PDA

View Full Version : Where do we go from here

Billy Whizz
27-04-2013, 06:37 PM
With the Cup final only 4 weeks away, it would be nice if we could start hitting some form and win some games. Today was a lot better than Monday, we created a lot more chances. At 1-0 up if we had scored a 2nd goal, I'm sure we would have gone on and won the game.
Fenlon is chopping and changing a few position, trying to get a winning blend, but unfortunately although it was better middle to front, we were struggling to deal with any sort of cross into the box.
Although its good to give some of the younger players a game, Fenlon must decide if he thinks they are good enough to warrant a cup final place. Lets get a settled team, injuries permitting.
I'd like to be positive, but I'm not sure out Manager knows how to fix it!

bubblesmorrison
28-04-2013, 02:45 AM
Simple answer Killie away :)

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2013, 09:50 AM
I thoght that Saturday was as close to a sweet & sour situation as you can get. It was hugely encouraging to see how well the yougsters in the team blended together in some of our attacking moves. Harris, Handling and Caldwell all did really well and Taiwo was man of the match IMO his shot at the end notwithstanding.

But we were a car crash at the back .... we didnt stop crosses coming into the box and couldnt defend them when they did. McGivern is great when we go forward, but an average LB ... in fact I think he would be better at CH. LB is an ongoing problem too. McPake is too easily beaten in the air

I fear for our cup chances defending like that.

LioNeilMessi
28-04-2013, 11:18 AM
I thoght that Saturday was as close to a sweet & sour situation as you can get. It was hugely encouraging to see how well the yougsters in the team blended together in some of our attacking moves. Harris, Handling and Caldwell all did really well and Taiwo was man of the match IMO his shot at the end notwithstanding.

But we were a car crash at the back .... we didnt stop crosses coming into the box and couldnt defend them when they did. McGivern is great when we go forward, but an average LB ... in fact I think he would be better at CH. LB is an ongoing problem too. McPake is too easily beaten in the air

I fear for our cup chances defending like that.

I would say that one of our better defending spells this season was when McPake was injured and the back 4 was: Maybury Hanlon McGivern Stevenson. Stevenson did well at LB and when ever the high ball came in McGivern always came over to cover. I wouldn't mind going to Killie with that back 4, can't be any worse than yesterday!