PDA

View Full Version : LG

Onion
27-04-2013, 07:48 PM
I know everything's been said about LG, but just thought he deserved another thread of appreciation. I though Riordan was a gem of a player, effortless in everything he did but an assassin in front of goal. Griffith is every bit as good a player, with an even better work ethic. I keep expecting LG to have a crap game, lose form, lose interest, start missing easy chances but the lad just delivers week after week. If any player deserved a winners medal on 26/5 it is Leigh.

He's going to beat Stevie Cowan's scoring record and would justify the Legend status if he could bag us the winner on 26th.

Well done Leigh. Great to have you at Hibs :greengrin

Jones28
27-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Agree with this 100%

Even when he scores there are times when you say on another day he would have had 3. More often than not infact :flag:

JimBHibees
27-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Some of the goals he has scored this season have been amazing and he oviously loves being here which is a massive bonus. The boy is a goal machine that is for sure.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-04-2013, 07:57 PM
hes far better than Riordan Imo.......more prolific in front of goal, better work ethic and a far better attitude

hibee_girl
27-04-2013, 07:59 PM
hes far better than Riordan Imo.......more prolific in front of goal, better work ethic and a far better attitude

Absolutely.

Sparky amazes me every week with how much effort he puts in, how much tracking back he does etc and also how strong he is because he looks like he shouldn't be!

Billy Whizz
27-04-2013, 07:59 PM

He's a great player, but I'll measure him against Riordan in another 2/3 years

#FromTheCapital
27-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Leigh Griffiths in this seasons form would walk into any hibs team I've seen in my 27 years. He is definitely one of the best strikers, if not the best striker I've seen play for us. Come on sparky win us the Scottish cup and become an all time club legend

Squealing pig
27-04-2013, 08:04 PM
He is god at Easter road let's hope we make enough from cup final to keep him for another year/6 months, might have tears in the eyes when he leaves lol.

GreenCastle
27-04-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm sure it's already been posted but how many is that this season now?

I've said it before but he is doing amazing in a pretty average team - imagine him getting the service every game - wow! :greengrin

Where does he rank in the all time Hibs top strikers list ?

neil7908
27-04-2013, 08:11 PM
I'll hold my hands up and say I wasn't that bothered about him staying at ER this time last year. Cant believe how wrong I was!

A truly magnificent player who is incredibly talented, works his socks off every game, scores goals for fun, is loved by the fans, seems to have genuine affection for the club, is rarely injured and never induldges in diving/theatrics when he (regularly) gets a kick.

I would give my left arm to see him sign a 3 year deal with us. Just imagine how much better he would be with someone like Daly to play alongside him and if we had a decent creative presence in the centre of midfield?

Westie1875
27-04-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm sure it's already been posted but how many is that this season now?

I've said it before but he is doing amazing in a pretty average team - imagine him getting the service every game - wow! :greengrin

Where does he rank in the all time Hibs top strikers list ?

27, should really be 28 but he was robbed of one by THAT decision against them!

HibeeN
27-04-2013, 08:19 PM
I just feel lucky to have seen his performances and watched his goals this season...every time he gets the ball I believe he's capable of producing something amazing and it quite often happens! Scored some wonderful, fantastic goals this season and his all-round play and work ethic is incredible too. Easily the best player I have seen for Hibs. It's just a shame we won't be able to enjoy him any longer, but I'm glad to have got to watch him this season.

He really could do anything he wants. If Fletcher managed to make it in the Premiership then I have no doubt that Leigh could do the same. Whether his personal situation allows this or not remains to be seen, but the guy has all the talent and I'm proud to call him "one of our own" :not worth

edinburghhibee
27-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Still.... Wouldn't get into Neil Lennon's Celtic team... So can't be that good ;)

Jonnyboy
27-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Best first touch I've seen since David Murphy

theonlywayisup
27-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Leigh Griffiths is a fantastic player, best in Scotland IMO.

He has improved so much over the last year and will get much better too.

Don't really want to say if he is better or not than Deeks, both are Hibs legends IMO.

ColintonHibs
27-04-2013, 09:11 PM
As much as i loved Riordan, Griffiths is by far the better player. Best player I've seen for Hibs. Amazing!

Devilstorment
27-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Leigh's first touch is unreal! I cant believe that he isnt in the Scotland first team.

Northernhibee
27-04-2013, 09:36 PM
He's an incredible player and we forget how young he still is.

Part of me wants him to stay but I think I want him to go and realise his full potential. I truly believe that if he makes the right moves to the right clubs with the right staff and players around him to learn from he could play for any team in the UK within five years time. He has everything and is clearly way, way beyond SPL level.

