PDA

View Full Version : Early predictions for the final

#FromTheCapital
25-04-2013, 09:36 AM
I know there is still over 4 weeks and 4 more games before the final, and anything could happen regarding injuries/suspensions before the 26th of May. But what do people think the score will be?

We already have an advantage with Wanyama and Kayal (his natural replacement) suspended but lets be honest, Celtic are firm favourites for this game. I am slightly concerned that this years cup run is remarkably similar to last years, we played several teams this year that we played last year and we will face our first top 6 SPL side of the tournament in the final. However I'm definetely feeling a lot more positive about it this year and will go out and enjoy the day to its fullest - win or lose, without the worry of a pink parade after the game.

2-1 Hibs aet with Harris and Sparky with our 2 goals. Although this depends heavily on the good hibs turning up and Celtic bottling it like they have done so many times at Hampden under Neil Lennon :wink:

Jones28
25-04-2013, 09:45 AM
2-2 with Hibs winning on penalties, Alex Harris scoring the winner ;)

spike220
25-04-2013, 09:57 AM
I had a vivid dream two nights ago that we won 8-1 and the celebration was huge.

wearethehibs
25-04-2013, 10:03 AM
4-0 to them. Just cant see us doing anything (had this same feeling last year) really hope Im wrong. I really hope we are still in with a chance with like 20minutes to go. Then anything could happen.

Gatecrasher
25-04-2013, 10:14 AM
2-1 Celtic. I think we will do well but fall short. Sorry to be negitive :(

Sir David Gray
25-04-2013, 10:21 AM
2-1 to the good guys.

Mikey
25-04-2013, 10:22 AM
I had a dream last night that we won 1-0 so that'll do me :cup:

hfc rd
25-04-2013, 10:25 AM
2-0 Celtic. I hope I'm proved wrong but jus got a feeling Celtic ain't going to let this one f*** up.

Mikey
25-04-2013, 10:27 AM
2-2 with Hibs winning on penalties, Alex Harris scoring the winner ;)

Penalties gives me the heebie jeebies. Statistically, we're due a loss :worried:

Liams
25-04-2013, 10:29 AM
I keeep thinkin/feeling we will win 1-0 scoring from a FK

Sparky 1-0

cabbageandribs1875
25-04-2013, 10:31 AM
play like we did in the 1st half v falkirk and i predict the same scoreline as the 1972 SC final v sellick = 6-1 :( and more or less half the attendance that was there in 72 as well(106,000)

JimBHibees
25-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Penalties gives me the heebie jeebies. Statistically, we're due a loss :worried:

I would definitely take that chance now though. :greengrin

JeMeSouviens
25-04-2013, 10:32 AM

Actually statistically speaking, if penalties were genuinely a 50/50 event, the odds of WWWWWWWW are exactly the same as WWWWWWWL. So don't worry.

Anyway, it's not 50/50 because we have Big Ben. :wink:

Mikey
25-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Actually statistically speaking, if penalties were genuinely a 50/50 event, the odds of WWWWWWWW are exactly the same as WWWWWWWL. So don't worry.

Anyway, it's not 50/50 because we have Big Ben. :wink:

Aye, but do they still have Pierce O'Leary? :greengrin

I was at the final where Anton Rogan missed the penalty giving Aberdeen the cup. He probably took the best penalty of the lot as well. Wee shame so it was :cb

scott7_0(Prague)
25-04-2013, 10:50 AM
I am gonna go with us getting beat, as this was my predictions in all previous rounds and seemed to have the desired effect. :aok:

StevieC
25-04-2013, 10:53 AM
The heart says 1-1 and a win on penalties .. head says 3-0 Celtc

JeMeSouviens
25-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Aye, but do they still have Pierce O'Leary? :greengrin

I was at the final where Anton Rogan missed the penalty giving Aberdeen the cup. He probably took the best penalty of the lot as well. Wee shame so it was :cb

Efe Ambrose is the new Pierce O'Leary, you heard it here first. :wink:

I was at that final too, in the Aberdeen end next to a clump of undercover Tims. Wind up central. :greengrin

Bristolhibby
25-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Cant see us getting anything out of this one.

