PDA

View Full Version : Four weeks to go - are we going to win the SC?

theonlywayisup
28-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Four weeks today, we will all be on our way. But will it be to misery or to happiness.

What does your 'head' say?

Matt92
28-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Hibs to lose 2-1.

Team will go 1-0 up via a Griffiths freekick near the start of the game. Teams go in at half time with Hibs playing well and in front.

Celtic to get an equaliser via Hooper around 70 minutes, despite heroic defending from James McPake and some Ben Williams wondersaves...then on 85 minutes Celtic will counter Samaras will score a tap-in, to cause us heartache yet again but with a good performance.

joe breezy
28-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Hoping but definitely not expecting

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Can't see why not, the smellies are missing a few players and we know how bad their defence is, wee sparky should have a field day here with the new golden era boys not bothering who they are playing.

2-0 Hibs

Sparky and Handling to score.

Sir David Gray
28-04-2013, 12:17 PM
We've got a better chance than 40 other clubs in Scotland, put it that way.

It's a one off game, no expectations will be on us, all the pressure on Celtic so I don't see why not.

hibsbollah
28-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Dont be so daft.

No.

Andy74
28-04-2013, 12:22 PM
We've got a better chance than 40 other clubs in Scotland, put it that way.

It's a one off game, no expectations will be on us, all the pressure on Celtic so I don't see why not.

What's happened in the last 24 hours?

DH1875
28-04-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm just going for the beer and the sing song. Anything else will be a bonus.

Makaveli
28-04-2013, 12:35 PM
1-0 Hibs, cert.

Sir David Gray
28-04-2013, 12:38 PM
What's happened in the last 24 hours?

:confused: Not quite sure what you're getting at.

West hamBERNIAN
28-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm just going for the beer and the sing song. Anything else will be a bonus.

This was my thoughts last year yet one hour before kick off I was sure we were going to do it. Couple of deflected goals and a terrible referee quickly changed that. We can't be that unlucky again. Maybe it's about time we got a couple of lucky goals and a referee on our side. Fingers crossed :flag:

jon paul jones
28-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Its a great excuse to get some fancy dress on and make a arse of myself in front of 51,999 people. :greengrin

Signed

Craig Thomson
May 2012

Devilstorment
28-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Cant see us doing it, but maybe, just maybe...

Everyone should put £50 quid on Celtic to win and then if they do, send all our winnings to Hibs for our transfer budget for next season. If Hibs do win, id happily be 50 notes down!!!

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2013, 12:59 PM
If history is going to be made then what's gone before is irrelevant. Expect the unexpected so maybe in this respect the wobbly in the semi can help us to hang in together and see it through. [contradiction #1]
Doesnt matter what head or heart says I'm there to support my team whatever is thrown at us - God knows weve persevered. [contradiction #2]
Bring it on!

JMac
28-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Afraid not. Can't see anyway that we could win this game. I'm mainly going for a few beers and a good day out. Anything more is a HUGE bonus. Expecting us to get turned over but would love to be proved wrong.

Phil D. Rolls
28-04-2013, 01:11 PM
The only way we can win it, is by scoring a winner in the last minute. Any other scenario, and nerves will kill the team.

Andy74
28-04-2013, 01:39 PM
:confused: Not quite sure what you're getting at.

Your comment straight after the game yesterday that it'll be a good day out but that's all.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Your comment straight after the game yesterday that it'll be a good day out but that's all.

Stop digging Andy, i think you have the wrong Falkirkhibs. :greengrin

ruthven_raiders
28-04-2013, 01:44 PM
The only way we can win it, is by scoring a winner in the last minute. Any other scenario, and nerves will kill the team.

What's the worst that can happen lol I'm just going to enjoy the day with my kids and hope for the best, the most obvious for Hibs to win will be a 1-0 win with a late Leigh Griffiths strike;o)

Hainan Hibs
28-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Afraid we could be facing a repeat of last years scoreline.

Waxy
28-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Of course we will win it.
Nothing to lose,everything to gain.

LeighLoyal
28-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Will that scruffy wee tyke Paddy Fenlon find a suit of the non tracky variety for the occasion is surely the only question.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Afraid we could be facing a repeat of last years scoreline.

Eh?...aye right...:rolleyes:

NOLA
28-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Celtic to win it, hope we at least put on a show.

lyonhibs
28-04-2013, 02:16 PM
It will, surely, be a vastly improved performance from last year. That's my main demand of the Hibs team.

Passion, commitment and desire from the 1st to last minute, from the whole team.

