PDA

View Full Version : McPake

AL-Qaholik
27-04-2013, 04:14 PM
How dreadful does he have to be to get dropped??
Unbelievable the amount of backing he seems to get despite constant amateurish performances...

Pretty Boy
27-04-2013, 04:18 PM
He's been just awful.

Didn't get all the talk about him being better on Monday as I thought he was poor and today he was terrible. Bullied, slow, no composure, no positioning and no reading of the game.

He costs us goals week in week out.

hibee_girl
27-04-2013, 04:19 PM
He's been awful for months now, he just doesn't look like the same person we signed a year ago.

Personally think he should be dropped, just because he's the captain doesn't mean he should automatically be given a starting place. I'd feel a lot more secure with McGivern and Hanlon in the middle with Stevenson at left back.

LeighLoyal
27-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Leaking too many goals, whether it's all down to McPake or not I don't know. I'd go with five at at the back and use McGiven as a sweeper. Try it anyway, because we need more at Hampden to have any chance.

andy1875
27-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Our defence is utterly shocking. The number of weak goals conceded this season that have come straight through the centre of our defence is beyond a joke.

Wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if every defender at ER left this summer. None of them have performed consistently well this season.

Thank god we've had Ben Williams this season.

Hibercelona
27-04-2013, 04:43 PM
He's been well off the mark for several months now.

I think he's struggling big time.

Heisenberg
27-04-2013, 04:50 PM
I'd give Clancy a shot at CH next week. Mcpake seems undroppable though.

KeithTheHibby
27-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Hanlon has never been good enough.

Hibby Bairn
27-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Blah....blah....blah.

How about we work harder to stop the ball coming into the box in the first place especially from the wings?

Hibercelona
27-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Blah....blah....blah.

How about we work harder to stop the ball coming into the box in the first place especially from the wings?

Aye great. Then we just won't have to worry about centre halfs at all. :agree:

Hibby Bairn
27-04-2013, 05:03 PM
At least 2 of their goals came from non-existant to pathetic attempts at getting out to the crosser. Stop that and you don't lose goals in the 6 yard box.

AL-Qaholik
27-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Blah....blah....blah.

Brilliant logic! Maybe we should just play 2 full backs on both sides and then we wouldn't need centre halves at all...

Dearie me.

Beefster
27-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Brilliant logic! Maybe we should just play 2 full backs on both sides and then we wouldn't need centre halves at all...

Dearie me.

That bears no resemblance to what Tory Hibby actually said. He's right that the full-backs often don't do enough to stop crosses getting pumped into our box.

Onion
27-04-2013, 05:11 PM
He's struggling with lack of confidence, but we've all seen that when at his best he's as good as any defender in the SPL.
Fenlon struggles with basic sub decisions when we're getting hammered, so no chance that he'll drop JMcP at this stage.Can only hope he can rediscover some of his earlier form before the CF.

Hibercelona
27-04-2013, 05:12 PM
At least 2 of their goals came from non-existant to pathetic attempts at getting out to the crosser. Stop that and you don't lose goals in the 6 yard box.

You can't stop balls going into the box for 90 minutes.

When an attacker is picking up speed down the wing, it's not always easy to put in a perfectly timed tackle to prevent them from getting the cross in. That's why you need secure centre backs that will sweep up anything that comes into the box.

If you don't have secure centre backs first and foremost, then you're always going to concede goals.

AL-Qaholik
27-04-2013, 05:14 PM
That bears no resemblance to what Tory Hibby actually said. He's right that the full-backs often don't do enough to stop crosses getting pumped into our box.

There is not a team in the world that stops crosses coming into the box for a full game - centre halves are paid to deal with those crosses - ours are utterly incapable of doing so...

Beefster
27-04-2013, 05:16 PM
There is not a team in the world that stops crosses coming into the box for a full game - centre halves are paid to deal with those crosses - ours are utterly incapable of doing so...

Who said that they should be stopping all crosses?

jdships
27-04-2013, 05:18 PM
For me he has never looked a top class centre back - like the curates egg ' good in parts'
I have always felt his ' leadership qualities ' overshadowed hi talent as footballer
He's been really awful since the turn of the year

frazeHFC
27-04-2013, 05:19 PM

In your opinion, I completely disagree.

DaveF
27-04-2013, 05:19 PM
McPake looks uninterested and his body language is very poor. If he can't summon the desire to drive the team on with a cup final looming then we have big problems. That said, the poster above has a point. Teale had acres of room for the first goal as Hanlon and McGivern we cauggt miles upfield. For the third, Teale skipped past a static Handling before crossing.

We need to work harder on cutting them out at source and make less individual errrors.

Hibby Bairn
27-04-2013, 05:23 PM
There were two players out to Teale I think on the right wing but he still had 3 yards of space to get ball over in between them

Then for their 3rd goal I am afraid Handling has to do better at defending. Far too easily beat.

Did McPake not put in an initial goal saving tackle on Thompson before they finally scored?

Cropley10
27-04-2013, 05:25 PM
McPake at one end and Doyle at the other. That's the problem

Hibercelona
27-04-2013, 05:26 PM
It's his back that's the problem.

He doesn't lack any fight, desire or leadership qualities, he just can't physically produce the performance's that he could when he first came here.

It doesn't matter how hard he tries.

Heisenberg
27-04-2013, 05:28 PM
McPake at one end and Doyle at the other. That's the problem

Doyle couldn't even make a decent connection on the ball today. Missed a sitter and generally can't hold the ball up to save himself. Just quite a poor all round player.

PerfectlyFranck
27-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Our defence is utterly shocking. The number of weak goals conceded this season that have come straight through the centre of our defence is beyond a joke.

Wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if every defender at ER left this summer. None of them have performed consistently well this season.

Thank god we've had Ben Williams this season.

Obviously, the ball should've been away ling beforehand but I think Williams should've had the 2nd and 3rd. He was just as lethargic as the defence.

Pretty Boy
27-04-2013, 05:34 PM
The crosses into the box point is a fair one.

What concerns me far more about McPake is the 20 yard charges towards balls he has no hope of winning. A forward with half a brain just uses his strength and lays the ball back and suddenly we have a gaping hole in the middle of our defence whilst captain slow labours back. On occasion he will get back and make a good tackle that will earn a big cheer as it's lost on most folk that the tackle should never have had to have been made.

Thompson made him look stupid at times today, Higdon showed up his shortcomings embarassingly obviously in the humping at Fir Park and even a 1st division player ran him ragged until he tired a couple of weeks ago.

Aldo
27-04-2013, 05:37 PM

Ah not a Hanlon fan and doubt you ever will be. By far the best CH at the club.

Excellent on Mon V the sheep. If I am being honest McPake needs to be dropped.

McGivern at CH and Lewis to LB??

Big decisions for PF.

Sir David Gray
27-04-2013, 05:43 PM
His runs into the opposition's half with the ball are really worrying and when he loses possession (which happens more often than not) it leaves us really exposed at the back if the opposition counter attack with pace.

Some of the goals we've been leaking recently have been a joke.

Hiber-nation
27-04-2013, 05:45 PM
What do we do then? When Hanlon and McGivern were at CB that was a disaster and we can't play Clancy there as that would mean playing Maybury at RB which just isn't an option.

lord bunberry
27-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Why single out mckpake the whole defence were shocking today, mcgivern particularly had a bad game

hibee_girl
What do we do then? When Hanlon and McGivern were at CB that was a disaster and we can't play Clancy there as that would mean playing Maybury at RB which just isn't an option.

Why not Maybury at RB? He did a lot better today than Clancy has done the past few weeks!

Aldo
Attack as a team defend as a team

Aldo
27-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Why not Maybury at RB? He did a lot better today than Clancy has done the past few weeks!

I would have Maybury at RB as he's done really well IMHO when he has played and even got forward.

Hiber-nation
27-04-2013, 05:52 PM
I would have Maybury at RB as he's done really well IMHO when he has played and even got forward.

Sorry, I just don't think he has it any more and we need the height as we're sadly lacking in that area.

Bristolhibby
The crosses into the box point is a fair one.

What concerns me far more about McPake is the 20 yard charges towards balls he has no hope of winning. A forward with half a brain just uses his strength and lays the ball back and suddenly we have a gaping hole in the middle of our defence whilst captain slow labours back. On occasion he will get back and make a good tackle that will earn a big cheer as it's lost on most folk that the tackle should never have had to have been made.

Thompson made him look stupid at times today, Higdon showed up his shortcomings embarassingly obviously in the humping at Fir Park and even a 1st division player ran him ragged until he tired a couple of weeks ago.

This. Was discussing the same thing after the semi.

We all love him making Colin Hendry brave heart blocks. But this just masks the fact that a lot of the time he is just in the wrong place and has to make those tackles to make up for poor decision making.

J

SteveHFC

Bring Back Thierry Gathuessi

martin63
27-04-2013, 05:53 PM

He has been the most consistent defender all season so less of the bottom burps please

ancient hibee
27-04-2013, 05:56 PM
McGivern wasn't prepared to get tight on Teale-once St Mirren realised just about every ball went down that wing.I thought that the way defenders shouted at Caldwell after the third goal was disgraceful paricularly the way they had been performing.

JennaFletcher
27-04-2013, 06:00 PM
He doesn't seem happy these days! I think it is affecting his play big time...

