PDA

View Full Version : Sportsound Extra

Diclonius
27-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Good to see that they are discussing 0% of today's SPL games and instead are arguing about some Third Division team.

In addition, who's this Rangers apologist on arguing with Cosgrove? He seems to fit into the Traynor role very well. :rolleyes:

Aldo
27-04-2013, 05:24 PM
RR it always has been and will always will be the case. They are a bunch if ***** the lot if them.

Sir David Gray
27-04-2013, 05:36 PM
According to Cosgrove, Leigh Griffiths isn't fit to be nominated for the player of the year award due to his off-field antics.

I wasn't aware it had been changed to person of the year. :bitchy:

And the airtime they gave to a newly formed 3rd division team was laughable as well.

Also, as much as Kenny Shiels annoys me a lot of the time, it was a bit rich for Graham Spiers to criticise him for his comments on Celtic and Neil Lennon. If it wasn't for people like Shiels creating headlines, guys like Spiers would be out of a job.

I nearly crashed my car on my way home listening to that drivel.

Alfred E Newman
27-04-2013, 06:17 PM
i
According to Cosgrove, Leigh Griffiths isn't fit to be nominated for the player of the year award due to his off-field antics.

I wasn't aware it had been changed to person of the year. :bitchy:

And the airtime they gave to a newly formed 3rd division team was laughable as well.

Also, as much as Kenny Shiels annoys me a lot of the time, it was a bit rich for Graham Spiers to criticise him for his comments on Celtic and Neil Lennon. If it wasn't for people like Shiels creating headlines, guys like Spiers would be out of a job.

I nearly crashed my car on my way home listening to that drivel.

Cosgrove is an annoying slaver who seems to think he is an authority on all things .

marinello59
27-04-2013, 06:19 PM
i

Cosgrove is an annoying slaver who seems to think he is an authority on all things .

:agree:

Jonnyboy
27-04-2013, 06:32 PM
i

Spot on

He and Spiers spend the whole time trying to out-intelectualise each other (ok so it's not a word but it sums them up :greengrin)

Seriously, Cosgrove and Spiers = borefest

lord bunberry
27-04-2013, 07:10 PM
i

I like him, off the ball is the best show on the radio

DaveF
27-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Spot on

He and Spiers spend the whole time trying to out-intelectualise each other (ok so it's not a word but it sums them up :greengrin)

Seriously, Cosgrove and Spiers = borefest

I turned it off when Cosgrove stepped onto his moral high horse when talking about Griffiths. His blanket refusal to acknowledge it was the player of the year rather than upstanding model citizen of the year made for dire listening.

matty_f
27-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Generally speaking, i like Cosgrove and Spiers. Also enjoy listening to Tam Cowan and (at a push) Tom English.

Hiber-nation
27-04-2013, 07:20 PM
i

I don't mind him but I think he has a cheek trying to be an authority on fitba when he based half his book "Hampden Babylon" on some guy called "Willie Johnson" who got kicked out a World Cup with Cosgrove comparing himn to "his namesake Ben". To be fair Cowan has ripped him for that in the past.

killie-hibby
28-04-2013, 07:37 AM
I turned it off when Cosgrove stepped onto his moral high horse when talking about Griffiths. His blanket refusal to acknowledge it was the player of the year rather than upstanding model citizen of the year made for dire listening.

Cosgrove cited Griffiths off field behaviour and attitude towards Hibs supporters as reasons why he should not be POTY. Regards off field behaviour surely Griffiths is innocent until if and when proven guilty. Regarding attitude towards his own supporters, Cosgrove's memory seems selective in that he failed to mention Michael Higdon gesturing towards his own fans during a Motherwell/Dundee United match January 2012. Thats round about the same time of Griffiths gesturing.

SkintHibby
28-04-2013, 08:04 AM
I like everyone on Sportsound.

Cowan, Spiers, Cosgrove, Preston, Gordon, Robertson.....etc

I think the BBC have a good mix of personalities on their show.

Fellow Hibees.....LIGHTEN UP!!

Treadstone
28-04-2013, 08:18 AM
i

Being a Saints fans by default Cosgrove has to rip anything connected to Dundee FC and usually does.

Golden Bear
28-04-2013, 08:24 AM

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion I dare say!

:whistle:

hibsbollah
28-04-2013, 08:26 AM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I'm willing to make an exception in this case though.

Sir David Gray
28-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Cosgrove cited Griffiths off field behaviour and attitude towards Hibs supporters as reasons why he should not be POTY. Regards off field behaviour surely Griffiths is innocent until if and when proven guilty. Regarding attitude towards his own supporters, Cosgrove's memory seems selective in that he failed to mention Michael Higdon gesturing towards his own fans during a Motherwell/Dundee United match January 2012. Thats round about the same time of Griffiths gesturing.

I.E. last season.

Quite how gestures made last season should affect someone's chances of winning this season's player of the year award is beyond me.

Ridiculous.

Since90+2
28-04-2013, 10:38 AM
i

I've heard Cosgrove say a couple of times that he has a wee soft spot for the Hibees and that he has alot of respect for the club and us as supporters. Just because he says something we dont all agree with doesnt make him a slaver.

Carheenlea
28-04-2013, 10:57 AM
I.E. last season.

Quite how gestures made last season should affect someone's chances of winning this season's player of the year award is beyond me.

Ridiculous.

It was not so much the gestures, more the racist tweet incident that Stuart Cosgrove was concerned about given Scottish Football's partnership with "Show Racism the Red Card". Had it just been the gestures, the Tesco incident or his cavalier attitude to family planning, I don't think Cosgrove would have any issues.

GlenrothesHibee
28-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Have a lot of time for Cosgrove. Enjoy listening to him.

Sir David Gray
28-04-2013, 07:00 PM
It was not so much the gestures, more the racist tweet incident that Stuart Cosgrove was concerned about given Scottish Football's partnership with "Show Racism the Red Card". Had it just been the gestures, the Tesco incident or his cavalier attitude to family planning, I don't think Cosgrove would have any issues.

Cosgrove specifically mentioned his attitude towards his own supporters as one of the reasons why he thought it wouldn't be appropriate for Leigh Griffiths to be made player of the year.

Given that all these instances of :giruy: gestures were made last season, I don't see the relevance in mentioning this.

I also don't see what off-field behaviour, up to a point, has to do with someone being nominated for their performances on a football pitch.

He hasn't assaulted, raped or killed anyone so I think for Cosgrove to come out last night and say what he did was well over the top.

I also don't believe he's had any criminal convictions, at the time of writing this post, for any of his alleged offences so I think he should be judged solely on what he's done this season on the pitch and with that in mind, he is a more than worthy nominee for the player of the year award.

Jonnyboy
28-04-2013, 07:19 PM

None of which has anything to do with why his peers voted for him - player of the year, not upstanding young citizen or even hardest working creator of bairns award :greengrin

The Green Goblin
28-04-2013, 09:03 PM
LG has done one or two silly things this year, but the over the top perception amongst the media that he's some kind of "bad boy" up to his neck in scandal is just nonsense. He has also come across very well in postmatch interviews and his conduct on the park has been exemplary. The journos need to get over themselves imho.