Celtic will be missing their 2 best central midfielders, and Samaras had an absolute nightmare at ER at Christmas.

If we lose but give it our all, it'll be scunner. If its even half a repeat of last year, the Fenlon's head will be on the chopping block.

Heart - Hibs to win by 1
Head - Celtic by 2 goals, with Hibs being our own worst enemies in the last 15 minutes. Again.

Sir David Gray
28-04-2013, 02:16 PM

I've never said any such thing.

I think we have a chance in the final and I can't wait for the 26th May.

At The Edge
28-04-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm more confident of getting a result this year than I was last year, even though my heart said we'd turn Hearts over I had this sinking feeling on the day right from when I got up that it wasn't to be. This year however I think we can do it, not sure why just a feeling that its going to be ours. I am also prepared for another gubbing as well! :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Predictions for a hibs win always backfire.

TomoHFC
28-04-2013, 02:34 PM
We need to show up this time unlike last year. no subs in the first half and play 442 instead of 451

Pretty Boy
28-04-2013, 02:45 PM
If we attack like we did yesterday then we will score.

We need to defend a whole lot better though. McPake has been singled out for criticism, including by me, but every defender really needs to raise their game.

It's a one off game, Celtic aren't that great and are missing a couple of key players so you never know. I'm sick saying it but I just want us to still have a chance with 15 or so minutes to go. The support might just drag us over the line if we can stay in the game.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2013, 02:46 PM

There's a hibby and a hibee from Falkirk!

Mikey
28-04-2013, 02:47 PM
We CAN win it.

Chances....... 30-70. The players need to be switched on this time.

PeeJay
28-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Voted yes, because I want us to finally do it. Anything can happen on this particular day - it's only 11 against 11, Celtic aren't a "great" side - they are beatable, we have Griffiths - he can make it all happen on his own, maybe this is going to be our year? I hope so for all the Hibs fans who deserve this trophy...

heretoday
28-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I thought we'd lose last year and I had to go and hide in a Perthshire forest till it was all over. The reality was worse than feared.

This year I'm more upbeat about our chances. Could be because even if the Jungle Jims win 7-0 it won't matter overmuch.

I think we should throw everything into attack. Is Kuqi still with us? He could be the man!

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2013, 03:35 PM
I tried to be positive in the build up to last years Final, that didnae work out too well for me/us, so, this year its a no from me! ;-)

The Harp
28-04-2013, 03:50 PM
After last year with all the talk of omens etc I'm just regarding being in another Final 12 months on as a great achievement, no matter the result on the day.
Having said that I'll probably still be inconsolable if we lose.

kaimendhibs
28-04-2013, 03:56 PM
I am going to be positive, no one deserves it more than our fans. It's a one off game, we can do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2013, 04:04 PM
I voted no coz this is a head over heart poll.

I have seen nowt from Hibs this year to make me think we can do it. If we are good at the back we dont score, if we are good up front we ship a hatfull of goals. To win, both things have to come together at the same time I.E. good at the back and good up front.

At times yesterday we fell to bits at the back and if that continues I fear PF will go for the 4 5 1 formation and TBH I dont think inviting celtic on to us will be a good idea.

Having said that 4 4 2 would I presume mean Griffiths & Doyle up front and if Doyle's performance was anything to go by yesterday he must have thought Fenlon had said "get out there and play yourself out of the cup final team"

It is the case that celtic will be without a couple of their best players, but the truth is that whoever replaces them would still walk into our team.

To be positive I thought the youngsters looked good yesterday and will all be in the final line up if some of the seasoned pros dont up their game. Special mention for Tom Taiwo yesterday who looked like he was determined that Fenlon would have a job overlooking him for the final.

To sum up ...... I havnt got a clue ... lets hope PF does.

Andy74
28-04-2013, 04:07 PM

Oops! Apologies then! Lets have a ban on similar names!

DH1875
28-04-2013, 04:13 PM
This was my thoughts last year yet one hour before kick off I was sure we were going to do it. Couple of deflected goals and a terrible referee quickly changed that. We can't be that unlucky again. Maybe it's about time we got a couple of lucky goals and a referee on our side. Fingers crossed :flag:

Learned my lesson though. Last year I was more than confident it was our year. After the semi against them I couldn't see how we would possibly let them take the P at Hampden again. Unfortunately we all know how that turned out :fuming:. So this time around I'm going into it expecting nothing. So long as we're not out off it by half time, I'll be happy :aok:.

hibsbollah
28-04-2013, 04:16 PM
To be fair to andy, confusing the Falkirk twins is an easy mistake to make. Any chance of renaming yourselves?:cb

Glory Lurker
28-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Head can't say anything other than "no", sadly. No doubt, though, that come the day my heart will have me believing the unbelievable, and I'll be there like some demented moth going to have another shot at smashing its nut in against the scorching hot light bulb.

