the problem.

Falkirk Hibby
29-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Everyone has different instant reactions to adverse situations on the pitch. Some will stare blankly into space, some will bury their head into their hands. Some will laugh at the absurdity of what they are witnessing, some will cry. Some will try to encourage the team and some will get up and head for the exits. Depending on the severity of the situation, it will sway more people into one of these reactions than the other.

It has always been, and will always be thus!

The only thing that has changed in recent times, is for people instead of talking about this to their wife, mum or mates after the game about it, now share their thoughts on public forums!

Hibercelona
29-04-2013, 10:18 AM
The reason its happening more, is because people are generally expecting us to lose more right now.

When was the last time we looked convincing for a win? You can hardly blame those who walk out early.

The_Horde
29-04-2013, 10:45 AM
I left at 3-2 because although the game had a few goals it was probably the most boring high scoring match I've ever seen. I don't even regret missing the equaliser.

SaulGoodman
29-04-2013, 10:54 AM
I only come to the games to abuse Doyle, so I left when he got subbed.

Hibbyradge
29-04-2013, 10:59 AM

One of my favourite things about going to the football was leaving early. Oh, I loved it.

The noise of the booing echoing round the empty streets used to fair make my pulse race as I scuttled away for a couple of quiet pints on my own in a corner of the deserted main hall of the Hibs club.

If I left early enough, I'd sometimes be lucky enough to see a tow truck lifting a car belonging to someone who must have enjoyed arriving late and just risked parking on Albion Place. What joy.

It felt naughty to be in such splendid isolation, but I felt independent and free. A true guilty pleasure. Well worth the £405 season ticket.

However, since the advent of social media, and this message-board in particular, it's become clear that this practice is seriously frowned upon by elements of the support.

Therefore, I've had no choice but to forsake this indulgence and stay away altogether.

It was hard at first as I missed getting off prematurely every fortnight, but I've come to terms with it now.

There are still dark moments, but I console myself with the thought that I've not really missed out. I've merely left before I've arrived.

The OP will be relieved.

silverhibee
29-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Hibs blew my coupon.

Done my son for £1400. :grr: Petrie.

silverhibee
29-04-2013, 11:13 AM
I like to stay and watch what ever pish is on show.

My beef is trying to get out of the East once the full time whistle has gone, bleeping nightmare, surely they are able to take some seats out(not as if we need them) to make coming down the stairs a bit quicker, i need ma pint and fag pronto.

Dalkeith Hibee
29-04-2013, 11:20 AM
I left after the third went in. No chucking the toys out the pram. Just couldnt be arsed watching the inept defending and preferred to nip for a pint.

Been watching hibs through thick and thin for years but does that make me or others a dick because we couldnt be arsed?

Brightside
29-04-2013, 11:26 AM
If you watch the whole game do you somehow miss out on yer pint and fag? Or this talk about traffic...does the extra 10 mins make a difference to your day? Getting behind the team really does make a difference.

Steve20
29-04-2013, 11:35 AM
If you watch the whole game do you somehow miss out on yer pint and fag? Or this talk about traffic...does the extra 10 mins make a difference to your day? Getting behind the team really does make a difference.

Maybe people would prefer to get their pint and fag earlier? Maybe people got fed up watching us failing to win another football match It's upto each individual when they leave.

I don't think it would make much of a difference to the team. The team fail to win whether people stay or go early anyway.

Aldo
29-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Done my son for £1400. :grr: Petrie.

Mare

Brightside
29-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Maybe people would prefer to get their pint and fag earlier? Maybe people got fed up watching us failing to win another football match It's upto each individual when they leave.

I don't think it would make much of a difference to the team. The team fail to win whether people stay or go early anyway.

:greengrin I reckon we must be the most depressed fans in the league.

silverhibee
29-04-2013, 12:04 PM

I get beaten if the tea is not on the table for bang on 6 o'clock, and i am not allowed to drink or smoke in the house.

#prayforsilverallisnotbarry

:cb

worcesterhibby
29-04-2013, 01:01 PM
some people leave games early. Some people hurl abuse at our players.

Since I tuned 20 I have done neither (at 19 I gave Houchen some stick for being a lazy git at one match)

Do people have a right to do and shout what they like cos they have paid their money ?? I don't know.

What I do know is that if everyone in the ground sang hibs songs, cheered the team on, only shouted encouragement and didn't leave early then ER would be a better place to watch football and Hibs would probably get more results.

If that makes me naive or a happy clappy then fine:pfgwa:flag::scarf:

Jonnyboy
29-04-2013, 09:12 PM
I leave early once I've lost my voice shouting abuse at the team.

So, during the first half then? :greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
29-04-2013, 09:33 PM
I do not understand why fans left on Saturday. Especially after the Falkirk game. If we can come back from 3 down then who knows what can happen.

As for the "most boring high scoring game ever". What a load of mince. :faf: We had chance after chance after chance, and St Mirren had nice play. Did you not see our passing movement for the first goal? If not...check it out again, Caldwell's goal was a great team move, and the Griffiths third was good movement too. As for St Mirrens three goals, persistence was in my mind as well as rubbish defending.

I had to laugh though... guy behind me left after St Mirren's third goal, got a text later from him..."It shouldn't have been a goal anyways he was offside"

Beefster
30-04-2013, 05:56 AM
I do not understand why fans left on Saturday.

It's okay, you don't need to. I'd only be worried if the folk leaving didn't understand why they were leaving.

DH1875
30-04-2013, 10:55 AM
OK so IF we're 2-0 down come half time in the cup who's all leaving? and who's all staying to get behind and support the team?

Beefster
30-04-2013, 11:37 AM
OK so IF we're 2-0 down come half time in the cup who's all leaving? and who's all staying to get behind and support the team?

I'm staying but only because I won't have finished my picnic by half-time.

Gatecrasher
30-04-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm staying but only because I won't have finished my picnic by half-time.
make sure you bring enough for all your aunties :greengrin

lord bunberry
30-04-2013, 11:44 AM

It depends on what the mrs wants to do but given that she doesn't really like football I will probably leave

Brightside
30-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Even if its 5 I will be staying. COZ IM AN UBER FAN! :greengrin

superfurryhibby
01-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Unless we're being hammered with about 10-15 minutes to go, I can't understand anyone leaving early.

The people leaving after half an hour in the semi beggared belief, even although it did look ominous for us at that stage.

I left with 15 minutes left of the final last year, whenever they scored their last goal. I was disgusted, angry and upset and I couldn't watch any more. I had had enough and there was no chance of a comeback. If anything, it was going to get worse.

If people want to leave then that's their prerogative. I just don't get it myself.

This, in a nutshell.

My own thoughts are that the numbers leaving after the third are exaggerated, Aye, plenty got up and took a strool, but I suspect that many went for a jews wish, pie or just a moment to clear their minds over what was unfolding.

The only game I've left early was that one and nae wonder. Hopefully I'll manage the full shift on the 26th though:wink: