PDA

View Full Version : Wolves almost cert for league one.

LeighLoyal
27-04-2013, 06:42 PM
1 game left, 3 points and 2 goals behind Barnsley and they have to go to Brighton last day. Fat chance of pulling that off. They're extending Griffiths by a year so they can get money for him only. Griffiths owes Wolves absolute FA, and wants to be at Hibs... sort it oot.

Devilstorment
27-04-2013, 06:46 PM
easier said than done though. If Wolves even want 100k for him we will be struggling and he will end up at a Championship team (or knowing our luck Celtic!)

Thecat23
27-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Hearing Wolves fans invaded the pitch and were going nuts.

lyonhibs
27-04-2013, 06:57 PM

:agree:

A Sainsbury's "Taste the Difference" hamper was placed on the centre spot just after the final whistle.

Pandemonium.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2013, 07:04 PM

Chanting 'you dont know what your doing' at Saunders and trying to push the goals down. Its all kicking off on the Wolves forum Mollenuex Mix. Should go have a look, MADNESS!

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2013, 07:07 PM

A Sainsbury's "Taste the Difference" hamper was placed on the centre spot just after the final whistle.

Pandemonium.

Ahhhh, a clear message to Leigh to stay where he is, in Tesco.

silverhibee
27-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Chanting 'you dont know what your doing' at Saunders and trying to push the goals down. Its all kicking off on the Wolves forum Mollenuex Mix. Should go have a look, MADNESS!

Got a link by any chance. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
27-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Got a link by any chance. :thumbsup:

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Angry stuff!

frazeHFC
27-04-2013, 07:12 PM

Reading that now, AEK style scenes apparently with fans fighting with stewards and trying to attack their own players. Apparently fights kicking off all over the town centre too.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Should've spent the dough on players instead of a new stand!

Matt92
27-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Good!

Hope it means they have to flog Griffiths to us (assuming he would want to stay...).

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Good!

Hope it means they have to flog Griffiths to us (assuming he would want to stay...).

If they flog him, it will be to the highest bidder.

truehibernian
27-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Matt Doherty also been playing for them quite regularly - the fact they are down and he's been part of it is most pleasing - horrible footballer, inflated ego, no class. Delighted :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Good!

Its not going to happen I'm afraid.

Hibercelona
27-04-2013, 07:28 PM
What would actually happen if Griffiths were to terminate his contract with Wolves?

hibee_girl
27-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Could they afford to keep him on in League 1?

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2013, 07:30 PM
What would actually happen if Griffiths were to terminate his contract with Wolves?

He would be sued for breach of contract, if that's what you mean.

Stringer
27-04-2013, 07:31 PM

He is out of contract with them. They have an option to sign him for another year. I am sure he can decline that option.

I don't think he will choose Hibs. He deserves a chance in the championship

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2013, 07:34 PM
He is out of contract with them. They have an option to sign him for another year. I am sure he can decline that option.

I don't think he will choose Hibs. He deserves a chance in the championship

It's them that have the option, not him, AFAIK.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Good!

Griffiths is way above England League One. He'd be crazy to play there.

S4uzee
27-04-2013, 07:36 PM

Sound familiar? :agree:

hibeesjoe
27-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Griffiths is way above England League One. He'd be crazy to play there.

If that's the case he would be even more mental playing up here

GreenCastle
27-04-2013, 07:39 PM
This is good news for Hibs - Wolves going down will mean huge cuts and possibly a new manager again.

Griffiths wants to stay at Hibs 100% - he is happy in Edinburgh with his family(s) and doesn't want to go elsewhere.

The only thing needing done is for him and his agent to agree a deal - make him the highest paid player at club and he will keep scoring goals in this league :agree:

If he does get recalled - while no player is bigger than the club an unhappy / uninterested player taking up a wage won't be any use to Wolves.

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2013, 07:44 PM
This is good news for Hibs - Wolves going down will mean huge cuts and possibly a new manager again.

Griffiths wants to stay at Hibs 100% - he is happy in Edinburgh with his family(s) and doesn't want to go elsewhere.

The only thing needing done is for him and his agent to agree a deal - make him the highest paid player at club and he will keep scoring goals in this league :agree:

If he does get recalled - while no player is bigger than the club an unhappy / uninterested player taking up a wage won't be any use to Wolves.

... apart from getting money for him, you mean? :greengrin

greenginger
27-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Wolves will be taking a wee bit of chance in taking up his option.

I am sure it would have to be on the salary he agreed when he joined them as a premiership club and if no one came in for him on that wage he would continue to be a drain on resources.