Hibernia Na Eir
27-04-2013, 06:03 PM
hooper will take the piss

greenlex
27-04-2013, 06:07 PM
We haven't had a settled back 4 all season. This doesn't help. Both McPake and Handling have had different full backs nearly every game they have been fortunate enough to play together. Chopping and changing isnt helping for whatever reason. I thought we were weak at defending the ball intoo the box several times in the second half. This was a deliberate change of tactic by St Mirren after they brought on Parkin. We just couldnt cope with it. I wouldnt sinlge out any player or players but the inexperience of both Handling and Harris contributed to this.

broon hut
27-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Utter drivel As usual on this site all about blame - drives me nuts Do you really think its a good idea to drop the captain?

hibee_girl
27-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Utter drivel As usual on this site all about blame - drives me nuts Do you really think its a good idea to drop the captain?

Yes. Just because he's captain doesn't mean he should get away with playing crap!

Treadstone
27-04-2013, 06:10 PM

Should a captain be undroppable ?

Alfred E Newman
27-04-2013, 06:11 PM

Don't agree . I thought we looked more solid at the back wnen Hanlon and McGivern were together. Did they not play together when we knocked Hearts out the cup and beat Celtic with clean sheets?

ancient hibee
27-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Don't agree . I thought we looked more solid at the back wnen Hanlon and McGivern were together. Did they not play together when we knocked Hearts out the cup and beat Celtic with clean sheets?

Don't think it's right that you should use facts to prove a point.

MSK
27-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Utter drivel As usual on this site all about blame - drives me nuts Do you really think its a good idea to drop the captain?Players in other positions get dropped so why no our Captain at CH ..or is he untouchable ?

DaveF
27-04-2013, 06:15 PM

McPake played against Celtic.

Bishop Hibee
27-04-2013, 06:18 PM
We need to bring half a dozen players to the club in the summer and a CH is one of them.

Alfred E Newman
27-04-2013, 06:22 PM
McPake played against Celtic.
Fair enough.

hibsbollah
27-04-2013, 06:22 PM
This time last year McPake was the best thing to happen to the club. Every other thread was about how VITAL it was to keep him, how Petrie had to make changes to the wage structure, build the team around him, etc. Keeping Griffiths was an afterthought. Just shows how much can change in a short time.

frazeHFC
27-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Give one of the youngsters a shot next week in defence? Forster and Donaldson both meant to be good would like to see what they have to offer, certainly can't be worse than some of our defensive performances of late.

Devilstorment
27-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Its a difficult one, the obvious answer is prevent the ball going in and you wont concede but i think thats a side point. Balls will always end up in the box one way or the other, what we do when they get in their is just as important. Right now every time the ball gets in to the box be it from the wing or through the middle we look like conceding.

McPake looks injured and Hanlon looks unfit, I'd prefer Hanlon to keep playing to build up his sharpness and think Pat should drop McPake citing injury or fatigue and try and give him a rest before the final.

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2013, 06:33 PM
i remember a poster on here who was perfectly serious about the club showing some ambition and to splash out 10K/week to get McPake signed up after he went back to coventry(McPake,not the poster) and he said i was a drama queen for stating it would bankrupt our club :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
27-04-2013, 06:37 PM
i remember a poster on here who was perfectly serious about the club showing some ambition and to splash out 10K/week to get McPake signed up after he went back to coventry(McPake,not the poster) and he said i was a drama queen for stating it would bankrupt our club :rolleyes:

Which only serves to prove that I'm not the only slaister on here :greengrin

McPake has been poor for a while. A wee rest before the CF might just wake him up a bit

Devilstorment
27-04-2013, 06:43 PM
It was murmured at the time, but usually shot down. But are we perhaps seeing that McPake was the best of a bad bunch at Hibs last year?

CapitalHibs
27-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Give one of the youngsters a shot next week in defence? Forster and Donaldson both meant to be good would like to see what they have to offer, certainly can't be worse than some of our defensive performances of late.

I agree with this! It's working good with Harris, Handling and Caldwell, Both Forster and Donaldson can play right back or in the middle IIRC. Get them ready Give them all a start for a Cup Final place. We're odds on to get tanked anyway Don't think the laddies would let us down on the big stage and we would be guaranteed 100% effort.

neil7908
27-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Its a difficult one, the obvious answer is prevent the ball going in and you wont concede but i think thats a side point. Balls will always end up in the box one way or the other, what we do when they get in their is just as important. Right now every time the ball gets in to the box be it from the wing or through the middle we look like conceding.

McPake looks injured and Hanlon looks unfit, I'd prefer Hanlon to keep playing to build up his sharpness and think Pat should drop McPake citing injury or fatigue and try and give him a rest before the final.

