PDA

View Full Version : Comments overheard at today's game

hibee_girl
27-04-2013, 05:48 PM
'Claros is like Barry Ferguson'

I'm still :confused: over that one!!

Aldo
27-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Tell you what o and tin hat at the ready Barry Ferguson in his prime was an excellent player (o and he probably could still do a very good job in this league) my opinion mind

Hibercelona
27-04-2013, 05:50 PM

You can never understand a word that he says? :dunno:

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2013, 05:53 PM

In that he is a very tidy player, and rarely wastes a pass?

Or that he won't play for Scotland?

hibee_girl
27-04-2013, 05:55 PM
You can never understand a word that he says? :dunno:

:greengrin

It wasn't said in a complimentary way put it that way!

matty_f
27-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Guy in the west lower, back row shouted for ages at Ben Williams. He was so annoyed he didn't get off his seat when our third went in.
He looked gutted!

Hibercelona
27-04-2013, 05:57 PM
:greengrin

It wasn't said in a complimentary way put it that way!

I was talking "comparison" wise. :greengrin

hibee_girl
27-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Guy in the west lower, back row shouted for ages at Ben Williams. He was so annoyed he didn't get off his seat when our third went in.
He looked gutted!

Guy behind me absolutely hates Spoony, when he came on he was going on about how we'd be better with 10 men etc, didn't hear him utter another word after Spoony helped set up the goal!

Pretty Boy
27-04-2013, 06:00 PM
He looked gutted!

Must admit to losing the heid with Williams at one point over his unwillingness to ever throw the ball out. He loves a punt up the park.

I wasn't in the west though and after a long look at the linesman celebrated the 3rd.

HibeeN
27-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Must admit to losing the heid with Williams at one point over his unwillingness to ever throw the ball out. He loves a punt up the park.

I wasn't in the west though and after a long look at the linesman celebrated the 3rd.

Noticing this more as well. I'm sure we did go through a spell for a few games where he was rolling it out more often...maybe he just doesn't have confidence in the defence in front of him, and who can blame him really? :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
27-04-2013, 06:29 PM
The guy beside me in the FFL calls every Hibs player an idiot or a donkey throughout every match. He left after they scored their third and was heard saying "cant take being insulted anymore" WTF??!! Guess he wont want his cup final ticket to watch the same "donkeys" playing?

Mikey
27-04-2013, 06:33 PM
He looked gutted!

He was actually quite embarrassing. His antics when St Mirren scored were completely over the top and you're spot on, when Hibs scored their third he never budged an inch.

Speedy
27-04-2013, 06:37 PM

There are definitely similarities. They both play a lot of neat passes, and tend to look sideways before they look forward.

Claros is a very good player but can be fruatrating to watch when he slows things down rather than looking for a quick attack.

Generally though, some of the comments you hear at games just confirm that a lot of fans are clueless idiots.

Edit: Claros does seem to look forward a lot more than he did previously.

Pedantic_Hibee
27-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Claros, for me, is far and away the best footballer at Easter Road. Even better than Sparky imo.

hibee_girl
27-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Claros, for me, is far and away the best footballer at Easter Road. Even better than Sparky imo.

:agree:

Devilstorment
27-04-2013, 06:50 PM

:top marks

frazeHFC
27-04-2013, 06:53 PM
I was at Blackpool v Sheff Wed recently and Ferguson looked good in the centre of midfield and when you think of it did very much the same job Claros does. I wouldn't swap them though, never.

hibee_girl
27-04-2013, 06:55 PM
There are definitely similarities. They both play a lot of neat passes, and tend to look sideways before they look forward.

Claros is a very good player but can be fruatrating to watch when he slows things down rather than looking for a quick attack.

Generally though, some of the comments you hear at games just confirm that a lot of fans are clueless idiots.

Edit: Claros does seem to look forward a lot more than he did previously.

He did today, still doesn't like to take a shot at goal though.

Onion
27-04-2013, 07:31 PM

Claros was top class today and is a completely different player to last season. If Williams, McPake, Claros and Griffith are on their game on 26/5 we have a definite chance.

Lang Toun Hibs
27-04-2013, 07:44 PM
The guy beside me in the FFL calls every Hibs player an idiot or a donkey throughout every match. He left after they scored their third and was heard saying "cant take being insulted anymore" WTF??!! Guess he wont want his cup final ticket to watch the same "donkeys" playing?

Is this the same guy who sits 3 or 4 rows back from me and my kids - centre section about row H? The one my 6 and 9 year old kids have named Mr Sweary? One of the most inane and negative 'supporters' I've ever heard? I really don't know why he bothers, never seems to enjoy the games just gets stuck into his 'own' team. I do have to laugh though when he is regularly giving his coaching advice...even when the players mistakenly do exactly what he wants, they get pelters!

JimBHibees
27-04-2013, 08:18 PM

Personally wouldnt play him in the final as he was caught out numerous times defensively and his defending at the short corner to me was abysmal. He is an excellent passer at times however worry very much his lack of mobility and against Celtc that will be exposed IMO. Would play Thomson and Taiwo.

hibee_girl
27-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Personally wouldnt play him in the final as he was caught up numerous times defensively and his defending at the short corner to me was abysmal. He is an excellent passer at times however worry very much his lack of mobility and against Celtc that will be exposed IMO. Would play Thomson and Taiwo.