My confidence has taken a mojor knock with last years final and the first half of the Semi this month.

Going to support Hibs as it is a Cup Final, and technically anything can happen.

However this is Hibs in a Scottish Cup final, so only one thing will happen.

Thats me.

Pat on the other hand has to instill the belief in the team.

Please just be in with contention at half time!

J

#FromTheCapital
25-04-2013, 11:07 AM
The one thing I take confidence from is that we know we can beat Celtic as we have done once this season. If I remember right we were on a poor run of form before that game and after it, so definetely positives to be taken from that. I wasn't at either of the games at Parkhead but it sounds like we done really well in the first game. Before last years final we had been pumped by 2 goals in all 3 games against h****s

Mikey
25-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Efe Ambrose is the new Pierce O'Leary, you heard it here first. :wink:

I was at that final too, in the Aberdeen end next to a clump of undercover Tims. Wind up central. :greengrin

So was I. West stand?

Timothy left pretty sharpish as I recall :greengrin

We did too actually as we were getting worried that the Aberdeen fans might think we were Celtic fans too as we weren't jumping about like a bunch of fruitloops :greengrin

God Petrie
25-04-2013, 11:22 AM
hibernian 7 - 0 celtic

Diclonius
25-04-2013, 11:26 AM
2-0 Celtic.

FranckSuzy
25-04-2013, 11:33 AM
I don't know about the score but the only prediction I have is that a lot of bowels will be loose and stomachs will be churning :greengrin

Mikey
25-04-2013, 11:44 AM
I don't know about the score but the only prediction I have is that a lot of bowels will be loose and stomachs will be churning :greengrin

Are ye working that day? :greengrin

FranckSuzy
25-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Are ye working that day? :greengrin

Better f&*%ing no be! :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Wouldnae wish a serious injury on the guy, but, Brown to break down in training and miss the game would be a wee Brucie bonus!

Lucius Apuleius
25-04-2013, 12:06 PM
I can quite confidently predict that it will either be tight or Celtic win run away with it. If it is tight it might be a draw after 90 minutes. If it is a draw after 90 minutes then I predict it will be pretty tight come the end of extra time. If it is a draw one of the teams will then win on penalties.

Guess I am saying I have not a f'n clue. :greengrin

Glory Glory

Skanko79
25-04-2013, 12:07 PM
unless wee can snatch an early goal to upset them i fear the worst im affraid.

if they score early on we will completely fold, and they will be too strong for another comeback.

Pretty Boy
25-04-2013, 12:08 PM
I just want us to still have a.chance of winning with 15/20 to go. The last 2 SC finals have been over far too early.

Heart says 2-1 Hibs, head says Celtic by a couple.

marinello59
25-04-2013, 12:08 PM
I have no idea what the score will be but Hibs are going to win.

Albanian Hibs
25-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Had a dream a few nights ago that we won 1-0 aet. Tim Clancy scored winning goal after 95 mins!

Onion
25-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Had a dream a few nights ago that we won 1-0 aet. Tim Clancy scored winning goal after 95 mins!

Think you stole Tim Clancy's dream :)

#FromTheCapital
25-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Wouldnae wish a serious injury on the guy, but, Brown to break down in training and miss the game would be a wee Brucie bonus!

Is Brown not injured just now? I'm sure he's got a problem with his hip or something just now which has caused him to miss several games this season

25-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Worried about this one but not as worried as I was last year before the final and the fear of loosing was also compounded by the idea that that ugly mob across the city would win it which is a stomach churning thought. Can't say i'm confident tbh, Celtic will be right up for this one and desperate to do the double. Heart says 2-1 hibs head says 3-0 celtic :boo hoo:

But never the less, ill be there, hoping for a miracle and cheering on the hibees as always :flag:

Believe - it might just be our year guys, stranger things have happened in a cup final!

Onion
25-04-2013, 12:39 PM
3-1 Hibs in one of the biggest upsets since Partick/Celts. We'll all be pinching ourselves as Leigh gets a breakaway killer 3rd with 15 mins to go. CFC throw everything at us and manage to get one back with 5 left but Williams is outstanding and makes two match-winning stops in the dying minutes. The whistle blows and the Hibs end goes into meltdown. And for the rest of your life you'll be able to say in a quiet, understated, Hibs Class way..."I was there".