This is spot on. I do think sometimes crosses get into our box far too easily but ultimately over 90 minutes in the SPL balls will end up in the box. And right now I have no confidence in our defence dealing with them. We've lost far, far too many goals as a direct result of crosses this season.

silverhibee
27-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Wage thief, get rid. :aok:

hibsbollah
27-04-2013, 07:10 PM
It was murmured at the time, but usually shot down. But are we perhaps seeing that McPake was the best of a bad bunch at Hibs last year?

No. He's a quality player, last season proved that. He's either in a spectacularly long slump in form, has some personal issues, or he's playing through pain, whether his back or something else I don't know. There's no doubt he can be an excellent player again.

Billy Whizz
27-04-2013, 07:11 PM
I think Fenlon needs to make a big decision on him now

MSK
Wage thief, get rid. :aok:Och stop it ..9706

lord bunberry
Wage thief, get rid. :aok:

You can't be serious

JimBHibees
27-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Got to be said to me there was a wafer between how badly both centre halfs failed to deal with cross balls and physicality in the second half.

Onion
27-04-2013, 07:20 PM
McPake looks uninterested and his body language is very poor. If he can't summon the desire to drive the team on with a cup final looming then we have big problems. That said, the poster above has a point. Teale had acres of room for the first goal as Hanlon and McGivern we cauggt miles upfield. For the third, Teale skipped past a static Handling before crossing.

We need to work harder on cutting them out at source and make less individual errrors.

Interesting, I'd say the opposite. IMHO McPake has CARRIED a lot of responsibility for last May on his shoulders and has struggled with the burden. He knows how much that match meant and the impact it had on the club and Hibs fans. He's one of the few that really did. IMHO he's just under incredible pressure which has got the better of him.

He's a terrific captain and can be a great player/motivator but has just let the whole Scottish Cup thing get the better of him - you could see that fom his Semifinal performance. We need to support the guy, not drop him and just hope he rediscovers his self-belief. There would be no prouder Hibs captain than McPake if he was to lift the Cup for us.

hibsbollah
27-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Interesting, I'd say the opposite. IMHO McPake has CARRIED a lot of responsibility for last May on his shoulders and has struggled with the burden. He knows how much that match meant and the impact it had on the club and Hibs fans. He's one of the few that really did. IMHO he's just under incredible pressure which has got the better of him.

He's a terrific captain and can be a great player/motivator but has just let the whole Scottish Cup thing get the better of him - you could see that fom his Semifinal performance. We need to support the guy, not drop him and just hope he rediscovers his self-belief. There would be no prouder Hibs captain than McPake if he was to lift the Cup for us.

Good post:top marks he definitely cares. I can't believe anyone could doubt his commitment.

allmodcons
27-04-2013, 07:31 PM
What a thoroughly depressing thread! We are 4 weeks out from a cup final and it 'lets have a pop at our captain' time. Does nobody on here ever look to take positives from games?
Comments like 'wage thief' are just plain embarrassing. Get real FFS.

hibee_girl
27-04-2013, 07:32 PM
What a thoroughly depressing thread! We are 4 weeks out from a cup final and it 'lets have a pop at our captain' time. Does nobody on ever look to take positives from games?
I mean 'wage thief'. Get real.

I think there's a different between having a pop and just being honest about the performances we see him from.

neilmartinrocks
27-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Mcpake looks like he cuild dae wi a rest. He looked well out of it the day and kept gettin caught out. Couple o weeks of feet up time imo.

silverhibee
27-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Och stop it ..9706

Didn't see any complaints when it was been thrown in GOC direction last season, he had a poor 2nd half to the end of his season and that comment was directed at him a number of times on here from folk, McPake has been just as bad this 2nd half to the season, he looks unfit and uninterested, a bit like GOC in his last spell at Hibs, is our captain untouchable.

allmodcons
27-04-2013, 07:39 PM
I think there's a different between having a pop and just being honest about the performances we see him from.

Read the thread. Some seem happy 'having a pop'. It's the exact same at games where a large percentage of our 'fans' can't wait to get 'tore in' to their own team. IMO it's no wonder our home form is so poor.

JimBHibees
27-04-2013, 07:39 PM
No one is untouchable and his form is poor however not sure we have an option.

JimBHibees
27-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Read the thread. Some seem happy 'having a pop'. It's the exact same at games where a large percentage of our 'fans' can't wait to get 'tore in' to their own team. IMO it's no wonder our home form is so poor.

Agree very quick to get on teams back, doesnt help.

silverhibee
27-04-2013, 07:43 PM
My comment was stoopid, feel free to delete admins, his form is very worrying though. :aok:

GreenCastle
27-04-2013, 07:46 PM
I would rest him :agree:

When he came to the club he was a different player - his form since Xmas has been poor and while he is the club captain - I am really struggling to work out his leadership and his body language really looks like he's strangely not interested at times - compare this to last season when he was getting the crowd going - vocal - and really leading by example and going after everything.