I doubt Leigh's heart would be in third tier struggle in the English league, it was not what he signed up for and its not his fault where they are going to be next season.

scoopyboy
27-04-2013, 07:51 PM

Only if Sparky chooses to go to them.

GreenCastle
27-04-2013, 07:51 PM
... apart from getting money for him, you mean? :greengrin

Won't be much with a year left and he can walk for free in January.

How much do we think he is worth right now?

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2013, 07:52 PM

By highest bidder, I was including the club who offers "him" the most as well.

silverhibee
27-04-2013, 07:52 PM
http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Angry stuff!

A lot of $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$$ :greengrin

silverhibee
27-04-2013, 07:56 PM
He would be sued for breach of contract, if that's what you mean.

Unless he can afford to pay the last year out himself.

silverhibee
27-04-2013, 07:57 PM

And pretty sure they have already activated the extra year.

scoopyboy
27-04-2013, 08:03 PM
By highest bidder, I was including the club who offers "him" the most as well.

I agree with that but what I was trying to get across was that whilst Wolves can sign him for an extra season they can't dictate who he is signing for if they choose to sell him, highest bidder or not.

DaveF
27-04-2013, 08:06 PM

Direct quotes from Saunders in this article published 10 days ago.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/221605-blow-for-hibs-as-wolves-to-extend-leigh-griffiths-contract-at-molineux/

Whether the situation changes may be dependent on Wolves being relegated \ Saunders sacked........

Althehibee
27-04-2013, 08:15 PM
U heard it here 1st :)
GGTTH

Up The Bracket
27-04-2013, 08:24 PM
It'd be interesting to see what happens if Saunders is sent packing. I am actually quite confident Griffiths will be here next year, he never settled at Wolves and especially if they're playing at a level which is probably below SPL level, then I doubt he'd want to go back.

Up The Bracket
27-04-2013, 08:24 PM

Nope, they've not.

Sir David Gray
27-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Fairly certain Griffiths won't play another game for Wolves, particularly if they go down which is now looking very likely.

I think he'll sign for a Championship team in the summer.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Sound familiar? :agree:

Indeed it does.

Speedy
27-04-2013, 09:20 PM
U heard it here 1st :)
GGTTH

What difference will that make?

I asked it here first :greengrin

J-C
27-04-2013, 09:29 PM

Very true, it's Wolves that are forcing this 1 year extension not Leigh.
Even if Wolves agree a fee with another club, Leigh doesn't have to accept it, he can just sit there and wait till January, then sign for who he wants.
He basically says to Wolves, I aint playing Div 1, either let me go where I want or I'll wait and go for nowt next year.

J-C
27-04-2013, 09:29 PM
What difference will that make?

I asked it here first :greengrin

Money from cup win I'd presume.

Higgy115
27-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Would Leigh not be one of the lower earners at Wolves therefore being a better option for them in Div 1 rather than the likes of Ebanks-Blake and Doyle who may well be on 3 or 4 times more than him, and them being the ones they would prefer off the books?

J-C
27-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Would Leigh not be one of the lower earners at Wolves therefore being a better option for them in Div 1 rather than the likes of Ebanks-Blake and Doyle who may well be on 3 or 4 times more than him, and them being the ones they would prefer off the books?

Leigh is on the verge of a Scotland call up, does he really want to be plying his trade in Div 1.

GreenCastle
27-04-2013, 09:44 PM

Wolves will be losing quite a bit of money right now and going down a league will mean even more - crowds - TV coverage etc.

Add into that they have recently extended their stadium with redevelopments and the worst possible time (expecting to be back in the EPL) meaning their will be massive cuts and a player not playing or wanting to be there will be no use to them - chances are the contract will be terminated by mutual consent - so Hibs just need to find a suitable wage which he deserves :agree:

I agree about his 1st touch - he is a more natural finisher than Fletcher and could go to the EPL but as already stated like Riordan he has a close family / friends in Edinburgh and would prefer to stay.

Higgy115
27-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Leigh is on the verge of a Scotland call up, does he really want to be plying his trade in Div 1.

I am sure he probably doesn't but it may well be if it is a club only extension option, he has to. I have no doubt that Wolves will be seeing what he is doing this year and think that he would do equally as we'll if not better than he has here in Div 1 on a reasonably low wage compared to most of the squad. I hope I am wrong but his goals to get Wolves back into Championship might be worth more than the mythical £100k figure that has been mentioned.

frazeHFC
27-04-2013, 10:18 PM
http://news.sky.com/story/1083818/wolves-fans-invade-pitch-after-burnley-defeat

Look at them attacking stewards etc and then running soon as any police come close.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2315678/Wolves-1-Burnley-2--match-report-Furious-Wolves-fans-turn-owner-final-whistle-smash-dugout-confront-players.html

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Gonna watch the football league show just for the Wolves game!