25-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Is Brown not injured just now? I'm sure he's got a problem with his hip or something just now which has caused him to miss several games this season

Hes back in training apparently and although it will be a close call, he's hoping to try be back for the final.

JeMeSouviens
25-04-2013, 12:48 PM
So was I. West stand?

Timothy left pretty sharpish as I recall :greengrin

We did too actually as we were getting worried that the Aberdeen fans might think we were Celtic fans too as we weren't jumping about like a bunch of fruitloops :greengrin

Yep, the old covered terracing. Timothy said he'd wait for me outside as well, but didn't show. :wink: My wife (girlfriend then) is a Sheepy, so I had to stay till the bitter end. :rolleyes:

Anybody looking for an omen, that was a historic first, the first SC final without a replay and the Dons had lost 3-0 at Parkhead a few weeks before. This is a historic first, the first SC final on a Sunday and we lost 3-0 at Parkhead a few weeks ago!

Franck Stanton
25-04-2013, 12:56 PM
My, how strange football suppoters are. There was a thread on here a few days ago and I dared say I thought Hibs would lose the final, to which I was attacked from all sides, even told to grow a backbone, strangely enough, one of the main culprits that day has posted on this topic that he/she too thinks we will lose, alough from the vehement way he/she posted a few days ago you would not believe it was the same poster. Now we have a thread with quite a large percentage voicing their fears that we will lose. Personally I hope and pray with every fibre of my being that we win the cup, however, as previously stated, just cant see us doing it.

#FromTheCapital
25-04-2013, 01:04 PM
My, how strange football suppoters are. There was a thread on here a few days ago and I dared say I thought Hibs would lose the final, to which I was attacked from all sides, even told to grow a backbone, strangely enough, one of the main culprits that day has posted on this topic that he/she too thinks we will lose, alough from the vehement way he/she posted a few days ago you would not believe it was the same poster. Now we have a thread with quite a large percentage voicing their fears that we will lose. Personally I hope and pray with every fibre of my being that we win the cup, however, as previously stated, just cant see us doing it.

There is nothing wrong with predicting a loss, most hibees don't go into a normal Celtic game expecting anything more than a draw so this game won't be much different. Celtic are a far better team than us that's why they've won the league and we can't even get top 6. I'm just hoping we turn up on the day and don't capitulate like last year with the majority of the 2nd half left to go. As has already been mentioned, if we still have a chance of winning with 15 mins or so left then who knows, it's not impossible

Heisenberg
25-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Celtc go a goal up in the first 20 minutes. They continue to be all over us till we get a break away, win a corner and Paul Hanlon stabs in an equaliser on the 60th minute. We continue to keep them out till the clock hits 90. In the 91st minute Mcpake hoofs a panicked clearance away which see's Griffiths pick the ball up on the halfway line, he sticks it through Scott Browns legs and drives forward till he's 25 yards out. He then bangs the ball into the top corner to win Hibs the Scottish cup for the first time in 111 years. Seems easy enough :aok:

JimBHibees
25-04-2013, 01:14 PM
The performances in recent years of Ross County/Kilmarnock and St Mirren at Hampden and our own performances against Celtc this season also are proof positive that we have a decent chance in this game as does the semi final a week ago when they were quite lucky to get through. The loss of Wanyama and his replacement Kayal is a loss to them also IMO. They have very good attacking options in a back to form Commons, Hooper, Forrest (a key player) and also Samaras who seems to play in the bigger games however they definitely have weaknesses at the back and as some have said if we are level with 15 to 20 to go then we have a great chance.

Cabbage East
25-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I think we'll lose but as long as we get out there and have a go at Celtic then I won't be too upset. Lower expectations = less pain :greengrin

hibsmad
If Brown doesn't make it then I think Hibs will win.

Celtic would obviously still have a better side but I just have a feeling that with their midfield severely weakened, that Thomson and Claros would click and it would be our day.

chrisski33
Ill go with 1-1 then scott brown scoring an O.G in extra time and watch the mighty hibees lift the cup!