Credit to Pat Fenlon, Billy Brown and Liam O'Brian in bring him on as a player so much.

brianmc
27-04-2013, 09:45 PM
There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Leigh has the ability to surpass what Fletch has achieved in his career so far. The thing that Fenlon/Petrie should be trying to convince him of is the importance of picking the right team at the right time. Hopefully this could lead to him staying for a little while longer at ER before cashing in.

Northernhibee
27-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Just thinking, imagine him in a half decent EPL team with someone next to him creating space and a midfield providing decent service...

FranckSuzy
27-04-2013, 10:03 PM
He's the type of player that makes you want his babies. Oh wait...............

HibernianJK
27-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Still got a wee bit to go to top Riordan for me. Riot dans best I've seen since I started watching hibs

Northernhibee
27-04-2013, 10:13 PM
I know that people often predict how many bans a controversial thread will result in, so here's mine for this one.

One WUM from Kickback, seven ****ing Daffy Ducks, two marriage proposals and six pages.

GGTTH07
27-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Ill miss Leigh :boo hoo:
But FFS what will we do without him... Stay home sparks :wink:

Onceinawhile
27-04-2013, 10:37 PM
I thought that he was guff for most of last season, but this season he has been a revelation. Better than riordan? More goals but less feet.

sesoim
27-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Griffiths has been fantastic. He does two jobs in one, scoring goals and creating most of his goals for himself.

I just wonder what he would have done in the 2000-01 with class players like Sauzee and Latapy supporting him, and Mixu holding the ball up for him. Or the 2004-06 team for that matter with Brown and co in midfield.

Without doubt, he has kept Fenlon in job. Fenlon's signing have mostly failed to improve Hibs and only the presence of Griffiths has bailed him out.

If Fenlon is still in a job at the start of next season and Griffiths has left, I just wonder who Fenlon will sign to replace him. To me, the whole team needs to get changed in terms of formation and personnel regardless. We'll need more than one quality signing to make up for what we'll lose when/if Griffith goes.

sesoim
27-04-2013, 10:46 PM
He's an incredible player and we forget how young he still is.

Part of me wants him to stay but I think I want him to go and realise his full potential. I truly believe that if he makes the right moves to the right clubs with the right staff and players around him to learn from he could play for any team in the UK within five years time. He has everything and is clearly way, way beyond SPL level.

Credit to Pat Fenlon, Billy Brown and Liam O'Brian in bring him on as a player so much.

If Griffith's improvement has got anything to do with Fenlon and co, then why have they made so little impact improving the rest of the team?

SteveHFC
27-04-2013, 11:00 PM
I know that people often predict how many bans a controversial thread will result in, so here's mine for this one.

One WUM from Kickback, seven ****ing Daffy Ducks, two marriage proposals and six pages.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mac3x3mzkj1ruj2iwo1_400.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyfma5y3ve1qeyb9ho1_r1_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp0tv3jhS71qm6sfao1_500.gif

http://images.wikia.com/looneytunes/images/f/fc/Daffy_duck.gifhttp://www.oocities.org/hollywood/6033/Daffy/daffy.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llsgdmFjxF1qcez0do1_500.gif

http://www.johnnyaustin.com/images/projects/Daffy-Duck.png

:greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Gut feeling is Griffiths will stay, if they go down next week!

IWasThere2016
28-04-2013, 04:52 AM
He's been sensational. FWIW, I think he'll be at ER next season.

Aldo
28-04-2013, 07:34 AM

I hope you think right!!

WestEndHibee
28-04-2013, 07:59 AM
I know everything's been said about LG, but just thought he deserved another thread of appreciation. I though Riordan was a gem of a player, effortless in everything he did but an assassin in front of goal. Griffith is every bit as good a player, with an even better work ethic. I keep expecting LG to have a crap game, lose form, lose interest, start missing easy chances but the lad just delivers week after week. If any player deserved a winners medal on 26/5 it is Leigh.

He's going to beat Stevie Cowan's scoring record and would justify the Legend status if he could bag us the winner on 26th.

Well done Leigh. Great to have you at Hibs :greengrin

:top marks

connerg
28-04-2013, 12:41 PM
:agree: :top marks

.Sean.
28-04-2013, 12:56 PM

I'm fairly certain he will be aswell.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2013, 01:29 PM
A terrific player who's come on leaps and bounds, i think on this seasons form he's been the best goalscorer and goal creator i have seen since Riordan. I hope to say that again next season and the one after, then i will judge who was the best.