I don't know what's happened or whether he is playing with an injury but with a better keeper and defense alongside him - you think he would become even better.

McGivern / Hanlon combination is decent and plays higher up the pitch - today we sat back and invited pressure far too often.

Stevenson can do a job at left back or even bring Clancy into his natural position or right back.

Even if it was a kick up the arse to McPake if he think's he's undroppable you may get a reaction and a top performance from him in the cup final basically saying don't leave me out to Fenlon. Samaras or Hooper against McPake worries me right now.

stoneyburn hibs
27-04-2013, 07:48 PM
The two centre backs were culpable today, we should have won that at a canter. Our captain has been pretty poor of late, could it be that when last season and actually tried/showed a bit in a woeful team, that we are making him out to be better than he actually is ? Don't hear much shouting from him and his positional sense is awful

HH81
27-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Very average defender. I mentioned other week he should be dropped, no one agreed and i stick by it.

I did not see the game today though.

Lang Toun Hibs
27-04-2013, 08:04 PM
I like McPake, he's still a big player for us but is it only me that's noticed that he seems to have adopted the 'Derek Riordan' approach to motivating his colleagues? He seems all too keen to moan, drop the head (whilst shaking it) instead of getting right in about players making sure they're up for it? He doesn't seem to be leading like he used to and I think other players look to him to set the tone. In my view he needs to lead by example and look as busy and as enthused as possible but over recent months I think he looks too relaxed and tries to portray a 'I'm strolling through this game' image when that's not often the case. Come on James, get your head up and lift that cup!

Pretty Boy
27-04-2013, 08:43 PM
No. He's a quality player, last season proved that. He's either in a spectacularly long slump in form, has some personal issues, or he's playing through pain, whether his back or something else I don't know. There's no doubt he can be an excellent player again.

Is he a quality player?

He's a battler no doubt and I wouldn't question his commitment butbi see very little of the attributes in him I would expect in a qulity defender.

Compare him to Russell Anderson, a quality defender at SPL level, how easy did Anderson make defending look on Monday night? Good defenders make defending look easy because they read the game and see what's going on around them and position themselves accordinglt. McPake makes defending look very, very difficult.

macd123
27-04-2013, 08:43 PM
We have a very young and slight midfield and attack. Without clancy, we have 3 players who can head the ball effectively. Most other teams have 5 or 6 so at every set piece we get mismatches.
We desperately need a target man for BOTH ends of the pitch!

JimBHibees
27-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Is he a quality player?

He's a battler no doubt and I wouldn't question his commitment butbi see very little of the attributes in him I would expect in a qulity defender.

Compare him to Russell Anderson, a quality defender at SPL level, how easy did Anderson make defending look on Monday night? Good defenders make defending look easy because they read the game and see what's going on around them and position themselves accordinglt. McPake makes defending look very, very difficult.

Agree good defenders usually dont need to be flying and making desperate tackles and blocks. Webster does the same sort of job by good positioning and reading the game while not having great pace.

MWHIBBIES
27-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Strolled through the first hour, struggled late on but everyone at the back did.

Paisley Hibby
27-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Ah not a Hanlon fan and doubt you ever will be. By far the best CH at the club.

Excellent on Mon V the sheep. If I am being honest McPake needs to be dropped.

McGivern at CH and Lewis to LB??

Big decisions for PF.

This :agree:

Devilstorment
27-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Agree good defenders usually dont need to be flying and making desperate tackles and blocks. Webster does the same sort of job by good positioning and reading the game while not having great pace.

I agree with this, McPake always looks as though he is making last ditch stuff. Today he was practically pushing Maybury out the way so he could get a last ditch tackle in. I know a lot of folk have a go at Maybury but the idea that McPake was pushing him out the way so that he could slide in is laughable to me

I dont doubt his passion, but lately he has been a liability for us. I dont know if he is carrying an injury but is being to proud to admit it. Maybe a rest for a couple of games would do him good

Waxy
27-04-2013, 09:07 PM
A rest is surely top option now.
Play him in the derby as a sub
Then from the start in the final

jdships
27-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Very average defender. I mentioned other week he should be dropped, no one agreed and i stick by it.

I did not see the game today though.

:agree::thumbsup:

Northernhibee
27-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know what wages he is on in relation to the rest of the squad?

Have a horrible feeling that he'll turn out to be the new Michael Hart; would be fine if paid as a rotation option but certainly not as highest paid (if he is).