That would be very harsh on Claros imo.

It has to be him and Taiwo in the final, they have a great understanding.

leggeto
27-04-2013, 08:36 PM

i like like the way he wants the ball all the time and is never to far away from the ball,but i would prefer if he had a more gifted attacking midfielder allongside him as nearly all forward passes dont make it,brilliant at breaking up the play and getting stuck in,i would have him in my team each week for the hunger and effort he puts in :flag:

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2013, 08:45 PM
''That Maybury is awful'' When he was having a great game and keeping their winger quiet.

davhibby
27-04-2013, 08:50 PM

:agree: They work very well together, think Fenlon might go for all 3 in the final though

JimBHibees
27-04-2013, 08:54 PM

Dont think it does actually like or not a fit Thomson is a better player than Claros.

Pretty Boy
27-04-2013, 08:55 PM
''That Maybury is awful'' When he was having a great game and keeping their winger quiet.

There was a situation in the 1st half when Goncalves was breaking away and Maybury stood up brilliantly, jockeyed him until he slightly overhit the ball then stepped in and made the tackle, it was excellent defending.

Some clown behind me in the FF upper was about blue in.tjebface screaming at Maybury to 'put a ****ing tackle in' and 'try a bit you Hearys ****'. Some folk who watch football really seem to have no idea about the game, I honestly wonder how they can have played/watchdd the game for so long and still be so clueless.

Speedy
27-04-2013, 08:55 PM
:agree: They work very well together, think Fenlon might go for all 3 in the final though

I think he might as well.

Assuming all are fit I think it will be:

...................Williams

Clancy - McPake - Hanlon - McGivern

........Claros - Taiwo - Thomson

Doyle...................................Harris
....................Griffiths

DH1875
27-04-2013, 10:04 PM

:agree:

:top marks

I've bought a huge Honduras flag for the final :flag:. Going to get some sort of message on it to show him our support. Only problem is it's blue and white so no doubt some drunken idiot will have a go so now I'm thinking of no taking it :boo hoo:.

Purehibee_MYB
28-04-2013, 12:01 AM
He did today, still doesn't like to take a shot at goal though.

I was screaming at him to take a shot today.. Would love for him to score. Seemed indecisive when he had the chances to shoot and ended up doing something in between a shot and a pass.. and his one shot was poor! Hopefully he'll bag a goal before he maybe goes back to Honduras, but probably not

KanyeWestLower
28-04-2013, 12:09 AM

Totally agree with that, I am constantly surprised at the negative comments made about him. He is always neat and tidy, he will always take a ball even when pressurised and look for the high percentage pass. To get the best out of him there needs to be other player especially in the forward positions that can comfortably take the ball in and retain it.

Swedish hibee
28-04-2013, 02:09 AM
When Maybury got 'shunted' off the ball down the wing, someone shouted "Ooooooiiiii, Nobody does that to Maybury. We need him for the final"

Made us all chuckle :faf:

This was the same man who shouted "HaHa Ya fell on yer a*se at the St Mirren player who just completely fell over on his own early on in the game".

hibbypostie
28-04-2013, 03:42 AM
I think he might as well.

Assuming all are fit I think it will be:

...................Williams

Clancy - McPake - Hanlon - McGivern

........Claros - Taiwo - Thomson

Doyle...................................Harris
....................Griffiths

:thumbsup:would love us to start with this team

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2013, 11:14 AM
There was a situation in the 1st half when Goncalves was breaking away and Maybury stood up brilliantly, jockeyed him until he slightly overhit the ball then stepped in and made the tackle, it was excellent defending.

Some clown behind me in the FF upper was about blue in.tjebface screaming at Maybury to 'put a ****ing tackle in' and 'try a bit you Hearys ****'. Some folk who watch football really seem to have no idea about the game, I honestly wonder how they can have played/watchdd the game for so long and still be so clueless.You must sit very near me, I think we are talking about the same guy, total tosser who doesn't have the slightest clue about defending or football in general. Every time Maybury plays he gets dogs abuse from the guy and despite doing little wrong yesterday it continued. He says Maybury always backs off and lets people into the box but totally ignores the part where 9 times out of 10 Maybury gets the ball and defends the situation perfectly.

Personally I never had a problem with the fact he played for Hearts but some people obviously do.

Devilstorment
28-04-2013, 01:16 PM
I've bought a huge Honduras flag for the final :flag:. Going to get some sort of message on it to show him our support. Only problem is it's blue and white so no doubt some drunken idiot will have a go so now I'm thinking of no taking it :boo hoo:.

Epic get it brought along!! We should make sure there is a flag for each of the nationalities of our current squad!

Devilstorment
28-04-2013, 01:19 PM
There is some clown that sits in front of me in the East that just moans at everything and is on the back of every Hibs player every week. I dont know why these people bother going.