Onceinawhile
28-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Can't decide. On paper we have played 3 won one, drawn one and lost one vs Celtic. They are without their two best midfielders, have switched off for this season and have a habit of choking at hampden. We on the other hand are Hibs so god only knows.

lord bunberry
28-04-2013, 05:04 PM
If we don't win by at least 3 goals I will walk out in disgust and have no interest in the ensuing celebrations

Treadstone
28-04-2013, 05:08 PM
I have voted no however I would have voted differently if there was a choice labeled 'punchers chance'.

neilmartinrocks
28-04-2013, 05:24 PM
We can win this .......over to you Doc.
2-1 the cabbage sparky double. Lennon explodes in the 70th minute.
RESULT

Keith_M
28-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Could I please order the same drugs as the 54% that voted yes.

BOY must they be powerful :wink:

ekhibee
28-04-2013, 05:30 PM
If McPake's current form is anything to go by, we'll get well and truly pumped. Hanlon is only marginally better at the moment too. I don't expect to get anything from the cup final, but would be ecstatic to be proved wrong obviously.

Billy Whizz
28-04-2013, 05:40 PM
In my view, its a winnable game, but only if we play to our maximum and Fenlon gets his tactics right

marinello59
28-04-2013, 06:11 PM
We will win. Stuff hoodoos, stuff tempting fate, stuff not building myself up for a fall. Celtic are not that good and very beatable in a one off game. Prepare to party like you have never done before.

Saorsa
28-04-2013, 06:15 PM
We're absolutely rubbish and shouldnae even bother turning up. :agree:

bingo70
28-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I think most fans of teams playing one of the old firm in a final think they'll get beat but it doesn't always work like that, I bet most Dundee utd fans thought they'd probably get beat the day Brewster knocked in their winner, I bet most hearts fans thought they'd probably get beat of rangers in 98 (sorry for mentioning it) and I bet most killie fans thought they'd probably get beat in last year's league cup final, I'm sure there are other examples but they're the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

In short, I think we'll probably get beat but we've got a chance and I'll enjoy the day finding out.

hibsbollah
28-04-2013, 06:29 PM
In my view, its a winnable game, but only if we play to our maximum and Fenlon gets his tactics right

What are The right tactics? If I was Pat I'd play a defensive 451 with everyone except Leigh pressing all over the pitch, and just hope for a moment of genius from Sparky, and an improved contribution from Cairney and Le Spoon on the wings, to steal a win.

But 'the right' tactics are only right if you manage to win:greengrin

johnrebus
28-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Not a ****ing chance.

Celtic 4, Hibs 0

Sir David Gray
28-04-2013, 06:50 PM

There's a hibby and a hibee from Falkirk!

Oops! Apologies then! Lets have a ban on similar names!

To be fair to andy, confusing the Falkirk twins is an easy mistake to make. Any chance of renaming yourselves?:cb

I've actually been considering a name change for a wee while now as people have mixed me up with FalkirkHibby quite a lot.

I'm taking suggestions from the floor.

Anyone? :dunno:

neilmartinrocks
28-04-2013, 06:53 PM
I've actually been considering a name change for a wee while now as people have mixed me up with FalkirkHibby quite a lot.

bob

sorry bout that mate im watching blackadder episode.

PatHead
28-04-2013, 06:55 PM

"Tennis Hibbee" as the season is about to start or "I saw Hibs win the Cup in 2013 Hibbee"

hibs0666
28-04-2013, 07:18 PM
I have voted no however I would have voted differently if there was a choice labeled 'punchers chance'.

This. If we can get the ball to Griffiths in dangerous areas we have a wee chance.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2013, 07:26 PM

You were here first.

Demand he changes!! There must be a copyright law you can cite.

Sir David Gray
28-04-2013, 07:29 PM
You were here first.

Demand he changes!! There must be a copyright law you can cite.

That's very true.

Hadn't thought of that.

I'm going to seek legal advice.

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-04-2013, 07:36 PM
The encouraging thing for me is that, like ourselves, Celtc are very vulnerable at the back. Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Ross County and St Mirren have all scored 3 goals against them in a match this year.

We need every Hibs player to be on their game for the full 90 minutes, we certainly can cause them problems, but whether we can score more goals than we concede is another matter.