Although Michael Hart was total pish and not fine, but you get what I'm on about :greengrin

DH1875
27-04-2013, 10:22 PM

YES. I do :agree:. Send him away for a couple of weeks in the sun for a rest.

Onceinawhile
27-04-2013, 10:28 PM
I would rest him but not drop him, make sure he knows It's a wee rest. Bring him back for the Dundee game. Still our best cb.

ehf
28-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Doyle couldn't even make a decent connection on the ball today. Missed a sitter and generally can't hold the ball up to save himself. Just quite a poor all round player.

Agreed. Their first goal came right after Doyle had an easy chance to make it 2-0, and their second stemmed from Doyle giving the ball away: McPake needs to lay off the sauce, though, and get a grip of himself.

mikewynne
28-04-2013, 02:40 AM

Couldn't agree more, I suspect his back has been troubling him for a while and he's playing through it.

Hibby 2005
28-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Blah....blah....blah.

In a nutshell. McPake and Hanlon are ok but we've not had a decent LB/RB combination all season, at least ones who can defend!

Prawn Sandwich
28-04-2013, 07:07 AM
None of the back four could cope with a big 32 year old journeyman centre forward, namely Sam Parki when he came on.

They were all shouting to the bench to ask who should pick him up.

Sorry, but for me McPake has not been at the races for what ever reason for too long now and should be dropped. Clancy is simply not fit and was woefull for the whole of the semi final. A combination of the remainder of the defenders would be the only choice now even though that's not exactly great either.

Maybury - Hanlon - McGivern - Wee Lewis

Renfrew_Hibby
28-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Not read the thread but as i see it we can't defend set pieces for love nor money or any ball that comes in from wide areas, can we just try picking men up, staying tight and at least atempting to win headers. F... sake i'm a 5' 6" midget and couldn't do any worse!

Hermit Crab
28-04-2013, 08:07 AM
How dreadful does he have to be to get dropped??
Unbelievable the amount of backing he seems to get despite constant amateurish performances...

I raised this a few months ago and got slated for it, (although I did call him James mistake.) He's been poor for weeks now surely dropping him will show he's not untouchable. Every one of those players are playing for a cup final place but it doesn't appear that they are bothered apart from Griffiths Claros and taiwo.

lucky
28-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Whist McPake has been poor, I think the problem is at full back. We lose too many goals from LB when Mcgirven is playing their. He is a CH. Play LS at LB and.choose between 3 for CH positions.

Beefster
28-04-2013, 08:46 AM
I hope no-one who has been slaughtering our captain on this thread gives it the big "lets all be ultra-positive about the cup final" in the next month. Threads like this about certain cup final starters do far more damage than someone saying "I don't think we'll win the cup final" IMHO.

Hibby Bairn
28-04-2013, 08:54 AM
I would play Wotherspoon at RB over next three games as a potential starter for cup final in that position. Clancy and Maybury are not fit/quick enough or good enough on the ball.

I would play Stevenson at LB. Why he was dropped yesterday after a clean sheet on Monday is a mystery.

Devilstorment
28-04-2013, 08:54 AM
I am not slaughtering anyone, but maintain he needs a rest. It's been a long season and he has played most games. I think he is a bit jaded.

Other than finishing above the Hearts, the remaining league games are of low importance. till the Dundee game i would play right to left

Donaldson/Clancy - Hanlon - McGivern - Stevenson

Viva_Palmeiras
28-04-2013, 09:05 AM
I hope no-one who has been slaughtering our captain on this thread gives it the big "lets all be ultra-positive about the cup final" in the next month. Threads like this about certain cup final starters do far more damage than someone saying "I don't think we'll win the cup final" IMHO.

The Internet is a blessing and a curse full of yams, celts and wind up merchants. Almost not worth the paper it's not written on :)

Beefster
28-04-2013, 09:07 AM
The Internet is a blessing and a curse full of yams, celts and wind up merchants. Almost not worth the paper it's not written on :)

Except for lolcats. They make it all worthwhile!

Andy74
28-04-2013, 09:09 AM

Really? Surely what's being discussed is the best option to give ourselves the opportunity to win the final.

That's quite different form the relentless nonsense from some that no matter what we won't win and are just turning up for a nice day out.

Jones28
In your opinion, I completely disagree.

Likewise

Utter rubbish

hibee_girl

People are only being honest, are we just supposed to ignore the fact he's been awful for months now?

clerriehibs
28-04-2013, 09:17 AM

:top marks

There were similar outrageous threads before the semi ... no wonder falkirk pissed on us for the first 45.

neilmartinrocks
28-04-2013, 09:44 AM

There were similar outrageous threads before the semi ... no wonder falkirk pissed on us for the first 45.