Eyrie
27-04-2013, 10:36 PM
I am sure he probably doesn't but it may well be if it is a club only extension option, he has to. I have no doubt that Wolves will be seeing what he is doing this year and think that he would do equally as we'll if not better than he has here in Div 1 on a reasonably low wage compared to most of the squad. I hope I am wrong but his goals to get Wolves back into Championship might be worth more than the mythical £100k figure that has been mentioned.

Makes sense unfortunately - Wolves need to bounce back immediately and Griffiths will rack up the goals in League One. Got to hope that Saunders is fired and the new manager doesn't want him.

GreenCastle
27-04-2013, 10:36 PM
http://news.sky.com/story/1083818/wolves-fans-invade-pitch-after-burnley-defeat

Look at them attacking stewards etc and then running soon as any police come close.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2315678/Wolves-1-Burnley-2--match-report-Furious-Wolves-fans-turn-owner-final-whistle-smash-dugout-confront-players.html

That's embarrassing - smashing up your own clubs stadium = going to cost your club to fix it :rolleyes:

Football fans showing their intelligence once again :rolleyes:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2013, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9t_M8FJmMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTnq01R5JyU

Take a look at they links, absolute carnage at Mollenuex.

.Sean.
27-04-2013, 11:17 PM
The fact Griffiths genuinely wants to stay with Hibs seems lost on the majority of you.

You'll be pleasantly surprised in the summer.

3pm
27-04-2013, 11:21 PM
The fact Griffiths genuinely wants to stay with Hibs seems lost on the majority of you.

Excellent.

Steve-O
27-04-2013, 11:24 PM

You can still get a call up from SFL3 these days so why not?

KWJ
27-04-2013, 11:46 PM
European football will be a nice carrot for him here too.

SmallvilleHibee
27-04-2013, 11:58 PM
There is no way Leigh Griffiths will stay at Wolves next season if they are relegated to League 1. Unless they offer him a lucrative deal of some sort.

Sir David Gray
28-04-2013, 12:06 AM

I've no doubts at all that he would quite like to be at Hibs next season, it's quite clear how much he loves the club.

But when he'll have clubs after him in the summer who are likely to be offering him around 6-7 times the salary that he'll get with us, I just doubt that we'll be able to keep him.

I seriously hope I am wrong, I would love nothing more than to see Leigh Griffiths back in a Hibs shirt in August. :pray:

Speedy
28-04-2013, 12:44 AM

I think people are under the impression that he may not have a choice whether he goes back or not so it might not matter what he wants.

Treadstone
28-04-2013, 07:12 AM

I'd like to know how these options work. Surely there must be a date when the option has to be execised. It seems as though a player could be out of contract in a couple of months but can't negotiate a pre-contract as a club may want to execute a clause giving them another year. Mental.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2013, 07:43 AM

Ringing any bells hutchy?

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Saunders or one of his predecessors was quoted as saying that LG was 5th choice striker down there. He wont be now thats for sure.

Sadly for us, home body or not, LG is in a business where time at your peak is short and earning to your fullest ability is paramount. The very most I would imagine Hibs would pay will be 3k per week. LG could be on 7 - 10k at another club. He loves Hibs ... we love him. But if he has anybody around him giving him good advice that wont be enough.

Very sad to say it will be cheerio LG after the 26th ...... at which point he will be a legend on a par with the FF, Joe Baker, Pat Stanton etc. ...... I hope.

heretoday
28-04-2013, 09:48 AM
I've no doubts at all that he would quite like to be at Hibs next season, it's quite clear how much he loves the club.

But when he'll have clubs after him in the summer who are likely to be offering him around 6-7 times the salary that he'll get with us, I just doubt that we'll be able to keep him.

I seriously hope I am wrong, I would love nothing more than to see Leigh Griffiths back in a Hibs shirt in August. :pray:

Exactly. He would be mad to turn down the big money if it's offered. We need to pull out all the stops and unearth another Sparky at ER.

Kaff
28-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Exactly. He would be mad to turn down the big money if it's offered. We need to pull out all the stops and unearth another Sparky at ER.