Mr White
28-04-2013, 07:47 PM
That's very true.

Hadn't thought of that.

I'm going to seek legal advice.

What about TheFalkirkHibee? Take a leaf out of rangers book by reinventing yourself. You can disown any previous posts you regret while still taking the credit for the best ones.

leggeto
28-04-2013, 08:01 PM
1 nill penalty from leigh:flag::flag::flag:

NOLA
28-04-2013, 08:48 PM

falkirkhibee#1

Bostonhibby
28-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Voted yes because I am hoping that whoever Fenlon selects will turn up prepared for the occasion mentally and with a real understanding of what it means to the fans - nae Matt Doherty's or the like this time around. If we can keep it tight for the first half then who knows it might feed the confidence that we should have a right go at what has been a very average celtc side domestically.

If anyone asks me what I think, I am sticking to Wiliams to win it for us on penalties :greengrin

cleanyman
28-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Yes.

I think it will be a mazey and we'll win 4-1.

Jones28
28-04-2013, 10:04 PM
**** aye. Lets do this Hibs

Hibercelona
29-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Of course we can win it. It's not a mathematical certainty that we won't.

But we need to show character and bottle. Not just turn up and expect everything to happen on its own.

Glesgahibby
29-04-2013, 01:01 AM
A lot can and will happen from now untill may 26th.
The derby is the headache,if we can come away from that with no casualties then yes:thumbsup:

Swedish hibee
29-04-2013, 01:36 AM
We are gonna win it because Oslohibs is going :not worth

Our lucky charm for the day. Gets to 3/4 games a season and has never been at a losing game for 11 years

:applause:

... And nope they didn't go to last years final :wink:

Pete
29-04-2013, 04:08 AM

I'm sure there are three of you.

Pete
29-04-2013, 04:29 AM
I'm tired of this IF we are going to win nonsense.

I've never been put through the mill like this in my life on a cup run. This will be the first time I have been to every round and it's been bad for the heart.

The first game against Hearts took brave men to face up to them after the cup final. We done the business with a flukey goal after getting more than matched on the park.

The second game was another hard draw which we were fortunate to win. After we scored we were pounded and only great goalkeeping and a lot of luck seen us through.

The third game was an even harder draw and a total roller coaster. It seemed OK looking back but you have to watch the highlights again to appreciate how close it was and how it could have went either way.

The semi was the kindest draw we have had but we still nearly made an erse of it. However, we didn't and I think we exorcised a few ghosts in the second half of that match. Hampden holds no fears for us any more and the lowest points of last year have been equalised. I certainly don't think about 1-5 or 5-1 or clubs who condone the admiration of 15 year old girls when I think of Hampden. That Falkirk match has overtaken everything that went before it.

After everything we have been through, I'll be damned if some moody outfit like Celtic are going to stop us.

Even if they do it will have been some ride...and the crowds will travel to places far and wide to cheer us on next season in the cups. We can't say we haven't had a good bash at it this year.

Lucius Apuleius
29-04-2013, 06:46 AM

Micromanage it. LangleesHibby, TheBraesHibby, BainsfordHibby, MaddistonHibby etc etc ? (Just stay away from DLH though):wink:

Onion
29-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Of all the teams to meet at Hampden in the May sunshine, they don't come any tougher than Celtic:( They invariably turn up with their A game and give most teams a doing. So, I'll enjoy the pre-match and just pray we don't get steamrollered in the first 20.

Poor teams just do not win the Scottish Cup, so it will take an extraordinary Hibs performance to overcome Celtic. They will be massive favourites. But maybe this is our time, our day in the Hampden sun. I just hope the players believe they can win it!

lyonhibs
29-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Of all the teams to meet at Hampden in the May sunshine, they don't come any tougher than Celtic:( They invariably turn up with their A game and give most teams a doing. So, I'll enjoy the pre-match and just pray we don't get steamrollered in the first 20.

Poor teams just do not win the Scottish Cup, so it will take an extraordinary Hibs performance to overcome Celtic. They will be massive favourites. But maybe this is our time, our day in the Hampden sun. I just hope the players believe they can win it!

What? Check out Lennon's record at Hampden before coming out with that genre of statement.

We will need to be at our very best, but this is not O'Neill's Celtic we are up against, and they will be missing Wanyama and Kayal in the centre of midfield. Stop the supply from Kris Commons and Forrest (if he plays), and that's half the battle won. Midfielders helping our their FB is going to be absolutely imperative.