Nah. the bairns pissed all over us coz we were ***** for the first 45

neil7908
28-04-2013, 09:44 AM
I personally think for the Dundee and probably even Killmarnock games we should be resting anyone who needs it. That includes vital players like Griffiths, Claros, Harris (I know its early days but we currently have no one else in midfield who can beat players like him), McPake etc.

Points are still important as of course we should be looking to finish higher up the league for the prestige aswell as the money. But if someone like McPake is even slightly struggling with an injury he shoud be in cotton wool s I do think he has not been in the best of form at times this season and if an on going injury is even suspected as bein the reason for this we cant take any risks.

We've seen Harris Handling and now Caldwell come in and do a job for us, for me this is the perfect time to give a few of the other young guys we've seen in the squad a chance.

cleanyman
28-04-2013, 09:59 AM
I actually think Clancy is slower than Maybury....I like both players but Clancy is so far off the pace right now.

As for McPake, give him a week off Paddy as he hasn't been very good.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2013, 10:00 AM

What a load of nonsense.

Whats the excuse for the other 15-20 games on our current horrendois run of results?

If James McPake is satisfied with his level of performance then he shouldn't be. If some fans making a few fair points about his perfromances, there hasn't been much in the way of personal abuse, is having a detrimental effect on his performances then he needs to grow a thicker skin.

HFC 0-7
28-04-2013, 10:05 AM
There were two players out to Teale I think on the right wing but he still had 3 yards of space to get ball over in between them

Then for their 3rd goal I am afraid Handling has to do better at defending. Far too easily beat.

Did McPake not put in an initial goal saving tackle on Thompson before they finally scored?

1 player not doing their job doesnt excuse others from doing their own job. CH's are there to deal with crosses into the box, the fact the cross could be stopped doesnt make a difference. McPake has been found wanting many times this season, and IMO he is looking more and more suspect as games go on, whether he is carrying an injury or not I do not know. Simply highlighting that McPake done one good thing doesnt excuse him from doing many things wrong in a game. he is our captain, an experienced player but at the moment he looks out of position a lot and panicky when the ball come his way, his fresh air swipe yesterday showing it.

clerriehibs
28-04-2013, 10:15 AM
What a load of nonsense.

Whats the excuse for the other 15-20 games on our current horrendois run of results?

If James McPake is satisfied with his level of performance then he shouldn't be. If some fans making a few fair points about his perfromances, there hasn't been much in the way of personal abuse, is having a detrimental effect on his performances then he needs to grow a thicker skin.

Suggesting McPake may be satisfied is *****-stirring, or show us where he's said that.

This kind of thread always results in more than a few posting significantly less than fair points. Often as not utter ****, really.

There always has to be a victim, it seems. Usually Wotherspoon, Maybury, Stevenson ...

If you think trashing our players on the internet, which feeds the trashing they get from the stands, doesn't have a negative effect on them, that's your humble opinion. If you think it doesn't give the opposition a bit of a boost, then that's your humble opinion.

My humble opinion is that your humble opinion is a load of nonsense.

Beefster
28-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Really? Surely what's being discussed is the best option to give ourselves the opportunity to win the final.

That's quite different form the relentless nonsense from some that no matter what we won't win and are just turning up for a nice day out.

McPake is a certain starter for the cup final. So what's happening is that we have a multi-page thread talking about how pish our cup final captain is. Motivational.

Folk arguing against Fenlon being Hibs manager could argue that they're only debating the best option for the club, couldn't they?

People are only being honest, are we just supposed to ignore the fact he's been awful for months now?

I've no objection to people being honest. I just don't like people being hypocritical. If we're allowed to be honest about players, surely anyone can be honest about their predictions/opinion for the cup final?

The Voice Of Reason
28-04-2013, 10:21 AM

:faf:

Even by your standards, an astonishingly ridiculous post !

"Outrageous" posts on Hibs.Net were the reason that Falkirk were winning 3-0 at HT :aok:

:crazy:

The Voice Of Reason
28-04-2013, 10:24 AM
I actually think Clancy is slower than Maybury....I like both players but Clancy is so far off the pace right now.

As for McPake, give him a week off Paddy as he hasn't been very good.

Clancy needs games - he has been out for a while and needs game time to get match fit.

As for McPake, he doesn't look fit to me - not sure if it is his back or something else that is the problem:confused:

Winston Ingram
28-04-2013, 10:46 AM
He's not been at his best but no where near as bad as some of the drama queens on here are making out

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2013, 11:06 AM
I would play Wotherspoon at RB over next three games as a potential starter for cup final in that position. Clancy and Maybury are not fit/quick enough or good enough on the ball.

