PDA

View Full Version : MotM today

neil7908
27-04-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm pleased for Harris and think he was a good shout for the award as he looked dangerous every time he was on the ball but I personally felt Taiwo was immense today. Him and Claros dominated the midfield and totally dictated the play. This was one of the first times I;ve seen these 2 try and push forward a bit more and I felt the team looked so much more threatening.

Claros still looks a little lost when he gets near the opposition box but I felt both him and Taiwo trying to get forward was a big improvement from previous games where we've been so reluctant to push midfielders beyond the half way line.

I suspect Claros wont be here next season (would love to be proved wrong) but I think if we could find someone with a bit more creativity and goal threat to play alongside Taiwo I would be quite optimistic about our chances of pushing on.

Of course that would require the defence to be fixed aswell...

Jay
27-04-2013, 06:37 PM
I had Taiwo or Claros down for it although was chuffed for Alex Harris.

Billy Whizz
I had Taiwo or Claros down for it although was chuffed for Alex Harris.

I'd agree

Harris worthy motm today IMO. looked sharp and made some fantastic runs and used his pace and not scared to take on defenders. Looks like he has plenty confidence atm and i hope he can keep building on his performances.

Jonnyboy
27-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Chuffed for Boozy but Taiwo would have been a more deserving winner

Devilstorment
27-04-2013, 06:39 PM
:agree: best iv seen from Taiwo in a Hibs shirt today.

Is it just me or does Harris seem to always drift inside? even when going down the wing seems like the sensible move?? dont get me wrong, he is a great we player and one we should try and hold on to.

aljo7-0
27-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Taiwo for me. He was a bit quieter in the second half but excellent and everywhere in the first.

matty_f
27-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Taiwo, first half especially, was outstanding.

kaimendhibs
27-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Though Tom had a great game too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
27-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Taiwo was outstanding MOTM by a mile.

Hibercelona
27-04-2013, 06:52 PM
:agree: best iv seen from Taiwo in a Hibs shirt today.

Is it just me or does Harris seem to always drift inside? even when going down the wing seems like the sensible move?? dont get me wrong, he is a great we player and one we should try and hold on to.

I like that about him, he's got adventure to his play.

Most players will just run down the wing and cross majority of the time, which is fine if they can actually put a quality ball into the box and have players in there capable of out jumping the defenders.

We're not a team for scoring a lot of headed goals though.

greenlex
27-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Chuffed for Boozy but Taiwo would have been a more deserving winner
This.
:agree::agree:

hibee_girl
27-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Taiwo for me too today :agree:

Lang Toun Hibs
27-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Agree with most, Taiwo was excellent today.

Greendub
27-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Claris should shoot more often, he scored a cracker in the warm up

HibeeN
27-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Taiwo was fantastic - I remember looking at the scoreboard and it was only about 30 mins into the game when I was thinking "he's going to be MOTM." Best performance in a Hibs shirt to date - he was all over the pitch, defence, making forward runs. A couple of times in the second half he made some poor decisions in terms of passes but almost everything he did today was spot-on. :agree:

I've been saying for the past few weeks that Claros/Taiwo are our best centre midfield partnership. Not necessarily best players - there is no denying Thomson's class - but the way they play really seems to complement each other and they work so well as a unit. Taiwo also gets forward more than Claros/Thomson/Deegan/Robertson and even if he's just an extra runner, it can make all the difference in attack. I don't think he's ever going to score many goals or impress with fancy tricks, but his energy and workrate in centre midfield is great to see.

Jonnyboy
27-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Taiwo was fantastic - I remember looking at the scoreboard and it was only about 30 mins into the game when I was thinking "he's going to be MOTM." Best performance in a Hibs shirt to date - he was all over the pitch, defence, making forward runs. A couple of times in the second half he made some poor decisions in terms of passes but almost everything he did today was spot-on. :agree:

I've been saying for the past few weeks that Claros/Taiwo are our best centre midfield partnership. Not necessarily best players - there is no denying Thomson's class - but the way they play really seems to complement each other and they work so well as a unit. Taiwo also gets forward more than Claros/Thomson/Deegan/Robertson and even if he's just an extra runner, it can make all the difference in attack. I don't think he's ever going to score many goals or impress with fancy tricks, but his energy and workrate in centre midfield is great to see.

Tom's biggest asset over KT is that he is much more mobile. He was excellent today and covered every blade

theonlywayisup
27-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Taiwo for me!

He has to be a certain starter in midfield for the Cup Final.

Leighonel
27-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Taiwo.

He will probably play alongside craig in our central midfield next year

Pretty Boy
27-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Taiwo is massively underrated imo.

Took a while to find his feet but is a nice neat and tidy footballer.

JimBHibees
27-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Tom's biggest asset over KT is that he is much more mobile. He was excellent today and covered every blade

I would have Thomson in place of Claros.

lucky
27-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Taiwo was my MOTM. I would play him and Thomson in the final and bring Claros on after 70 mins from KT when tires

JMac
27-04-2013, 10:42 PM
For me it was Harris, Taiwo or Sparky. Honorable mention to Claros.

NAE NOOKIE
28-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Taiwo for me ... best game in a Hibs shirt yesterday and I felt a bit sorry for him when Boozy got the nod, though he had a good game too.