29-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Would love to say I feel confident for this one but after recent performances I just can't say I am at all i'm afraid. If our defence is as shaky and leaks cheap goals like they did last saturday then Celtic will have a field day. I just want us, unlike last year, to show some fight and desire instead of just rolling over. Although it still hurts, I can accept defeat if I know the players gave everything and kept fighting, what I can't accept however is getting beat when the team just seemed to take a back seat.

Its a one off game so who knows maybe, just maybe its our time. Stranger things have happened in cup finals after all.

theonlywayisup
29-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Reading the comments on this forum over the last few days, I thought it was all doom and gloom. Yet, the poll is indicating that the majority think we will win. A bit of a surprise! Maybe the 'heart' over-ruling the 'head'. I would love the Hibs to win the SC, but sadly cannot see it.

JimBHibees
29-04-2013, 12:10 PM
If we attack like we did yesterday then we will score.

We need to defend a whole lot better though. McPake has been singled out for criticism, including by me, but every defender really needs to raise their game.

It's a one off game, Celtic aren't that great and are missing a couple of key players so you never know. I'm sick saying it but I just want us to still have a chance with 15 or so minutes to go. The support might just drag us over the line if we can stay in the game.

Agree with that actually dont think any of the goals could be put down to JM with a combination of McGivern, Claros (not closing the short corner), Hanlon beaten in the air for the second goal, Handling skinned easily for third but got absolutely no cover and Caldwell not appearing to jump at all for third.

Big Frank
29-04-2013, 12:23 PM
We're bringing the old lady home on the 26th.

Albanian Hibs
29-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Yes

Hibercelona
29-04-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm tired of this IF we are going to win nonsense.

I've never been put through the mill like this in my life on a cup run. This will be the first time I have been to every round and it's been bad for the heart.

The first game against Hearts took brave men to face up to them after the cup final. We done the business with a flukey goal after getting more than matched on the park.

The second game was another hard draw which we were fortunate to win. After we scored we were pounded and only great goalkeeping and a lot of luck seen us through.

The third game was an even harder draw and a total roller coaster. It seemed OK looking back but you have to watch the highlights again to appreciate how close it was and how it could have went either way.

The semi was the kindest draw we have had but we still nearly made an erse of it. However, we didn't and I think we exorcised a few ghosts in the second half of that match. Hampden holds no fears for us any more and the lowest points of last year have been equalised. I certainly don't think about 1-5 or 5-1 or clubs who condone the admiration of 15 year old girls when I think of Hampden. That Falkirk match has overtaken everything that went before it.

After everything we have been through, I'll be damned if some moody outfit like Celtic are going to stop us.

Even if they do it will have been some ride...and the crowds will travel to places far and wide to cheer us on next season in the cups. We can't say we haven't had a good bash at it this year.

Great post.

How many replays did Hearts scrape through last season to reach the final?

They scraped a 1-0 win over Auchinleck FFS.

It doesn't matter if we haven't looked great. Winning the cup is all about doing just enough to win it.

#FromTheCapital
29-04-2013, 12:39 PM

Tynecastle?? No thanks :wink:

Milandinho
29-04-2013, 01:24 PM
The sensible conclusion from looking at the league says Smelltic will walk it............But sensible conclusions are no fun, and how funny will it be to see the wee ginger greetin ersefaced mammory glad Lennon blow a blood vessel when we give them a tanking!!

:flag:

theonlywayisup
05-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Three weeks to go to 'misery or happiness'!

What will it be?

Aldo
05-05-2013, 09:04 AM
We've played them 3 times this season

1 Win 1 Draw and 1 Defeat

It's there for the taking if you ask me. Our game against them at ER proved that.

Most important thing is belief and going out giving your all. Yes they are favourites but its a one off game and I think on our game in these one off situation we've done pretty good.

Anything can happen.

One Day Soon
05-05-2013, 09:28 AM

That gives me chills. What an epic thought.

I think we have been pretty much mince in the run up to each cup game this season and still we have then either played a blinder or scrambled a result. If we win it people will look back and say our name was on it that year. I think that may be right.

It is a one off game. Nothing that has happened before, or that comes after, matters. This Celtic side are no supermen. These Hibernian players will become legends forever if they can win it.

****** it, I'm going yes.

theonlywayisup
12-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Two weeks to go.........

Tickets purchased - tick
Bus booked - tick
Pre-match pub booked - tick
Confidence increasing - tick

Bring it on!

Are you feeling more confident?

pontius pilate
12-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Yep felling much more confident in the team in that there is more players In the team who knows what this would mean to the club and are now showing paddy that they want to be a part o it