JimBHibees
25-04-2013, 01:24 PM
If Brown doesn't make it then I think Hibs will win.

Celtic would obviously still have a better side but I just have a feeling that with their midfield severely weakened, that Thomson and Claros would click and it would be our day.

The opposite of that is if he does make it the chances of him being fit and sharp are probably pretty slim. Wonder if he would have a lovers tiff with Thomo. :greengrin

Aldo
25-04-2013, 01:41 PM
The most important thing for me is the players go out with the belief they can do it and put up a good show.

I really do think it will be tight... Keep Commons and Forrest in the back foot and we will do ok.

They will push men forward at every opportunity and I am hoping to capitalise on that.

2-1 Hibs for me. GG

Keith_M
25-04-2013, 01:54 PM
As I've said previously, I've predicted Hibs to get beat in every other round and see no reason to change that now.

So, 3-1 to Celtc.

A pessimist is always happier than an optimist because he's either proved right or pleasantly surprised :wink:

HibbyDave
25-04-2013, 02:18 PM
I fear for us.

As I can't go I am prepared to miss the celebrations IF i'm wrong. I will however be having a sherbet or two in a lonely corner of Englandshire.

SteveHFC
25-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Play like we did in the 2nd half in the semi-final and we will win :agree:

lugz
25-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Like many other I can't see us winning. I'm going more in hope than expectation. I'd say Celtic will win 3-1 but I'd take the worst game of football and a win on penalties.

frazeHFC
25-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Not even gonna post what i reckon the score will be as it will no doubt be wrong. What would be class though is Hanlon to pop up with a 90th minute header to win. :thumbsup:

Franck Stanton
25-04-2013, 03:45 PM
There is nothing wrong with predicting a loss, most hibees don't go into a normal Celtic game expecting anything more than a draw so this game won't be much different. Celtic are a far better team than us that's why they've won the league and we can't even get top 6. I'm just hoping we turn up on the day and don't capitulate like last year with the majority of the 2nd half left to go. As has already been mentioned, if we still have a chance of winning with 15 mins or so left then who knows, it's not impossible

Agree1100%, Yes over the course of a season Celtic are a far better bet, however.....in a one-off game ,added to the fact that they have developed a compex about Hampden, who knows, maybe, just maybe. . . . . .

DH1875
25-04-2013, 03:59 PM
3-2 Hibs.

skipster7
25-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Celtic have so many attacking options its hard to think we will keep a clean sheet with recent form, BUT we have already this season and proved we can match them in Glasgow then beaten them at ER. IMO their weakest part of their team is in defence so really hope we can have a go at them. 11 v 11 on the day and if most of our 11 can be near the top of their game then 2-1 Hibs. :greengrin. Will be pretty pissed off if we dont have a go and lose 1 or 2 nil anyway !

25-04-2013, 04:37 PM
As mentioned in posts above, as long as we turn up and give them a game and actually show some desire and will to win. Last years final we just let hearts walk all over us. We just didn't look up for it at all, you would never have thought we were playing in a cup final the way some of our players attitudes were. Lets hope that celtic trip on their own complacency. The players absolutely have to believe in themselves and have the desire to win. Play for every ball and give them as little space as possible. The problem last year (amongst others) was that we allowed hearts faaaar too much space to pass and move. Stevenson for example gave Black absolutely acres of room! We need to get right up in their faces and frustrate them right from the start. Their fans are impatient so if we can start to frustrate them hopefully their fans will start to get restless and get on their backs. Strength, desire and fearlessness is what we absolutely must have!

Wont be easy at all, celtic are a very strong side, but I think the players attitudes are very important. Although it still hurts getting beat, I can accept it more if the team gave everything and did they best they could but what makes defeat even worse is when they don't look interested. If the players in that dressing room can't get themselves up and raring to go for a Scottish cup final then they may as well not even bother showing up. A lot of the players in last years cup final squad looked like they couldn't give a ****. There are players in our squad who may never get to play in such a huge game again, every single one of them has the chance to make themselves heroes forever.