I would play Stevenson at LB. Why he was dropped yesterday after a clean sheet on Monday is a mystery.Maybury was fine Yesterday, do not think that Goncalves beat him even once, Wotherspoon is not a right back and proved that when he played there, was targeted every week. A full backs first job is to be able to defend and both of ours do that better than Wotherspoon.

clerriehibs
28-04-2013, 11:07 AM
:faf:

Even by your standards, an astonishingly ridiculous post !

"Outrageous" posts on Hibs.Net were the reason that Falkirk were winning 3-0 at HT :aok:

:crazy:

"astonishingly", that's not what I said.

The Voice Of Reason
28-04-2013, 11:09 AM
"astonishingly", that's not what I said.

A number of us must have picked you up wrongly then - apologies. :aok:

Can you please clarify what you did say then?

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2013, 11:13 AM

Give him time, he's having trouble finding reverse.

The Voice Of Reason
28-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Give him time, he's having trouble finding reverse.

Indeed - tick, tock.............I wait his response.

clerriehibs
28-04-2013, 11:17 AM

Given the ripping our players take on here from some "fans", which can and does transfer to a ripping from the stands, it's no wonder our players can be like frightened rabbits, making it easier for the opposition.

But if ripping into the players is your bag, fill your boots, because a bit of commonsense is lost on that type of person.

clerriehibs
28-04-2013, 11:20 AM
4 mins ... Where's the voice of phannies?

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Given the ripping our players take on here from some "fans", which can and does transfer to a ripping from the stands, it's no wonder our players can be like frightened rabbits, making it easier for the opposition.

But if ripping into the players is your bag, fill your boots, because a bit of commonsense is lost on that type of person.

Right I've just had another nap.

So let me see, the semi final started off with a massive Hibs support right behind the team, we go 1,2,& 3-0 down, the boos start, people leave and the jeers and moans from the crowd get louder. We then come out in the second half and storm back to win! I can't equate any of that to your original post of "no wonder we we went 3-0 down" or something similar to that.

KWJ
28-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Just watched the highlights and he's lucky he wasn't sent off at Saints first goal. Shocking challenge on Thompson that should've been a pen and probably a red.

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2013, 11:28 AM
4 mins ... Where's the voice of phannies? Oh yes I hear it now, I'm talking to myself.

Don't be too hard on yourself.

The Voice Of Reason
28-04-2013, 11:29 AM

You've really hurt my feelings with your well thought out, ingenious post :boo hoo:

:hahaha::clown:

Treadstone
28-04-2013, 11:31 AM

Aye that would be the reason.:hilarious

Scouse Hibee
28-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Anyway back to the point, MC Pake hasn't been brilliant but then again there are plenty of others who haven't covered themselves in glory either. Lets get behind them all and hope that the eleven that start the final all play to their potential and win us the cup, nothing else really matters.

The Voice Of Reason
28-04-2013, 11:38 AM

I don't "rip into" the players at the games and I think the fans have been very good with the players this season. The fans were right behind the team at the semi - and Falkirk strolled into a 3-0 lead.

"Frightened rabbits".............oh please, stop it.

The Voice Of Reason
28-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Aye that would be the reason.:hilarious

Don't waste your energy mate - the guy is first class village idiot ! :clown::crazy:

MSK
28-04-2013, 11:56 AM

Don't waste your energy mate - the guy is first class village idiot ! :clown::crazy:Come on guy's play nice ..someone could end up hurt wi those flying hand bags ..:aok:

LioNeilMessi
28-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Come on guy's play nice ..someone could end up hurt wi those flying hand bags ..:aok:

Yup this thread is for bashing McPake not each other :greengrin

Brightside
28-04-2013, 12:01 PM
McGivern was the worst player on the park by a country mile. The fact that our best player (Harris) spent most of his time covering for him was the reason we got beat. Shocking performance.

CropleyWasGod
28-04-2013, 12:02 PM
McGivern was the worst player on the park by a country mile. The fact that our best player (Harris) spent most of his time covering for him was the reason we got beat. Shocking performance.

Did you leave before the end?

Brightside
28-04-2013, 12:12 PM
haha slip up in my hungover state...... i never leave. (But it felt like a defeat - just like the aberdeen game) on the mcpake issue Ive no idea why he is captain. You never hear a peep out of him on the park.

The Voice Of Reason
28-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Come on guy's play nice ..someone could end up hurt wi those flying hand bags ..:aok:

Or dummytits !

Tee hee !

Devilstorment
28-04-2013, 01:00 PM
haha slip up in my hungover state...... i never leave. (But it felt like a defeat - just like the aberdeen game) on the mcpake issue Ive no idea why he is captain. You never hear a peep out of him on the park.

You still at Easter Road? thats commitment!

Devilstorment
28-04-2013, 01:09 PM
I dont think that there has been much said about McPake that is insulting to him. For the most part, people seem to be saying he just needs a rest.