I would love him to stay but if we win the cup that would be the time for him, on a personal level, to leave. If he got the chance of a 3-4 year deal at Championship level and left Hibs a hero for life then i would say well done to him and thanks for the memories.
Of course as a club a cup win should be the catalyst to become a real force in Scotland and he would be a major player in that, so as a club we would have to pressure/cajole/beg him to stay with a lucrative offer.
I havent a clue what he would want to do though

Treadstone
28-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Lets be honest if he under permanent contract at ER, we would be looking to sell.

R'Albin
28-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Interesting to hear some of Wolves fans' thoughts on Griffiths.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=79533

Sir David Gray
28-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Interesting to hear some of Wolves's fans' thoughts on Griffiths.

Pleased to hear a lot of them think he's filth etc etc.

All we need to do is convince the chairmen of the other 40 odd clubs that he might go to that this description is accurate and then we're sorted. :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2013, 05:11 PM
To be fair most of the guys on their rubbishing LG coz he is scoring in the SPL are getting shouted down. Most of them appear to be tuned into the fact that scoring 20+ for the OF is a whole different ball game from scoring 20+ for Hibs or Aberdeen etc.

For the most part LG makes his own chances and scores most of them too.

The biggest mistake made by any English club this season was Wolves not bringing LG back when they had the chance ... for the most part their fans seem to have got that message. It probably got them relegated. Shame for their fans .. hell mend ye to their managers and owners.

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Ringing any bells hutchy?

See my previous post on this thread. ;-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Just read the match report in The Sunday Post from Hibs game yesterday.
Ross Caldwell "with Leigh leaving, it will give me the chance to push for a first team place next season"

Re Leigh "Hes got a habit of scoring against St Mirren too, so they'll be happy to see the back of him I suppose"
Cat out the bag or jumping the gun?

Moon unit
28-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Interesting to hear some of Wolves fans' thoughts on Griffiths.

If Leigh reads some of these wolves fans comments he wouldn't want to be anywhere near them!!!

frazeHFC
29-04-2013, 09:54 AM
If Leigh reads some of these wolves fans comments he wouldn't want to be anywhere near them!!!

If he keeps up with how they are doing he won't want to be anywhere near them. Loves playing for Hibs and in Europe next season, or in League 1 playing in front of fans known for trying to attack their own players...

Aldo
29-04-2013, 09:58 AM
LG is not just a goal scorer his work rate and willingness to run the channels etc makes him a team player. He could make more money in League 1. He was never given a chance at Wolves which suited us.

Saunders will of watched him (highlights) anyway and knows exactly what he's getting. Again they might just take the option and sell him.

silverhibee
29-04-2013, 01:09 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4906912/Dean-Saunders-I-can-sort-out-Wolves-relegation-mess.html

Doing a great job Dean. :aok: :rolleyes:

Stevie Reid
29-04-2013, 01:18 PM
No sympathy for Wolves. McCarthy was their first manager in 30 years to keep them in the top division for 2 consecutive years, which was a significant achievement - Wolves were 18th in the EPL when they sacked him, on the same points as the team in 16th with 13 games left. All the board have done is continually hope for a new manager bounce, and all it has resulted in is a massive downwards spiral.

Their fans also turned their noses up at Steve Bruce, look where both managers are now.

ian cruise
29-04-2013, 01:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9t_M8FJmMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTnq01R5JyU

Take a look at they links, absolute carnage at Mollenuex.

Serious question which I most likely already know the answer to however I will ask any way. Given those scenes, what if Leigh, or any other Wolves player refused to play/asked for contract termination as wolves could not guarantee a safe working environment?

hibeedonald
29-04-2013, 03:15 PM
I reckon Hibs would beat Wolves if we played them, league 1 is definitely a drop down.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-04-2013, 03:35 PM
I wouldnae be so confident!

NOLA
29-04-2013, 03:58 PM
I reckon Hibs would beat Wolves if we played them, league 1 is definitely a drop down.
we are probably on a par now, two clubs with some talented players but not good teams, i still feel hibs play too much like a group of individuals and not a team at times.

essexhibee
29-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Find it laughable yet makes me down right angry when I see Wolves fans saying how Griffiths isn't good enough for them. Almost as if he is beneath them. Really boys?! :confused:

Pretty Boy
29-04-2013, 04:30 PM
I remember Grant Brebner being interviewed just after we were relegated and he was on loan from Man Utd. He said that he loved the club and was desperate to stay and would look to sort something out.

A few weeks later when the heat of the moment had died down Reading offered him a deal with better money and promises of how they where going places. Off he went, obviously it didn't work out for him and we got him at a later date.

I didn't blame Brebner for that because financially and football wise it made sense to go there. I wouldn't hold a grudge against Griffiths if he decided to go elsewhere either, assuming he doesn't go back to Wolves long term.