Dinkydoo
25-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Celtc go a goal up in the first 20 minutes. They continue to be all over us till we get a break away, win a corner and Paul Hanlon stabs in an equaliser on the 60th minute. We continue to keep them out till the clock hits 90. In the 91st minute Mcpake hoofs a panicked clearance away which see's Griffiths pick the ball up on the halfway line, he sticks it through Scott Browns legs and drives forward till he's 25 yards out. He then bangs the ball into the top corner to win Hibs the Scottish cup for the first time in 111 years. Seems easy enough :aok:

I actually cheered out loud whilst reading that! ✌👆

Albanian Hibs
25-04-2013, 05:20 PM
3-1 Hibs in one of the biggest upsets since Partick/Celts. We'll all be pinching ourselves as Leigh gets a breakaway killer 3rd with 15 mins to go. CFC throw everything at us and manage to get one back with 5 left but Williams is outstanding and makes two match-winning stops in the dying minutes. The whistle blows and the Hibs end goes into meltdown. And for the rest of your life you'll be able to say in a quiet, understated, Hibs Class way..."I was there".

Got a wee bit emotional reading that!

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2013, 05:22 PM
As mentioned in posts above, as long as we turn up and give them a game and actually show some desire and will to win. Last years final we just let hearts walk all over us. We just didn't look up for it at all, you would never have thought we were playing in a cup final the way some of our players attitudes were. Lets hope that celtic trip on their own complacency. The players absolutely have to believe in themselves and have the desire to win. Play for every ball and give them as little space as possible. The problem last year (amongst others) was that we allowed hearts faaaar too much space to pass and move. Stevenson for example gave Black absolutely acres of room! We need to get right up in their faces and frustrate them right from the start. Their fans are impatient so if we can start to frustrate them hopefully their fans will start to get restless and get on their backs. Strength, desire and fearlessness is what we absolutely must have!

Wont be easy at all, celtic are a very strong side, but I think the players attitudes are very important. Although it still hurts getting beat, I can accept it more if the team gave everything and did they best they could but what makes defeat even worse is when they don't look interested. If the players in that dressing room can't get themselves up and raring to go for a Scottish cup final then they may as well not even bother showing up. A lot of the players in last years cup final squad looked like they couldn't give a ****. There are players in our squad who may never get to play in such a huge game again, every single one of them has the chance to make themselves heroes forever.

:top marks

Not going to attemp a prediction of the score. If we do what NumberSeven says we have a chance.

If we play like last year or the first half against Falkirk or any of most of our league games since the new year we will get humped.

I pray for the former.

I fear it will be the latter.

Oh ..... and none of this taking the players away to bloody Ireland the week before the game. IMO because they were out of the loop some of them hadnt grasped the magnitude of the game and it showed on the day.

Hibrandenburg
25-04-2013, 05:22 PM
We're going to struggle for the remaining league fixtures, the football and results will be dire. But like I said weeks ago it's all part of Pat's plan to lure them into a false sense of security. Whether it's enough :dunno:

eastterrace
25-04-2013, 06:27 PM
hope scott brown makes it as he wont be match fit so he could have a few dodgy tackles get him sent off and we have 11 against 10 , the cup will be ours:flag:

Squealing pig
25-04-2013, 06:47 PM
A lot of dreams on here I had 1 that hibs won 2-1 aet Celtic battered us throughout, take it anyday.

GlenrothesHibee
25-04-2013, 06:52 PM

Love this. I dont think football will ever have seen such an outpouring of emotion if we win it. Alas my head says 4-0 Celtic

CapitalHibs
25-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Won't mind being slagged off if I'm wrong and we win...but 5-0 celtc. We become the first team in consecutive Cup Finals to lose both by a combined double figure score. How bad is that?

Eyrie
25-04-2013, 07:15 PM
If I had to put my mortgage on a score it would be Hibs 1, Septic 3.

Since I don't, Septic will dominate possession and play most of the game in our half. However Griffiths will score with a free kick on 62 minutes, then break to set up Harris for the winner in 70 minutes. :pfgwa

Col2
25-04-2013, 07:30 PM
We need something extra to increase our and importantly the team's confidence. On effect we need an edge, something that gives us all a little more belief and shows us one or two players can perform much much better than we expected e.g. Done rips a team apart, handling scores a double or a sparkling display by Cairney.

