PDA

View Full Version : Pre-cup final messages to the team

25-04-2013, 04:43 PM
If I remember correctly, before last years cup final the club set up some kind of message thing where the fans could send in messages and they would be read out to the team. Will there be a similar type thing before this years cup final? Thought it was quite a good idea TBH, let the squad know we are behind them and just how much winning the final would mean to us etc. Mind you they should already know all that without being told but good idea all the same.

:flag:

NOLA
25-04-2013, 04:50 PM
didnt make any difference last year did it, id think it adds more pressure on the players, just my opinion.

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Turn up or we will ****in' kill you !!!

Big_Franck
25-04-2013, 04:52 PM
didnt make any difference last year did it, id think it adds more pressure on the players, just my opinion.

I agree, i think it does add pressure. No need for it IMO. I am sure we will be able to do something similar IF we win.

davcar
25-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Turn up and F'ing win this Cup and be Legends and give your supporters their day, they deserve it!! End off!!

Waxy
25-04-2013, 05:49 PM
They know how much it means to us.
Get Pat to take the whole team along porty beach like we did before the final in 1902.
Might work.

PerfectlyFranck
25-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Just send them a video of AEK Athens' penultimate game of the season. :aok:

DH1875
25-04-2013, 07:36 PM
If we're gonna lose then we're gonna lose. Better teams than us have been beat of them. All I ask is that we do it with a bit of heart, fight and spirit.
That said, we've beat them before and we'll beat them again so get the finger out, get in about them and bring that cup back to ER.

Pretty Boy
25-04-2013, 07:39 PM
If the team goes out and plays with heart, fight and desire then i'll be happy.

I can take getting beat if we play with pride, what I can't take is a capitulation like last year.

No messages needed imo, they should know what it means and the likes of Thomson and Griffiths will make sure others do whilst McPake, Claros, Hanlon et al must know they have a point to prove after last year.

lucky
25-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Remember last year and go and make yourselves legends #GGTTH

hibee92
25-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Get an early night. Even if there's a really good film on. :agree:

lord bunberry
25-04-2013, 07:50 PM
We know were you live

Northernhibee
25-04-2013, 08:21 PM
If you come off that pitch in a state beyond exhausted, having given every drop of sweat in your body for the cause, you will be heroes win lose or draw. In that respect there is little pressure on you.

What you can achieve is something even higher than the accolade of a hero, each and every player can become a legend. In 2050 you can have the fans singing songs about Harris pelting down the wing, Claros dominating the midfield, McPake the cup winning captain, Sparky the man who broke the hoodoo and won the cup for his childhood team.

Each and every player has the power to do what Sauzee couldn't, what Riordan couldn't, what George Best couldn't what the famous five couldn't, what Turnbull's Tornadoes couldn't, what Eduarto Hurtado couldn't. They have the power to put the spring in the clubs step, the power to put the sunshine on Leith.

What I would say to the players is that there is no pressure on them, as long as they give the most they've ever given on a football pitch they will be a hero in my eyes no matter what. Who knows, each and every player is ninety minutes away from being a legend.

Glory Glory to the ****in' Hibees.

bod
25-04-2013, 10:50 PM
if we win, we win

Jones28
25-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Don't be fannies.

erin-go-bragh87
26-04-2013, 06:19 AM
If you come off that pitch in a state beyond exhausted, having given every drop of sweat in your body for the cause, you will be heroes win lose or draw. In that respect there is little pressure on you.

What you can achieve is something even higher than the accolade of a hero, each and every player can become a legend. In 2050 you can have the fans singing songs about Harris pelting down the wing, Claros dominating the midfield, McPake the cup winning captain, Sparky the man who broke the hoodoo and won the cup for his childhood team.

Each and every player has the power to do what Sauzee couldn't, what Riordan couldn't, what George Best couldn't what the famous five couldn't, what Turnbull's Tornadoes couldn't, what Eduarto Hurtado couldn't. They have the power to put the spring in the clubs step, the power to put the sunshine on Leith.

What I would say to the players is that there is no pressure on them, as long as they give the most they've ever given on a football pitch they will be a hero in my eyes no matter what. Who knows, each and every player is ninety minutes away from being a legend.

Brilliant. Get this read out before kick off!!

Hibrandenburg
26-04-2013, 06:34 AM
"Do you want an easy or difficult calendar signing session next year?"

Jones28
26-04-2013, 08:11 AM

Forget what I said, this is it :agree:

mikethehibee69
26-04-2013, 10:00 AM
:thumbsup::top marks Actually got goosebumps reading this!!!!!:wink: Cmon bring this ruddy thing home!!!! GGTTH

Keith_M
26-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Neil Lennon told me he had all your Burds!

murraymckirdy
30-04-2013, 01:49 PM

Glory Glory to the ****in' Hibees. :not worth:not worth:top marks:flag::flag:spot on mate!

heretoday
30-04-2013, 01:53 PM
The least said the better I reckon. They'd have to be thick as planks not to know how the support feels after the debacle last year. Mind you.....

Oscar T Grouch
30-04-2013, 02:37 PM

:top marksTHis has to be read out to the team before the final. Quality NH pure quality :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
30-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Even if you get humped 6-0, dont get too down on yourselves. Its only a game after all, and George St. will still be there :aok:

hibee92
30-04-2013, 03:54 PM
I will personally buy each player one sweetie of their choice if they win. And a bag of crisps if they score. :aok:

Dan Sarf
30-04-2013, 05:03 PM
I will personally buy each player one sweetie of their choice if they win. And a bag of crisps if they score. :aok:

Who are these sweeties? Have they agreed to this?

Phil D. Rolls
30-04-2013, 05:28 PM
We know where you live. :gun:

Squealing pig
30-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Gie the baw too sparky!!

Onion
30-04-2013, 06:26 PM

Exactly what I was thinking too.

Tell you what, let's make a list of all the things we've tried to do to help the team in the last 9 Scottish Cup Finals (and which have failed miserably) and let's AVOID them. I'll start by NOT wearing my lucky pants :greengrin

Onion
30-04-2013, 06:30 PM
:not worth:not worth:top marks:flag::flag:spot on mate!

:thumbsup: Ewan McGregor will play the lead role in a remake of Fever Pitch (the Ultimate Cut). What a film the Hibs Story would make :greengrin

hfc rd
30-04-2013, 06:42 PM

Get this read out before kick off. Absolute brilliant message. Sent goosebumps to my body.

hibbypostie
30-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Was at a wedding a month or so after last years final and had the misfortune of being sat at a table with gary cock as I new it would talk of the previous months final started the 2 yams sat with us were loving it as I was about to go to the bar locke was telling them both (by the way none of them new I was a Hibby) locke told them on a daily basis after training they would have a look at hibs.nets threads about the final as it did their team talk for them his quote "look even their own fans don't think they can beat us" sorry to say but when reading hibs.net last may he was right we did their team talk for him LETS NOT DO IT THIS TIME :flag:GGTTH :flag:

Green Cabbage 7
30-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Be brave and give everything you've got, don't believe the media, your just as good if not better than them go and prove it.
:flag::pfgwa