We need a good couple of wins. A derby win would be a massive boost.

Deep down I fear we won't see much of the above and end up drawing v St Mirren and Killie, losing to yams and winning against a relegated Dundee. And then we go into final based purely on hope and Leigh Griffiths.

Right now as OP asked I would say 2-0 Celtic. Hopefully we can see some new life and new sparks to give us more than just hope.

DH1875
25-04-2013, 07:59 PM
You only need to look at celtic to see that anything is possible. Who honestly thought they'd beat Barca? If they can beat them then, we can beat them, as we've already proven this year. So long as we dont play like we did against them last time, we've got a chance.

Hermit Crab
25-04-2013, 08:05 PM

Dreams have a nasty habit of not coming true.

Billy Whizz
25-04-2013, 08:07 PM
My only prediction is that it will be a sell out

Northernhibee
25-04-2013, 08:09 PM
You only need to look at celtic to see that anything is possible. Who honestly thought they'd beat Barca? If they can beat them then, we can beat them, as we've already proven this year. So long as we dont play like we did against them last time, we've got a chance.

Then that would make us better than Barca, so if we win against Celtic we are 100% guaranteed to win the Europa League next season.

FACT. :agree:

monktonharp
25-04-2013, 08:19 PM
hope scott brown makes it as he wont be match fit so he could have a few dodgy tackles get him sent off and we have 11 against 10 , the cup will be ours:flag::agree:exactly the way I see it. ! hope I'm entirely right, and everyone and their dug, with the exception of Hibernian fans goes on to say Celtic were cheated in a paranoid sort of way .:wink:

monktonharp
25-04-2013, 08:20 PM
You only need to look at celtic to see that anything is possible. Who honestly thought they'd beat Barca? If they can beat them then, we can beat them, as we've already proven this year. So long as we dont play like we did against them last time, we've got a chance.we've beaten Barca!!??

Hibrandenburg
25-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Won't mind being slagged off if I'm wrong and we win...but 5-0 celtc. We become the first team in consecutive Cup Finals to lose both by a combined double figure score. How bad is that?

Cool with that, Hibs continue to make history and Hearts are condemned to it.

thekaratekid
25-04-2013, 08:44 PM
1-0

Kuqi header in the 119th minute

SteveHFC
25-04-2013, 08:47 PM
1-0

Daffy Duck's wet dream :greengrin

Hermit Crab
25-04-2013, 08:54 PM
A winner for Hibs from anyone in the 111th minute has got to be a shout. :-)

sleeping giant
25-04-2013, 08:56 PM
We will score early. First 15 mins and hang on for the 1 goal victory.

snooky
25-04-2013, 09:03 PM
If it's gonna be our day, let's do a "Partick Thistle" (4-1)

PJ IronHIbee
25-04-2013, 09:38 PM
It's going to be messy and the weegie cops will do all in their power to spoil my day
GGTTH
1-0 Sparky
:flag:

Denverhibby
25-04-2013, 09:50 PM
As we have seen this year anything can happen. We have played they 3 times W1 L1 D 1 this season. It who turns up on the day thy counts. If the second half team turn up am going 2-1 for the first team to wear green. If that team font turn up we're doomed.

Part/Time Supporter
25-04-2013, 09:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJJW7EF5aVk

DH1875
25-04-2013, 10:09 PM
we've beaten Barca!!??

This season? Must have missed that :)

Diclonius
25-04-2013, 10:25 PM
1-0

If Kuqi scores the winner in the last minute, it'll be a toss up between me collapsing from either overcelebration or laughter.

DH1875
25-04-2013, 10:29 PM
If Kuqi scores the winner in the last minute, it'll be a toss up between me collapsing from either overcelebration or laughter.

No danger. Kuqi wont even be in the squad.

spike220
26-04-2013, 02:01 AM
No danger. Kuqi wont even be in the squad.

If by some strange twist of fate he is in the squad and did score the winner, he would be have a cult following for years to come no questions asked.

For that matter if anyone were to score the winner they would go in Hibs history for ever, no matter what they did before or after.

GGTTH

JennaFletcher
26-04-2013, 11:22 PM
2-2 aet

Celtic take the lead through Commons after 12 mins, Griffiths levels it just before half time. Hanlon header from a corner puts us in lead after 67 minutes but then bloody Stokes scores in the 83rd min to make it 2-2.

in extra time Celtic are all over Hibs but we somehow keep them out.

Hibs win on penalties. :greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
27-04-2013, 12:04 AM
I know there is still over 4 weeks and 4 more games before the final, and anything could happen regarding injuries/suspensions before the 26th of May. But what do people think the score will be?

We already have an advantage with Wanyama and Kayal (his natural replacement) suspended but lets be honest, Celtic are firm favourites for this game. I am slightly concerned that this years cup run is remarkably similar to last years, we played several teams this year that we played last year and we will face our first top 6 SPL side of the tournament in the final. However I'm definetely feeling a lot more positive about it this year and will go out and enjoy the day to its fullest - win or lose, without the worry of a pink parade after the game.

2-1 Hibs aet with Harris and Sparky with our 2 goals. Although this depends heavily on the good hibs turning up and Celtic bottling it like they have done so many times at Hampden under Neil Lennon :wink:

Going to get a quote from the bookies on Hibs to win 4-2, Goalscorers Leighx2, Doyle and Harris/Wotherspoon.

Although i'm truly not expecting Hibs to win (after last season) so going to turn up and enjoy the whole occasion like I did in 2001. :flag:

p.s. Hibby's... make sure our Sunshine on Leith is better and louder than their YNWA before kick off!!!!

Albanian Hibs
27-04-2013, 06:41 AM
2-2 aet

Celtic take the lead through Commons after 12 mins, Griffiths levels it just before half time. Hanlon header from a corner puts us in lead after 67 minutes but then bloody Stokes scores in the 83rd min to make it 2-2.

in extra time Celtic are all over Hibs but we somehow keep them out.

Hibs win on penalties. :greengrin

I dont think I will be able to cope in a situ like this. Being just over 30 weeks pregnant on cup final day is going to be tough.

Lucius Apuleius
27-04-2013, 06:48 AM
I dont think I will be able to cope in a situ like this. Being just over 30 weeks pregnant on cup final day is going to be tough.

:greengrin You would have to call the baby after which ever Celtc player missed the deciding penalty. Either that or after big Ben.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-04-2013, 07:06 AM
can't see it happening, but if for some reason it does go to penalties then I think Celtic will bottle it.

steakbake
27-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Heart says 1-0/2-1 to the Hibs.

Head says we'll get pumped 3-0/4-0.

It just depends which Hibs team show up. If it's the one we've been seeing of late then it's not going to be a fun afternoon.

Albanian Hibs
27-04-2013, 11:40 AM
:greengrin You would have to call the baby after which ever Celtc player missed the deciding penalty. Either that or after big Ben.

My son is called Ben so I guess that leaves the celtc player who misses the deciding penalty for the name of our new arrival. Dont want to give birth in the weeg though ;-)

27-04-2013, 05:17 PM
If our defense is as slack and gives away as much as they did today then celtic are going to have an absolute field day in the final! For the first goal, so many chances to clear but we faffed about as usual!

stirling_hibee
27-04-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm putting my house on a Hibs win. Now in the spirit of honesty I have to admit I don't own a house, and my landlord might be a bit peed off if I did, but I reckon we had to go through last year in order to fully appreciate this year.
The way Sparky has been playing he can score from anywhere and Celtic aren't as good as Lennon thinks they are.

Believe (erm, has that been used before?)

JennaFletcher
27-04-2013, 06:05 PM
My son is called Ben so I guess that leaves the celtc player who misses the deciding penalty for the name of our new arrival. Dont want to give birth in the weeg though ;-)

Could you imagine?! Would be nothing worse than entering labour @ Hampden... The state of the women's toilets have got me seriously contemplating buying a she wee! And I accidentally dropped my scarf on the toilet floor :(